Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? 12:43 - Jan 22 with 4079 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Anyone know how long in advance is best to book flights for Florida, or anywhere come to that?

I haven't been for a while but seem to remember trying to do it about ten months before, but that could be wrong?
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 12:54 - Jan 22 with 4067 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

General rule is earlier the better, I usually leave at least three months for the US, booked last week to NYC with BA for £280 return in May this year.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 15:36 - Jan 22 with 4007 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 12:54 - Jan 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

General rule is earlier the better, I usually leave at least three months for the US, booked last week to NYC with BA for £280 return in May this year.

Ok thanks thats a great price!
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 19:51 - Jan 22 with 3931 viewsPhil_S

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 12:54 - Jan 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Did you book that direct with BA or via another site?
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:09 - Jan 22 with 3913 viewsmajorraglan

Prices can vary like crazy, but I seem to recall that booking long haul is best about 3 to 4 months in advance, there are all sorts of tips on the web including booking mid week, flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday etc and it’s worth spending time doing some research.

Skyscanner is a useful tool for checking prices and routes, but quite often the rock bottom rates they quote on long haul flights are economy light which basically means no suitcase in the hold. If you are going away for a couple of weeks, then you will probably need big cases and that can soon add up, £80 per case for each leg which makes it cheaper to book standard economy. Before booking, it’s worth checking out the reviews for the flight agents who are selling the tickets, some are very unreliable.

Two years ago we went to Boston, I booked about 3 months in advance and got direct flights including cases for about £300 each. I researched the flights on Skyscanner before booking with Netflights, they were slightly more expensive but I as happy to pay the extra knowing I was dealing with a decent outfit. About 10 years ago 6 of us went to Florida, we booked early doors via an online agent and we got messed about, having paid for our flights they got moved from Birmingham to Manchester, the after sales support was cr@p and it caused a lot of grief.

Look for code share options, for example it may be called a BA flight, but you could be travelling on an American company. It’s the Same plane, but the prices could differ significantly!
With Code share, check the type of plane and seat configuration, for example we booked flights with a certain U.K. airline a few years ago, outward journey was with an American company and the seating was a 2 3 2 arrangement, on the way back it was with a UK airline and it was a 2 4 2 arrangement - smaller seats to squeeze more people on. (My personal experience is that our American cousins planes have larger seats.)

https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/transportation/booking-flights
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:15]
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:12 - Jan 22 with 3906 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Used a combination of Google Flights, Skyscanner, Kayak and Momondo to search and then went direct to BA when they started to show alongside KLM, Delta and Norwegian as good prices for my dates. There is a good weight allowance for carry on luggage with BA.

As Major says be careful about baggage allowances and even on the BA site you need to check which airline your are using, the airline for each flight is shown on the BA site.

There is also a reasonable site called Jack's Flight Club that you can sign up to that gives notice of deals, it was that site that alerted me to drops in the transatlantic prices in May.

Jack's Flight Club is of course only for us!

[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:25]

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:20 - Jan 22 with 3888 viewsmajorraglan

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 19:51 - Jan 22 by Phil_S

Did you book that direct with BA or via another site?

Booking with the airline direct can be more expensive, but it’s always worth checking. I recently booked flights with BA to the West Coast of the States this year. Their headline price was more expensive, but by the time I factored in suitcases they were actually cheaper than the on line prices of their competitors. As I booked a flight and car hire deal, I only had to pay £300 up front.

It’s also worth looking at airport options, for example Heathrow can be more expensive than Gatwick and Manchester, but occasionally the latter can come up trumps on price. If there’s 4 of you travelling a difference of £35 or £40 each can soon add up. If you are going to New York, JFK and Newark can vary significantly on price, options to reduce price could be to fly in to one and out of the other.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:27]
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:25 - Jan 22 with 3875 viewsProfessor

Hard to say. Four months is commonly quoted but as dynamic pricing is increasingly used it can vary dependent on searches and of course seat availability. For some reason Tuesday lunchtime is often the best time to look, but certainly set up a skyscanner alert. We were able to save about £200 each for Orlando flights by hitting on a reduced price. Fewer flights from up here (Manchester) with demise of Thomas Cook
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:30 - Jan 22 with 3868 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Another tip from a friend who flies long haul with his work is to search for the best deal using one URL and then when you have narrowed down your choice use another to book the flight, he says he can often save 10 percent, going to the airline direct having done the searching using a comparison site can have a similar effect on occasions.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:35]

Login to get fewer ads

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:45 - Jan 22 with 3847 viewsjackmorsel

Try this website, it's what Google and travel agents use, basically use to find any fare combination in the world. It's not a comparison site but the actual backend that most companies use to search for flights. You can find some pretty interesting combinations!

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#search:
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:47]
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:54 - Jan 22 with 3834 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:45 - Jan 22 by jackmorsel

Try this website, it's what Google and travel agents use, basically use to find any fare combination in the world. It's not a comparison site but the actual backend that most companies use to search for flights. You can find some pretty interesting combinations!

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#search:
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:47]

Thanks for posting.

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 21:04 - Jan 22 with 3824 viewsjackmorsel

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 20:54 - Jan 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Thanks for posting.

No problem, I only found it a couple of month ago, very handy tool!
Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 21:15 - Jan 22 with 3816 viewsWxmJax

I used to book last minute in May as the kids were coming up to having exams. Several times I flew for £79 return fly/drive then, having researched some hotels, picked up a discount hotel voucher book from the entrance of one of fast food outlets and drove to one of the hotels in there.
Even last year I noticed that Thomas Cook were doing them for about £249 return. Didn't check any other airlines.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 16:22 - Jan 24 with 3685 viewsCooperman

Bump.

My chum Gilbert Ott just published this on his blog and website. Orlando for £240 per person on certain dates. Fill yer boots.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/virgin-atlantic-240-return-london-to-orlando/

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 10:00 - Jan 25 with 3603 viewsCooperman

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 16:22 - Jan 24 by Cooperman

Bump.

My chum Gilbert Ott just published this on his blog and website. Orlando for £240 per person on certain dates. Fill yer boots.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/virgin-atlantic-240-return-london-to-orlando/

Double bump. For those interested in Florida, I wouldn’t want you to miss this.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Best time to book flights for Florida in advance? on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 3591 viewsfishman

Are you taking children ? or is it adults only ,if kids are included ,then i agree with most of the posters in buying as far in advance as possible
If its adults ,we ALWAYS leave it till last minute ,and we have never had an issue in getting seats ,as long as you are flexible by a couple of days either way
Last year ,late Aug ,2 adults from Bristol into Sanford £760 inc seat reservation and full luggage ,the year before ,Gatwick was actually £780 for 2 .
We use TUI ,Norwegian Air ,or who ever comes in with the best price .
One thing that we always do is book direct with the Airline ,always had the best price ,and if you do use a third party booking site ,and something goes wrong ,its not the airline you deal with ,and the customer service at various booking sites ,are in general non existent.
By last minute i would say 14 days or less from departure date ,and dont worry about accommodation there are thousands and thousands of hotel rooms ,villas ,condos etc ,which by the way we never pay the asking price for ,as its last minute ,many are happy to do "special pricing " to get a booking
Hope this is of some help
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024