Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cullen's on Fire 07:15 - Jan 28 with 5762 viewsSWANSEYE

Get him in the first team squad as fast as possible as Cullen's on fire . . Following on from his recent hat-trick he got another 4 yesterday against Everton and certainly knows where the goal is having scored 10 goals in 4 games and 17 for the Season. . .I'm sure some Premier League Scout will come sniffing very shortly.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:52]
Cullen's on Fire on 18:21 - Jan 28 with 2000 viewsoldcob

Cullen's on Fire on 18:10 - Jan 28 by jackrmee

That's only natural. A youngster on the fringes of some of the best and biggest clubs in the world is probably an upgrade on any youngsters in this league. Just common sense.
Obviously there is class everywhere, so it won't be true all the time, but if you haven't seen the players play, you'd automatically assume the one at the massive club has a good chance of being an upgrade.

Anyway, in terms of Cullen. I really really hope the kid comes good. We desperately need to show why we need this Cat 1 academy.Would be lovely to have a homegrown lad smashing in the goals. Who was the last local striker we had, James Thomas?

Thing is, if you develop and "bring on" one of our own it's a plus for the club. If you help develop a loan player, then that's a plus for his parent club.
Cullen's on Fire on 18:29 - Jan 28 with 1972 viewsthornabyswan

Cullen's on Fire on 18:21 - Jan 28 by oldcob

Thing is, if you develop and "bring on" one of our own it's a plus for the club. If you help develop a loan player, then that's a plus for his parent club.

No point developing players at under 23 level then getting poached though.

Them 7 goals he scored against Boro and Everton have not really helped the club with his contract running out in June.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 18:34]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cullen's on Fire on 18:33 - Jan 28 with 1969 viewsjackrmee

Cullen's on Fire on 18:16 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

Hibernian amongst other clubs showing an interest according to football insider.
Not the most reliable source.

Aye, on loan though, Shirley?
Football Insider seem to be one of the better ones IMO. Remember them being first to report on a few of our transfers last season. Think it was with DJ, Oli and Jeff.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cullen's on Fire on 18:39 - Jan 28 with 1953 viewsthornabyswan

Cullen's on Fire on 18:33 - Jan 28 by jackrmee

Aye, on loan though, Shirley?
Football Insider seem to be one of the better ones IMO. Remember them being first to report on a few of our transfers last season. Think it was with DJ, Oli and Jeff.

Yes if he goes on loan we need to get the contract sorted first no point him going there scoring a load of goals then leaving on a free.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 18:40]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cullen's on Fire on 18:48 - Jan 28 with 1941 viewsjackrmee

Cullen's on Fire on 18:39 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

Yes if he goes on loan we need to get the contract sorted first no point him going there scoring a load of goals then leaving on a free.

Very true

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cullen's on Fire on 19:18 - Jan 28 with 1913 viewsjasper_T

That's only natural. A youngster on the fringes of some of the best and biggest clubs in the world is probably an upgrade on any youngsters in this league. Just common sense.
Obviously there is class everywhere, so it won't be true all the time, but if you haven't seen the players play, you'd automatically assume the one at the massive club has a good chance of being an upgrade.

Anyway, in terms of Cullen. I really really hope the kid comes good. We desperately need to show why we need this Cat 1 academy.Would be lovely to have a homegrown lad smashing in the goals. Who was the last local striker we had, James Thomas?

People who haven't seen any of them play shouldn't be venturing opinions on their quality. That's common sense.

Plenty of people in football think that way, though. It's how Liverpool rinse Bournemouth for £15m every season, and Man Utd academy washouts get big contracts up and down the EFL, including with us.

We've got a ex-Real Madrid and an ex-Ajax youngster on the books as well. Neither are going to make it in all likelihood. Plenty of talent in South Wales, as Fergie said.
Cullen's on Fire on 19:37 - Jan 28 with 1865 views3swan

As he's under 24 and we offer him a contract don't we get some compensation if he signs for another club.

Not sure on the rules about a Scottish club v overseas where I think no compensation paid.
Cullen's on Fire on 20:08 - Jan 28 with 1831 viewsjasper_T

Cullen's on Fire on 19:37 - Jan 28 by 3swan

As he's under 24 and we offer him a contract don't we get some compensation if he signs for another club.

Not sure on the rules about a Scottish club v overseas where I think no compensation paid.

Training compensation and/or solidarity payments would likely apply under FIFA rules, yes.

edit: If he were to leave at the end of this season we would be entitled to 4% of future fees as a solidarity payment for having trained him from 11 to 21. He's been a professional for quite a while so not sure how training compensation for leaving at the end of his contract would be calculated.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 20:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Cullen's on Fire on 20:30 - Jan 28 with 1791 viewsKilkennyjack

i think Morriston boy James Thomas signed for us from Blackburn Rovers.
Might be wrong.

Well done to young Cullen. Brilliant.

Was our last first choice local keeper back in the 1980s ?

Beware of the Risen People

Cullen's on Fire on 20:37 - Jan 28 with 1783 viewsBadlands

Cullen's on Fire on 18:29 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

No point developing players at under 23 level then getting poached though.

Them 7 goals he scored against Boro and Everton have not really helped the club with his contract running out in June.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 18:34]

Brining in Brewster has already shown him he wasn't rated here.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cullen's on Fire on 20:57 - Jan 28 with 1758 viewsthornabyswan

Cullen's on Fire on 20:37 - Jan 28 by Badlands

Brining in Brewster has already shown him he wasn't rated here.

Not really not ready yet maybe but next season perhaps.

But you cant select players just because they are local they need to be good enough as well.

What I would say is to leave the contract run down so close on a promising accadamy striker is fukcing stupidity.

Cullen's on Fire on 21:29 - Jan 28 with 1742 viewscontroversial_jack

He will probably be sold for a quick buck
Cullen's on Fire on 09:57 - Jan 29 with 1564 viewsBadlands

Someone had a word na n ear?
Cullen listed in the first team squad.
Liam Cullen 32
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 9:58]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cullen's on Fire on 12:17 - Jan 29 with 1518 viewsSwansea93

Cullen's on Fire on 09:57 - Jan 29 by Badlands

Liam Cullen 32

Good spot.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cullen's on Fire on 12:53 - Jan 29 with 1482 viewsjasper_T

The shirt number isn't new.
Cullen's on Fire on 17:06 - Jan 29 with 1355 viewsTenbySwan

Cullen's on Fire on 09:57 - Jan 29 by Badlands

Liam Cullen 32

He has been there all year.

Lowest number for academy player.
Cullen's on Fire on 18:34 - Jan 29 with 1284 viewsgrabsplatter

Contract extension signed
Cullen's on Fire on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 1232 viewsCaptain_Sham

Cullen's on Fire on 21:29 - Jan 28 by controversial_jack

He will probably be sold for a quick buck

Finger on the pulse as usual.
Fair do's, I have never seen anyone so dedicated to getting it wrong. I'm almost impressed.

Its just a ride.

Cullen's on Fire on 19:09 - Jan 29 with 1210 viewspencoedjack

Cullen's on Fire on 18:34 - Jan 29 by grabsplatter

Contract extension signed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51303835
Cullen's on Fire on 11:40 - Jan 30 with 1007 viewsTimTtam

Cullen's on Fire on 19:09 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51303835

Excellent. Now hopefully we sort out a loan for him. It's better than having him play U23s football for the rest of the season. He'll be in the first team next season.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cullen's on Fire on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 1001 viewscontroversial_jack

Cullen's on Fire on 18:58 - Jan 29 by Captain_Sham

Finger on the pulse as usual.
Fair do's, I have never seen anyone so dedicated to getting it wrong. I'm almost impressed.

Did you notice the "probably" in there? Since when does signing a contract mean they won't be sold if both parties agree. Just wait and see
Cullen's on Fire on 18:42 - Jan 31 with 909 viewsblackpooljack

What happened to that vid of all of LC's u23 goals it seems like it was only online for 30 mins the other day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024