Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... 20:05 - Feb 16 with 26845 viewsSwanjaxs

Mr Dooley, Penlan comp back in 78.

Irish block head, ex washed up boxer in his late 50's ..

Loved to reach for his right hand draw and slipper a few 👌

Who's the teacher back in your day you'd want to meet up with now on an equal footing? 👊👊

This post has been edited by an administrator

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:37 - Feb 17 with 4549 viewsSoberBaker

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:05 - Feb 17 by leighton1318

And through to 1977 at least.

‘Haircut, boy’.

Vicious but fair. He was a rugby ref too, I think.

Most of the teachers at Olchfa were great, even the strict ones had some humour.

Through to the late 80's too.

You knew you were f*cked when his face started going red.

AMOW

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 4529 viewsunion_jack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:37 - Feb 17 by SoberBaker

Through to the late 80's too.

You knew you were f*cked when his face started going red.

Good maths teacher though.

Can’t help thinking he left under a cloud (many years after I did). Never did get to the bottom of it though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame...q on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 4525 viewsWarwickHunt

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:19 - Feb 17 by leighton1318

I nearly named Jefford as an exception in my post earlier. Held off because I was never taught by him but he was always roaming the corridor as if looking for trouble.

He found it with my old man. Shat himself.

Typical bully.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 11:20 - Feb 17 with 4493 viewsPegojack

There was a horrible physics teacher in Glanafan, Port Talbot in my era, late 60s early 70s, can't remember his name, maybe someone can help me out, Darran perhaps?
He was shortish, balding, used to wear steel rimmed Gestapo specs with a blue tint. Used to wander round behind the rows of pupils all perched on those high stools in front of the benches in the physics/chemistry lab. The boys never knew when they were going to get a sharp dig in the ribs or his specialty, grabbing the bottom of your sideburns (very bushy in those long haired days), twisting them around then ripping them upwards with a jerk.
He used to come up behind the girls and fondle them unashamedly as they sat rigid with fear. Would be behind bars in very short order these days, the sadistic pervert!
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 11:23]
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 12:22 - Feb 17 with 4455 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dr Coleman at Olchfa was a ropey teacher(Chemistry). His pots and pans analogies in relation to chemical anatomy were impervious, to be polite about it, but the real enemy was the tedium generated by his monotone drone. Time ran backwards in his lessons.
Maybe he should have been a physics teacher.

Its just a ride.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 12:29 - Feb 17 with 4444 viewsexhmrc1

Hope Perrins was a better teacher than referee. He refereed Trebanos against Glais years ago and abandoned the game just after half time due to one almighty scrap with nearly everyone fighting. He decided a Trebanos penalty was over the bar when it dropped below. From the kick off all hell broke loose and he kept blowing his whistle but the scrap carried on until he abandoned the game. OK giving kids hell but useless with adults which often happens with teachers. Afan Daniel was the worse I came across when head of Ystalyfera Grammar before he went to Gowerton. Totally horrible man.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 12:58 - Feb 17 with 4399 viewsRobbie

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 12:29 - Feb 17 by exhmrc1

Hope Perrins was a better teacher than referee. He refereed Trebanos against Glais years ago and abandoned the game just after half time due to one almighty scrap with nearly everyone fighting. He decided a Trebanos penalty was over the bar when it dropped below. From the kick off all hell broke loose and he kept blowing his whistle but the scrap carried on until he abandoned the game. OK giving kids hell but useless with adults which often happens with teachers. Afan Daniel was the worse I came across when head of Ystalyfera Grammar before he went to Gowerton. Totally horrible man.

Had experience with Afan Daniels at Gowerton School too , early 70"s . standing outside his office waiting for the cane across the palm of my hand , never get away with it now .
Turned the school into a rugby playing stronghold ,which , in a way had the opposite effect on me . Think he was a Cambridge Blue also .
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 13:42 - Feb 17 with 4354 viewsraynor94

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:04 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

One caned my kid brother - came home with his arse red raw. Late 70s.
My old man went up, grabbed him by the throat and scared the bejesus out of the fûcker.😂

Edit: name just came to me - Jefford.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 10:13]

Jack Jefford, a real bastard

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 14:06 - Feb 17 with 4321 viewsangryjack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:52 - Feb 16 by Andy1300

Yeah, and twisty, Leigh Jones etc

Killer Morgan penlan my form teacher,told him had leave early one day as was playing g for school team in Newport..he asked the football coach tonto the next day and he told him we left for new port after school,,pulled me out in front of form next day and picked me up by my ears and threw me into steel cupboard anyone weho laughed had same treatment
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 14:09 - Feb 17 with 4319 viewsangryjack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:33 - Feb 17 by Jango

Selwyn Williams was PE teacher when I was in Penlan, he had the best job in the school out of the way. Mr Waters IT was the worst. He’d turn up 10 minutes late to let you in and then disappear for the rest of the lesson. Absolute mayhem for an hour.

He would sneak off and sh@g the welsh teacher a right growler
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 14:10 - Feb 17 with 4317 viewsthornabyswan

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 13:42 - Feb 17 by raynor94

Mages Perrins and Jefford.

Them 3 should have been wardens in Shawshank redemption not teaching kids in school.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:53]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:13 - Feb 17 with 4250 viewscontroversial_jack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 14:10 - Feb 17 by thornabyswan

Mages Perrins and Jefford.

Them 3 should have been wardens in Shawshank redemption not teaching kids in school.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:53]

A teacher at my school went to cane some lad and found the cupboard where he kept his canes had been broken into and the canes had been stolen.So, he went to the gardening dept and came back and caned the lad with a pickaxe handle. They were brutal f*ckers in those days and shit teachers too.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:13 - Feb 17 with 4252 viewsSwanjaxs

Miss Palister the music teacher in Penlan.

Looked like Miss Piggy.

She gave a few lads some "extra coaching" if you know what I mean 👀

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:20 - Feb 17 with 4242 viewsthornabyswan

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:13 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

A teacher at my school went to cane some lad and found the cupboard where he kept his canes had been broken into and the canes had been stolen.So, he went to the gardening dept and came back and caned the lad with a pickaxe handle. They were brutal f*ckers in those days and shit teachers too.

Yes I saw Alan Mages punch a lad in the stomach for no reason at all he was rolling about on the floor then he stuck the boot in.

How the fukc did they get away with it.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:51]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:40 - Feb 17 with 4216 viewsWarwickHunt

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:13 - Feb 17 by Swanjaxs

Miss Palister the music teacher in Penlan.

Looked like Miss Piggy.

She gave a few lads some "extra coaching" if you know what I mean 👀

Did she play the pink oboe?
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 4108 viewsSwanjaxs

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 15:40 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

Did she play the pink oboe?

She did indeed.

Twanged a few banjos too 👍

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 4096 viewsJack59

Bishop Gore was a sadist's paradise in the early 60's. I was one of 20 or so first year boys to get 'six of the best' on our very first day at the School, and unknown to us it was a School rule that under no circumstances could any boy set foot on any grass to the front of the School. Ellis Lloyd was the name of the Headcase, his nickname was 'The YOHM' ( Yards of hanging mouth ) he died early on the morning of April 1st 1966, his death was announced in Assembly that morning and was greeted with laughter and a thousand cheers.
Same problems there as other posters have mentioned in their schools regarding the hatred for Soccer. One of the Geography teachers found out I was a big Swans fan, and four hours before we were to play our biggest game at the Vetch for years, he took great pleasure in giving me 100 lines with seventy four words in each line, this was to be delivered to him by the following morning. The game was the 5th round cup replay against Stoke with a full house of 30,000. He knew I needed to be at the Vetch by 5.30 at the latest to have any chance of seeing the game.
From my experience there, I would say that the more violent teachers were usually the most talentless, and they lacked the imagination necessary to make lessons more interesting.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 18:27 - Feb 17 with 4083 viewsHighjack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 18:13 - Feb 17 by Jack59

Bishop Gore was a sadist's paradise in the early 60's. I was one of 20 or so first year boys to get 'six of the best' on our very first day at the School, and unknown to us it was a School rule that under no circumstances could any boy set foot on any grass to the front of the School. Ellis Lloyd was the name of the Headcase, his nickname was 'The YOHM' ( Yards of hanging mouth ) he died early on the morning of April 1st 1966, his death was announced in Assembly that morning and was greeted with laughter and a thousand cheers.
Same problems there as other posters have mentioned in their schools regarding the hatred for Soccer. One of the Geography teachers found out I was a big Swans fan, and four hours before we were to play our biggest game at the Vetch for years, he took great pleasure in giving me 100 lines with seventy four words in each line, this was to be delivered to him by the following morning. The game was the 5th round cup replay against Stoke with a full house of 30,000. He knew I needed to be at the Vetch by 5.30 at the latest to have any chance of seeing the game.
From my experience there, I would say that the more violent teachers were usually the most talentless, and they lacked the imagination necessary to make lessons more interesting.

Our teachers had a pathological hatred for football too. First ever P.E lesson in Dwr y felin, the teacher placed a rugby ball on one side of the corridor and a football on the other. He said “Go and stand next to the ball that you’d rather play with”. Probably about 90% of the group went and stood next to the football. He said “We’re playing rugby anyway, that was just to find out who the poofters are.”

They actually tried to ban football on the grounds that it was dangerous because the ball might smash a window. Even though the playing fields were massive and the football pitch was about half a mile from the school.

There was also an old bloke who used to go into the showers and the changing rooms bollock naked whilst we were showering or changing. Nobody ever knew who he was.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:22 - Feb 17 with 3987 viewslondonlisa2001

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 13:42 - Feb 17 by raynor94

Really nice guy outside school btw.

Perrins the same. He taught me maths. Terrifying. But nice guy outside school.

Jefford’s daughter is now a High Court judge. Fantastic for an Olchfa girl.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:29 - Feb 17 with 3972 viewsSwanjaxs

And of course the twice weekly tear up with the Cwmrhydyceirw lads back in the day 😍

Penlan would go over to their turf first, then a couple of days later the Cwm boys would appear marauding over Penlan common like the Comanche's seeking revenge 👀

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:30 - Feb 17 with 3969 viewsLohengrin

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 18:27 - Feb 17 by Highjack

Our teachers had a pathological hatred for football too. First ever P.E lesson in Dwr y felin, the teacher placed a rugby ball on one side of the corridor and a football on the other. He said “Go and stand next to the ball that you’d rather play with”. Probably about 90% of the group went and stood next to the football. He said “We’re playing rugby anyway, that was just to find out who the poofters are.”

They actually tried to ban football on the grounds that it was dangerous because the ball might smash a window. Even though the playing fields were massive and the football pitch was about half a mile from the school.

There was also an old bloke who used to go into the showers and the changing rooms bollock naked whilst we were showering or changing. Nobody ever knew who he was.

”There was also an old bloke who used to go into the showers and the changing rooms bollock naked whilst we were showering or changing. Nobody ever knew who he was?”

Yeah, belated apologies for that. My boiler was on the blink and needs must...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 3958 viewsSwanjaxs

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:30 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

”There was also an old bloke who used to go into the showers and the changing rooms bollock naked whilst we were showering or changing. Nobody ever knew who he was?”

Yeah, belated apologies for that. My boiler was on the blink and needs must...

But was there any need for the armbands and snorkel?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:47 - Feb 17 with 3928 viewsHighjack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:34 - Feb 17 by Swanjaxs

But was there any need for the armbands and snorkel?

And the KY jelly?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 3924 viewsexhmrc1

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 12:58 - Feb 17 by Robbie

Had experience with Afan Daniels at Gowerton School too , early 70"s . standing outside his office waiting for the cane across the palm of my hand , never get away with it now .
Turned the school into a rugby playing stronghold ,which , in a way had the opposite effect on me . Think he was a Cambridge Blue also .

He was an absolutely horrible guy. I only had him for a year and he went to Gowerton when comprehensives started in the Swansea valley. He was secretary of Gowerton cricket club for years after and on the South Wales Cricket Association committee. They banned Terry Price former rugby international and his mate. Their reaction was to throw a pint over Bill Edwards but it missed and went over Daniel. Terry went up in my estimation. It could have happened to a nicer bloke.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:49 - Feb 17 with 3922 viewsJack_Meoff

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:22 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

Really nice guy outside school btw.

Perrins the same. He taught me maths. Terrifying. But nice guy outside school.

Jefford’s daughter is now a High Court judge. Fantastic for an Olchfa girl.

Did you pass?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024