Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... 20:05 - Feb 16 with 26203 viewsSwanjaxs

Mr Dooley, Penlan comp back in 78.

Irish block head, ex washed up boxer in his late 50's ..

Loved to reach for his right hand draw and slipper a few 👌

Who's the teacher back in your day you'd want to meet up with now on an equal footing? 👊👊

This post has been edited by an administrator

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:59 - Feb 17 with 3732 viewslondonlisa2001

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:49 - Feb 17 by Jack_Meoff

Did you pass?

Maths? Only did ‘O’level. And yes.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:03 - Feb 17 with 3715 viewsJack_Meoff

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:59 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

Maths? Only did ‘O’level. And yes.

Just my attempt at humour Lisa. Didn't think some posts needed smileys

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:06 - Feb 17 with 3706 viewsSwanjaxs

Reading through a lot of the posts and it seems that quite a few teachers back in the 80's got away with murder.

If it happened today they would most probably do jail time...

The good old days aye 🙂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:10 - Feb 17 with 3695 viewsRobbie

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:48 - Feb 17 by exhmrc1

He was an absolutely horrible guy. I only had him for a year and he went to Gowerton when comprehensives started in the Swansea valley. He was secretary of Gowerton cricket club for years after and on the South Wales Cricket Association committee. They banned Terry Price former rugby international and his mate. Their reaction was to throw a pint over Bill Edwards but it missed and went over Daniel. Terry went up in my estimation. It could have happened to a nicer bloke.

Yes , Gowerton at that time was still a Boys Grammar School and I thought he thrived on the status to keep it posh , I alas did not conform to his visions and got The Cane .
Think he had a son Simon who was involved in cricket .
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:15 - Feb 17 with 3675 viewsSwanjaxs

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 12:58 - Feb 17 by Robbie

Had experience with Afan Daniels at Gowerton School too , early 70"s . standing outside his office waiting for the cane across the palm of my hand , never get away with it now .
Turned the school into a rugby playing stronghold ,which , in a way had the opposite effect on me . Think he was a Cambridge Blue also .

Did he used to live in Heol Ddu in Treboeth?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:21 - Feb 17 with 3659 viewsHighjack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:06 - Feb 17 by Swanjaxs

Reading through a lot of the posts and it seems that quite a few teachers back in the 80's got away with murder.

The good old days aye 🙂

Luckily they had banned the ritualistic and sadist beatings by the time I got to school, but we did have teachers who liked to humiliate in other ways. On the obviously rare occasions I misbehaved my music teacher used to make me stand outside the classroom, but he’d always give me something embarrassing to hold, like a big My Little Pony toy, and once he put a sign around my neck saying “I’m a very naughty boy” and told me to stand outside where I’d get horrific abuse from all the college students walking past.

I accidentally knocked over a drum kit once and he gave me lines. I had to write “My clumsiness would make a three legged spider look graceful” three hundred times.

Another time I had to write “If this was the year 1527 I would make an excellent court jester. Unfortunately it is the year 1997 and I am simply a wanton fool.” a hundred times. But he insisted I had to write every letter in a different colour. Took me bloody ages.

He also caught me using my violin case as a sledge to go sliding down the hills in the snow so I had to write “A violin is a classical musical instrument. It is not designed for my bum”

If there was one lesson I learned from that man it was that lines are ineffective as a tool of punishment.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:21 - Feb 17 with 3654 viewsWarwickHunt

The good old days aye 🙂

One or two got it back though. “Billy” Bremner got a terrible pasting in the classroom from one lad who got himself expelled. Deaf Dick bottled it when confronted.

The real hard bastards like JOP never threw their weight around though.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:27 - Feb 17 with 3627 viewsRobbie

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:15 - Feb 17 by Swanjaxs

Did he used to live in Heol Ddu in Treboeth?

Not sure , going back to the 70" s now , but schoolyard stories were he lived in Sketty .
Login to get fewer ads

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:29 - Feb 17 with 3616 viewsdickythorpe

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:21 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

One or two got it back though. “Billy” Bremner got a terrible pasting in the classroom from one lad who got himself expelled. Deaf Dick bottled it when confronted.

The real hard bastards like JOP never threw their weight around though.

Covering old ground here but JOP taught me and he was not one to fúck around with.
Awesome at encouraging you but cross him or show any disrespect and you were toast.
He'd also poke you with the index finger that he'd lost half of.
Died about 4-5 years ago. An ex All White who hailed from Laugharne, there's a bonkers place for you.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:30 - Feb 17 with 3615 viewslondonlisa2001

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:03 - Feb 17 by Jack_Meoff

Just my attempt at humour Lisa. Didn't think some posts needed smileys

Sorry , just reading quickly while doing something else at the same time so just answered without thinking.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:31 - Feb 17 with 3610 viewsthornabyswan

The good old days aye 🙂

Yes thinking back now instead of expelling the troublemakers and sending them to borstal perhaps a few of the teachers should have gone to jail.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:34 - Feb 17 with 3602 viewsWarwickHunt

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:29 - Feb 17 by dickythorpe

Covering old ground here but JOP taught me and he was not one to fúck around with.
Awesome at encouraging you but cross him or show any disrespect and you were toast.
He'd also poke you with the index finger that he'd lost half of.
Died about 4-5 years ago. An ex All White who hailed from Laugharne, there's a bonkers place for you.

Yep - remember that thread. Great teacher and everyone was remarkably well behaved in his class...
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 3529 viewsdickythorpe

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:34 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

Yep - remember that thread. Great teacher and everyone was remarkably well behaved in his class...

"Oi!!!! STAND STILL!!!" he'd shout....you knew someone was having it.
He loathed any bullying and handed out his " own justice" shall we say.
Never any further problems once he'd intervened.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 00:22 - Feb 18 with 3429 viewsEbo

I went to Bishop Hedley school in Merthyr. Rough as feck back in the day with pupils from Ebbw Vale, Tredegar, Merthyr, Rumney, Aberdare and Cwmgrach. It's a tidy school these days and quite successful (you need an interview to get in) but back when I was there, feck me!! The school uniform was for the first years, after that it was Fred Perry, black canvas and docs (no tie).

The area it is situated in is rough enough to start with - in-between Gurnos estate, Galon Uchaf and Penydarren. You would go up to the rugby field on a Monday morning only to go back to the changing rooms as either the Gurnos kids had burnt half the pitch on the weekend or tied a horse to the goalposts (seriously).

I was in the same year as Brian Law who left school to play for QPR (same team as Sinton and Ferdinand with Gerry Francis as manager). He had an injury that ended his career (or so he thought) and after a bit of a sabbatical traveling around the world, he got a second opinion from a doctor and was told he was ok to play again. Graham Taylor signed him at Wolves where he got his first full welsh cap. It went wrong though as a drunken night out with his brother which ended up stealing a bus and crashing it finished his time at Molyneaux. I think he went to Millwall after that. He is a born again Christian nowadays.

Anyway back to Bishop Hedley. We had a music teacher called Mrs Price and her husband was the woodwork teacher there. Strange guy, looked like Gaddaffi but spoke like WC Feilds. Rumor had it that Mrs Price had a mastectomy and her husband made her a wooden tit. Hence whenever he was around a rendition of the Beach Boys "Wooden tit be nice" (sic) was often heard.

Next to his classroom was Mr Evans the metalwork teacher AKA 'Mental Evans'. A self-proclaimed hardman who would toss hammers and other blunt objects around the place in your direction. He was a bit of a bully to be honest until he pissed off one of the hardest kids in the school who came from the Gurnos. Peter Pippen was his name, his family are quite notorious around the estate. Mental Evans grabbed Peter by his collar, only to get smashed square on the button and out cold. Peter later got expelled for something else but Mental Evans was a changed character after that.

A lot of the teachers we had could not control the kids apart from the headmaster whose name was Mr Gay. He was a hulk of a man and played rugby for Ebbw Vale. Nice guy but you would not like to get on the wrong side of him.

We had 3 nuns, two of which were lunatics, the third (Sister Margaret) had a nervous breakdown in class (I witnessed it and it was horrible). I remember going to confession at St Illtyd's and the priest there was a raging alcoholic. You'd go in say "Bless me father, for I have sinned" and you would hear the whiskey bottle opening behind the grill. I bet he went through a few with kids at that school!

Nicknames
Aunt Sally (Mrs Hughes - English) due to the unfortunate birthmarks she had on each cheek

Isiah (Mr Davies - Geography) due to the tick he had where he would look to the sky (Eyes Higher)

Sharkey Lee (deputy head) horrible bastard

R2D2 (Maths) - the name came about as he was short and fat and somebody put a plastic bin on his head and he was rotating and flailing about as he couldn't get the fecker off.

Major Morgan - the name given as he was in the TA's and was a complete bellend. He was shitting himself when the Falklands happened.

Rupert the bear (maths) poor bastard used to wear clothes that he must have put on in the dark. Red cardigans and yellow check trousers. He was there for over 30 years and every class he had played feck with him. They locked him in the store cupboard once and set fire to his bag.

Clive (Physics) as he looked like Clive Sinclair. I think we called him Beaker as well Oddball, quiet, could not control a class whatsoever. Another who had a breakdown.

How the hell I got 4 'O' levels and stayed on to study in sixth form I'll never know!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 08:44 - Feb 18 with 3321 viewsPrivate_Partz

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 00:22 - Feb 18 by Ebo

I went to Bishop Hedley school in Merthyr. Rough as feck back in the day with pupils from Ebbw Vale, Tredegar, Merthyr, Rumney, Aberdare and Cwmgrach. It's a tidy school these days and quite successful (you need an interview to get in) but back when I was there, feck me!! The school uniform was for the first years, after that it was Fred Perry, black canvas and docs (no tie).

The area it is situated in is rough enough to start with - in-between Gurnos estate, Galon Uchaf and Penydarren. You would go up to the rugby field on a Monday morning only to go back to the changing rooms as either the Gurnos kids had burnt half the pitch on the weekend or tied a horse to the goalposts (seriously).

I was in the same year as Brian Law who left school to play for QPR (same team as Sinton and Ferdinand with Gerry Francis as manager). He had an injury that ended his career (or so he thought) and after a bit of a sabbatical traveling around the world, he got a second opinion from a doctor and was told he was ok to play again. Graham Taylor signed him at Wolves where he got his first full welsh cap. It went wrong though as a drunken night out with his brother which ended up stealing a bus and crashing it finished his time at Molyneaux. I think he went to Millwall after that. He is a born again Christian nowadays.

Anyway back to Bishop Hedley. We had a music teacher called Mrs Price and her husband was the woodwork teacher there. Strange guy, looked like Gaddaffi but spoke like WC Feilds. Rumor had it that Mrs Price had a mastectomy and her husband made her a wooden tit. Hence whenever he was around a rendition of the Beach Boys "Wooden tit be nice" (sic) was often heard.

Next to his classroom was Mr Evans the metalwork teacher AKA 'Mental Evans'. A self-proclaimed hardman who would toss hammers and other blunt objects around the place in your direction. He was a bit of a bully to be honest until he pissed off one of the hardest kids in the school who came from the Gurnos. Peter Pippen was his name, his family are quite notorious around the estate. Mental Evans grabbed Peter by his collar, only to get smashed square on the button and out cold. Peter later got expelled for something else but Mental Evans was a changed character after that.

A lot of the teachers we had could not control the kids apart from the headmaster whose name was Mr Gay. He was a hulk of a man and played rugby for Ebbw Vale. Nice guy but you would not like to get on the wrong side of him.

We had 3 nuns, two of which were lunatics, the third (Sister Margaret) had a nervous breakdown in class (I witnessed it and it was horrible). I remember going to confession at St Illtyd's and the priest there was a raging alcoholic. You'd go in say "Bless me father, for I have sinned" and you would hear the whiskey bottle opening behind the grill. I bet he went through a few with kids at that school!

Nicknames
Aunt Sally (Mrs Hughes - English) due to the unfortunate birthmarks she had on each cheek

Isiah (Mr Davies - Geography) due to the tick he had where he would look to the sky (Eyes Higher)

Sharkey Lee (deputy head) horrible bastard

R2D2 (Maths) - the name came about as he was short and fat and somebody put a plastic bin on his head and he was rotating and flailing about as he couldn't get the fecker off.

Major Morgan - the name given as he was in the TA's and was a complete bellend. He was shitting himself when the Falklands happened.

Rupert the bear (maths) poor bastard used to wear clothes that he must have put on in the dark. Red cardigans and yellow check trousers. He was there for over 30 years and every class he had played feck with him. They locked him in the store cupboard once and set fire to his bag.

Clive (Physics) as he looked like Clive Sinclair. I think we called him Beaker as well Oddball, quiet, could not control a class whatsoever. Another who had a breakdown.

How the hell I got 4 'O' levels and stayed on to study in sixth form I'll never know!

Lucky lot you were all passing your 11 plusses.
I went to Oxford Street where most pupils were b@stards and the teachers should have been locked up. I could perm any one from about 12.
The worst for me was 'Jamo' Mr James. Supposedly a maths teacher but all we ever did was tell us to read the bible. He would draw a dartboard on the blackboard and chuck darts at it singing 'How sweet are your feet seniorita? For you have not washed them for weeks'. At the same time looking around for anyone not reading so he could cane the ass of them.
This was a school where all hope was abandoned. No wonder the pupils ended up reflecting the teachers.
Comprehensive schools every time for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:02 - Feb 18 with 3306 viewsCatullus

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:30 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

”There was also an old bloke who used to go into the showers and the changing rooms bollock naked whilst we were showering or changing. Nobody ever knew who he was?”

Yeah, belated apologies for that. My boiler was on the blink and needs must...

And you still haven't had that boiler fixed, apparently!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:09 - Feb 18 with 3297 viewsraynor94

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 08:44 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

I went to Oxford Street where most pupils were b@stards and the teachers should have been locked up. I could perm any one from about 12.
The worst for me was 'Jamo' Mr James. Supposedly a maths teacher but all we ever did was tell us to read the bible. He would draw a dartboard on the blackboard and chuck darts at it singing 'How sweet are your feet seniorita? For you have not washed them for weeks'. At the same time looking around for anyone not reading so he could cane the ass of them.
This was a school where all hope was abandoned. No wonder the pupils ended up reflecting the teachers.

Do you remember Peter Bourne?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:41 - Feb 18 with 3245 viewsGreatBritton

I went to a grammar school but that didn't mean there was no violence. The place (Dynevor) was staffed by middle aged men who had been very clever, extraordinarily brave young men - RAF pilots a good number of them. Maybe the return to normality after the war disappointed them so much that it affected their approach to teaching, but to a man they were bitter, bored, jaded and prone to unwonted outbursts of sadism and brutality.

Sandy Morgan, an Art teacher supposedly, whacked me across the head with his walking stick because my shoulder wasn't touching the wall as I queued outside his classroom. Brimfield, a sort of Maths teacher, grabbed me from my seat in the front row (I know!) and held me upside down for 30-40 seconds to illustrate the need to invert the fraction. I still don't know what this inversion is all about but I can still feel the blood rushing to my head, and cheeks in particular.

The headmaster was a shy intellectual man who didn't understand himself or other people and was finally released to the softer realms of higher education. He was replaced by Barney Norris, who was cheerful and self-congratulatory but fortunately didn't exert himself too much in any effort to thwart my progress.

A fellow sixth form pupil was caned every day for months because he wouldn't cut his hair to collar length.

In seven years I was once addressed by my first name. I was stunned that the teacher knew it.

Now I wonder what on earth these people thought they were doing, apart from declining Latin nouns and shouting SOCATOA into the middle distance.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 11:47 - Feb 18 with 3209 viewsNotLoyal

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 08:44 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

Self obsessed bully by the sounds of it.
Our metalwork teacher, most of whom seemed to be bullies got his comeuppance after years of bullying. Made to dance in a bin in the classroom with the contents on fire. Everything comes around.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 13:13 - Feb 18 with 3152 viewsWarwickHunt

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 11:47 - Feb 18 by NotLoyal

Self obsessed bully by the sounds of it.
Our metalwork teacher, most of whom seemed to be bullies got his comeuppance after years of bullying. Made to dance in a bin in the classroom with the contents on fire. Everything comes around.

They taught metalwork at Eton?
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 13:57 - Feb 18 with 3111 viewsEbo

I remember we had a temporary headmaster in primary school who thought he was a hard man. He like pulling kids by their hair and thumping people in their chest. He did it to one boy who told his father. Next morning his father came into school and put the fear of god into the headmaster. The boys father hates bullies and back then was a boxing trainer and local doorman.

The teacher was only there for a month or so after that and calmed right down in that period.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 16:29 - Feb 18 with 3034 viewsscruffyjack

At Dynevor, early seventies, two beauties spring to mind, Adrian ‘Muscles’ Davies PE & Jowitt maths. Got punched by those pair of sadistic tossers a few times for no reason.
But we did have an English teacher, Rita Roberts, who wore mini skirts all the time. Never seen so many boys drop pens on the floor when she walked around the classroom!
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:27 - Feb 19 with 2828 viewsPrivate_Partz

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:09 - Feb 18 by raynor94

Do you remember Peter Bourne?

Teacher or pupil Rayns?
Think I recall that name as a teacher. PE / swimming. Handy with a plank of wood I seem to recall. Perrin was there before he went to Olchfa. Cyril was another teacher. Partial to the sauce allegedly. One decent one was the RE bloke. Can't recall his name. Also.....Gimlett? Woodwork? A right psycho.
Was only there a year and I got bailed out.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 2814 viewsPrivate_Partz

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 13:57 - Feb 18 by Ebo

I remember we had a temporary headmaster in primary school who thought he was a hard man. He like pulling kids by their hair and thumping people in their chest. He did it to one boy who told his father. Next morning his father came into school and put the fear of god into the headmaster. The boys father hates bullies and back then was a boxing trainer and local doorman.

The teacher was only there for a month or so after that and calmed right down in that period.

Yeh I can go back to 1960. Brynmill Juniors 2nd year.
This tw@t used to turn up in a Morris 1000 with his family in the morning. Kissed them goodbye then spent the day hitting 8 year olds across the classroom who he deemed naughty or not up to scratch.
Another b@stard that should have been locked up.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 2807 viewsraynor94

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:27 - Feb 19 by Private_Partz

Teacher or pupil Rayns?
Think I recall that name as a teacher. PE / swimming. Handy with a plank of wood I seem to recall. Perrin was there before he went to Olchfa. Cyril was another teacher. Partial to the sauce allegedly. One decent one was the RE bloke. Can't recall his name. Also.....Gimlett? Woodwork? A right psycho.
Was only there a year and I got bailed out.

He was the P E teacher, had a tremendous knack of grabbing you just above the elbow and squeezing , agony, another I remember was Basher Bowen, the music teacher.

I did 2 years there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024