Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... 09:46 - Feb 19 with 3092 viewstheloneranger

Well done Capt Rosie Wild

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51553815

The eight tests in the P Company course involve:

Marching 10 miles (16km) while carrying a 16kg backpack, in under 1 hour and 50 minutes

Completing an aerial assault course designed to test a candidate's ability to overcome fear

Carrying a 60kg telegraph pole as a team of eight soldiers over 1.9miles (3.1km)

Running two miles (3.2km) with a backpack and rifle, within 18 minutes

Completing a 2.2-mile steeplechase - a cross-country run followed by an assault course

"Milling" - a boxing contest in which soldiers have points deducted for dodging or blocking punches

Marching 20 miles (32km) with a backpack and rifle, within four hours and 10 minutes

Carrying a 79kg stretcher for more than four miles (8km) as part of a team of 16 soldiers

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 09:52 - Feb 21 with 688 viewsdickythorpe

I know a few ex-marines, they don't brag at all. Very supportive people.

"It doesn't matter what we've done or been through, how tough we are........if someone wants to do us over they probably will in this day and age with knives and guns"
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:29 - Feb 21 with 640 viewscontroversial_jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:21 - Feb 19 by Highjack

It’s this one that sounds the most bonkers to me.

“Milling" - a boxing contest in which soldiers have points deducted for dodging or blocking punches

Must be like Rocky film but with more blood.

It's a natural instinct to block or avoid punches and that can't be overcome in a fight. Milling is about just getting stuck in and not taking a backward step or dancing like boxers do.
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:57 - Feb 21 with 624 viewsfbreath

The paras used to do some of their training at Brize Norton when I was there they were all nuts. Their accommodation were metal roof buildings about 24 to a room. Very basic.

My mate joined the Para TA's after he left RAF and I stayed in the barracks with them over a weekend, there were people from all walks of life including an ex SAS guy. Some very interesting tales he had to tell.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 13:09 - Feb 21 with 620 viewsHighjack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:29 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

It's a natural instinct to block or avoid punches and that can't be overcome in a fight. Milling is about just getting stuck in and not taking a backward step or dancing like boxers do.

Yeah my point was how did the blokes in this training exercise feel about “getting stuck in” to a woman? She’s obviously a tough cookie and no doubt she could handle it but for most men the thought of hitting a female would go against every core belief in their body. Add the fact that judging by the photos she’s a lot smaller than the men, they could do some serious damage.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 600 viewsLohengrin

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 13:09 - Feb 21 by Highjack

Yeah my point was how did the blokes in this training exercise feel about “getting stuck in” to a woman? She’s obviously a tough cookie and no doubt she could handle it but for most men the thought of hitting a female would go against every core belief in their body. Add the fact that judging by the photos she’s a lot smaller than the men, they could do some serious damage.

They’d have held back and the instructors would have given her every encouragement to belt seven bells out of her opponents.

It has to be said she must be incredibly driven.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:22 - Feb 21 with 553 views1462jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 13:52 - Feb 21 by Lohengrin

They’d have held back and the instructors would have given her every encouragement to belt seven bells out of her opponents.

It has to be said she must be incredibly driven.

Well today x 2 female Guardsmen completed their combat infantryman’s course at Guards company Catterick finishing off with a pass out parade this morning and will be joining the welsh guards in two weeks
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:39 - Feb 21 with 531 viewsLohengrin

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:22 - Feb 21 by 1462jack

Well today x 2 female Guardsmen completed their combat infantryman’s course at Guards company Catterick finishing off with a pass out parade this morning and will be joining the welsh guards in two weeks

What plans are in place for them when they arrive, mate, do you know?

2 Coy - The Men of the Island - something’s got to give!

I find the modern world a completely baffling place.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:53 - Feb 21 with 518 views1462jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:39 - Feb 21 by Lohengrin

What plans are in place for them when they arrive, mate, do you know?

2 Coy - The Men of the Island - something’s got to give!

I find the modern world a completely baffling place.

Off to Two company same platoon , bonkers two years left that’s all I will say
Login to get fewer ads

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 17:07 - Feb 21 with 494 viewscontroversial_jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 13:09 - Feb 21 by Highjack

I can only assume they wear well padded gloves that won't do so much damage.I can't see them using 10 ounce gloves for example.I don't think the objective is to win, just to show aggression
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 00:23 - Feb 22 with 420 viewsBluebird

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:29 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

Done it many a time you just have to keep going and facing forward if you got floored by a punch you try to fall down on a knee or fall forward onto your hands to be able to get straight back up and carry on..
Landing flat bang on your ass was a no no..
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 0:24]
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 01:01 - Feb 22 with 408 viewsNotLoyal

Fck me there's some experts on here, makes me proud 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 04:44 - Feb 22 with 388 viewsBluebird

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 01:01 - Feb 22 by NotLoyal

Some of us have served and are proud to have done so. 🙄
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:06 - Feb 22 with 338 viewsNeath_Jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 21:48 - Feb 20 by NotLoyal

You should pay more attention to what goes on.
As I said walk a mile in those shoes you know nothing about Mr expert and someone will take YOU seriously.
Belittling the lowest rank in the British army is about your level.

You will never be and never would have been Joe.
RFA.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 21:51]

Wahooo Mohammed

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:26 - Feb 22 with 320 viewsNotLoyal

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:06 - Feb 22 by Neath_Jack

Wahooo Mohammed

Love you too x

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 20:59 - Feb 22 with 233 viewscontroversial_jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 01:01 - Feb 22 by NotLoyal

So many keyboard warriors too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024