Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Harris 18:44 - Feb 28 with 11717 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea boxer (Works in Amazon too i think?) fighting tomorrow night in Texas against Mexican Julio Cesar Martinez for the WBC flyweight title. This is on the Mikey Garcia undercard and is a tough fight for Harris, but he is a game underdog in this fight. The Mexican is a high quality fighter though and a few steps up for Harris.

Will be on at stupid oclock, but good luck to the fella

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51657421

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jay Harris on 19:27 - Feb 28 with 5802 viewstheloneranger

Saw his father Peter win the British Featherweight title against Kevin Taylor at the Afan Lido in 1988, then lose it and the rematch against Paul Hodkinson both at the Lido in 1988/89.

"Hoko" went on to win the European and WBC World Featherweight titles.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jay Harris on 20:31 - Feb 28 with 5739 viewsCatullus

Now that they are talking about banning heading in kids football, will we see a serious look at banning punches to the head?

Seriously? Some boxers take a right hammering, will they all have to wear headguards one day?

I haven't really bothered to watch boxing since Calzaghe retired.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jay Harris on 22:57 - Feb 28 with 5676 viewsstevethejack

Sky Sports Arena Sunday 1am.

He's on the undercard with main event around 4am.
Jay Harris on 23:12 - Feb 28 with 5659 viewsJack123

According to this, around about 2am start. https://box.live/fights/martinez-vs-harris/

libera nos a malo

Jay Harris on 23:47 - Feb 28 with 5630 viewsDarran

The first tweet currently on his Twitter includes a photo of a big stinking Scum flag.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jay Harris on 00:11 - Feb 29 with 5603 viewsNotLoyal

Jay Harris on 23:47 - Feb 28 by Darran

The first tweet currently on his Twitter includes a photo of a big stinking Scum flag.

Which has nothing to do with Jay 👍 He doesn't need to underline an inferiority complex 47 miles down the road.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jay Harris on 00:13 - Feb 29 with 5610 viewsWarwickHunt

Jay Harris on 19:27 - Feb 28 by theloneranger

Saw his father Peter win the British Featherweight title against Kevin Taylor at the Afan Lido in 1988, then lose it and the rematch against Paul Hodkinson both at the Lido in 1988/89.

Gordon, Peter’s old man was a big mate of my old man. Absolute legend of a bloke and brilliant company.

Bring it home Jay, YJB!
Jay Harris on 00:49 - Feb 29 with 5585 viewstheloneranger

Jay Harris on 00:13 - Feb 29 by WarwickHunt

Gordon, Peter’s old man was a big mate of my old man. Absolute legend of a bloke and brilliant company.

Bring it home Jay, YJB!

You wouldn't lose Gordon in a crowd 😂

Peter's brother Michael Harris was Welsh Super Lightweight Champion, and Welsh Super Welterweight Champion. He also also fought for the British and Commonwealth Super Welterweight titles.

I hope Jay can outdo his father and Uncle with a World title.

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Harris on 01:02 - Feb 29 with 5583 viewsWarwickHunt

Jay Harris on 00:49 - Feb 29 by theloneranger

You wouldn't lose Gordon in a crowd 😂

Peter's brother Michael Harris was Welsh Super Lightweight Champion, and Welsh Super Welterweight Champion. He also also fought for the British and Commonwealth Super Welterweight titles.

I hope Jay can outdo his father and Uncle with a World title.

He turned up at The Villiers one Xmas morning after flagging down a car and asking them if they’d take him to Morriston Hospital as his daughter had gone into labour and there were no buses or taxis.

Told them to stop as they got to the pub. He made some excuse and got out, 😂😂😂
Spent many happy hours in his company. Legend.
Jay Harris on 01:15 - Feb 29 with 5570 viewstheloneranger

Jay Harris on 01:02 - Feb 29 by WarwickHunt

He turned up at The Villiers one Xmas morning after flagging down a car and asking them if they’d take him to Morriston Hospital as his daughter had gone into labour and there were no buses or taxis.

Told them to stop as they got to the pub. He made some excuse and got out, 😂😂😂
Spent many happy hours in his company. Legend.

😂😂😂

Michael is exactly like Gordon, you'd hear him before you saw him 😂😂

Jay Harris on 04:58 - Feb 29 with 5522 viewsBluebird

Jay Harris on 00:13 - Feb 29 by WarwickHunt

Bring it home Jay, YJB!

A mate of mine knows Jay and he has no interest in the swans..
Swansea lad and welsh so i'll be hoping he can do it tonight..
Jay Harris on 07:26 - Feb 29 with 5479 viewsLohengrin

Jay Harris on 04:58 - Feb 29 by Bluebird

No interest at all. None.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jay Harris on 08:51 - Feb 29 with 5439 viewsWarwickHunt

Your mate - is he called Anis?
Jay Harris on 08:55 - Feb 29 with 5424 viewsKilkennyjack

Jay Harris on 07:26 - Feb 29 by Lohengrin

Well played that man 🎯

Beware of the Risen People

Jay Harris on 08:57 - Feb 29 with 5427 viewsWarwickHunt

JAY HARRIS SET TO CARRY SWANS BADGE INTO TITLE FIGHT

Swansea City fan Jay Harris will proudly display the Swans logo on his shorts when he fights to become champion of the world on Saturday night.

The Swansea-born boxer faces holder Julio Cesar Martinez in a huge Matchroom USA event in Frisco, Texas, for the WBC World Flyweight title.

The 29-year-old, who already holds the Commonwealth, EBU and IBF Intercontinental Flyweight titles, earned his big shot at the world crown by extending his professional record to 17-0 (nine KOs) with a convincing victory inside four rounds over three-time Olympian Paddy Barnes in Belfast in October.

It will be Martinez’s first defence of the WBC title which the talented Mexican, 24, claimed in December with a ninth-round victory over Cristofer Rosales.

A Swans fan from a young age, Harris received a huge Jack Army reception when he was paraded on the Liberty Stadium pitch before the recent Championship clash Wigan last month.

Hailing from the city by the sea, Swansea will always hold a special place in Jay's heart, including its football club.

“My father started taking me to the Vetch Field when I was eight, probably younger,’’ added Harris. “I was too young to go on the North Bank, so it was the family stand for me. I loved it from the very first time I stepped foot inside the ground.

“For a young boy, the atmosphere was amazing. I can still see Lee Trundle doing his famous shoulder roll with the ball today. It’s my favourite footballing memory from the Vetch.

“I still go to the Liberty on a regular basis. The Premier League years were great, but I love the Championship.

“I had a great reception from the Swans fans before the Wigan game. I loved it. It meant a great deal to me and I’d like to thank them all for their support.’’

Harris tinkered with football himself growing up, playing at local club West End, although he admits it was never ever going to be a sporting career.

It probably came as no surprise though when Harris eventually found himself in the gym and hitting the punch bag. After all, his father Peter was well known and respected in boxing circles having lifted the British featherweight crown in 1988.

“My father always encouraged me to take an interest in sport, but he never pushed me into boxing,’’ added Harris Jnr. “I used to punch my father’s hands as a kid, but that was as far as it went.

“It was a mate who actually got me into boxing when I was 12. He was already going to the gym and I just went along with him one day. I was hooked and eventually my father agreed to train me.’’

The rest, as they say, is history. Harris turned professional in 2013 and what followed was six years of hard graft to reach his current peak and a crack at a world title.

It hasn’t been an easy path to follow though. He came close to walking away from the sport less than three years ago after winning the Commonwealth crown and still supports his career financially by working part-time at the city’s Amazon warehouse.

“Everything just went dead for nine months after the Commonwealth title and I ended up fighting in small halls around the country. I wasn’t making any money and had to work 10-hour night shifts in Amazon just to live and train during the day," says Harris.

“It was really tough, and I was on the verge of quitting. People don’t see that side of boxing; they only see big fights and big money.’’

But Harris, who is still coached by father Peter, managed by Gary Lockett and supported by fight preparation team AJM Boxing, teamed up with MTK Management and everything changed.

“They say timing is everything in boxing and the last year has been fantastic. MTK delivered everything they said they would. They changed my life and now I have a crack at a world title. I’m so happy.’’

In what promoter Eddie Hearn describes as a “huge night of boxing”, Harris will climb into the Texas ring “proud to represent Swansea’’ and determined to bring home the belt to show the Jack Army at another Liberty appearance.

Swans fans can follow the fight live on DAZN in the States and Sky Sports in the UK (from 1am UK time on Sunday morning).
Jay Harris on 09:03 - Feb 29 with 5411 viewshobo

This didn't age well
Jay Harris on 09:31 - Feb 29 with 5396 viewsangryjack

Jay Harris on 19:27 - Feb 28 by theloneranger

Used drink with peter up cadle mill.great pub and times
Jay Harris on 10:25 - Feb 29 with 5355 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

Jay Harris on 10:25 - Feb 29 with 5353 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

Jay Harris on 10:57 - Feb 29 with 5333 viewsCooperman

Your mates clearly spin you stories just so that you end up looking a right tw@t.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jay Harris on 11:54 - Feb 29 with 5295 viewsDarran

Jay Harris on 13:04 - Feb 29 with 5235 viewsbuilthjack

Your mate is called Benny I guess.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jay Harris on 13:04 - Feb 29 with 5245 viewsGreatBritton

Steve Bunce on Fighting Talk this morning claimed that The Mexican guy takes an illegal enhancing substance but gets away with it because Mexican beef is all contaminated with the substance. He said there was no way Harris could win.
Jay Harris on 13:43 - Feb 29 with 5205 viewstheloneranger

Jay Harris on 13:04 - Feb 29 by GreatBritton

Steve Bunce on Fighting Talk this morning claimed that The Mexican guy takes an illegal enhancing substance but gets away with it because Mexican beef is all contaminated with the substance. He said there was no way Harris could win.

Yep, it's Clenbuterol which is often used by asthmatics, it has fat burning properties and athletes have been known to use it to help them drop body fat and weight quickly.

EDIT ...
To combat so many Mexican fighters failing their drug testing for Clenbuterol and the argument about contaminated meat, the WBC raised the amount they are allowed in their blood test 🤔😂

Jay's opponent tonight has already failed that drug test in the past!!
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 13:58]

Jay Harris on 14:06 - Feb 29 with 5171 viewsDarran

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024