Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432817 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:14 - May 10 with 1065 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:57 - May 10 by Jack123

The way i saw his statement, he's basically given carte blance to people in England. I would think the Welsh police forces are going to be well peeved off with that, considering the Welsh stance on this virus, compared to the English.. Next time the weather picks up, they will be run off their feet. :(

He hasn’t even remotely done that.

Did people listen to what was said or just read bollox on social media?

The only change in England is schools MAY reopen at the end of the month for reception and year 6. And you can be outside for longer from Wednesday as long as you’re safe.

He said that people who can work safely should do so. Which has been the situation from the start. But said specifically that they should avoid public transport to get there.
Corona Virus on 20:15 - May 10 with 1059 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:06 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

“ did he really say that you can drive to beauty spots to walk? ”

No. He said you could get in your car to go somewhere for exercise. But we’ve been able to drive to get to somewhere to exercise for weeks now in England. So there’s absolutely no change other than before there was a time limit type thing (your drive had to be for less time than your exercise) and now there doesn’t seem to be other than common sense.

The thing is, if you live in London, for example, it’s far safer to drive out somewhere and have a walk than for 9 million of us to be tramping round the streets and same parks.

That's true of most urban areas. You're much better off getting out and about rather than tramping round the streets for your daily exercise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:15 - May 10 with 1050 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:13 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

We were up until Thursday when the UK government decided to go its own way.

Or the Welsh and Scottish governments...

They should all be on the same page. It’s ridiculous.the funny thing is that I think they are, it’s just the slogans which are different.
Corona Virus on 20:17 - May 10 with 1043 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 20:09 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Germany’s R value is above 1 according to the Robert Koch Institute. And they are starting football matches again.

We’ve an R value far less than that apart from certain settings (care homes in particular but hospitals as well). The R value in Wales at present is, apparently, higher than in London.

Agree with the consultant about the VE street party nonsense. It was ridiculous.

A complete nonsense. The signal that it sends out is terrible and how they think they’re going to manage a Dortmund Schalke derby behind closed doors without attracting fans outside the stadium, I have no idea.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:23]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 20:19 - May 10 with 1033 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:14 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

He hasn’t even remotely done that.

Did people listen to what was said or just read bollox on social media?

The only change in England is schools MAY reopen at the end of the month for reception and year 6. And you can be outside for longer from Wednesday as long as you’re safe.

He said that people who can work safely should do so. Which has been the situation from the start. But said specifically that they should avoid public transport to get there.

There was more than that. Employees in England are now “actively encouraged” to go back to work. That’s a change. People will also be allowed to “sit in parks” which wasn’t allowed before and caused much outrage over the weekend and previously. Sports are also to be allowed (tennis and golf have been mentioned so that’ll be a major boost for your average working type). Unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise in fact.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:20 - May 10 with 1027 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:15 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Or the Welsh and Scottish governments...

They should all be on the same page. It’s ridiculous.the funny thing is that I think they are, it’s just the slogans which are different.

Well no, out of the four governments in the UK only the Westminster one has deviated.

Corona Virus on 20:20 - May 10 with 1029 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 20:13 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

We were up until Thursday when the UK government decided to go its own way.

Is correct, so why now, is the UK so fractured in its approach, from now on, it doesn't make sense.
Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 10 with 1025 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 20:17 - May 10 by longlostjack

A complete nonsense. The signal that it sends out is terrible and how they think they’re going to manage a Dortmund Schalke derby behind closed doors without attracting fans outside the stadium, I have no idea.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:23]

Talking Bundasliga, I'll be amazed if it goes ahead next weekend after the players and staff have gone through testing for C-19.

Guaranteed every club will have some sort of infection rate showing up.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 10 with 1021 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:20 - May 10 by jack2jack

Is correct, so why now, is the UK so fractured in its approach, from now on, it doesn't make sense.

Because Johnson is under increasing pressure from elements within his cabinet and party to move quicker on ending the lockdown.

Corona Virus on 20:23 - May 10 with 1010 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oh and Johnson singularly failed to make clear that his announcement this evening applies to England and England only.

Corona Virus on 20:24 - May 10 with 1003 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Because Johnson is under increasing pressure from elements within his cabinet and party to move quicker on ending the lockdown.

So at the expense of more lives lost, or a second spike. He needs to man up then.
Corona Virus on 20:25 - May 10 with 998 viewsexiledclaseboy

Driving to exercise is also new.

Corona Virus on 20:25 - May 10 with 991 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:00 - May 10 by Pegojack

A non agression pact! Italy had 50,000 troops in Spain fighting for Franco, and the Germans treated it as a military laboratory, practicing and perfecting terror bombing (you've heard of the Condor Legion and Guernica, have you?)and the Panzer blitzkreig.

And what bloody party do you think Baldwin represented?

By the way, as much as I despise Tories, I think Britain was lucky to have Churchill. The right man for the moment, a real leader. The complete antithesis of that fat cowardly ponce currently occupying No. 10.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:03]

Tell me which part of my post is factually incorrect? I didn't say Baldwin wasn't a Tory.

Mussolini sgned the non intervention agreement then broke it, his being fascist and wanting to help Franco. Of course I've heard of Guernica, Hiter signed the agreement too butobviously he went on to prove himself less than desirable!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 20:26 - May 10 with 988 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 20:22 - May 10 by Swanjaxs

Talking Bundasliga, I'll be amazed if it goes ahead next weekend after the players and staff have gone through testing for C-19.

Guaranteed every club will have some sort of infection rate showing up.

Definitely. It relies on nobody in a team testing positive between now and the end of the season. Unlikely I agree.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 20:28 - May 10 with 981 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:19 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

There was more than that. Employees in England are now “actively encouraged” to go back to work. That’s a change. People will also be allowed to “sit in parks” which wasn’t allowed before and caused much outrage over the weekend and previously. Sports are also to be allowed (tennis and golf have been mentioned so that’ll be a major boost for your average working type). Unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise in fact.

It’s only a change in emphasis. People were always told they should work from home where possible but otherwise they should go in if it was safe. That message was never understood.

I mentioned the sitting in parks bit.

The exercise is only with members of your household.
Corona Virus on 20:29 - May 10 with 971 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:20 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Well no, out of the four governments in the UK only the Westminster one has deviated.

I don’t think the actual advice is much different. Just the slogans.
Corona Virus on 20:29 - May 10 with 972 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 20:25 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Or you could cycle to a beauty spot, then do your exercise?

Can't wait for the new E-Cycle law to come into effect btw, carnage 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 20:30 - May 10 with 964 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:29 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think the actual advice is much different. Just the slogans.

I think there are significant differences as of tonight.

Corona Virus on 20:30 - May 10 with 964 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:25 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Not in England it’s not. We’ve had that for weeks.
Corona Virus on 20:32 - May 10 with 956 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:30 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

I think there are significant differences as of tonight.

I can only imagine the advice in Wales has been significantly different than the advice in England as everyone I know up here has said ‘no real change then’ after that. In fact, many are moaning about the lack of change.
Corona Virus on 20:33 - May 10 with 953 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:28 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

It’s only a change in emphasis. People were always told they should work from home where possible but otherwise they should go in if it was safe. That message was never understood.

I mentioned the sitting in parks bit.

The exercise is only with members of your household.

I dint understand how you can’t see that even the change in emphasis (if you accept that’s all it was, it’s actually more substantive) will have a significant impact. The lockdown was already creaking and people were starting to ignore it. This change will accelerate that.

Corona Virus on 20:37 - May 10 with 934 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:30 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Not according to BBC and pretty much every major news organisation who are all reporting it as a change. I remember some police guidance on the regulations which posited that driving for exercise would count as a “reasonable excuse” for being out but it was never part of the official government-issued guidance.

Corona Virus on 20:38 - May 10 with 924 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:32 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I can only imagine the advice in Wales has been significantly different than the advice in England as everyone I know up here has said ‘no real change then’ after that. In fact, many are moaning about the lack of change.

Thankfully many people here are grateful that we can ignore Johnson and stick to our own guidelines.

Corona Virus on 20:39 - May 10 with 916 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 20:30 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Now you see, that really isn't clear down here, the impression I get, is that you are allowed to travel to local areas to exercise, however, it does not specify what local is or how far you are allowed to travel, I've also seen that you are not allowed to travel to excerise under any circumstances, all a bit confusing.
Although you are allowed to travel 10 miles from say Mumbles to Morriston to get a Costa, I think
Corona Virus on 20:42 - May 10 with 901 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:37 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Not according to BBC and pretty much every major news organisation who are all reporting it as a change. I remember some police guidance on the regulations which posited that driving for exercise would count as a “reasonable excuse” for being out but it was never part of the official government-issued guidance.

They’re wrong then.

We had an update weeks ago in England that you could drive to get to where you were exercising as long as the exercise was longer than the drive. People mentioned it on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/16/driving-for-exercise-allowed-under
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024