Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 431543 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:58 - May 30 with 1788 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Which experts to believe, those that said that patients could be infectious for 14 to 21 days (or maybe 60 days if you are in ICU, we have no data on that) or this German one who says 7 days is enough?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/29/isolation-14-days-unnecessary-claims
Corona Virus on 12:01 - May 30 with 1785 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:58 - May 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Which experts to believe, those that said that patients could be infectious for 14 to 21 days (or maybe 60 days if you are in ICU, we have no data on that) or this German one who says 7 days is enough?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/29/isolation-14-days-unnecessary-claims

When our scientists said 7 days right at the start of this, everyone said they were wrong.

The problem is the scientists can’t agree on anything very much.
Corona Virus on 12:04 - May 30 with 1781 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 11:58 - May 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Thankfully I read that from another source yesterday. The thought of subscribing to the Daily Torygraph – Ych y fi

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 12:05 - May 30 with 1778 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 10:59 - May 30 by chad

That’s a useful summary. Haven’t seen that before, it goes to what I was saying yesterday, that I don’t think the differences are as much as people think, it’s mainly the tone of messaging where Johnson is being an absolute arse and pretending it’s all open (when it’s not) and Drakeford is pretending it’s all shut (when it’s not).
Corona Virus on 12:18 - May 30 with 1767 viewslifelong

Corona Virus on 12:05 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

That’s a useful summary. Haven’t seen that before, it goes to what I was saying yesterday, that I don’t think the differences are as much as people think, it’s mainly the tone of messaging where Johnson is being an absolute arse and pretending it’s all open (when it’s not) and Drakeford is pretending it’s all shut (when it’s not).

The 5 mile limit is quite a significant difference, it means that the likes of Pembrokeshire and Gower do not have many thousands of people descending on them from all over the country.
Corona Virus on 12:24 - May 30 with 1759 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 12:18 - May 30 by lifelong

The 5 mile limit is quite a significant difference, it means that the likes of Pembrokeshire and Gower do not have many thousands of people descending on them from all over the country.

So does it mean that anyone on the S Wales stretch of the M4 between any 2 junctions which are more than 5 miles apart must be breaking the rules then? I wonder how diligently that will be policed.
Corona Virus on 12:29 - May 30 with 1750 viewslondonlisa2001

Which is better if you live in Pembrokeshire and worse if you live in a built up area of Swansea or RCT though right?

It’s better if you are affluent with a garden or nice open space close to home. Not so much if you live in a block of flats and have a couple of kids.

Great for those in the Vale, or leafy suburbs of Cardiff. Not so much if you live in Merthyr.

It’s not only the virus which will kill people. Allowing people in built up parts of London to go out to the countryside is introducing more risk in the countryside but is reducing risk in London.

It’s not as simple as is being described.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 12:30]
Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 30 with 1725 viewsdickythorpe

Lisa you are incorrect Wales isn't reopening the same as England.

On June 1st car showrooms and outdoor markets will remain closed here and on June 15th no "non essential" shops are reopening.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52801727
[Post edited 30 May 2020 12:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:31 - May 30 with 1690 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 11:46 - May 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Djack, sorry, but that is the study being criticized in my link.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 11:50]

Oooof.

I can't keep up with it all. Ta.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 14:11 - May 30 with 1665 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 30 by dickythorpe

Lisa you are incorrect Wales isn't reopening the same as England.

On June 1st car showrooms and outdoor markets will remain closed here and on June 15th no "non essential" shops are reopening.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52801727
[Post edited 30 May 2020 12:53]

Drakeford literally told shops yesterday to prepare to open in 3 weeks. That’s June 19th. And ours may not open on June 15th anyway. It’s an aim. They’ve said it will be reviewed constantly.

At the moment, we have the same shops open as you.

Yes, car showrooms can open here on Monday, but then our libraries are shut until July when yours are open now.

As I said, the comms is different but the reality is almost the same other than the travel.

Edited to add - as I keep saying, the reason the comms is different is because Johnson is a complete arse. Why on earth is anyone listening to him? The reality is not what he’s saying. Concentrate on that. I ignore every word that comes from him.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 14:20]
Corona Virus on 15:48 - May 30 with 1626 viewsScotia

For the first time since March there are no new confirmed Covid cases in Swansea today. It doesn't mean a huge amount obviously, but it is a welcome milestone.
Corona Virus on 15:57 - May 30 with 1619 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 22:36 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

The whole point of lockdown as initially sold was to flatten the curve and avoid overwhelming the NHS. Given that most of the Nightingale facilities are emptier than Donald Trump's head then that's mission accomplished.

Until a vaccine is sorted we probably need a low level of virus transmission.

Many countries have actually gone further than just protecting their health service and been successful too
Corona Virus on 18:08 - May 30 with 1579 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 22:36 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

The whole point of lockdown as initially sold was to flatten the curve and avoid overwhelming the NHS. Given that most of the Nightingale facilities are emptier than Donald Trump's head then that's mission accomplished.

Until a vaccine is sorted we probably need a low level of virus transmission.

Protected the NHS as a whole at the expense of non COVID-19 patients, old folks in care homes and quite a few NHS/care workers.
Corona Virus on 19:05 - May 30 with 1553 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 18:08 - May 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Protected the NHS as a whole at the expense of non COVID-19 patients, old folks in care homes and quite a few NHS/care workers.

The care sector was not prioritised at all. Absolutely disgusting and a national scandal.

Corona Virus on 21:02 - May 30 with 1500 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 19:05 - May 30 by longlostjack

The care sector was not prioritised at all. Absolutely disgusting and a national scandal.

I believe it's not unique here and care homes around the world have been vulnerable. How can residents in these home be isolated?
Corona Virus on 21:23 - May 30 with 1480 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 21:02 - May 30 by controversial_jack

I believe it's not unique here and care homes around the world have been vulnerable. How can residents in these home be isolated?

“Many countries have actually gone further than just protecting their health service and been successful too”
You answered your own question.

Corona Virus on 21:37 - May 30 with 1467 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 21:02 - May 30 by controversial_jack

Seeing as they needed hands on care it was hard. Many carers actually went and lived in the homes they worked in, above and beyond by any measure, specially when they had little PPE.
We still need to beware a second wave, EU experts have warned it's likely and France is seeing a rise in confirmed cases.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/covid-19-infections-rise-dramatically-in-france/

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 21:53 - May 30 with 1455 viewsbennytheblue

So, are people who live in Swansea able to get to the Gower beaches? Or are there police stopping people on the rds from the city? Or Langland? Can you get there from parts of swansea?
Corona Virus on 21:55 - May 30 with 1449 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 14:11 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

Drakeford literally told shops yesterday to prepare to open in 3 weeks. That’s June 19th. And ours may not open on June 15th anyway. It’s an aim. They’ve said it will be reviewed constantly.

At the moment, we have the same shops open as you.

Yes, car showrooms can open here on Monday, but then our libraries are shut until July when yours are open now.

As I said, the comms is different but the reality is almost the same other than the travel.

Edited to add - as I keep saying, the reason the comms is different is because Johnson is a complete arse. Why on earth is anyone listening to him? The reality is not what he’s saying. Concentrate on that. I ignore every word that comes from him.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 14:20]

Did he really say that Lisa? 3 weeks for shops?
Corona Virus on 22:10 - May 30 with 1438 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:55 - May 30 by bennytheblue

Did he really say that Lisa? 3 weeks for shops?

He did.
Corona Virus on 22:16 - May 30 with 1430 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 22:10 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

He did.

Surely if shops can open then you can travel whatever distance to visit? I guess one can travel to Pembrokeshire or London for a break then maybe?
Corona Virus on 22:17 - May 30 with 1427 viewsSwanjaxs

Interesting article comparing English and Welsh beaches today.

Take a look at the two pictures of Durdle Door Bay in Dorset.

Looks busy in the first picture.

Then have a look at the second picture after a medical incident.

Very cosy indeed 😷

How Wales' parks and beaches compared to those in England and Scotland

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-lockdown-wales-beach-p
[Post edited 30 May 2020 22:18]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 22:34 - May 30 with 1396 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 21:23 - May 30 by longlostjack

“Many countries have actually gone further than just protecting their health service and been successful too”
You answered your own question.

I don't know how they achieved the protection of their elderly in care homes
Corona Virus on 23:08 - May 30 with 1366 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:34 - May 30 by controversial_jack

Of course issues in other countries too. Just so systematic in UK. Social care vs NHS. I’m out controversial.

Corona Virus on 08:23 - May 31 with 1278 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 22:34 - May 30 by controversial_jack

Neither do it but I think to actually want to is a good start and probably goes a long way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024