Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432727 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:48 - Jun 5 with 1772 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 22:40 - Jun 5 by Jack_Meoff

Japan?

Japan and Korea did not really lock down but employed distancing, masks and a proper trace and test system which meant they never got to exponential growth.
Corona Virus on 22:51 - Jun 5 with 1763 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Jun 5 by Zaxx

Criteria for suspected cases?
Possibly suspected without being proven via testing?

One would guess that the outcome of those tests would be imminent...

Like Alok Sharma then?

Very mysterious, do you know what that outcome will be.......?
Corona Virus on 23:03 - Jun 5 with 1736 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:40 - Jun 5 by Jack_Meoff

Japan?

Ceteris paribus

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 07:12 - Jun 6 with 1654 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:37 - Jun 5 by controversial_jack

Not strictly true. for Morriston anyway.Suspected cases that come through A&E, which all must, test the patients and then send them as suspected to the ward while awaiting the results. There is one ward still being used for suspected cases.the ward is not being closed for covid patients, but a section of it is still going to remain open

There have been some who have tested positive recently, but not many, so don't relax yet.This is just for those that get tested, many more will have the virus but not need hospitalisation, so the virus is still out there and very infectious

Anyone with symptoms can now get tested, there are frequently around 3000 tests a day in Wales with capacity for more.

For the last week or so there have been an average of around 50 cases in Wales, the majority in Betsi Cadwalladr health board. There are ofen no new cases recorded in Swansea.

It is still around but in drastically reduced numbers, enough for a regional relax in lockdown at least.
Corona Virus on 08:09 - Jun 6 with 1629 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 07:12 - Jun 6 by Scotia

Anyone with symptoms can now get tested, there are frequently around 3000 tests a day in Wales with capacity for more.

For the last week or so there have been an average of around 50 cases in Wales, the majority in Betsi Cadwalladr health board. There are ofen no new cases recorded in Swansea.

It is still around but in drastically reduced numbers, enough for a regional relax in lockdown at least.

Yup. No reason why most local businesses of whatever description can't begin to reopen with appropriate social distancing measures.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 08:17 - Jun 6 with 1621 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 08:09 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

Yup. No reason why most local businesses of whatever description can't begin to reopen with appropriate social distancing measures.

Good. I’m gagging for a haircut

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 09:35 - Jun 6 with 1586 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:48 - Jun 5 by longlostjack

You’re second paragraph is complete and utter nonsense. Had they not prepared and been overwhelmed by cases, they’d have been accused of clueless governance and NHS mismanagement. In fairness it‘s one of the very few things they actually got right.

Yes let's kill people with known illnesses by saving beds & facilities for patients that might get ill.
Of course that makes perfect sense.
Corona Virus on 10:40 - Jun 6 with 1546 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 22:51 - Jun 5 by Scotia

Like Alok Sharma then?

Very mysterious, do you know what that outcome will be.......?

I have no idea if Alok was admitted to hospital. He was symptomatic by the looks of it though.

I was referring to the number of patients currently admitted with suspected cases of Covid-19 in the SBUHB. On 31st May that number was 16, on June 2nd it was 43.
Small numbers, hence a large % increase.
Hopefully it is not indicative of a spike in transmission rates in this area and secondly, that these patients so not become critically ill.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:41 - Jun 6 with 1518 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 10:40 - Jun 6 by Zaxx

I have no idea if Alok was admitted to hospital. He was symptomatic by the looks of it though.

I was referring to the number of patients currently admitted with suspected cases of Covid-19 in the SBUHB. On 31st May that number was 16, on June 2nd it was 43.
Hopefully it is not indicative of a spike in transmission rates in this area and secondly, that these patients so not become critically ill.

I meant Alok Sharma being symptomatic but testing negative.

That is an alarming number. If confirmed it would almost double the usual daily total in Wales before considering those not in hospital.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 11:42]
Corona Virus on 12:33 - Jun 6 with 1478 viewskarnataka

Same sort of increases in our area, Sout West England. Our R0 has just gone above 1.
Corona Virus on 12:49 - Jun 6 with 1473 viewslondonlisa2001

If you are saying that infections in hospitals alone in just Swansea have increased by 27 in 2 days, then quite transparently the numbers reported by PHW are a waste of time as they are so inaccurate.
Corona Virus on 12:50 - Jun 6 with 1470 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 12:33 - Jun 6 by karnataka

Same sort of increases in our area, Sout West England. Our R0 has just gone above 1.

It is worrying, let's hope that it doesn't take off again. Stay safe over there.

Back to Scotia's point, there have been some surprising results from the tests for covid. A few people I know who displayed clear symptoms, often a few in fact, very surprisingly tested negative.
Corona Virus on 12:54 - Jun 6 with 1459 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 12:49 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

If you are saying that infections in hospitals alone in just Swansea have increased by 27 in 2 days, then quite transparently the numbers reported by PHW are a waste of time as they are so inaccurate.

Numbers of patients "currently admitted with suspected cases" in SBUHB.

A colleague of mine messaged that info from a screenshot of SBUHB's official site.
They're not updating daily at the moment so it does look worse. Also, with small numbers any variation throws a large % change.
I've no idea what the ratio of suspected cases turning into positive tests are but yup, there's a small bounce in the amount of suspected cases.
Corona Virus on 13:26 - Jun 6 with 1441 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:54 - Jun 6 by Zaxx

Numbers of patients "currently admitted with suspected cases" in SBUHB.

A colleague of mine messaged that info from a screenshot of SBUHB's official site.
They're not updating daily at the moment so it does look worse. Also, with small numbers any variation throws a large % change.
I've no idea what the ratio of suspected cases turning into positive tests are but yup, there's a small bounce in the amount of suspected cases.

When you see the official figures it could just be that in an abundance of caution anyone with any chance at all of having the virus is ‘suspected’ until the test comes back.

In which case, just people with hay fever will be suspected (it’s dreadful at the moment - worst I’ve ever had).

It’s sensible as a precaution, but those numbers look completely out of sync with positive cases.
Corona Virus on 14:10 - Jun 6 with 1416 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 13:26 - Jun 6 by londonlisa2001

When you see the official figures it could just be that in an abundance of caution anyone with any chance at all of having the virus is ‘suspected’ until the test comes back.

In which case, just people with hay fever will be suspected (it’s dreadful at the moment - worst I’ve ever had).

It’s sensible as a precaution, but those numbers look completely out of sync with positive cases.

I suspect that is exactly what it is and I suppose in a hospital every precaution has to be taken.

Just 1 confirmed case in Swansea / Neath Port Talbot yesterday.
Corona Virus on 15:05 - Jun 6 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

My figures came from someone who's worked on the CV ward in Morriston. Might be some slight fluctuation since then but an increase like that would be something of a surprise given the consistently low confirmed infection rate recently.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Jun 6 with 1374 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 15:05 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

My figures came from someone who's worked on the CV ward in Morriston. Might be some slight fluctuation since then but an increase like that would be something of a surprise given the consistently low confirmed infection rate recently.

The CV ward in Morriston has had more patients in today, and a few suspected too. Far too early to relax
Corona Virus on 15:51 - Jun 6 with 1364 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 08:09 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

If thousands are allowed to demonstrate in London, I see no reason why businesses shouldn't be allowed to reopen if they want.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 16:01 - Jun 6 with 1354 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 15:51 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

If thousands are allowed to demonstrate in London, I see no reason why businesses shouldn't be allowed to reopen if they want.

Those that chose to exercise their right to protest whilst risking infection did/do so willingly. If businesses are allowed to open whilst there is still a major risk then staff have no choice other than being sacked. It's not the same.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 16:39 - Jun 6 with 1334 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 15:51 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

If nothing else it is a good experiment. Let's see if anyone who has made a Guinea pig of themselves by attending these gatherings contracts covid.
Corona Virus on 16:53 - Jun 6 with 1321 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Jun 6 by controversial_jack

The CV ward in Morriston has had more patients in today, and a few suspected too. Far too early to relax

I don't think it is too early, within reason and depending on location. Just 42 cases in Wales, 21 of those in Betsi Cadwalladr. Not only that, 3126 tests yesterday, the most so far.

I'd be a bit annoyed if I lived in Ceredigion, where it seems to have been eliminated, and can't get a haircut because of an outbreak in Wrexham. Which is the exact situation we are in at the moment.
Corona Virus on 16:53 - Jun 6 with 1318 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 16:01 - Jun 6 by DJack

Those that chose to exercise their right to protest whilst risking infection did/do so willingly. If businesses are allowed to open whilst there is still a major risk then staff have no choice other than being sacked. It's not the same.

The Police and Ambulance crews who are forced to attend these protests aren't there voluntarily.

Plenty of businesses currently shuttered are family run with no outside staff.

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Jun 6 with 1306 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

The Police and Ambulance crews who are forced to attend these protests aren't there voluntarily.

Plenty of businesses currently shuttered are family run with no outside staff.

A whole load of whataboutery.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Jun 6 with 1290 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Jun 6 by Scotia

I don't think it is too early, within reason and depending on location. Just 42 cases in Wales, 21 of those in Betsi Cadwalladr. Not only that, 3126 tests yesterday, the most so far.

I'd be a bit annoyed if I lived in Ceredigion, where it seems to have been eliminated, and can't get a haircut because of an outbreak in Wrexham. Which is the exact situation we are in at the moment.

for those 42 cases, there could be multiple more who haven't been tested and don't require hospital treatment. The virus is still there and active
Corona Virus on 17:36 - Jun 6 with 1274 viewschad

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Jun 6 by DJack

A whole load of whataboutery.

Whataboutery my fragrant arse

It is perfectly logically relevant fact, that your post omitted to address

And not the only one, if you think thousands of people deliberately congregating only has an impact on them. ‘What about’ the people who need to treat them, the people infected by them and the people killed because of that. whatever the colour of their skin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024