Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 431703 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 10:02 - Jun 19 with 2142 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Will the UK medical profession and authorities finally catch up to what many countries new about Vitamin D and COVID-19 back in April?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8339351/Vitamin-D-deficiency-risk-facto
Corona Virus on 15:53 - Jun 19 with 2089 viewsSwanjaxs

Taking into account the VE Day celebrations and the start of the BLM demonstrations in Hyde Park (3 weeks ago) it has to be encouraging that no significant spike has been detected.

Perhaps there might be some sort of leeway towards letting football fans attend games?

Apparently Italy, Russia and a couple of others are actively looking at letting a third of ground capacity in.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 16:02 - Jun 19 with 2079 viewsSwansea93

Corona Virus on 15:53 - Jun 19 by Swanjaxs

Taking into account the VE Day celebrations and the start of the BLM demonstrations in Hyde Park (3 weeks ago) it has to be encouraging that no significant spike has been detected.

Perhaps there might be some sort of leeway towards letting football fans attend games?

Apparently Italy, Russia and a couple of others are actively looking at letting a third of ground capacity in.

EFL were looking at having 25% capacity in grounds for the start of next season.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Corona Virus on 17:03 - Jun 19 with 2049 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 16:02 - Jun 19 by Swansea93

EFL were looking at having 25% capacity in grounds for the start of next season.

I wonder how they would choose who that 25% would comprise? We've got more ST holders than that , Shirley?
Corona Virus on 09:15 - Jun 20 with 1945 viewsDr_Winston

More evidence confirming that Covid was circulating in Europe well before anyone knew it was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53106444

The more stuff like this I see the more I'm convinced that we're already in the second wave. There must have been a number of Covid deaths put down as flu or pneumonia over the last Winter and a lot of people who think they've already had it might well be right.

Suspect it's been smouldering away in the background for quite a while, and the return of so many people after Chinese New Year just poured petrol onto it and kicked it right off in much the same way as returning servicemen did in 1919.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Jun 20 with 1877 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 09:15 - Jun 20 by Dr_Winston

More evidence confirming that Covid was circulating in Europe well before anyone knew it was.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53106444

The more stuff like this I see the more I'm convinced that we're already in the second wave. There must have been a number of Covid deaths put down as flu or pneumonia over the last Winter and a lot of people who think they've already had it might well be right.

Suspect it's been smouldering away in the background for quite a while, and the return of so many people after Chinese New Year just poured petrol onto it and kicked it right off in much the same way as returning servicemen did in 1919.

Loads of people I know had this very rough chest flu before Christmas, it’s was rife in Cardiff but most assumed it was just a bad cold.
Corona Virus on 20:23 - Jun 20 with 1870 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Jun 20 by bennytheblue

Loads of people I know had this very rough chest flu before Christmas, it’s was rife in Cardiff but most assumed it was just a bad cold.

More than likely Aussie Flu.
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/perspective/aussie-flu-or-just-a-bad-cold.
Corona Virus on 01:46 - Jun 21 with 1826 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 20:23 - Jun 20 by A_Fans_Dad

More than likely Aussie Flu.
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/perspective/aussie-flu-or-just-a-bad-cold.

Here we agree...thank you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 04:33 - Jun 21 with 1810 viewsSwansea93

1 death in Wales yesterday, no new cases in Swansea, Neath or Cardiff Vale, good stuff.

Corona Virus on 04:35 - Jun 21 with 1809 viewsSwansea93

Corona Virus on 17:03 - Jun 19 by karnataka

I wonder how they would choose who that 25% would comprise? We've got more ST holders than that , Shirley?

Exactly, only way around this I would think is keep people who renewed a guranteed seat for when fans are fully allowed back in, but whilst they plan 25% capacity tickets would go on sale on a first come first served basis.

Corona Virus on 12:18 - Jun 21 with 1749 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 04:35 - Jun 21 by Swansea93

Exactly, only way around this I would think is keep people who renewed a guranteed seat for when fans are fully allowed back in, but whilst they plan 25% capacity tickets would go on sale on a first come first served basis.

Or maybe anyone wanting a ticket goes on a list and they draw you out randomly. Once drawn you can't get a ticket again until they've gone through the list. If you need more than one (for children say) you all go on the same ticket.

Sorry if this bit is a ferdy, but did anyone else see that domestic pets are now being investigated as possible covid spreaders?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/18/keep-cats-inside-dogs-leads-avoid-co

I can't find the referenced article in the Lancet Microbe though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:33 - Jun 21 with 1742 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 01:46 - Jun 21 by DJack

Here we agree...thank you.

Covid19 was around in Europe in December
Corona Virus on 13:42 - Jun 21 with 1724 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:33 - Jun 21 by controversial_jack

Covid19 was around in Europe in December

Yep, I (and others) posted a link to a French news item saying that checks on tests proved they had people showing positive for Covid from before China had even told the WHO.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Jun 21 with 1701 viewsJango

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/deaths-coronavirus-covid-cases-outbr
Corona Virus on 16:29 - Jun 21 with 1675 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Jun 21 by Jango

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/deaths-coronavirus-covid-cases-outbr

That's probably because they did so few tests the day before because of technical problems, so it's probably catching up
Corona Virus on 16:34 - Jun 21 with 1668 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 13:42 - Jun 21 by Catullus

Yep, I (and others) posted a link to a French news item saying that checks on tests proved they had people showing positive for Covid from before China had even told the WHO.

There is some thinking that it could have been in Europe even earlier, maybe Oct. It's possible that the outbreak could have started in Italy and then been carried to China.

There was an outbreak at the wet market in Wuhan, but it could have been infecting ppl by passing from person to person who were visiting or working in the market and not coming from the produce
Corona Virus on 16:40 - Jun 21 with 1657 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 16:34 - Jun 21 by controversial_jack

There is some thinking that it could have been in Europe even earlier, maybe Oct. It's possible that the outbreak could have started in Italy and then been carried to China.

There was an outbreak at the wet market in Wuhan, but it could have been infecting ppl by passing from person to person who were visiting or working in the market and not coming from the produce

If it was in Europe in October you would have expected to see a massive spike in deaths above normal levels around late November and early December. Then the Christmas season of partying, shopping and sport would have exacerbated the situation.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 16:45 - Jun 21 with 1651 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 16:40 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

If it was in Europe in October you would have expected to see a massive spike in deaths above normal levels around late November and early December. Then the Christmas season of partying, shopping and sport would have exacerbated the situation.

It would have just been starting then, and would take several weeks to find it's way into old peoples homes etc. Also would have taken a while to spread within families and social groups etc.

There is definitely evidence of it being in Italy in December
Corona Virus on 17:49 - Jun 21 with 1610 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 15:40 - Jun 21 by Jango

There is a massive contact tracing exercise underway associated with the poultry processing plant outbreak on Anglesey as there is a real feeling it could escalate significantly. There are even Swansea council employees working on it.
Corona Virus on 18:58 - Jun 21 with 1579 viewsJango

Corona Virus on 17:49 - Jun 21 by Scotia

There is a massive contact tracing exercise underway associated with the poultry processing plant outbreak on Anglesey as there is a real feeling it could escalate significantly. There are even Swansea council employees working on it.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-germanys-r-number-rockets-again-from-179-

Gonna be a long road keeping it under control by the looks of it.
Corona Virus on 20:46 - Jun 21 with 1524 viewsmajorraglan

There was an article online stating that traces of Covid19 genetic material had been found in samples of sewage taken in Milan and Turin last December, which predates the first case in France. It’s definitely been around longer than we have known.
Corona Virus (n/t) on 09:08 - Jun 22 with 1446 viewsKilkennyjack

[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 9:08]

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 09:19 - Jun 22 with 1426 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 20:46 - Jun 21 by majorraglan

There was an article online stating that traces of Covid19 genetic material had been found in samples of sewage taken in Milan and Turin last December, which predates the first case in France. It’s definitely been around longer than we have known.

There is a bit of doubt around contamination in these studies Raglan.
I am a bit torn as to how reliable this is
Corona Virus on 09:23 - Jun 22 with 1422 viewsProfessor

So, as I had suggested, the Oxford vaccine is being tried in what we call a Prime: boost vaccine strategy. Good news is that in mice and more so pigs this increases the important neutralising antibody levels. No indication of protection yet, but promising news
Corona Virus on 10:31 - Jun 22 with 1385 viewsdickythorpe

A ray of light we hope Prof.
Keep posting your findings and developments of tests/trials etc.
It is appreciated 👍
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 10:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024