Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437665 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Jun 24 with 2006 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:09 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

“IT looks like it actually does a better job than the one they were all crowing after last week.

...although I haven't read the actual study yet.“

If there was ever a post that sums you up it’s this.

Plus you linking the wrong article.

Thank you for picking up that the link was from my previous post.
I have corrected the link.
I have also found the actual study, which although showing very good results is limited in value to low patient counts, total 105.

ps Would you rather I did not post about good new re COVID-19 or is the only good news about Oxford Vaccines?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 17:25]
Corona Virus on 19:40 - Jun 24 with 1968 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 16:54 - Jun 24 by A_Fans_Dad

When was the

Perhaps you would like to spend a few minutes reading about the benifits of Vitamin D re COVID-19?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7276229/

Or you could read this one that finds Vit D deficiency is a major problem for COVID-19 patients and yet you don't believe that increasing it to normal or above normal standards would help them.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200507121353.htm

OK, I give up, you can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink it.

You do know that first one is an opinion-based review? It is not a paper with data based on any actual study. Its also a nutrition journal.
Corona Virus on 19:48 - Jun 24 with 1960 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Jun 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Thank you for picking up that the link was from my previous post.
I have corrected the link.
I have also found the actual study, which although showing very good results is limited in value to low patient counts, total 105.

ps Would you rather I did not post about good new re COVID-19 or is the only good news about Oxford Vaccines?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 17:25]

I’d rather you have the pc back to your son or daughter - aka a fan

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Jun 24 with 1942 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 17:07 - Jun 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Yet another re-purposed drug saves the lives of COVID-19 patients.
This time it is Colchicine an anti-inflamitory Gout drug.
IT looks like it actually does a better job than the one they were all crowing after last week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8455395/Could-old-gout-drug-help-trea

Reducing the mortality rate from 14% to 1.8%, although I haven't read the actual study yet.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 17:20]

Read the paper. It is promising but the numbers are tiny. Overall the differences in clinical outcome are small. The mortality figure is based on seven versus one death. Basically its a really good piece of work, but only to identify colchicine as a potential therapeutic. Health reporting in the Mail is very poor
Corona Virus on 20:19 - Jun 24 with 1925 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Jun 24 by Professor

Read the paper. It is promising but the numbers are tiny. Overall the differences in clinical outcome are small. The mortality figure is based on seven versus one death. Basically its a really good piece of work, but only to identify colchicine as a potential therapeutic. Health reporting in the Mail is very poor

Instead of critiquing my first post you should have read my second post.
Corona Virus on 20:20 - Jun 24 with 1924 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Jun 24 by Professor

You do know that first one is an opinion-based review? It is not a paper with data based on any actual study. Its also a nutrition journal.

Do you wish to argue with his opinion?
Are his street creds good enough for you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Konrad_Biesalski
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 20:29]
Corona Virus on 20:21 - Jun 24 with 1923 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:48 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I’d rather you have the pc back to your son or daughter - aka a fan

My second word to is Off.
Corona Virus on 20:29 - Jun 24 with 1919 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 20:20 - Jun 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you wish to argue with his opinion?
Are his street creds good enough for you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Konrad_Biesalski
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 20:29]

It’s not good- very opportunistic and ambulance chasing
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Jun 24 with 1916 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 20:19 - Jun 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Instead of critiquing my first post you should have read my second post.

I did not- I reviewed the main findings of the paper. Don’t be touchy man! I said it was a good paper other than the small sample size which was due to the decline of infections in Greece
Corona Virus on 21:14 - Jun 24 with 1901 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Jun 24 by Professor

I did not- I reviewed the main findings of the paper. Don’t be touchy man! I said it was a good paper other than the small sample size which was due to the decline of infections in Greece

But I had already done & said the same thing.
Corona Virus on 21:27 - Jun 24 with 1882 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Jun 24 by Professor

It’s not good- very opportunistic and ambulance chasing

So having called the Bangledeshi doctors liars & sharks you are now calling a full professor an Ambulance chaser.
You sure know how to treat your fellow professionals.
Corona Virus on 21:46 - Jun 24 with 1865 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Jun 24 by A_Fans_Dad

So having called the Bangledeshi doctors liars & sharks you are now calling a full professor an Ambulance chaser.
You sure know how to treat your fellow professionals.

But they are. Most of these ‘experts’ have never worked on a coronavirus. They are opportunists getting publications and recognition with flimsy work. We had a virtual departmental meeting last week and this very point was made by someone who has worked in this area for decades. There is so much chaff to get to the wheat. The worst is that charlatan Sikora. He is an oncologist and wants to scrap the NHS
Corona Virus on 17:58 - Jun 26 with 1713 viewssainthelens

How very apt that the daily govt briefing is now replaced by a show called Pointless.
Corona Virus on 23:35 - Jun 26 with 1648 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 21:46 - Jun 24 by Professor

But they are. Most of these ‘experts’ have never worked on a coronavirus. They are opportunists getting publications and recognition with flimsy work. We had a virtual departmental meeting last week and this very point was made by someone who has worked in this area for decades. There is so much chaff to get to the wheat. The worst is that charlatan Sikora. He is an oncologist and wants to scrap the NHS

I don't know how you keep so calm or why you continue to engage. You're either very patient or a sucker for punishment.
Corona Virus on 23:40 - Jun 26 with 1642 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 23:35 - Jun 26 by LeonWasGod

I don't know how you keep so calm or why you continue to engage. You're either very patient or a sucker for punishment.

I have teenage kids. One with autism. Been a scientist for over 30 years. You learn it. Things can take years to work. All of these give me a stoical Zen-like state. Part of my job is to educate and inform. I appreciate all those who find the contributions useful
Corona Virus on 23:42 - Jun 26 with 1641 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 23:35 - Jun 26 by LeonWasGod

The man is a star. Poster of the year 2020. Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 23:44 - Jun 26 with 1634 viewsbuilthjack

There are still 150-200 deaths a day. The government and a large proportion of the public choose to ignore this.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 00:22 - Jun 27 with 1603 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 23:44 - Jun 26 by builthjack

There are still 150-200 deaths a day. The government and a large proportion of the public choose to ignore this.

Most biology/biomed people use Twitter to communicate.
The despair at the idiocy caused by irresponsible governments in U.K. and US is enormous
Corona Virus on 00:25 - Jun 27 with 1601 viewscontroversial_jack

Cases shooting up in the states again.Is there no end to this?
Corona Virus on 00:26 - Jun 27 with 1601 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 23:44 - Jun 26 by builthjack

Exactly. The virus hasn’t disappeared. People need to work that out. I get the need to get business started but the messages from Nr 10 are absolute shit. It’ll cost more in the end if they screw up by facilitating a second wave.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 05:36 - Jun 27 with 1563 viewsnyc_swans

Corona Virus on 00:25 - Jun 27 by controversial_jack

Cases shooting up in the states again.Is there no end to this?

horrible. we would be in the right place if the southern/western states didn’t try to reopen so quickly and the people who lived there were willing to wear their masks. it’s been such a failure of leadership.

this country is so far gone. be glad you don’t live here.
Corona Virus on 07:35 - Jun 27 with 1537 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 00:26 - Jun 27 by longlostjack

Exactly. The virus hasn’t disappeared. People need to work that out. I get the need to get business started but the messages from Nr 10 are absolute shit. It’ll cost more in the end if they screw up by facilitating a second wave.

I'm almost dreading to see what is going to happen in England from mid July. I think the jump from the current social distancing rules to opening pubs, restaurants and cinemas etc whilst reducing social distancing tp 1m in one fell swoop smacks of jump starting the economy at the expense of health.

They've been lucky so far with cases falling despite beaches being packed and the protests but the move inside is asking for trouble.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 7:36]
Corona Virus on 08:45 - Jun 27 with 1514 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 05:36 - Jun 27 by nyc_swans

horrible. we would be in the right place if the southern/western states didn’t try to reopen so quickly and the people who lived there were willing to wear their masks. it’s been such a failure of leadership.

this country is so far gone. be glad you don’t live here.

I have a friend at College Station in Texas. She is receiving therapy for pancreatic cancer and despairs over the lack of distancing and masks.

No real increases in the NE states though
Corona Virus on 09:44 - Jun 27 with 1485 viewsbuilthjack

Thank goodness for the rain. A hot weekend would have been carnage.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 10:24 - Jun 27 with 1459 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 08:45 - Jun 27 by Professor

I have a friend at College Station in Texas. She is receiving therapy for pancreatic cancer and despairs over the lack of distancing and masks.

No real increases in the NE states though

There’s a video in the BBC article where Palm Beach citizens are speaking to their local commissioners about the mandatory wearing of face masks. I’d have thought some of those speaking against wearing of masks would be in the high risk categories. Their views, in my opinion are crackers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53200834
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024