Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? 16:46 - Mar 14 with 6905 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 11:06 - Mar 16 with 1553 viewsCatullus

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 10:39 - Mar 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Play the remaining fixtures asap and where both teams in each match finish in positions which mean they would play each other next season, make the result count for both this season and next season.

Leeds and West Brom would have a lot of fixtures to catch up on very quickly next season but they would take that over a null and void season and no promotion.

Doing anything but finishing the season could lead to all sorts of legal challenges. Awarding clubs titles or promotion, relegating clubs with 9 games left, they will argue the toss.

I honestly reckon they have to accept there's disruption over the next 18 months, finish this season and get back to normal as soon as they can. Moving the season a bit, maybe even cancelling FA cup replays and going straight to ET and penalties for a season. Possibly even cancelling international fixtures for a year, friendlies at least.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 09:22 - Mar 17 with 1436 viewsladyjack

If this crisis lasts a year plus then will they look at finishing this current season in summer/next season playing behind closed doors between players that have no symptoms/passed some kind of medical test and then scrap next season completely.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 12:32 - Mar 17 with 1407 viewskarnataka

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 09:22 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

If this crisis lasts a year plus then will they look at finishing this current season in summer/next season playing behind closed doors between players that have no symptoms/passed some kind of medical test and then scrap next season completely.

And, in the meantime, who pays the players, ground staff, etc?
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 1396 viewsladyjack

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 12:32 - Mar 17 by karnataka

And, in the meantime, who pays the players, ground staff, etc?

The same people who pay them now, lots would go bust but if it's not safe to play in front of a large crowd then it's not safe to play in front of a large crowd.
Football won't be the only business in trouble if this crisis go's on for an extended period of time.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 13:58 - Mar 17 with 1382 viewssainthelens

This will be what makes league 1 and 2 go part time. Very quickly.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 14:58 - Mar 17 with 1355 viewsCatullus

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 13:58 - Mar 17 by sainthelens

This will be what makes league 1 and 2 go part time. Very quickly.

I think it's more likely that many clubs will go bust, will disappear completely. Of course the top 6 will be fine but smaller EPL clubs are going to be in trouble too.

Here's another thought, if there is absolutely no sport what happens to sports channels? People are paying for something they may not get again for a long time. Are Sky still paying the EPL?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 16:37 - Mar 17 with 1336 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 14:58 - Mar 17 by Catullus

I think it's more likely that many clubs will go bust, will disappear completely. Of course the top 6 will be fine but smaller EPL clubs are going to be in trouble too.

Here's another thought, if there is absolutely no sport what happens to sports channels? People are paying for something they may not get again for a long time. Are Sky still paying the EPL?

Is the UK government releasing a stimulus package? Here in Aus they will be releasing one very soon to help "small businesses". Our rugby league competition and clubs needs money or most clubs will go bust by round 13, so it will probably get government money. Could the UK government hand out certain amounts to clubs depending on their usual revenue levels?

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 09:02 - Mar 18 with 1262 viewsladyjack

They are aiming to complete all competitions here and across Europe by the end of the season which is June 30th, talk that we might end up with domestic matches being played midweek and European matches on the weekend, Swans being 2nd tier perhaps that won't affect us.
Login to get fewer ads

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 17:10 - Mar 18 with 1234 viewsunion_jack

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 16:37 - Mar 17 by TimTtam

Is the UK government releasing a stimulus package? Here in Aus they will be releasing one very soon to help "small businesses". Our rugby league competition and clubs needs money or most clubs will go bust by round 13, so it will probably get government money. Could the UK government hand out certain amounts to clubs depending on their usual revenue levels?

Aren’t all Australian citizens receiving $750Aus from the government?

How is that going to work?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 21:42 - Mar 18 with 1205 viewsladyjack

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 09:22 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

When I said about finishing this season next season and scrapping next season I had not seen that suggesting anywhere I have now, it is being suggested by some.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 21:52 - Mar 18 with 1194 viewssainthelens

Big if, but if it's only good to go come the end of this year, then play a shorten season, by playing each side once not twice.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 00:26 - Mar 19 with 1178 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 17:10 - Mar 18 by union_jack

Aren’t all Australian citizens receiving $750Aus from the government?

How is that going to work?

Really? That's the first I've heard of it. All I know is that businesses will be assisted.

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 11:22 - Mar 19 with 1139 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 10:39 - Mar 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Play the remaining fixtures asap and where both teams in each match finish in positions which mean they would play each other next season, make the result count for both this season and next season.

Leeds and West Brom would have a lot of fixtures to catch up on very quickly next season but they would take that over a null and void season and no promotion.

I think it will start again by about October and be a two year, one-season event, everything will them go back to normal for the following season?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 11:26]
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 14:11 - Mar 19 with 1094 viewsdunvantjack100

IMO this season has to be finished no matter when this takes place.

The media’s key focus seems to be around Liverpool, but I think they are the least important. If they null and void it, everyone deep down knows Liverpool ‘won it’.

It’s the Leicester’s and Sheffield United who have serious chances at champions league football.

Leeds first time in the prem since 2003.

A chance for teams like Bristol City / Preston / Millwall to have their first season in the Premier League through the play offs. I think that to Null and void it would lead to too many legal cases from those teams negatively affected by not finishing the season.

With regards to if they do decide to finish it in June / July, does anyone know what would happen with contracts? We have a number of players whose contracts run out at the beginning of June, which could mean us finishing the season without those players.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 1079 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 14:11 - Mar 19 by dunvantjack100

IMO this season has to be finished no matter when this takes place.

The media’s key focus seems to be around Liverpool, but I think they are the least important. If they null and void it, everyone deep down knows Liverpool ‘won it’.

It’s the Leicester’s and Sheffield United who have serious chances at champions league football.

Leeds first time in the prem since 2003.

A chance for teams like Bristol City / Preston / Millwall to have their first season in the Premier League through the play offs. I think that to Null and void it would lead to too many legal cases from those teams negatively affected by not finishing the season.

With regards to if they do decide to finish it in June / July, does anyone know what would happen with contracts? We have a number of players whose contracts run out at the beginning of June, which could mean us finishing the season without those players.

If the season is null and void, from roughly looking, there will be at least 9 football league clubs who will take legal action, and Barrow in non-league will also do the same. But there could be as many as 23 FL clubs and 5 conference clubs.

My name is Matt

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 21:06 - Mar 20 with 1033 viewsJacket

While I can see Liverpool being handed the title, I can't see teams being relegated on the basis of an incomplete fixture list so we could see most leagues being null and void, there is no way anyone could be promoted from the Championship as there are no clear leaders. The only way I can see the season finished is by having behind closed doors matches once we see a significant improvement in the situation. But that would only be after we've reached a peak. With the belated announcement yesterday that mass testing would start "within days", at least there is a glimmer of hope we'll be able to work out when a peak has indeed been reached.
Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 21:42 - Mar 20 with 1015 viewsunion_jack

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 00:26 - Mar 19 by TimTtam

Really? That's the first I've heard of it. All I know is that businesses will be assisted.

Apparently for low income earners only. I thought I’d heard it was for all as it is in the US ($1000US).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 09:56 - Mar 21 with 969 viewsTimTtam

Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons? on 21:42 - Mar 20 by union_jack

Apparently for low income earners only. I thought I’d heard it was for all as it is in the US ($1000US).

You're right. Something along the lines of that is happening here.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024