Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curfew 19:35 - Mar 25 with 5393 viewscontroversial_jack

It's amazing how some people still don't get what's involved.One person thinks it's ok to go to his allotment and just sit in isolation or do a bit there.Govt instructions say otherwise.I don't like an allotment would come under one form of limited exerciser per day.What do posters on here think about that?
Curfew on 00:27 - Mar 26 with 1305 viewswobbly

I always thought the OP was a freeman of the land where things like government laws didn’t apply to them?

No natural law that’s going to stop me!
Curfew on 01:30 - Mar 26 with 1252 viewsSwanjaxs

Curfew on 00:20 - Mar 26 by controversial_jack

Done!

Have you been drinking mate?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Curfew on 06:42 - Mar 26 with 1122 viewsjackal

Went for a walk with daughter , granddaughter and dog in Penllegaer woods.. We are in the same household.

There were a few people there but each kept his distance..

Went to Tesco and there were two couples having a chat in the aisles causing a blockage.

It's a matter of using your intelligence. Some have it, some don't.
Curfew on 07:05 - Mar 26 with 1101 viewsScotia

I'd have thought it would save a few trips to the supermarket over the summer and ultimately much less contact with people, and therefore a good idea. Of course if you keep a social distance from anyone else there.

I'm overlooking the Cwm gelli allotments and I've never seen more than 3 people over what must be 5 acres at any one time.

It's just about being sensible. Not like my neighbours who had mates and kids around for a barbecue yesterday afternoon.
Curfew on 07:24 - Mar 26 with 1069 viewschad

Perhaps a far more basic commodity than intelligence - common sense

Something that even some of the most intelligent people seem to lack / fail to engage

In fact I have witnessed employers recruiting, specifically wishing to avoid graduates with 1st class degrees because they fear they may lack basic on the ground mental agility. I understand where they were coming from, but probably a little unfair to some of those that work their asses off at uni and have loads of common sense.

As far as educating pork - it might be interesting to note that pigs are very intelligent creatures
Curfew on 07:53 - Mar 26 with 1040 viewsJack_Meoff

Curfew on 00:27 - Mar 26 by wobbly

I always thought the OP was a freeman of the land where things like government laws didn’t apply to them?

No natural law that’s going to stop me!

That's what makes this thread comedy gold. Normally the guy is so 'edgy' (man), ' I know how the world works' etc

At times of 'crisis' you can see the true colours; 'look Mr Government Official, the subversives are planting radish!!!'

F*cking incontinentraversial_jack more like
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 8:13]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Curfew on 08:51 - Mar 26 with 984 viewsWarwickHunt

Curfew on 07:24 - Mar 26 by chad

Something that even some of the most intelligent people seem to lack / fail to engage

In fact I have witnessed employers recruiting, specifically wishing to avoid graduates with 1st class degrees because they fear they may lack basic on the ground mental agility. I understand where they were coming from, but probably a little unfair to some of those that work their asses off at uni and have loads of common sense.

As far as educating pork - it might be interesting to note that pigs are very intelligent creatures

Oxbridge graduates are famously hopeless at taking the bins out and Wittgenstein was sacked from his evening job at Sainsbury’s because he kept putting the tins of soup in the freezer cabinet.
Curfew on 08:58 - Mar 26 with 957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Curfew on 07:24 - Mar 26 by chad

I’d exchange the word intelligent for academic.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Curfew on 10:42 - Mar 26 with 887 viewsLeonWasGod

Curfew on 20:01 - Mar 25 by controversial_jack

It's not what the govt is saying though. I want to go for a walk down Aberavon, but that's not permitted. It sets a precedent if allowed, the public will use any excuse to get out and the police are stopping ppl unless it's urgent It's not rocket science is it, even Darran should get this.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 20:03]

The government have left the advice sufficiently vague to allow people to push the boundaries. If they'd restricted travel to key workers only, and strictly defined who those were, things would be a lot clearer.

You're taking the advice in the spirit of what's needed imo. But people don't like being told what to do. It's the difference between us and some Asian countries; they tend to be more disciplined around social behaviours, which is why they've been able to get a better handle on the virus. Normally, our individuality is a strength for us as it leads to resilience and flexibility, etc. But in this case our stubbornness and selfishness could literally kill us.

Until people are affected by this personally, I think we'll continue to see people pushing back.
Curfew on 11:03 - Mar 26 with 868 viewscontroversial_jack

Curfew on 10:42 - Mar 26 by LeonWasGod

The government have left the advice sufficiently vague to allow people to push the boundaries. If they'd restricted travel to key workers only, and strictly defined who those were, things would be a lot clearer.

You're taking the advice in the spirit of what's needed imo. But people don't like being told what to do. It's the difference between us and some Asian countries; they tend to be more disciplined around social behaviours, which is why they've been able to get a better handle on the virus. Normally, our individuality is a strength for us as it leads to resilience and flexibility, etc. But in this case our stubbornness and selfishness could literally kill us.

Until people are affected by this personally, I think we'll continue to see people pushing back.

It's all we need is to use common sense and set examples for other to follow.The British spirit of just cracking on and muddling through won't work this time

This is an emergency unlike we have ever seen before, it is killing the old and vulnerable - and some not in that category. A lockdown should mean exactly that, unless absolutely necessary like shopping or medical purposes.The govt has been vague and inconsistent over this
Curfew on 11:23 - Mar 26 with 838 viewsCatullus

Curfew on 11:03 - Mar 26 by controversial_jack

It's all we need is to use common sense and set examples for other to follow.The British spirit of just cracking on and muddling through won't work this time

This is an emergency unlike we have ever seen before, it is killing the old and vulnerable - and some not in that category. A lockdown should mean exactly that, unless absolutely necessary like shopping or medical purposes.The govt has been vague and inconsistent over this

I generally agree with that but, cracking on and muddling through is exactly what we have to do just withing the rules of not travelling unless essential and keeping at least 2 metres away from other people.

Leon is right about the vagueness though, Bojo should have been much firmer ealier on, he shouldn't have asked for distancing, he should have demanded it and when people were gathering in large crowds on beaches, at Snowdon etc he should have been on tv ASAP berating them, shouting the message that their behaviour would kill people, would put extra pressure on the NHS and is totally unacceptable. A £30 fine isn't enough to put people off either.
We needed a Churchillian speech from Bojo but what we got was a wet lettuce request

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Curfew on 11:27 - Mar 26 with 832 viewsEbo

Curfew on 11:23 - Mar 26 by Catullus

I generally agree with that but, cracking on and muddling through is exactly what we have to do just withing the rules of not travelling unless essential and keeping at least 2 metres away from other people.

Leon is right about the vagueness though, Bojo should have been much firmer ealier on, he shouldn't have asked for distancing, he should have demanded it and when people were gathering in large crowds on beaches, at Snowdon etc he should have been on tv ASAP berating them, shouting the message that their behaviour would kill people, would put extra pressure on the NHS and is totally unacceptable. A £30 fine isn't enough to put people off either.
We needed a Churchillian speech from Bojo but what we got was a wet lettuce request

"We needed a Churchillian speech from Bojo but what we got was a wet lettuce request"

It was scripted speech written well in advance, read off an auto cue and recorded much earlier in the day.

Imagine the car crash if he had to do it live?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Curfew on 11:46 - Mar 26 with 811 viewsCatullus

Curfew on 11:27 - Mar 26 by Ebo

"We needed a Churchillian speech from Bojo but what we got was a wet lettuce request"

It was scripted speech written well in advance, read off an auto cue and recorded much earlier in the day.

Imagine the car crash if he had to do it live?

It wouldn't have taken long to put together a suitable speech, whether Bojo could have delivered it effectively is another thing.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Curfew on 12:20 - Mar 26 with 775 viewsJack_Meoff

Curfew on 10:42 - Mar 26 by LeonWasGod

But why make a thread about allotments specifically? Michael Gove has already said it's fine to keep visiting, just use common sense and social distancing whilst there.

Read this article: https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/coronavirus-can-i-still-go-to-

My routine is: 10-12 minute walk there, usually with dog, using sensible social distancing measures en route.

Whilst there users are using gloves and wipes on locks and gates, sticking to individual plots and giving space on paths etc as necessary. We've agreed on sensible measures.

Return walk: 10- 12 minutes.

How does that differ from any other individual getting their daily exercise? And given that there's still the unknown with regard this virus - the excess food that the plots will produce could be put to use locally.

I'm also a key worker and feel more vulnerable in my job at present than any walk outside.

I may have also overreacted in my earlier posts. Been a shit week.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Curfew on 12:23 - Mar 26 with 773 viewsNotLoyal

Curfew on 20:36 - Mar 25 by controversial_jack

Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home) from the govt website.

I would have reported you if i had seen you

Great use of the word have, refreshing.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024