Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doing your own dentistry 10:26 - Mar 28 with 1015 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone ever tried, I know Bob Mortimer does his own.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Doing your own dentistry on 10:34 - Mar 28 with 995 viewsdickythorpe

The NHS is under immense strain........as someone who had an abscess under a tooth years ago I strongly recommend against......I lost a stone and a half in less than a week after I thought about poking it with a cocktail stick to relieve pressure, the effects of the infection I picked up I would not wish on my worst enemy.

Your dentist is available to emergencies only, plus 111 is worth calling.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 10:35]
Doing your own dentistry on 10:34 - Mar 28 with 993 viewsWingstandwood

I have not tried DIY dentistry yet, but I do have some kit at hand in case I cannot get a dentist.

https://www.dentaldirect.co.uk/dentanurse-first-aid-kit.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3

Argus!

Doing your own dentistry on 10:35 - Mar 28 with 990 viewsNotLoyal

Doing your own dentistry on 10:34 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

The NHS is under immense strain........as someone who had an abscess under a tooth years ago I strongly recommend against......I lost a stone and a half in less than a week after I thought about poking it with a cocktail stick to relieve pressure, the effects of the infection I picked up I would not wish on my worst enemy.

Your dentist is available to emergencies only, plus 111 is worth calling.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 10:35]

Positive on two fronts for fat cnts and lovers of extreme pain 👍

OK I've changed it.

Doing your own dentistry on 10:36 - Mar 28 with 982 viewsdickythorpe

Doing your own dentistry on 10:35 - Mar 28 by NotLoyal

Positive on two fronts for fat cnts and lovers of extreme pain 👍

It's a good point well put.......but seriously
Doing your own dentistry on 11:45 - Mar 28 with 910 viewsItchySphincter

Toofypegs, just ordered three packs off Amazon. The reason is dull but I’ve written it out anyway, venting.

I’ve been having ongoing treatment since November last year, now put on hold until September. Long story but had pain for approx a month while abroad, radiating from a dental bridge. Got home, saw dentist, X-rays, says nothing wrong, no decay, no inflamation, a month later back I go, dentist reluctantly and somewhat carelessly drills through bridge an announces that nerve in anchor tooth is dead and that it would have been painful, duh. As a result my bridge then snapped a along with the holding tooth he drilled through and I ended up with an infected root canal. Now waiting on an extraction due to the infection and faced with the prospect of a denture and then expensive implant.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Doing your own dentistry on 11:50 - Mar 28 with 909 viewsDarran

I stuck a red hot needle in an abscess once after about 8 pints of Bow didn’t cure the pain.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Doing your own dentistry on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 903 viewsdickythorpe

Doing your own dentistry on 11:50 - Mar 28 by Darran

I stuck a red hot needle in an abscess once after about 8 pints of Bow didn’t cure the pain.

Ooof!!!! Dar that's put me off my pasta and bog roll bake.
Doing your own dentistry on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 901 viewsdickythorpe

Doing your own dentistry on 11:45 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

Toofypegs, just ordered three packs off Amazon. The reason is dull but I’ve written it out anyway, venting.

I’ve been having ongoing treatment since November last year, now put on hold until September. Long story but had pain for approx a month while abroad, radiating from a dental bridge. Got home, saw dentist, X-rays, says nothing wrong, no decay, no inflamation, a month later back I go, dentist reluctantly and somewhat carelessly drills through bridge an announces that nerve in anchor tooth is dead and that it would have been painful, duh. As a result my bridge then snapped a along with the holding tooth he drilled through and I ended up with an infected root canal. Now waiting on an extraction due to the infection and faced with the prospect of a denture and then expensive implant.

That sounds horrific. Best wishes to you
Login to get fewer ads

Doing your own dentistry on 12:00 - Mar 28 with 891 viewsDarran

Doing your own dentistry on 11:53 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

Ooof!!!! Dar that's put me off my pasta and bog roll bake.

I’m a jack of all trades me Dick,I even took my own stitches out when I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago,I wasn’t wasting the GP’s time just for that.
Hard as fuçk see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Doing your own dentistry on 12:09 - Mar 28 with 876 viewschad

Doing your own dentistry on 11:45 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

Ooh nasty :(

I have Dentek, similar to toofypegs, to stick on any detached crown

If crown swallowed would also recommend a supply of large sandwich bags and lots of bleach
Doing your own dentistry on 12:16 - Mar 28 with 860 viewsdickythorpe

Doing your own dentistry on 12:00 - Mar 28 by Darran

I’m a jack of all trades me Dick,I even took my own stitches out when I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago,I wasn’t wasting the GP’s time just for that.
Hard as fuçk see.

You header!!
Doing your own dentistry on 12:28 - Mar 28 with 836 viewsCatullus

Doing your own dentistry on 12:16 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

You header!!

I'm sure he means no sense no feeling!

If anyone needs a tooth or two removed I've got a hammer on the end of a 2 metre pole, got to maintain social distancing.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Doing your own dentistry on 13:12 - Mar 28 with 802 viewsBillyChong

Doing your own dentistry on 12:28 - Mar 28 by Catullus

I'm sure he means no sense no feeling!

If anyone needs a tooth or two removed I've got a hammer on the end of a 2 metre pole, got to maintain social distancing.

I had toothache at Southampton away a few years ago and bought some temporary filling thing from Tesco to sort it out until the following week
Doing your own dentistry on 13:26 - Mar 28 with 785 viewsCatullus

Doing your own dentistry on 13:12 - Mar 28 by BillyChong

I had toothache at Southampton away a few years ago and bought some temporary filling thing from Tesco to sort it out until the following week

Polyfilla? Or is that only for Parrots?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Doing your own dentistry on 21:01 - Mar 28 with 714 viewsBillyChong

Doing your own dentistry on 13:26 - Mar 28 by Catullus

Polyfilla? Or is that only for Parrots?

It worked (along with numerous pints) whatever it was
Doing your own dentistry on 21:52 - Mar 28 with 685 viewsFlashberryjack

Doing your own dentistry on 12:00 - Mar 28 by Darran

Hard as fuçk see.

Dull as f*ck more like

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Doing your own dentistry on 22:32 - Mar 28 with 665 viewsNotLoyal

Doing your own dentistry on 13:12 - Mar 28 by BillyChong

This worked for me, I put aluminium foil in the cavity of a tooth once, whilst in the military. We were out in Albania at the time, had horrendous pain but it soon went. Not sure how, then after 5 days it went septic. Its a shame personal dentistry kits aren't available, it would be hilarious seeing the results on you tube.

OK I've changed it.

Doing your own dentistry on 23:10 - Mar 28 with 641 viewsJack123

i think the dentists are all still open? Mine phoned me the other day to cancel a routine check up, but said if you require any emergency treatment give us a call.

libera nos a malo

Doing your own dentistry on 10:38 - Mar 29 with 549 viewsdickythorpe

Doing your own dentistry on 23:10 - Mar 28 by Jack123

i think the dentists are all still open? Mine phoned me the other day to cancel a routine check up, but said if you require any emergency treatment give us a call.

Yeah, I said that at the end of my post.
Doing your own dentistry on 11:48 - Mar 29 with 521 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I managed to get an appointment with a Chinese dentist for Tuesday.

It’s at tooth hurtee.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Doing your own dentistry on 11:52 - Mar 29 with 517 viewsBDS

Dentists have been told they can't use turbine hand pieces or the three in one syringes due to the risk caused by the water spray, so even emergency treatment is minimal.
I believe they are being called into hospitals to provide treatment where teeth need to be opened up
At the moment it would seem painkillers antibiotics and maybe extraction of teeth is the only dental treatment available
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024