Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? 11:08 - Mar 29 with 14822 viewsladyjack

If Keir Starmer wins the Labour leadership contest will people that did not vote Labour at the last General Election now vote for the Labour party ?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:17 - Apr 5 with 701 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:13 - Apr 5 by 3swan

Can't find now but I read that Abbott had gone?

Yep - “stepped down” yesterday apparently. Jumped before she was pushed.

A rare moment of self-awareness.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 700 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:13 - Apr 5 by builthjack

What world do you live in? Odd thing to say.

Not at all. You are all dyed in the wool reds. (except for Trampie). A blue Governmental policy suits me better than a red one would. Much like a red one would suit you much better. A Labour Government costs me money and puts my job at risk like it does many others. Id have been out of a job in months under Corbyn. Many other would have gained significantly with his polices.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:22 - Apr 5 with 686 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:18 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Not at all. You are all dyed in the wool reds. (except for Trampie). A blue Governmental policy suits me better than a red one would. Much like a red one would suit you much better. A Labour Government costs me money and puts my job at risk like it does many others. Id have been out of a job in months under Corbyn. Many other would have gained significantly with his polices.

Why does a blue gov suit you better?
Why would you have been out of a job if Corbyn came in?
Are you a Tory Minister?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:28 - Apr 5 with 680 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 14:54 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

As much of an improvement as Starmer is on teh previous incumbent, im still struggling to get my head around Rayner being on the front bench, let alone the number 2. This is somebody who left school without a single qualification to her name and as far as im aware stil doesnt have any. How does that work then?

School qualifications are useless, the more schooling someone has the thicker they are, they tend not to be able to think for themselves and tend not to be good at problem solving.

Rayner has excelled in life, I take my hat off to her for what she has achieved, it's more people like her we could do with in Parliament.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:35 - Apr 5 with 667 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:10 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

I never called her thick. Point out where i did please? I said she has no qualifications and she has managed to get herself to the number 2 position on the shadow front bench.

What message does that send out? Those of us who spend years and years and years jumping through hoops, getting into loads of debt and wrking our balls off just so we get a piece of paper to get into a "qualified job" are now looking at somebody who has been put into a potentially super senior role in Government. Why bother with school? Why bother with college? Uni? Post grad? Then working your way up. Fck it, we can all be like her. She may well be outstanding, but remains to be seen. By merit you say? Like uhh, Corbyn and the rest of the incompetents you mean? Where was the merit there? Shes tarnished with that brush now im afriad

As for the Tory thing. Not sure i find that insulting im afraid Boomer.

Ah I get it now. You’re a snob.

Poll: Tory leader

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:36 - Apr 5 with 663 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:22 - Apr 5 by builthjack

Why does a blue gov suit you better?
Why would you have been out of a job if Corbyn came in?
Are you a Tory Minister?

Thankfully not. Im not fortunate enough to have been handed anything on a plate.

A Marxist Corbyn Government would have destroyed my entire client base as inward investment would have dried up, certainly in the short to medium term. No inflows = no revenue = no money to pay people = no job.

Im hoping Starmer is more savvy than that and is more along Blair lines than Corbyn. I accept people are tired of "the rich" (im definitely not one of those!) offshoring everything and my number 1 priority for any Government should be to get after the Corporates who arent paying their dues. Its always the populace who are being chased and not those who have the cash. I mean, would Amazon really not trade here if they were only making £4bn profit a year instead of £6bn? Bollox, course they would. As much as a Tory policy is better than a Marxist one, there needs to be something more in the middle as people have had a proper kicking since 2008 and the balance needs to be redressed a bit and move away from the inevitable Corporatocracy which will come - something i dont want either.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 16:37]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:37 - Apr 5 with 657 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:35 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Ah I get it now. You’re a snob.

Pedant

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:45 - Apr 5 with 635 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:36 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Thankfully not. Im not fortunate enough to have been handed anything on a plate.

A Marxist Corbyn Government would have destroyed my entire client base as inward investment would have dried up, certainly in the short to medium term. No inflows = no revenue = no money to pay people = no job.

Im hoping Starmer is more savvy than that and is more along Blair lines than Corbyn. I accept people are tired of "the rich" (im definitely not one of those!) offshoring everything and my number 1 priority for any Government should be to get after the Corporates who arent paying their dues. Its always the populace who are being chased and not those who have the cash. I mean, would Amazon really not trade here if they were only making £4bn profit a year instead of £6bn? Bollox, course they would. As much as a Tory policy is better than a Marxist one, there needs to be something more in the middle as people have had a proper kicking since 2008 and the balance needs to be redressed a bit and move away from the inevitable Corporatocracy which will come - something i dont want either.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 16:37]

You like it that there are classes then. Poor, rich etc

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:46 - Apr 5 with 633 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:10 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

I never called her thick. Point out where i did please? I said she has no qualifications and she has managed to get herself to the number 2 position on the shadow front bench.

What message does that send out? Those of us who spend years and years and years jumping through hoops, getting into loads of debt and wrking our balls off just so we get a piece of paper to get into a "qualified job" are now looking at somebody who has been put into a potentially super senior role in Government. Why bother with school? Why bother with college? Uni? Post grad? Then working your way up. Fck it, we can all be like her. She may well be outstanding, but remains to be seen. By merit you say? Like uhh, Corbyn and the rest of the incompetents you mean? Where was the merit there? Shes tarnished with that brush now im afriad

As for the Tory thing. Not sure i find that insulting im afraid Boomer.

Fvck me sideways.

Are you saying that you have go to uni to become a MP?

Why cant someone like Angela who obviously has half a brain (been to college) who has been a care worker for the council therefore has had a REAL job become a MP?

These types of people have experience of real people therefore in my humble opinion are better placed to represent their constituents rather some pompous upstart who has been to eton or oxbridge who has never been let alone lived amongst their constituents.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:48 - Apr 5 with 625 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:45 - Apr 5 by builthjack

You like it that there are classes then. Poor, rich etc

Depends on the definition, no? Im certainly not rich and never will be. But i was poor and used the current system to work my out of that and overachieved from the sh1t hand i was dealt like many of us are. Which is why i believe in it.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:49 - Apr 5 with 620 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:48 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Depends on the definition, no? Im certainly not rich and never will be. But i was poor and used the current system to work my out of that and overachieved from the sh1t hand i was dealt like many of us are. Which is why i believe in it.

I’m humming working class hero here.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 606 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:46 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

Fvck me sideways.

Are you saying that you have go to uni to become a MP?

Why cant someone like Angela who obviously has half a brain (been to college) who has been a care worker for the council therefore has had a REAL job become a MP?

These types of people have experience of real people therefore in my humble opinion are better placed to represent their constituents rather some pompous upstart who has been to eton or oxbridge who has never been let alone lived amongst their constituents.

No, as i have previously written above, im asking for a basic level of education in people who are supposed to be in positions of power when running the country. Not that much to ask is it?

Anyway. im well aware of the clowns on the opposite side of the Commons, and believe me i moan about most of them never having a real job between them in their lives as well.

Completely agree with your last paragraph, particularly for Departmental Ministers. They should have industry experience.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 602 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:49 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

I’m humming working class hero here.

Im from Neath ffs

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 584 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:55 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

No, as i have previously written above, im asking for a basic level of education in people who are supposed to be in positions of power when running the country. Not that much to ask is it?

Anyway. im well aware of the clowns on the opposite side of the Commons, and believe me i moan about most of them never having a real job between them in their lives as well.

Completely agree with your last paragraph, particularly for Departmental Ministers. They should have industry experience.

She has a basic level in education, shes been to college.

She is obviously clever otherwise for 1 she wouldnt be a MP and 2 she wouldnt have increased her majority in her working class constituency when brexit played a part in the tory majority increasing.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:07 - Apr 5 with 575 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:55 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Educational qualifications don't necessarily equate to intelligence.
Some people don't have the opportunities that others might have, perhaps one of their parents tragically die young and their other parent becomes very ill and they have to cope with that, perhaps there are no brothers and sisters and a very small family, perhaps their grandparents also die off when they are in school.
That person might be highly intelligent but have little chance of doing well in school because of the hand they were dealt, that person might be more intelligent than somebody that passes all their exams and go's to University and gets a degree.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:13 - Apr 5 with 561 viewsmonmouth

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:28 - Apr 5 by ladyjack

School qualifications are useless, the more schooling someone has the thicker they are, they tend not to be able to think for themselves and tend not to be good at problem solving.

Rayner has excelled in life, I take my hat off to her for what she has achieved, it's more people like her we could do with in Parliament.

That's just as ridiculous as the opposite argument Tramps, and you know it (edit, the first bit I mean. I'm with you on the last bit).

Poor old Poz. Being attacked and booted by nasty bullies like Clasie and Fireboy

I see where you are coming from Poz, and I wouldn't want an unqualified surgeon, or scientist, or accountant or lawyer come to that. But MP? Their biggest failing is that they are so out of touch with real people and real life, so yeah, more Angelas please. She is the epitome of self made. There's more than one way to cover a cat with cream.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 17:16]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 538 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:13 - Apr 5 by monmouth

That's just as ridiculous as the opposite argument Tramps, and you know it (edit, the first bit I mean. I'm with you on the last bit).

Poor old Poz. Being attacked and booted by nasty bullies like Clasie and Fireboy

I see where you are coming from Poz, and I wouldn't want an unqualified surgeon, or scientist, or accountant or lawyer come to that. But MP? Their biggest failing is that they are so out of touch with real people and real life, so yeah, more Angelas please. She is the epitome of self made. There's more than one way to cover a cat with cream.

No it's not they are institutionalised thickies who can't think for themselves.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:23 - Apr 5 with 534 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:13 - Apr 5 by monmouth

Justa bit of Sunday afternoon amusement. The Civil Servants are a touchy bunch.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:24 - Apr 5 with 525 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:23 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Oh it was a wind up. the age old backtrack for the terminally stupid.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:25 - Apr 5 with 521 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:23 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

So you still think Angela Rayner isn't bright enough to be an MP?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:26 - Apr 5 with 513 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyway, Nandy as shadow foreign secretary. Gardner, Trickett and Lavery all binned off. Good start.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:28 - Apr 5 with 505 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:24 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Oh it was a wind up. the age old backtrack for the terminally stupid.

Where did i say i was on a wind up?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:28 - Apr 5 with 503 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:25 - Apr 5 by builthjack

So you still think Angela Rayner isn't bright enough to be an MP?

When did i ever say she wasnt bright enough?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 491 viewsFireboy2

Does that mean you are wrong🤔
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:35 - Apr 5 with 477 viewsmonmouth

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:26 - Apr 5 by exiledclaseboy

Anyway, Nandy as shadow foreign secretary. Gardner, Trickett and Lavery all binned off. Good start.

It already feels like a different party. This is all such a breath of fresh air.

Never heard of Annelise Dodds. She'll have her work cut out. 'Dishy Rishi' (ffs) is the new Tory hero.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024