Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? 11:08 - Mar 29 with 14813 viewsladyjack

If Keir Starmer wins the Labour leadership contest will people that did not vote Labour at the last General Election now vote for the Labour party ?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:36 - Apr 5 with 684 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:31 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

Does that mean you are wrong🤔

Nope. She has done well to get where she is and i never disputed that. The ideal job for her would have been Shadow Health Minister imo. Square pegs in square holes. At least she can go do her GCSE's in her spare time now.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:41 - Apr 5 with 665 viewsDJack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:55 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Im from Neath ffs

NEATH!

You're fcking dead to me, now!

EDIT You're not, your.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 17:45]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:42 - Apr 5 with 662 viewsDJack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:36 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Nope. She has done well to get where she is and i never disputed that. The ideal job for her would have been Shadow Health Minister imo. Square pegs in square holes. At least she can go do her GCSE's in her spare time now.

OUCH! Your final sentance is horrific, put the shovel down.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:43 - Apr 5 with 661 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:41 - Apr 5 by DJack

NEATH!

You're fcking dead to me, now!

EDIT You're not, your.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 17:45]

From the slums

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 655 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:36 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

She won't need to do GCSE's in her situation, they would be next to useless for her now.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:45 - Apr 5 with 647 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:44 - Apr 5 by ladyjack

She won't need to do GCSE's in her situation, they would be next to useless for her now.

Not really. It would improve her education history signifcantly above that of the average Plaid counterpart.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:55 - Apr 5 with 626 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:45 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Not really. It would improve her education history signifcantly above that of the average Plaid counterpart.

I thought Plaids top young up and coming mp Ben Lake is a Trinity College Oxford job, British and European History and Politics or summit.
Liz Saville done languages and spoke Irish in the House of Commons recently, so if formal educational achievements are so important to you then she would have to do more than a few GCSE's to be up with some of Plaids lot.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:59 - Apr 5 with 612 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:55 - Apr 5 by ladyjack

I thought Plaids top young up and coming mp Ben Lake is a Trinity College Oxford job, British and European History and Politics or summit.
Liz Saville done languages and spoke Irish in the House of Commons recently, so if formal educational achievements are so important to you then she would have to do more than a few GCSE's to be up with some of Plaids lot.

I thought you disapproved of all things English tho? So surely an Oxbridge educated top up and comer would be disregarded as English filth to you?

Login to get fewer ads

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:03 - Apr 5 with 596 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:59 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

I thought you disapproved of all things English tho? So surely an Oxbridge educated top up and comer would be disregarded as English filth to you?

Hardly Lloegyr is the old country.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:06 - Apr 5 with 589 viewsmonmouth

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:55 - Apr 5 by ladyjack

Given your views expressed this evening on schooling and how it totally limits people's ability to think for themselves or problem solve, you must be horrified they are where they are and think that they are complete garbage then?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:08 - Apr 5 with 586 viewsCatullus

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:03 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

She has a basic level in education, shes been to college.

She is obviously clever otherwise for 1 she wouldnt be a MP and 2 she wouldnt have increased her majority in her working class constituency when brexit played a part in the tory majority increasing.

I'm not sure managing to become an MP guarantees you are clever but point 2 is well made, she is at the very least, streetwise.

I find Rayner a bit shouty but in the world she works in it's probably an advantage, too many priviliged males with posh accents probably looking down on a woman with a northern accent...she probably needed the fighting spirit. At least she understands an ordinary persons struggles.

If only people never weaponised a poor education. A good education never guaranteed intelligence. Hasn't politics proved that in spades.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:29 - Apr 5 with 570 viewsJoe_bradshaw

“the more schooling someone has the thicker they are, “

Plaid’s lot must be staggeringly thick then.

You should have said earlier. All that money that every country in the world spends on education and all they get for it is thicker people than when they started. Someone should tell them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:40 - Apr 5 with 551 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:29 - Apr 5 by Joe_bradshaw

“the more schooling someone has the thicker they are, “

Plaid’s lot must be staggeringly thick then.

You should have said earlier. All that money that every country in the world spends on education and all they get for it is thicker people than when they started. Someone should tell them.

It's a generalisation but it's true, they are in a bubble.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:45 - Apr 5 with 547 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:08 - Apr 5 by Catullus

I'm not sure managing to become an MP guarantees you are clever but point 2 is well made, she is at the very least, streetwise.

I find Rayner a bit shouty but in the world she works in it's probably an advantage, too many priviliged males with posh accents probably looking down on a woman with a northern accent...she probably needed the fighting spirit. At least she understands an ordinary persons struggles.

If only people never weaponised a poor education. A good education never guaranteed intelligence. Hasn't politics proved that in spades.

Yep, you are correct about northern ladies, i should know I am married to one 🤣 in fact most working class women are the same.

I cant wait for her and Keir to get started on the privileged.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:57 - Apr 5 with 525 viewslondonlisa2001

She has qualifications that are more advanced than GCSEs. She went back to college.

Not sure what part of that you don’t understand?

Btw - I’m not even remotely a lefty. Just in case that matters.

Edited to add - I was resisting by the way, but having read your post again I can’t. If she does some GCSEs do you think she’ll know, unlike you, there’s no apostrophe in GCSEs?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 19:07]
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 523 viewsraynor94

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:21 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

Definitely not the be all and end all absolutely. Ive seen some of the hardest working, most savvy employees come through the system on a apprentice type scheme with only A-Levels absolute blow the "high quality" privately educated graduates out of the water. But thats not really the norm.

Rayner must have something about her, tho (and im assuming loads here) that her mouth got her into her Union Rep job and i assume she did ok at it. Whether her style was a noisy aggressive one i dunno, but thatll need to be toned down if she ever gets near any of the corporate suits.

That said, i hope Starmer at least culls the nutters, a decent opposition is needed always.

So for all your qualifications, and intelligence, you didn't even know Starmer hadn't appointed her as deputy leader.

Some of the things you have posted about her are abhorrent.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:01 - Apr 5 with 523 viewsladyjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:06 - Apr 5 by monmouth

Given your views expressed this evening on schooling and how it totally limits people's ability to think for themselves or problem solve, you must be horrified they are where they are and think that they are complete garbage then?

Yes that is correct in lots of cases, I'm a fan of Leanne Wood and she has done loads of ordinary jobs and knocks spots off other politicians.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:02 - Apr 5 with 519 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:28 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

When did i ever say she wasnt bright enough?

You said she struggled to get around the fact that she could get to the front bench after having a poor education.
Go for a lie down mun.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:06 - Apr 5 with 506 viewsraynor94

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:02 - Apr 5 by builthjack

You said she struggled to get around the fact that she could get to the front bench after having a poor education.
Go for a lie down mun.

He's had an absolute mare!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:07 - Apr 5 with 500 viewsbuilthjack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:06 - Apr 5 by raynor94

He's had an absolute mare!

We all have the odd bad one, but this one is a stinker for him yes.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:25 - Apr 5 with 479 viewsAce_Jack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 16:10 - Apr 5 by PozuelosSideys

I never called her thick. Point out where i did please? I said she has no qualifications and she has managed to get herself to the number 2 position on the shadow front bench.

What message does that send out? Those of us who spend years and years and years jumping through hoops, getting into loads of debt and wrking our balls off just so we get a piece of paper to get into a "qualified job" are now looking at somebody who has been put into a potentially super senior role in Government. Why bother with school? Why bother with college? Uni? Post grad? Then working your way up. Fck it, we can all be like her. She may well be outstanding, but remains to be seen. By merit you say? Like uhh, Corbyn and the rest of the incompetents you mean? Where was the merit there? Shes tarnished with that brush now im afriad

As for the Tory thing. Not sure i find that insulting im afraid Boomer.

And people accuse the left of the politics of jealousy.

She left school at 16 because she was pregnant, put herself back into education as a single mother, and has grafted her way into one of the top positions in British politics outside of Government. It’s an aspiration story for the ages and it’s what the Labour Party should be about.

I’m sure it’s more comforting for some tories if teenage single mothers just sit in their council houses collecting benefits rather than going out and working and achieving because it validates their perverse worldview on the feckless underclasses weighing our country down. Just sit the rest of this one out maybe?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:28 - Apr 5 with 472 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:35 - Apr 5 by monmouth

It already feels like a different party. This is all such a breath of fresh air.

Never heard of Annelise Dodds. She'll have her work cut out. 'Dishy Rishi' (ffs) is the new Tory hero.

Until the reckoning comes...
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 466 viewsAce_Jack

As one of the resident labour members I’m finding the first 24 hours of Starmer as leader pleasantly surprising. I voted for nandy because I’m Blairite scum and I thought Keir was pitching too left but I sat through his entire marr interview and didn’t wince once which puts an end to my five year losing streak of nearly crying every time I saw the leader on TV giving an interview.

Corbyns been such a train wreck that basic competence comes across as a revolutionary concept. God I hope this lasts.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:33 - Apr 5 with 466 viewsLohengrin

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:25 - Apr 5 by Ace_Jack

And people accuse the left of the politics of jealousy.

She left school at 16 because she was pregnant, put herself back into education as a single mother, and has grafted her way into one of the top positions in British politics outside of Government. It’s an aspiration story for the ages and it’s what the Labour Party should be about.

I’m sure it’s more comforting for some tories if teenage single mothers just sit in their council houses collecting benefits rather than going out and working and achieving because it validates their perverse worldview on the feckless underclasses weighing our country down. Just sit the rest of this one out maybe?

”...their perverse worldview on the feckless underclasses weighing our country down.”

That was also very much the view of the Fabian Society as advanced in its heyday when it functioned as Labour’s Bloomsbury brains trust.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:34 - Apr 5 with 463 viewswaynekerr55

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 19:31 - Apr 5 by Ace_Jack

As one of the resident labour members I’m finding the first 24 hours of Starmer as leader pleasantly surprising. I voted for nandy because I’m Blairite scum and I thought Keir was pitching too left but I sat through his entire marr interview and didn’t wince once which puts an end to my five year losing streak of nearly crying every time I saw the leader on TV giving an interview.

Corbyns been such a train wreck that basic competence comes across as a revolutionary concept. God I hope this lasts.

Nah mate, you're clearly on the MSM - Murdoch - Zionist coolade

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024