Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak 17:46 - Apr 8 with 4973 viewsmonmouth

Is the next Prime Minister.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sunak on 00:20 - Apr 9 with 1552 viewsbuilthjack

Sunak on 00:16 - Apr 9 by STID2017

Boris Johnson's outcome from his current battle with the virus is a win-win for the Tory spin doctors.
God forbid the worst should happen but if it did, he would be hailed as a martyr and it would be a case of "Let's do it in memory of Boris"
Should he survive (and like every right-thinking person I hope he does), they would milk it to get every sympathy vote at every turn
Let's hope the people of Britain view this shambolic government for what they are and vote them out at the earliest opportunity

Well said Sir

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunak on 00:33 - Apr 9 with 1542 viewsraynor94

Sunak on 00:16 - Apr 9 by STID2017

Boris Johnson's outcome from his current battle with the virus is a win-win for the Tory spin doctors.
God forbid the worst should happen but if it did, he would be hailed as a martyr and it would be a case of "Let's do it in memory of Boris"
Should he survive (and like every right-thinking person I hope he does), they would milk it to get every sympathy vote at every turn
Let's hope the people of Britain view this shambolic government for what they are and vote them out at the earliest opportunity

5 years at the very earliest, at least I can vote Labour again now.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sunak on 01:27 - Apr 9 with 1514 viewsDJack

Sunak on 19:19 - Apr 8 by Catullus

The NHS should have been in better shape yes, no argument. However, how could they prepare for something they didn't know was coming?

They reacted to it and with hindsight we will see how good that reaction was, nobody expects a good outcome though, many more will die.

We can blame the tories for loads of things, rightfully so, but the Pandemic and the inevitable financial crisis?
In the same circumstances what would a Labour PM have done? Pretty much the same as the Tories or something much different?

"However, how could they prepare for something they didn't know was coming? "

There was/is a flu pamdemic plan which is currently being utilised you great big gulah! One of the problems was that Jeremy Hunt wouldn't pay for the equipment due to the cost and the other was Cummings plan to let old people die in the name of heard immunity was misguided as they didn't understand the actual numbers of deaths and the overwhelming (unbearable) strain upon the NHS.

At risk of receiving the evil eye off Spratty again, what's the weather like on your world?

EDIT to note that my point on the issue of the number of deaths was covered today on the CV thread.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 1:38]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sunak on 10:07 - Apr 9 with 1436 viewsWhiterockin

Sunak on 20:10 - Apr 8 by Fireboy2

Remember how the hero wartime leader churchill did in the 1945 election?

And Attlee made such a hash of it Churchill was back in 1951 and the Conservatives remained in power until 1964.
Sunak on 11:44 - Apr 9 with 1397 viewsCatullus

Sunak on 01:27 - Apr 9 by DJack

"However, how could they prepare for something they didn't know was coming? "

There was/is a flu pamdemic plan which is currently being utilised you great big gulah! One of the problems was that Jeremy Hunt wouldn't pay for the equipment due to the cost and the other was Cummings plan to let old people die in the name of heard immunity was misguided as they didn't understand the actual numbers of deaths and the overwhelming (unbearable) strain upon the NHS.

At risk of receiving the evil eye off Spratty again, what's the weather like on your world?

EDIT to note that my point on the issue of the number of deaths was covered today on the CV thread.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 1:38]

When did they put that plan into operation, before or after they realised this was a pandemic?

I can guarantee if the government had spent billions on something that hadn't yet happened people would be critical.

Just imagine if they'd opened the nightingale hospitals, staffed them and spent vast sums on PPE last January, what would people have been saying? Because if they'd done that they'd have been diverting funds from schools, the police, other parts of the NHS, the armed forces.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Having a plan is right, putting that plan into action before you need it isn't. That they were slow implementing it was the mistake.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sunak on 13:33 - Apr 9 with 1364 viewsFireboy2

Sunak on 10:07 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

And Attlee made such a hash of it Churchill was back in 1951 and the Conservatives remained in power until 1964.

They set up the NHS in their tenure though.
Sunak on 13:35 - Apr 9 with 1363 viewsdickythorpe

Sunak on 13:33 - Apr 9 by Fireboy2

They set up the NHS in their tenure though.

fireboy 2 wins the internet
Sunak on 15:59 - Apr 10 with 1284 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunak on 11:44 - Apr 9 by Catullus

When did they put that plan into operation, before or after they realised this was a pandemic?

I can guarantee if the government had spent billions on something that hadn't yet happened people would be critical.

Just imagine if they'd opened the nightingale hospitals, staffed them and spent vast sums on PPE last January, what would people have been saying? Because if they'd done that they'd have been diverting funds from schools, the police, other parts of the NHS, the armed forces.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Having a plan is right, putting that plan into action before you need it isn't. That they were slow implementing it was the mistake.

They just had to look at other countries to see what was coming.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunak on 18:35 - Apr 10 with 1228 viewsdeepdale81

This analysis by reuters is worth reading . https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-path-speci/special
Sunak on 18:44 - Apr 10 with 1226 viewscontroversial_jack

Almost a 1000 deaths today with 8,600 new cases. We are by far the worse affected by head of population.
Sunak on 18:57 - Apr 10 with 1216 viewsCatullus

Sunak on 18:44 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

Almost a 1000 deaths today with 8,600 new cases. We are by far the worse affected by head of population.

I thought France had it worse, roughly 2.7 million bigger population but near 13,000 deaths. And does anyone seriously believe China's announced circa 3,400 deaths?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sunak on 19:07 - Apr 10 with 1207 viewsNortbankboy

Sunak on 19:19 - Apr 8 by Catullus

The NHS should have been in better shape yes, no argument. However, how could they prepare for something they didn't know was coming?

They reacted to it and with hindsight we will see how good that reaction was, nobody expects a good outcome though, many more will die.

We can blame the tories for loads of things, rightfully so, but the Pandemic and the inevitable financial crisis?
In the same circumstances what would a Labour PM have done? Pretty much the same as the Tories or something much different?

Would Labour have wasted two weeks trying herd immunity?
And would Labour have said in these virus updates that pep was available
For nhs,when obviously it wasnt?
Sunak on 20:39 - Apr 10 with 1182 viewsBest_loser

Sunak on 19:07 - Apr 10 by Nortbankboy

Would Labour have wasted two weeks trying herd immunity?
And would Labour have said in these virus updates that pep was available
For nhs,when obviously it wasnt?

Had enough of man city has he
Sunak on 20:44 - Apr 10 with 1176 viewsexiledclaseboy

He’s not going to want to be Chancellor when all this is over.

Poll: Tory leader

Sunak on 20:57 - Apr 10 with 1164 viewsGaryjack

Sunak on 18:57 - Apr 10 by Catullus

I thought France had it worse, roughly 2.7 million bigger population but near 13,000 deaths. And does anyone seriously believe China's announced circa 3,400 deaths?

Jasper does, and he down arrows everyone who thinks otherwise!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024