Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96011 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:01 - Jul 20 with 1642 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:38 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

It was not a vote of confidence in the Welsh assembly there should have been three options on the ballot paper
1 given the assembly more power
2 keep the Assembly as it
3 abolish the Assembly

People who wanted to abolish the assembly would not had no choice so why would they have voted in a biased referendum.

The people of Wales should have a referendum keep the Assembly abolish the Assembly. It is 20 years since we had a referendum. If the Scottish insist they can have a referendum every 5 years why can't the people of Wales have one?

I see Drakeford has come in for universal condemnation for saying when he wins the election he won't stand for a full term.

Drakeford - same as Rhodri and Carwyn... 🤷‍♂️

I am hoping its Adam Price whatever.

No, sorry the people have spoken.
Its the will of the people.
We need a red, white and green senedd.

You know the drill ...

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:57 - Jul 21 with 1587 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:38 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

It was not a vote of confidence in the Welsh assembly there should have been three options on the ballot paper
1 given the assembly more power
2 keep the Assembly as it
3 abolish the Assembly

People who wanted to abolish the assembly would not had no choice so why would they have voted in a biased referendum.

The people of Wales should have a referendum keep the Assembly abolish the Assembly. It is 20 years since we had a referendum. If the Scottish insist they can have a referendum every 5 years why can't the people of Wales have one?

I see Drakeford has come in for universal condemnation for saying when he wins the election he won't stand for a full term.

Lets hope it happens Id imagine 'abolish the Assembly' would win with at least 60% of the vote.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:55 - Jul 21 with 1563 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:01 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Drakeford - same as Rhodri and Carwyn... 🤷‍♂️

I am hoping its Adam Price whatever.

No, sorry the people have spoken.
Its the will of the people.
We need a red, white and green senedd.

You know the drill ...

Latest poll held this June only 25% of Welsh people want independence, 48% want to remain part of UK, the rest either don't know or won't vote.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:29 - Jul 21 with 1579 viewsPrettyvisitor

Honestly absolutely baffling why people want to scrap the Senedd. Why should we be one of the only countries in the world without its own parliament?

If you're unhappy with what it's done in recent years then vote out the party that's in charge of it. The link between the people pushing this and the support of Brexit is massively ironic here, what happened to the want to be sovereign and not being controlled by a union whose parliament is hundreds of miles away?

Either way, there is only one actual Member that represents this abolish party so far, unelected on that platform may I add. So until they gain any actual representation in the form of elected Members the idea won't even be entertained and we can judge how much appetite there really is for it after the next elections. Bear in mind Plaid have 10 members and an independence referendum is quite a way off. Abolish would have to either gain control or at least become the second biggest party before this is even entertained.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:01 - Jul 21 with 1519 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:29 - Jul 21 by Prettyvisitor

Honestly absolutely baffling why people want to scrap the Senedd. Why should we be one of the only countries in the world without its own parliament?

If you're unhappy with what it's done in recent years then vote out the party that's in charge of it. The link between the people pushing this and the support of Brexit is massively ironic here, what happened to the want to be sovereign and not being controlled by a union whose parliament is hundreds of miles away?

Either way, there is only one actual Member that represents this abolish party so far, unelected on that platform may I add. So until they gain any actual representation in the form of elected Members the idea won't even be entertained and we can judge how much appetite there really is for it after the next elections. Bear in mind Plaid have 10 members and an independence referendum is quite a way off. Abolish would have to either gain control or at least become the second biggest party before this is even entertained.

Great post.

My observation is the same.
Its the thick tw@@ts who voted for the Brexit disaster that now want to scrap our elected Welsh Parliament.

Boot lickers to a man.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:14 - Jul 21 with 1471 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:29 - Jul 21 by Prettyvisitor

Because the country you live in is called the UK and nobody is suggesting abolishing the UK parliament.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:41 - Jul 21 with 1465 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:14 - Jul 21 by felixstowe_jack

Because the country you live in is called the UK and nobody is suggesting abolishing the UK parliament.

The nation we live in is called Wales.

And that is a fact.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:59 - Jul 21 with 1447 viewsraynor94

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:41 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

The nation we live in is called Wales.

And that is a fact.

Well my passport says United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and I have a Union Jack on my driving licence.

Proud to be British as well as Welsh.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:26 - Jul 21 with 1453 viewsBrynCartwright

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:59 - Jul 21 by raynor94

Well my passport says United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and I have a Union Jack on my driving licence.

I say stay part of UK.

I say keep the Senedd.

Back to the new site for me.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 06:48 - Jul 22 with 1422 viewsAndy1300

Funny that, so do I.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:18 - Jul 22 with 1357 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Trouble is some Welsh people cannot see the strength and support of the UK.

Just as well only 25% of Welsh people think independence is the answer.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:45 - Jul 22 with 1337 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:01 - Jul 21 by Kilkennyjack

Great post.

My observation is the same.
Its the thick tw@@ts who voted for the Brexit disaster that now want to scrap our elected Welsh Parliament.

Boot lickers to a man.

Boot lickers eh, at least we want to lick a British governments boots not the boots of foreign leaders who haven't been elected by the people of any country simply chosen by politicians, usually after much horse trading and in Von der Leyens case being the last minute change and only candidate who still only scraped over the bar.

Ever considered that you are licking the EU's boots Kilk? PS, that wasn't such a great post really because Wales has a Parliament that we return democratically elected representatives to, Westminster, the Parliament of the UK of which we are a member.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:13 - Sep 2 with 1169 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yet another excuse from the Welsh Assembly today. Over a week and they still have not contacted everyone on the flight from Zante.
Their excuse some people giving false contact details. Did they not think to ask TUI for the names and address of everyone on board.
All passengers have to provide passport details as well as their names and address when they book holidays that include flights

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:41 - Sep 2 with 1147 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:13 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Yet another excuse from the Welsh Assembly today. Over a week and they still have not contacted everyone on the flight from Zante.
Their excuse some people giving false contact details. Did they not think to ask TUI for the names and address of everyone on board.
All passengers have to provide passport details as well as their names and address when they book holidays that include flights

Too thick to think of that!

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:27 - Sep 2 with 1109 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:13 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

I thought exactly the same as you when Gething came out with that nonsense. Everyone on that plane had to check in with their passports, had to supply their contact details to TUI else how did they get their tickets? it's as if the Welsh Government/Senedd WP/WAG is filled with dullards.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:19 - Sep 2 with 1095 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:27 - Sep 2 by Catullus

I thought exactly the same as you when Gething came out with that nonsense. Everyone on that plane had to check in with their passports, had to supply their contact details to TUI else how did they get their tickets? it's as if the Welsh Government/Senedd WP/WAG is filled with dullards.

It’s not good enough. There may be instances where people have lied and given false details on the form and there may also be a reluctance from Tui to provide information re data protection legislation etc, but by reason of the fact that they are entering the UK via Cardiff airport which is owned by WAG, going through Border Force operated passport control which is part of the Home Office control immigration you’d have thought someone would have a grip on things. I went to Malta 6 months ago and they were checking temperatures etc. It’s a shambles at all levels.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:12 - Sep 2 with 1077 viewsKilkennyjack

This is the UK.
This is nothing to do with Wales or Welsh people.

Nye was right.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:13 - Sep 2 with 1076 viewsmajorraglan

Looks like it’s not just WAG who can’t contact passengers, it looks like this case in England they haven’t even contacted the airline to notify them of the problem and gain access to the information.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/02/race-to-track-200-people-on-flight

Regardless of one’s political allegiances, I think it’s becoming apparent to most of us that the people in charge are clowns and I include Boris and Drakers in that.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:15 - Sep 2 with 1072 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:45 - Jul 22 by Catullus

Boot lickers eh, at least we want to lick a British governments boots not the boots of foreign leaders who haven't been elected by the people of any country simply chosen by politicians, usually after much horse trading and in Von der Leyens case being the last minute change and only candidate who still only scraped over the bar.

Ever considered that you are licking the EU's boots Kilk? PS, that wasn't such a great post really because Wales has a Parliament that we return democratically elected representatives to, Westminster, the Parliament of the UK of which we are a member.

Boot lickers to England.
A foreign power.

Welsh people never voted to join the UK.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:16 - Sep 2 with 1070 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:13 - Sep 2 by majorraglan

Looks like it’s not just WAG who can’t contact passengers, it looks like this case in England they haven’t even contacted the airline to notify them of the problem and gain access to the information.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/02/race-to-track-200-people-on-flight

Regardless of one’s political allegiances, I think it’s becoming apparent to most of us that the people in charge are clowns and I include Boris and Drakers in that.

No such thing as WAG.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:13 - Sep 2 with 1053 viewsexhmrc1

The problem is that people are criticising the Senydd over issues that it has no control.

The issue of quarantine is a border issue which the UK government decides policy. The filling in of forms is Johnson's government responsibility. All PHW can do is follow up the details on the list provided. If people fill in the form showing they are Boris Johnson or David Beckham with false numbers then PHW wont be able to get hold of them.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:36 - Sep 2 with 1038 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:13 - Sep 2 by exhmrc1

The problem is that people are criticising the Senydd over issues that it has no control.

The issue of quarantine is a border issue which the UK government decides policy. The filling in of forms is Johnson's government responsibility. All PHW can do is follow up the details on the list provided. If people fill in the form showing they are Boris Johnson or David Beckham with false numbers then PHW wont be able to get hold of them.

Exactly.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 06:11 - Sep 3 with 1018 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:13 - Sep 2 by exhmrc1

Rubbish, why has Scotland imposed quarantine on certain arrivals then?

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:13 - Sep 3 with 992 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 06:11 - Sep 3 by Andy1300

Rubbish, why has Scotland imposed quarantine on certain arrivals then?

Scotland has different rules to Wales and has more matters devolved so possibly this has been devolved. The Air Bridges brought in by Johnson applies to Wales as it is not an area that Wales has control over. Read back on the other thread. Scotia actually said that. If you dont understand what devolution is then it just shows how ignorant you are and why you continually post false information. Health and Education are devolved matters. Border security isnt. Wales doesnt have its own border force.

The UK government is responsible for all border issues including immigration and customs. Anybody coming into Wales or England passes through UK border controls. Johnson sets border policy and has decided not to have quarantine from certain countries but have Air Bridges instead. You might notice if you look back on the other thread that I have been saying these Air Bridges were wrong whilst Scotia has been backing them. Vaughan Gething cannot impose quarantine. This has to be Boris Johnson.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:30 - Sep 3 with 984 viewsScotia

The major issue is that most of our polititicians are utter clowns. I hold out some hope for Starmer but we have to suffer four more years of Johnson or Sunak first.

It is no better in Cardiff - there is no clear alternative to the inedpt Drakeford. I quite like Jeremy Miles assuming Labour form a government after May, but who else could be in that government? But is there an alternative to Labour?

Adam Price is terrible under pressure and Plaid Cymru are stagnant in the polls at best, if Kirsty Williams is the best that the Lib Dems can can up with then they are obviously dead in the water too. Paul Davies and Roger Mellie are no option for the Tories.

I may be spoiling myballot paper at this rate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024