Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 91908 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 1097 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:52 - Jan 9 by johnlangy

Yes. But you said the English RAF.

A hypothetical situation but if Bristol was hit as badly as London is at the moment there may be a need for some patients from there to be transferred into Wales if there was capacity to take them. That would be a good thing.

He said English RAF because it was in terms of an independent Wales.

We can slate Bojo but it seems we are not allowed to slate Drakeford.

Saying there were differences pre Senedd is just deflection. We have had the Senedd/WAG/Assembly for over 20 years, when are we allowed to blame them for Welsh problems?

Are we not allowed to point out Wales hasn't even published a vaccination plan yet and is falling behind England?

Some people just defend Drakeford no matter what. My problem with Drakefords speech is that he talks to us like we are a bunch of retards, like we cannot understand the language let alone the message.
It's a bit like a stereotypical British tourist speaking slowly to a Spanish local because blydy foreigners!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:34 - Jan 9 with 1065 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:23 - Jan 9 by Catullus

He said English RAF because it was in terms of an independent Wales.

We can slate Bojo but it seems we are not allowed to slate Drakeford.

Saying there were differences pre Senedd is just deflection. We have had the Senedd/WAG/Assembly for over 20 years, when are we allowed to blame them for Welsh problems?

Are we not allowed to point out Wales hasn't even published a vaccination plan yet and is falling behind England?

Some people just defend Drakeford no matter what. My problem with Drakefords speech is that he talks to us like we are a bunch of retards, like we cannot understand the language let alone the message.
It's a bit like a stereotypical British tourist speaking slowly to a Spanish local because blydy foreigners!

Slating Drakeford is fine where it is justified. The problem is you and many others slate him regardless of the facts. As I pointed out Drakeford didnt change the 2 metre rule against his scientific advisers nor did he tell people everything would be gone by Christmas when that was clearly not going to be the case. He didnt open our borders to allow people to go on holidays and bring the virus back. These are just a few things he didnt do but Johnson did.

He did take longer to release the lockdown and he brought in the lockdown earlier than Johnson when Johnson was dithering. These are the real facts.

As far as age is concerned it is a fact that Wales has more people pro rata over 80. Nothing anyone can do about that. You could argue it is a success of the health policies of the Wag although there are probably other factors affecting it as well such as moving in here when they retire.

It is a fact that patients in Wales attend the doctors more often in Wales than England. There is greater demand here particularly in valley communities. My brother in law who is a retired GP has been going on about this for years.

These and other factors have been going on for years long before the Assembly got set up. A simple fact.

The Health board locally decided that the Pfizer vaccine be given first to NHS front line staff due to the difficulties transporting it. If front line NHS get it first then others including care homes and over 80s will have to wait longer. Something you have backed in the past. The figures show that the local health boards have vaccinated slightly more than the UK average. Some of the other health boards are behind in particular Betsi Cadwalladr. In fairness in Swansea the vast majority of NHS staff are within 10 miles of the vaccination centre. It is much more difficult in North Wales because of Geography. That could well be an issue there. A member of the Cardiff vaccination centre caught coronavirus so the other staff had to self isolate. This caused a delay there.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:57 - Jan 9 with 1044 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:34 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

Slating Drakeford is fine where it is justified. The problem is you and many others slate him regardless of the facts. As I pointed out Drakeford didnt change the 2 metre rule against his scientific advisers nor did he tell people everything would be gone by Christmas when that was clearly not going to be the case. He didnt open our borders to allow people to go on holidays and bring the virus back. These are just a few things he didnt do but Johnson did.

He did take longer to release the lockdown and he brought in the lockdown earlier than Johnson when Johnson was dithering. These are the real facts.

As far as age is concerned it is a fact that Wales has more people pro rata over 80. Nothing anyone can do about that. You could argue it is a success of the health policies of the Wag although there are probably other factors affecting it as well such as moving in here when they retire.

It is a fact that patients in Wales attend the doctors more often in Wales than England. There is greater demand here particularly in valley communities. My brother in law who is a retired GP has been going on about this for years.

These and other factors have been going on for years long before the Assembly got set up. A simple fact.

The Health board locally decided that the Pfizer vaccine be given first to NHS front line staff due to the difficulties transporting it. If front line NHS get it first then others including care homes and over 80s will have to wait longer. Something you have backed in the past. The figures show that the local health boards have vaccinated slightly more than the UK average. Some of the other health boards are behind in particular Betsi Cadwalladr. In fairness in Swansea the vast majority of NHS staff are within 10 miles of the vaccination centre. It is much more difficult in North Wales because of Geography. That could well be an issue there. A member of the Cardiff vaccination centre caught coronavirus so the other staff had to self isolate. This caused a delay there.

He put the country into a meaningless 2 week lockdown , just because he could .We all knew it meant more heartache for those already struggling to make ends meet and for what , Stop comparing Drakefords deeds with Johnsons. he's holding the mantle and since the availability of the 1st ( we're now on our 3rd version) its still not in any way shape of form an improvement on our immediate prospects . One of many reasons that the age profile in this country is of a rapidly aging one is because Drakefords active encouragement of the influx of OAPs from other parts of the country , even stating it was a positive , With little or no job prospects for the young of this nation ( unless of course you live in the SE corner ) then Wales have declining populations due to low birth rates and the outward migration of young people with an imbalance of elderly moving in and withit a drain on the country's health resources. No work no tax income just endless free prescriptions

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:12 - Jan 9 with 1032 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:57 - Jan 9 by Boundy

He put the country into a meaningless 2 week lockdown , just because he could .We all knew it meant more heartache for those already struggling to make ends meet and for what , Stop comparing Drakefords deeds with Johnsons. he's holding the mantle and since the availability of the 1st ( we're now on our 3rd version) its still not in any way shape of form an improvement on our immediate prospects . One of many reasons that the age profile in this country is of a rapidly aging one is because Drakefords active encouragement of the influx of OAPs from other parts of the country , even stating it was a positive , With little or no job prospects for the young of this nation ( unless of course you live in the SE corner ) then Wales have declining populations due to low birth rates and the outward migration of young people with an imbalance of elderly moving in and withit a drain on the country's health resources. No work no tax income just endless free prescriptions

It certainly wasnt a meaningless 2 week lockdown. It was necessary as figures escalated and a further lockdown has proved necessary just as it has across the border. Because he acted earlier the figures havent escalated as much and our figures are currently significantly lower. The figures today show Wales has 2373 as against England's 54257. Based on an pro rata basis England's figure would be 42714 again but is well over 11000 more.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:28 - Jan 9 with 1008 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:12 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

It certainly wasnt a meaningless 2 week lockdown. It was necessary as figures escalated and a further lockdown has proved necessary just as it has across the border. Because he acted earlier the figures havent escalated as much and our figures are currently significantly lower. The figures today show Wales has 2373 as against England's 54257. Based on an pro rata basis England's figure would be 42714 again but is well over 11000 more.

The firebreak was little to do Drakeford it was on the orders of his boss.

It wasn't meaningless, but it was incredibly badly handled. Especially going directly from lockdown to an almost free for all straight afterwards.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:36 - Jan 9 with 998 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:28 - Jan 9 by Scotia

The firebreak was little to do Drakeford it was on the orders of his boss.

It wasn't meaningless, but it was incredibly badly handled. Especially going directly from lockdown to an almost free for all straight afterwards.

Pubs can remain open, but must close at six o clock, oh, and they can't sell alcohol.

That was a beaut, I wonder how long it took Drakeford and his advisors to think that one up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:42 - Jan 9 with 991 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:34 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

I haven't slated him for any of the things you say though.

I have slated him for dithering, for a 2 week lockdown when a longer lockdown was obviously needed, for blaming Westminster for most things even in devolved areas, for writing to Bojo to ask him to shut the border...twice....instead of just doing it, for asking people not to do things not telling the, for stating the rules then saying they wouldn't be enforced, for saying they wouldn't make a new law because people would just break it, for going along with the Chritsmas bubble when it was an obvious cock up, for many things all of which were devolved powers and Drakeford had power to change...including the complete farce around the ring road and then when Bojo offered the money for it Drakeford said he wouldn't accept any extra money if it came for specific things because Wales would decide.
I blame the Senedd for changing the voting system without a public mandate, for having consultations and not listening but doing what they want (are they going to increase their numbers?) and I blame them for waiting til the very last minute to close schools causing chaos for schools and parents.

I'm sure I've missed stuff too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:59 - Jan 9 with 977 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:42 - Jan 9 by Catullus

I haven't slated him for any of the things you say though.

I have slated him for dithering, for a 2 week lockdown when a longer lockdown was obviously needed, for blaming Westminster for most things even in devolved areas, for writing to Bojo to ask him to shut the border...twice....instead of just doing it, for asking people not to do things not telling the, for stating the rules then saying they wouldn't be enforced, for saying they wouldn't make a new law because people would just break it, for going along with the Chritsmas bubble when it was an obvious cock up, for many things all of which were devolved powers and Drakeford had power to change...including the complete farce around the ring road and then when Bojo offered the money for it Drakeford said he wouldn't accept any extra money if it came for specific things because Wales would decide.
I blame the Senedd for changing the voting system without a public mandate, for having consultations and not listening but doing what they want (are they going to increase their numbers?) and I blame them for waiting til the very last minute to close schools causing chaos for schools and parents.

I'm sure I've missed stuff too.

Tweet from Huw Edwards. BBC Reporter.

"Frontline NHS doctor: ‘Wondering why vaccination planning is such a shambles. Clerical staff getting vaccinated before frontline workers, rushed inadequate last minute planning despite us knowing for months vaccines were being developed.’ Partisan? No. Relevant? Yes. #COVID19"

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:43 - Jan 9 with 957 viewsexhmrc1

To anyone interested I have picked this up. Especially for those living in Swansea Bay Health Board

The Covid-19 vaccination campaign is now well underway in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot with almost 9,000 people vaccinated already. Vaccinations in care homes have started, and from next week people over the age of 80 will begin getting invitations for their jab from their GP surgeries. We will then be working through the other priority groups.
Please do not ring your surgery to make inquiries. You will be sent an appointment when your turn comes.
To find out more: https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/.../covid-19-vaccination.../
It would be great if you can pass this post on to others. Thanks.😃
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly (n/t) on 19:16 - Jan 9 with 941 viewsexhmrc1

The GP Covid-19 vaccination programme for over 80s has started! It kicked off today at Killay Medical Centre with 100 patients booked in for their first dose at a special Saturday clinic.
Among the first to get it was 82-year-old Marcia Sturk, who said: “I was happy to get my vaccination, not just to protect myself, but to protect others too.”
There are around 1,800 patients aged over 80 on the surgery’s list alone, and across Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, the total number of people aged 80+ is approximately 24,000.
All 49 GP practices in Swansea Bay have signed up to deliver the first Covid-19 vaccination to the patients in this age group. The plan is to get around them all with a first dose of the vaccine in the next few weeks.
The surgeries will be contacting patients directly, by telephone or letter, to arrange an appointment, so please DO NOT ring them yourselves, as staff need to get on with their work. And remember, the vaccination is free, so we will never ask you for any bank or financial details (beware of scammers.)
Killay Medical Centre’s Dr Chris Johns said he was delighted to begin vaccinating his patients.
“We are very pleased to be involved and begin these vaccinations. It feels like it’s been a long time coming, but we’ve started at last.
“We will be vaccinating 100 people today and as well as holding special clinics in the surgery we are also looking at using some community venues as well to help us get around everyone.”
He added:
“I also want to remind patients that even when they get their vaccination, it’s important to keep on taking social distancing precautions.”
- Wash hands regularly
- Wear a face covering in enclosed public building
- Keep two metres from people you don’t live with
Appointments have started going out from GP practices across Swansea Bay, and from next week many more surgeries will begin vaccinating.
Vaccinations are also well underway in care homes in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
There are nine priority groups for the vaccine, and we hope to have covered the first four (below) by the middle of February:
1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. all those 75 years of age and over
4. all those 70 years of age and over; and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
Again a reminder — please DO NOT ring your surgery or our hospitals. You will receive an invitation directly when your turn comes. Vaccinations will be delivered at a variety of venues: at a hospital, GP surgery, community building, in your home (if you are housebound) or at one of our mass vaccination centres which are opening. You will get full details of your appointment when you are contacted.
We will be updating again shortly with more information about the vaccination roll out in Swansea Bay.
You can also find information on our website: https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/coronavirus-covid-19/information
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:16]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:17 - Jan 9 with 939 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:59 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

Tweet from Huw Edwards. BBC Reporter.

"Frontline NHS doctor: ‘Wondering why vaccination planning is such a shambles. Clerical staff getting vaccinated before frontline workers, rushed inadequate last minute planning despite us knowing for months vaccines were being developed.’ Partisan? No. Relevant? Yes. #COVID19"

If this is true (and I am not doubting it) they should name the Trust and there should be an investigation. People should be held to account.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 923 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:17 - Jan 9 by majorraglan

If this is true (and I am not doubting it) they should name the Trust and there should be an investigation. People should be held to account.

It's the public sector. Nobody will be held to account.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:53 - Jan 9 with 916 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:43 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

To anyone interested I have picked this up. Especially for those living in Swansea Bay Health Board

The Covid-19 vaccination campaign is now well underway in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot with almost 9,000 people vaccinated already. Vaccinations in care homes have started, and from next week people over the age of 80 will begin getting invitations for their jab from their GP surgeries. We will then be working through the other priority groups.
Please do not ring your surgery to make inquiries. You will be sent an appointment when your turn comes.
To find out more: https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/.../covid-19-vaccination.../
It would be great if you can pass this post on to others. Thanks.😃

I read that on facebook, someone is telling porkies, not one of the over eighties I know locally, have received either, the vaccine, or notification when they are going to get it.

It also says on tha FB post "next week people over the age of 80 will begin getting invitations for their jab from their GP surgeries"

I'm pretty sure we were told that your appointments to have the vaccine would come direct from "Public Health Wales" and not from GP Surgeries.

Anyway, there won't be any vaccine appointments going out from one large GP Practise I know, as they have already been told not to expect delivery of the Oxford vaccine for at least another 2 weeks, and that is fact.

The practise managers words were "Utter shambles"

Hello

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:00 - Jan 9 with 912 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:53 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

I read that on facebook, someone is telling porkies, not one of the over eighties I know locally, have received either, the vaccine, or notification when they are going to get it.

It also says on tha FB post "next week people over the age of 80 will begin getting invitations for their jab from their GP surgeries"

I'm pretty sure we were told that your appointments to have the vaccine would come direct from "Public Health Wales" and not from GP Surgeries.

Anyway, there won't be any vaccine appointments going out from one large GP Practise I know, as they have already been told not to expect delivery of the Oxford vaccine for at least another 2 weeks, and that is fact.

If you read the full article what is says is that over 80s are being done in their surgeries and other groups are likely to be called to the centres. Clearly they are trying to get over 80s done locally. I, for one dont doubt Chris Johns. I was a patient in Killay and found him and all the staff there excellent including doctors, nurses and receptionists.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:19 - Jan 9 with 895 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:53 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

My mums just turned 90 (with a heart condition), lives on her own and not a word .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:30 - Jan 9 with 893 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:00 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

If you read the full article what is says is that over 80s are being done in their surgeries and other groups are likely to be called to the centres. Clearly they are trying to get over 80s done locally. I, for one dont doubt Chris Johns. I was a patient in Killay and found him and all the staff there excellent including doctors, nurses and receptionists.

Yes, yes, I know what they are saying what they are going to do, but I want to know when they are going to do it.

As I've already told you, one of the largest GP Surgeries I know won't be getting the vaccine for at least a fortnight, so in my rough estimations most over eighties will wait another 3 weeks before having their first jab.

With regard to you mentioning NHS staff, I have nothing but the highest admiration for every single one of them, they are Lions being led by Donkeys.

Hello

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:48 - Jan 9 with 874 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:17 - Jan 9 by majorraglan

I expect more than one trust has given vaccinations to clerical staff when people working on the wards haven't had it.

I know SBUHB has done it! I know an admin worker who had the jab

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:49 - Jan 9 with 876 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:30 - Jan 9 by Flashberryjack

Yes, yes, I know what they are saying what they are going to do, but I want to know when they are going to do it.

As I've already told you, one of the largest GP Surgeries I know won't be getting the vaccine for at least a fortnight, so in my rough estimations most over eighties will wait another 3 weeks before having their first jab.

With regard to you mentioning NHS staff, I have nothing but the highest admiration for every single one of them, they are Lions being led by Donkeys.

Well Sketty and Killay practice is one of Wales largest and they have started vaccinating over 80s. I have been told tonight that Cwmtawe Medical Group has completed all its nursing homes this week and is starting vaccinating over 80s from Monday. My mate is in a care home in Pontardawe and is being vaccinated this week and a neighbour who works in a different nursing home is being vaccinated this week as well.

The problem is you can only give the number of vaccinations you get and this week Wales had 22000 and next week will have 25000. Drakeford has been told we are going to get 80000 the following week but doesnt know what will happen after so it does make planning difficult. Hopefully we will get the 80000 or more in future but nobody knows for definite how many we are going to get.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:58 - Jan 9 with 862 viewsScotia

I've had a bit of a mad one today.

5+ years ago we used to do respite care for a woman with learning difficulties. My wife and I are still on the books of social services and today we had a text giving us a number to arrange for me to have the first dose I'm Margam Orangery.

I don't need it and they are obviously covering as many carers as possible but really good to see.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:35 - Jan 9 with 849 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:32 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

The reality is that Drakeford is currently doing better. As of 3 Jan Wales had a 7 day figure of 497.2 per 100,000 As against England 626.2. The English daily figures have rocketed since then whilst the Welsh daily figures have fallen. As an example Wales yesterday had 2487 and England 61757. the equivalent amount for England using the Welsh figure would be roughly 45000. England would have had roughly 17000 less cases if they had the same rate as Wales. The day before yesterday Wales had 1718 cases and England had 56050. Had England had the same rate as Wales they would have had roughly 31000. 25000 less cases than it currently has but your interest is slating Drakeford rather than using current data.

Respect to this guy .... ☝️

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:40 - Jan 9 with 844 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:24 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

It isnt only the figures last year Wales assisted England by providing PPE. The Drakeford slaggers never mention that. It is anything to knock the assembly and Drakeford in particular for some. The reality is that there are differences between Wales and England and these were going on long before the Assembly was set up. There is a difference in demands of the health service locally. Valley communities have more demand than more affluent areas like Killay. There are more over 80s pro rata in Wales than the other UK countries.

Compare Drakeford and Johnson.
Who was it that said everything would be back to normal by Christmas.
Who was it that opened up sports stadia to fans and was forced to close it twice.
Who ignored scientific and medical advice and went to a 1 metre plus rule.
Who allowed people to come into the UK infected due to demands of the travel industry.
Who locked down too late in the first place.
Who brought in the scheme to encourage people to go to pubs to eat out which has led to an increase in the rate of the virus.

Drakeford isnt perfect in any way but generally his decisions over the virus have been better.

As for Drakeford speaking slowly I doubt that is his normal way of speech. He spent years in England in university. He has spent many years as a lecturer dealing with students from all countries. He has had to make sure people can understand him. No doubt that has led to him speaking more slowly.

My mothers cousins husband is a native new yorker. I have been to stay with them and they have been over here. He has difficulty understanding me because as he says us Welsh sing as we speak. I have learned to speak more slowly when speaking to Americans to try and overcome this. No doubt Drakeford has found the same over his accent over the years and has been speaking slowly for this reason. Listen to his replies in Welsh. They arent any near as slow. The West Walian accent is quite difficult for some especially outside Wales to pick up.

Its almost like Drakeford cares and Johnson does not give a tosh .... 😎👏

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:46 - Jan 9 with 841 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:12 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

This guy .... ☝️

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:03 - Jan 9 with 834 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:19 - Jan 9 by Boundy

My mums just turned 90 (with a heart condition), lives on her own and not a word .

I hope she gets the call next week ... 🙏🏿

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:38 - Jan 9 with 819 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:03 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

I hope she gets the call next week ... 🙏🏿

Today's tests
% of tests that were positive
Wales 12.4
England 9.8
UK average 9.5
NI 9.3
Scotland 8.7

PHW only managed 3% of the UK tests based on Wales population they should be doing 4.5%

It seems cases in Wales should be 50% higher if PHW could manage the same rate of testing as the rest of the UK.

WHY is Drakeford not asking a very simple question why is Wales failing to test?

Total Cases per 100,000
Wales 5331
England 4643
Ni 4625
Scotland 2707

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:54 - Jan 9 with 822 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:48 - Jan 9 by Catullus

I expect more than one trust has given vaccinations to clerical staff when people working on the wards haven't had it.

I know SBUHB has done it! I know an admin worker who had the jab

I suppose it depends what the admin worker is doing. If it is a ward receptionist they are in the middle of it. If it is someone working on say personnel in headquarters they are not. It is very difficult to decide who and what is a front line worker. A ward receptionist in a covid ward is at risk. What about a domestic in a covid ward. Are they more or less likely to catch it than someone who is in a hospital with no covid. I would say anybody working on or visiting a ward is a front line worker irrespective of what they do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024