Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Mayor Sadiq Khan 20:23 - Jun 10 with 25561 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

London mayor Sadiq Khan promised today that he will begin the process of pulling down ‘inappropriate’ statues around London — after Bristolians dumped the statue of slave trader Edward Colston in the river at the weekend.

To investigate London’s landmarks, Khan has created a ‘Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm’ which will review statues and street names in the capital to make sure they reflect the diversity of its people. Khan said he expected the commission to find that it’s ‘not appropriate to be memorialising, or to be celebrating’ certain figures, especially those with a racist past and links to the slave trade.

In 2018, he proudly unveiled a statue of the suffragist Millicent Fawcett — the first-ever statue in Parliament Square of a woman. At the time, Khan declared that ‘from the very first week of my Mayoralty, I supported Caroline Criado Perez’s campaign to put up a statue of a woman in Parliament Square, and I’m so proud that the day of its unveiling is now upon us.’

But while Fawcett is mostly celebrated today for the campaign for women’s suffrage, less well-known is her ardent support of the British Empire. Fawcett was such a fan of Empire, that in 1901 she was commissioned by the government to lead an investigation into British concentration camps in South Africa during the second Boer war, after high mortality rates and appalling conditions were reported there.

When she arrived, Fawcett thought the camps were deeply necessary for the war, and her eventual report said the commission had a ‘generally favourable’ view of them. She also suggested that many of the deaths were caused by the ‘unsanitary habits’ of the Boers. Around 28,000 Boers died in the camps.

Fawcett didn’t have much thought for the participation of Black Africans in society after the war either. In 1899, she wrote that after the settlement of the war;
‘I hope we are too deeply pledged to the principle of equal privileges for all white races to abandon it.’

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/will-sadiq-khan-have-to-knock-down-millicent
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think Sadiq will include his pet project in the list of 'inappropriate' statues he intends to tear down? It begs the question as to whether he is engaging with this exercise simply to boost his personal popularity, considering he proudly unveiled such a statue himself less than two years ago.

The man is a colossal hypocrite.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 1887 viewsDarran

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 18:59 - Jun 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sadiq's London.

Do statues and memorials always have to be covered up when protests take place in London? I do not think so. Those planning to vandalise statues and memorials this weekend are criminals, not protesters.

Well said my friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 19:23 - Jun 12 with 1868 viewsGaryjack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:49 - Jun 12 by Drizzy

Half the crap you post from Twitter is utter bollocks, Daz. Like the video of the "old Trump supporter" being hit by a supposed BLM protester which was from 2011.

You care more about Diane Abbott's clumsy wording than the fact she receives horrific racist abuse on a daily abuse.

You care about the crimes George Floyd committed in 2011, which he went to prison for, than the fact he was killed over a counterfeit $20 bill.

Incessant race-baiting hiding behind the veneer of truth-seeking. What a pathetic man you've become.

You missed the bit about him being high on crystal meth and about to drive his car mind, but hey that doesn't suit your agenda does it.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 19:39 - Jun 12 with 1852 viewsJackSomething

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:57 - Jun 12 by chad

Ah, no comment on how your repeated demands for balance always seem so one sided?

Yes of course you ignore my posts, that is why you choose to respond to them with derogatory comments. Dear me, you are actually so obsessed with the detail of them, that you even berated me about how long it took me too reply to another poster.

If that is all you have then I suggest you chill, if you don’t like my posts ignore them, if you want to reply fine I am always interested to hear what people have to say, but just trying to personally put someone down doesn’t reflect well on you as an argument. But don’t worry we women have suffered such prejudice for years, so I am well used to it.

Actually as a person I am certainly not arrogant enough to set myself up as a judge of what others may or may not believe is worthy of their time. I did imply to another poster that my arse was fragrant recently but I think he understood that was just a joke rather than self flattery. Other than that I perceive myself no better or worse than any other person.

It was you who seemed obsessed with the voting, but thank you for your time, and for keeping mart6 company as s/he must feel lonely at times, however I admire people willing to stand out against the crowd, although downvoting condemnation of Discrimination may be seen as a little controversial just now.

Please show these one sided demands for balance.

Nice attempt to portray yourself as a victim, just adds to the pompous arse persona you've perfected.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 20:38 - Jun 12 with 1811 viewsDrizzy

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 19:23 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

You missed the bit about him being high on crystal meth and about to drive his car mind, but hey that doesn't suit your agenda does it.

Meth stays in your blood for 2 days and there's no evidence to suggest he was "high" when he was murdered. Using drugs does not mean you deserve to be killed.

What's my agenda, mate?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 09:26 - Jun 15 with 1735 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Under Khan burglary is up 38%, robbery up 73%, knife crime up 39%. It has taken him two years to come up with a knife crime strategy which is the biggest threat to life in London.
Yet in one night he decided to have a review of statues in London.
Clearly he is virtue signalling rather than cracking down on crime.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:23 - Jun 15 with 1697 viewsCatullus

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 09:26 - Jun 15 by felixstowe_jack

Under Khan burglary is up 38%, robbery up 73%, knife crime up 39%. It has taken him two years to come up with a knife crime strategy which is the biggest threat to life in London.

Maybe allowing crime to rise is part of the plan. He can claim underfunding, he can claim it is Bojo's fault for the police cutbacks, he can blame the government and plenty of people will listen to that.
It'd be akin to the WG blaming Westminster for everything, even in devolved matters. Politicians are always looking for someone else to blame, usually to help cover up their own inadequacies.
The buck has to stop somewhere.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:48 - Jun 15 with 1668 viewsfelixstowe_jack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:23 - Jun 15 by Catullus

Maybe allowing crime to rise is part of the plan. He can claim underfunding, he can claim it is Bojo's fault for the police cutbacks, he can blame the government and plenty of people will listen to that.
It'd be akin to the WG blaming Westminster for everything, even in devolved matters. Politicians are always looking for someone else to blame, usually to help cover up their own inadequacies.

Yes the elected Mayor he has the powers he needs to sort it out.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:57 - Jun 15 with 1658 viewsHighjack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:48 - Jun 15 by felixstowe_jack

Yes the elected Mayor he has the powers he needs to sort it out.

In fairness to him and the police London is very safe in general for a big city and it can’t be an easy job considering there’s a population about three or four times that of the whole of Wales crammed into a relatively tiny area.

But there does seem to be a reluctance to clamp down on the knife crime and the gang culture in certain pockets. It’s almost like the grooming gangs all over again, they’d rather allow the crime to happen and turn a blind eye rather than implement policies such as stop and search or punish people caught with knives more harshly in case it’s perceived as racist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:58 - Jun 15 with 1656 viewscontroversial_jack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:57 - Jun 15 by Highjack

In fairness to him and the police London is very safe in general for a big city and it can’t be an easy job considering there’s a population about three or four times that of the whole of Wales crammed into a relatively tiny area.

But there does seem to be a reluctance to clamp down on the knife crime and the gang culture in certain pockets. It’s almost like the grooming gangs all over again, they’d rather allow the crime to happen and turn a blind eye rather than implement policies such as stop and search or punish people caught with knives more harshly in case it’s perceived as racist.

London is as safe as any of comparable size
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:59 - Jun 15 with 1655 viewsHighjack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:58 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

Yes that’s what I said.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 12:06 - Jun 15 with 1635 viewsfelixstowe_jack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:58 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

Yes but could be a lot safer if there was a clamp down on knife crimes and drive by shootings.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 12:12 - Jun 15 with 1628 viewsHumpty

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 10:23 - Jun 15 by Catullus

So is that what you think?

Khan is deliberately allowing crime to rise. He wants more crime for his own nefarious needs?
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:24 - Jun 15 with 1597 viewsDrizzy

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 09:26 - Jun 15 by felixstowe_jack

What is it with the right and their inability to fact-check literally anything?

Robbery is up 41% since he was elected. In the last decade, robbery was at its highest from 2010-2013.

Knife crime is up 20% since he got elected. It's sadly reflective of rising knife crime throughout the country.

Burglaries went down 4% from last year and like robberies, were higher in 2010-2013.

Since Brexit, the crime rate is up 26% in the UK and race hate crimes are up 60%. Clearly it's emboldened thugs and racists rather than ordinary people seeking sovereignity.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:32 - Jun 15 with 1582 viewsJango

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:24 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

Robbery is up 41% since he was elected. In the last decade, robbery was at its highest from 2010-2013.

Knife crime is up 20% since he got elected. It's sadly reflective of rising knife crime throughout the country.

Burglaries went down 4% from last year and like robberies, were higher in 2010-2013.

Since Brexit, the crime rate is up 26% in the UK and race hate crimes are up 60%. Clearly it's emboldened thugs and racists rather than ordinary people seeking sovereignity.

I suppose you don’t think bitter remainers calling anyone who voted leave thick racist gammon fir the last 3.5 years has any impact on hate crimes.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:43 - Jun 15 with 1559 viewsDrizzy

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:32 - Jun 15 by Jango

I suppose you don’t think bitter remainers calling anyone who voted leave thick racist gammon fir the last 3.5 years has any impact on hate crimes.

Poor racists. They only went out and committed race hate crimes because they were upset at being called racist.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:58 - Jun 15 with 1534 viewsHumpty

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:43 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

Poor racists. They only went out and committed race hate crimes because they were upset at being called racist.

Don't call em thick mind.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:09 - Jun 15 with 1518 viewsJango

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:43 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

The constant whining and false accusations will have raised tensions no doubt, but on both sides not just from brexiteers, which you seem to be suggesting. No surprise there really.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:18 - Jun 15 with 1513 viewsDrizzy

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:09 - Jun 15 by Jango

The constant whining and false accusations will have raised tensions no doubt, but on both sides not just from brexiteers, which you seem to be suggesting. No surprise there really.

So you're equating whining with race hate crimes.

Jesus.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:46 - Jun 15 with 1487 viewsJango

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:18 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

So you're equating whining with race hate crimes.

Jesus.

No I’d suggest the remainers in parliament and remainer celebrities continuously calling anyone who voted leave, thick, racist, bigots, gammon etc. Hasn’t done the tensions any good on either side. Especially when they’ve got people like you lapping it all up and abusing anyone with a different opinion.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:53 - Jun 15 with 1481 viewsDarran

Why can’t people just say he comes across as a right cock regardless of the colour of his skin and the he appears to have done a shit job?

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:15 - Jun 15 with 1457 viewsJango

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 13:24 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

This prat O’Brien is the perfect example of a monotonous muppet with a platform continuously spreading hate and division.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:43 - Jun 15 with 1430 viewsDarran

Levi Benjamin live in Sky News isn’t very impressed with Khan anyway.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:45 - Jun 15 with 1429 viewsDrizzy

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 14:46 - Jun 15 by Jango

No I’d suggest the remainers in parliament and remainer celebrities continuously calling anyone who voted leave, thick, racist, bigots, gammon etc. Hasn’t done the tensions any good on either side. Especially when they’ve got people like you lapping it all up and abusing anyone with a different opinion.

So your response to the proliferation of race hate crimes is that Remainers have stoked tensions too.

I'll quite happily lap up anti-racism and challenge anyone with such cancerous beliefs. If only you could do the same and not expend so much effort excusing it.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:48 - Jun 15 with 1424 viewsHighjack

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:15 - Jun 15 by Jango

This prat O’Brien is the perfect example of a monotonous muppet with a platform continuously spreading hate and division.

He is a right miserable sod isn’t he?

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:52 - Jun 15 with 1412 viewsJango

London Mayor Sadiq Khan on 15:45 - Jun 15 by Drizzy

So your response to the proliferation of race hate crimes is that Remainers have stoked tensions too.

I'll quite happily lap up anti-racism and challenge anyone with such cancerous beliefs. If only you could do the same and not expend so much effort excusing it.

You blamed it on brexiteers, you’ve got no proof of that for a start and I’m saying there’s been hatred from both sides so to point the finger in one direction is pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024