Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The plane over the Etihad 21:20 - Jun 22 with 19488 viewsDarran

This is an interesting one. Can they really ban people for that?

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2020/june/club-statement/#.XvENSVYQJpI.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The plane over the Etihad on 18:45 - Jun 23 with 1095 viewsLeonWasGod

The plane over the Etihad on 15:29 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Trouble is, Leon, when John said that white folk aren’t targeted that’s his experience. That’s mine too and probably yours but Fieryjack, who leans about as far left as it’s possible to get without falling over, says that has been his experience of modern day Bradford I’m inclined to believe him. Are you?

I don't know Fieryjack, but have no reason to not believe him. Anyone would be naive to think we haven't got racial tensions and issues in our cities. It's what we're trying to move away from, but nobody said it's simple, one-sided or easily resolvable.
The plane over the Etihad on 18:56 - Jun 23 with 1065 viewslondonlisa2001

The plane over the Etihad on 18:38 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Are you able to break that down by racial percentage?

No. It’s done by poverty (relative poverty) rather than ethnicity. Ethnicity stats are given separately but not also by socio-economic grouping.

The reality is that many kids living in poverty are from an ethnic minority background.

But when you take bursaries, for example, at both Oxford and Cambridge they are unlimited - it’s only a matter of coming from a family with less than ‘x’ household income. So any number of black kids, or Asian kids, can’t take away the financial support from a poor white kid if the poor white kid is good enough.

Don’t bother taking me on on this one Loh. It is my number one political driver. Enabling children from ‘poorer’ or ‘ordinary’ backgrounds (whatever their colour) to get to the best universities and into great employers either from university or via apprenticeships. Any programme, or bursary which helps do that will have my support.

But the whole system needs to change. One of the reasons a kid in Penlan (one of your examples) may not go to Oxbridge, is that they are really unlikely to try to go to Oxbridge. And some of the fault of that lies with the schools and teachers who see such things as ‘elitist’. When the hell did education in this country become ‘elitist’. You see it on here. People use ‘intelligence’ or ‘intellectual’ as an insult. It’s a whole ‘who do you think you are with your fancy words’ mentality. It’s killing ambition. Why aren’t schools in Swansea (or similar) getting people in from the same background to tell them what’s possible?

I could rant about it for ever.

But on the wider issue, believe me when I say that opportunity for poorer kids (white and black) is the most burning diversity issue at the moment in big companies.
The plane over the Etihad on 18:57 - Jun 23 with 1059 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 18:45 - Jun 23 by LeonWasGod

I don't know Fieryjack, but have no reason to not believe him. Anyone would be naive to think we haven't got racial tensions and issues in our cities. It's what we're trying to move away from, but nobody said it's simple, one-sided or easily resolvable.

Imported problems, previously non-existent strife.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The plane over the Etihad on 19:04 - Jun 23 with 1045 viewslondonlisa2001

The plane over the Etihad on 18:57 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Imported problems, previously non-existent strife.

“They are here, because we were there.“
The plane over the Etihad on 19:05 - Jun 23 with 1044 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 18:56 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

No. It’s done by poverty (relative poverty) rather than ethnicity. Ethnicity stats are given separately but not also by socio-economic grouping.

The reality is that many kids living in poverty are from an ethnic minority background.

But when you take bursaries, for example, at both Oxford and Cambridge they are unlimited - it’s only a matter of coming from a family with less than ‘x’ household income. So any number of black kids, or Asian kids, can’t take away the financial support from a poor white kid if the poor white kid is good enough.

Don’t bother taking me on on this one Loh. It is my number one political driver. Enabling children from ‘poorer’ or ‘ordinary’ backgrounds (whatever their colour) to get to the best universities and into great employers either from university or via apprenticeships. Any programme, or bursary which helps do that will have my support.

But the whole system needs to change. One of the reasons a kid in Penlan (one of your examples) may not go to Oxbridge, is that they are really unlikely to try to go to Oxbridge. And some of the fault of that lies with the schools and teachers who see such things as ‘elitist’. When the hell did education in this country become ‘elitist’. You see it on here. People use ‘intelligence’ or ‘intellectual’ as an insult. It’s a whole ‘who do you think you are with your fancy words’ mentality. It’s killing ambition. Why aren’t schools in Swansea (or similar) getting people in from the same background to tell them what’s possible?

I could rant about it for ever.

But on the wider issue, believe me when I say that opportunity for poorer kids (white and black) is the most burning diversity issue at the moment in big companies.

” So any number of black kids, or Asian kids, can’t take away the financial support from a poor white kid if the poor white kid is good enough.

Don’t bother taking me on on this one Loh.

Is there any need?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:08 - Jun 23 with 1036 viewsArthur_from_OTB

The plane over the Etihad on 17:16 - Jun 23 by NotLoyal

I have no political leaning or agenda. This is how I see it, if you don’t get it you don’t get it.
If you do you do.
Personally I couldn’t give a fck.

But your reply tells me numerous nerves have been touched. Leave the insults out of it though, that’s not a good place to go.

During a revolution there is no such thing as not having "a political leaning". There is no question that we are going through a Cultural Revolution.

Unless the madness is stopped those who are not 100% in the vanguard of the revolution will be crushed by it. You made a comment which you thought was sympathetic but it would have been perceived as extremely hostile by BLM.

Their demands will become increasing outrageous until even the liberals and the far left turn against them. In America they are now calling for statues of Jesus to be smashed because they don’t depict Jesus as a black man.
The plane over the Etihad on 19:09 - Jun 23 with 1033 viewsDrizzy

Lohengrin making a tit of himself. Again.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The plane over the Etihad on 19:10 - Jun 23 with 1030 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 19:09 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

Says you, but you’re not the target audience are you?

Login to get fewer ads

The plane over the Etihad on 19:11 - Jun 23 with 1026 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 19:04 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

“They are here, because we were there.“

Thanks, Lily.

The plane over the Etihad on 19:15 - Jun 23 with 1006 viewsymaohyd

The plane over the Etihad on 16:04 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

As I said in the earlier post, equating discrimination by individuals or a group of individuals with systemic discrimination is completely missing the point.

All discrimination is wrong and abhorrent.

But inbuilt discrimination within the very structures of society are a totally different matter. No white person anywhere in the UK suffers that. The underdog is still the underdog wherever you may live in this country.

If there were a march next week in a surreal world where lockdown had ended and the point of the march were to march against discrimination of any kind, I'd be there.

If there were two gangs facing each other one a bunch of white facists against decent black people, I'd be on the side of the black people or any people's promoting their rights I'd be with them....100%

Yet this murder of George Floyd was in another country, similar to ours yes, but the UK , no.

Have a read of the book War Doctor, a Welsh speaking doctor who has put his life on the line and worked on the most horrific battlefield's in the world, what he has to say about the abuse of women by the Taliban and other despotic Muslim based groups in Afghanistan and other areas is truly horrific, yet I haven't witnessed marches like we are witnessing now to challenge these horrific crimes.

Does the UK need to change.. absolutely!

I hope BLM makes a difference and truly changes the quality of life for people in this country and around the world.

Since I was a teenager I have witnessed year upon year, Live Aid, Children in Need, Comic Relief and Sports Aid, all the brainchild of fantastic British/Irish white people wanting to make a difference.

Have I seen marches by asylum seekers, immigrants thanking Britain for the good things we have done...No.

Wrongly go to war against Iraq etc and you can't fuc+ing stop them!

And there is consternation at the growing number of right wing vile groups sprouting hatred!!!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:19 - Jun 23 with 991 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 19:15 - Jun 23 by ymaohyd

If there were a march next week in a surreal world where lockdown had ended and the point of the march were to march against discrimination of any kind, I'd be there.

If there were two gangs facing each other one a bunch of white facists against decent black people, I'd be on the side of the black people or any people's promoting their rights I'd be with them....100%

Yet this murder of George Floyd was in another country, similar to ours yes, but the UK , no.

Have a read of the book War Doctor, a Welsh speaking doctor who has put his life on the line and worked on the most horrific battlefield's in the world, what he has to say about the abuse of women by the Taliban and other despotic Muslim based groups in Afghanistan and other areas is truly horrific, yet I haven't witnessed marches like we are witnessing now to challenge these horrific crimes.

Does the UK need to change.. absolutely!

I hope BLM makes a difference and truly changes the quality of life for people in this country and around the world.

Since I was a teenager I have witnessed year upon year, Live Aid, Children in Need, Comic Relief and Sports Aid, all the brainchild of fantastic British/Irish white people wanting to make a difference.

Have I seen marches by asylum seekers, immigrants thanking Britain for the good things we have done...No.

Wrongly go to war against Iraq etc and you can't fuc+ing stop them!

And there is consternation at the growing number of right wing vile groups sprouting hatred!!!

Hatred today is what we used to call common sense and natural assumption.

Where have you been until now?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:19 - Jun 23 with 991 viewslondonlisa2001

The plane over the Etihad on 19:05 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

” So any number of black kids, or Asian kids, can’t take away the financial support from a poor white kid if the poor white kid is good enough.

Don’t bother taking me on on this one Loh.

Is there any need?

You know I’m talking about the issue of kids from poorer backgrounds getting on. We’ve talked about it many times.

If you’re going to start trying to be a dick to score points with the Tommy lovers, you’re on your own.
The plane over the Etihad on 19:21 - Jun 23 with 981 viewsymaohyd

The plane over the Etihad on 19:19 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Hatred today is what we used to call common sense and natural assumption.

Where have you been until now?

Don't really know what you are asking?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:23 - Jun 23 with 979 viewslondonlisa2001

The plane over the Etihad on 19:08 - Jun 23 by Arthur_from_OTB

During a revolution there is no such thing as not having "a political leaning". There is no question that we are going through a Cultural Revolution.

Unless the madness is stopped those who are not 100% in the vanguard of the revolution will be crushed by it. You made a comment which you thought was sympathetic but it would have been perceived as extremely hostile by BLM.

Their demands will become increasing outrageous until even the liberals and the far left turn against them. In America they are now calling for statues of Jesus to be smashed because they don’t depict Jesus as a black man.

No they aren’t.

Conservatives have started saying ‘don’t take the Jesus statues’ away as an attack. A few idiots have started talking about the depictions of Jesus In response, pointing out that the historical figures wouldn’t have been white (which is a statement of fact).

You are being played like a fiddle. By Putin and possibly also China.
The plane over the Etihad on 19:24 - Jun 23 with 976 viewsDrizzy

The plane over the Etihad on 19:10 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Says you, but you’re not the target audience are you?

No but I'm quite enjoying this performance. Watching you pivot between poorly informed and bigoted arguments whilst your darling Lisa tears you a new one is quite amusing.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 19:26]

The plane over the Etihad on 19:25 - Jun 23 with 974 viewslondonlisa2001

The plane over the Etihad on 19:11 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Thanks, Lily.

Genuinely no idea what that means.
The plane over the Etihad on 19:26 - Jun 23 with 966 viewsHighjack

The plane over the Etihad on 19:25 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

Genuinely no idea what that means.

Lily Savage mun!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:27 - Jun 23 with 964 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 19:19 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

You know I’m talking about the issue of kids from poorer backgrounds getting on. We’ve talked about it many times.

If you’re going to start trying to be a dick to score points with the Tommy lovers, you’re on your own.

Fact is, Lis, bright kids leaving school around here whose parents don’t have thruppence have two choices, if they‘re lucky, the steelworks or the forces.

To diminish the horizon even further they are now apparently monsters because they’re white.

It won’t wash. I’m not having it.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 19:29]

The plane over the Etihad on 19:28 - Jun 23 with 963 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 19:24 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

No but I'm quite enjoying this performance. Watching you pivot between poorly informed and bigoted arguments whilst your darling Lisa tears you a new one is quite amusing.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 19:26]

You white, Drizz?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:30 - Jun 23 with 956 viewsDrizzy

The plane over the Etihad on 19:28 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

You white, Drizz?

Bit early to be half cut, Loh.

The plane over the Etihad on 19:36 - Jun 23 with 940 viewsDarran

The plane over the Etihad on 19:30 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The plane over the Etihad on 19:38 - Jun 23 with 931 viewsexiledclaseboy

The plane over the Etihad on 12:21 - Jun 23 by Darran

Absolutely. Cudey lives him. 👀

That’s a shocking and libellous allegation.

Poll: Tory leader

The plane over the Etihad on 19:41 - Jun 23 with 921 viewsLohengrin

The plane over the Etihad on 19:30 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

Why the reticence?

The plane over the Etihad on 19:42 - Jun 23 with 918 viewsHumpty

The plane over the Etihad on 19:08 - Jun 23 by Arthur_from_OTB

All I can see on Google is one person, a supporter of BLM, say that about Jesus.
The plane over the Etihad on 19:49 - Jun 23 with 898 viewsexiledclaseboy

The plane over the Etihad on 19:09 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

A now regular occurrence. A sad sight, but inevitable.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024