Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wetherspoons 18:42 - Jun 24 with 6175 viewsDarran

Is this true? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wetherspoons on 18:51 - Jun 24 with 4686 viewslondonlisa2001

There’s a lovely picture of Owen with some of his friends.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3YvVCiXkAUnhpt?format=jpg&name=large

Of course Wetherspoons staff have been paid throughout - by the taxpayer. They’ve been furloughed.

Edited to add - sorry, meant to say, Wetherspoons did not top up wages during furlough from 80% to 100% as many, many employers did.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 18:57]
Wetherspoons on 18:58 - Jun 24 with 4647 viewsFieryJack

Just look at their luverly faces.

Charming British freaks.
Wetherspoons on 18:59 - Jun 24 with 4639 viewsHighjack

Wetherspoons on 18:58 - Jun 24 by FieryJack

Just look at their luverly faces.

Charming British freaks.

Racist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wetherspoons on 19:49 - Jun 24 with 4520 viewsFireboy2

Tim's Martin's spokesperson?
Wetherspoons on 20:14 - Jun 24 with 4468 viewsDarran

Wetherspoons on 18:51 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

There’s a lovely picture of Owen with some of his friends.

Of course Wetherspoons staff have been paid throughout - by the taxpayer. They’ve been furloughed.

Edited to add - sorry, meant to say, Wetherspoons did not top up wages during furlough from 80% to 100% as many, many employers did.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 18:57]

Do you think everyone should boycott the place Lis?
It’s a serious question because there’s loads of people saying it on Twitter and it’s a considerable amount of jobs and there’s obviously the knock on for breweries etc.

Wetherspoons on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 4433 viewsNeath_Jack

Wetherspoons on 20:14 - Jun 24 by Darran

It’s a serious question because there’s loads of people saying it on Twitter and it’s a considerable amount of jobs and there’s obviously the knock on for breweries etc.

Whether Lisa thinks they should or not, it'll never happen.

I bet most of those complaining don't even drink there anyway, it's what social media does best.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wetherspoons on 20:36 - Jun 24 with 4419 viewsVetchfielder

I know you've asked Lisa but :-

It's like boycotting most products or companies that anybody has an issue with.
If people boycott Wetherspoons, they don't sit at home doing nothing, they buy a similar product elsewhere. Yes it affects Wetherspoons but it helps other companies, their associated suppliers and employees : the ones they don't have a gripe with. The same money gets spent, just somewhere different - somewhere where you'd rather spend it.
It's like people boycotting buying booze in the stadium. They still buy booze, it's just that they provide other local pubs with their money instead.
When companies' owners stick their neck out in politics or by sponsoring events, football clubs, rugby clubs, they run the risk that potential customers may react against it if they don't like what's being promoted.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Wetherspoons on 20:41 - Jun 24 with 4402 viewskrunchykarrot

Boycott cheap beer and food? most people in Weatherspoons around here wont be on Twitter so there's no chance.

On a separate note mates told me that Heineken have dumped god knows how many gallons and are now looking to use it as fertiliser.
Login to get fewer ads

Wetherspoons on 20:48 - Jun 24 with 4384 viewsDarran

Wetherspoons on 20:41 - Jun 24 by krunchykarrot

Boycott cheap beer and food? most people in Weatherspoons around here wont be on Twitter so there's no chance.

On a separate note mates told me that Heineken have dumped god knows how many gallons and are now looking to use it as fertiliser.

I read somewhere the other day that there’s something like 660 million gallons of gone off be that needs to be disposed of and they need to be careful what they do with it because it could cause an environmental disaster.

Wetherspoons on 20:56 - Jun 24 with 4356 viewskrunchykarrot

Wetherspoons on 20:48 - Jun 24 by Darran

I read somewhere the other day that there’s something like 660 million gallons of gone off be that needs to be disposed of and they need to be careful what they do with it because it could cause an environmental disaster.

They couldn't bottle or can it apparently but doubled up on takeaway production. They reckon there could be a draught beer shortage god forbid.
Wetherspoons on 21:00 - Jun 24 with 4342 viewslondonlisa2001

No. But I’d love to see a gradual move from Spoons to independent pubs or pubs tied to local breweries that treat their staff well rather than line the pockets of a few people.

The people who moan about local jobs while choosing the cheapest possible option drive me nuts.

If Wetherspoons closed it’d be replaced by the same number of pubs and staff. It would just be a bit more equitably spread perhaps.
Wetherspoons on 21:02 - Jun 24 with 4330 viewsDarran

Wetherspoons on 21:00 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

No. But I’d love to see a gradual move from Spoons to independent pubs or pubs tied to local breweries that treat their staff well rather than line the pockets of a few people.

The people who moan about local jobs while choosing the cheapest possible option drive me nuts.

If Wetherspoons closed it’d be replaced by the same number of pubs and staff. It would just be a bit more equitably spread perhaps.

Fair point.

Wetherspoons on 21:04 - Jun 24 with 4321 viewsHighjack

Wetherspoons on 20:48 - Jun 24 by Darran

It could be used for all sorts of useful stuff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wetherspoons on 21:11 - Jun 24 with 4307 viewskrunchykarrot

Wetherspoons on 21:00 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

My local boozer did the same as Spoons, and i dont know how you think they would be replaced as they are closing at a rapid rate. People will go back for cheap ale and food no matter what.
Wetherspoons on 21:19 - Jun 24 with 4276 viewslondonlisa2001

Wetherspoons on 21:11 - Jun 24 by krunchykarrot

My local boozer did the same as Spoons, and i dont know how you think they would be replaced as they are closing at a rapid rate. People will go back for cheap ale and food no matter what.

Pubs are closing in general because booze is so cheap in supermarkets. And stuff like the smoking ban as well.

But good pubs with good food, nice garden, quiz night etc are still a draw. Most pubs around me are Fullers as that’s the local brewer and they seem to do ok.
Wetherspoons on 21:23 - Jun 24 with 4258 viewsJimmyGilligan

Just seeing Farage I can smell cheap cigars and whisky
Wetherspoons on 21:26 - Jun 24 with 4248 viewsFieryJack

I don't like Tim Martin or his opinions or his frightful, over-large, pink visage.

But, on the whole, I like Wetherspoons pubs.

Before the decade's out I'll probably be joining the groups of cash-strapped OAPs who frequent Wetherspoons.

Also, Wetherspoons must be the most inclusive and democratic kind of pub I've ever been in, by a country mile. Virtually the whole cross section of the British population can be found in there: Pensioners, students, Real Ale drones, intellectuals, thickoes, misfits, scratters, solicitors, people of all classes, races and political persuasions. Even Lohengrin and Drizzy might unwittingly end up supping pints at adjacent tables.

Also, in T Martin's favour is the fact he had the balls to turn up at a Wetherspoons in every corner of the UK and defend his pro-Brexit views.
Wetherspoons on 21:28 - Jun 24 with 4238 viewsexiledclaseboy

I liked the Red Lion in Morriston. Can’t see me going there again in a hurry mind. Not because it’s a Wetherspoons, my principles are pliable enough to be ignored when there beer involved. I’ve just very little interest in going into any kind of pub or similar gathering with loads of people I don’t know for the foreseeable future.

Poll: Tory leader

Wetherspoons on 21:37 - Jun 24 with 4207 viewsFieryJack

Wetherspoons on 18:59 - Jun 24 by Highjack

Racist.

I could almost see the grin on your face as you booted that one into the net 💥
Wetherspoons on 21:45 - Jun 24 with 4181 viewsFlashberryjack

Wetherspoons on 21:19 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

Pubs are closing in general because booze is so cheap in supermarkets. And stuff like the smoking ban as well.

But good pubs with good food, nice garden, quiz night etc are still a draw. Most pubs around me are Fullers as that’s the local brewer and they seem to do ok.

My mate owns a pub that relies heavily on summer trade (walkers and campers mainly) him and his partner just about scrape through the winter months.

The virus has absolutely slaughtered them, they tried to do take away meals last Saturday, so my wife and I called just to give them a bit of support, the guy was sick with worry, he'd lost a lot of weight and finding it difficult sleep, he said that if the lockdown isn't relaxed very soon (along with the 5 mile limit) so that he can at least open up the beer garden, he's basically done for.

If we do have another warm spell, and Drakeford dithers for a week or so after England have opened the pubs, that wasted week will be absolutely critical as to whether the pub doors shut for good..

I really do feel sorry for him (and all the others in his predicament) and I do hope Drakesford makes a decision sooner rather than later.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wetherspoons on 21:50 - Jun 24 with 4172 viewslondonlisa2001

Wetherspoons on 21:45 - Jun 24 by Flashberryjack

My mate owns a pub that relies heavily on summer trade (walkers and campers mainly) him and his partner just about scrape through the winter months.

The virus has absolutely slaughtered them, they tried to do take away meals last Saturday, so my wife and I called just to give them a bit of support, the guy was sick with worry, he'd lost a lot of weight and finding it difficult sleep, he said that if the lockdown isn't relaxed very soon (along with the 5 mile limit) so that he can at least open up the beer garden, he's basically done for.

If we do have another warm spell, and Drakeford dithers for a week or so after England have opened the pubs, that wasted week will be absolutely critical as to whether the pub doors shut for good..

I really do feel sorry for him (and all the others in his predicament) and I do hope Drakesford makes a decision sooner rather than later.

I completely agree with you.

The cost of this is unbelievable. As I’ve said for weeks, this is not a zero sum game.
Wetherspoons on 22:07 - Jun 24 with 4134 viewsFieryJack

Sincerely hope your mate gets through this and that his pub survives.
Wetherspoons on 22:09 - Jun 24 with 4127 viewsFlashberryjack

Wetherspoons on 22:07 - Jun 24 by FieryJack

Sincerely hope your mate gets through this and that his pub survives.

And I do, I'm banned from all the rest.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wetherspoons on 22:24 - Jun 24 with 4086 viewsDr_Winston

My mum's in the same boat. Somewhat luckier in that the place is bought and paid for so no mortgage/rent to worry about, but she's basically been prohibited from earning a living for more than three months now.

We need to do as much as we can to enable people to start working and earning again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wetherspoons on 22:30 - Jun 24 with 4054 viewspikeypaul

Drakesford make a decision .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That’s given me a good laugh, cheers.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024