Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff 13:27 - Jun 25 with 3231 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A university has appeared to defend one of its professors after a petition was launched against her for saying "white lives don't matter".

Gopal tweeted: “I’ll say it again. White Lives Don’t Matter. As white lives”, followed by “Abolish whiteness" in a later tweet.

Without referencing the professor directly, the university tweeted: “The University defends the right of its academics to express their own lawful opinions which others might find controversial and deplores in the strongest terms abuse and personal attacks.

"These attacks are totally unacceptable and must cease”.

Dr Priyamvada Gopal, a professor in colonial and postcolonial literature at Cambridge University, has faced a stream of abuse after posting a series of tweets on Tuesday.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/cambridge-university-professor-abolish-whiteness-12082

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 18:53 - Jun 25 with 1001 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 18:27 - Jun 25 by Humpty

Agreed. Have you seen Pikey or Dwight criticise him for his racism? I'd say the views of our PM are slightly more important than the views of an employee of a University.

Or for calling homosexuals "Tank topped bumboys". Maybe they agree wholeheartedly with him?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 19:26 - Jun 25 with 979 viewsHumpty

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 18:48 - Jun 25 by Treforys_Jack

How can you say that for certain? Do you actually know him ?

What? Are they real people or are they trolls?

They're obviously real people, someone is typing their bilge. Are they both trolls? IMO yes.
Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 20:13 - Jun 25 with 943 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 19:26 - Jun 25 by Humpty

What? Are they real people or are they trolls?

They're obviously real people, someone is typing their bilge. Are they both trolls? IMO yes.

Okay, what i mean is , and I'm assuming you realise this, I really doubt the bilge they type is who they are in the real world. For some reason when some people go online they enter a fantasy realm and type offensive garbage. If pikey acted the way he acts on here in the real world, he'd be sparked left, right and centre.
Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 23:20 - Jun 25 with 890 viewsNotLoyal

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 18:16 - Jun 25 by Darran

Johnson is the scum of the earth Pal,he’s a disgraceful embarrassment to this country,of course he a racist.

What’s he said that’s racist ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 23:22 - Jun 25 with 884 viewsDrizzy

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 23:20 - Jun 25 by NotLoyal

What’s he said that’s racist ?

Compared Muslim women to "letterboxes."
Labeled black Africans "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles" in a newspaper column.
He suggested that Malaysian women only go to university "to find men to marry."

That's just the stuff he published.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 23:56 - Jun 25 with 859 viewsHumpty

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 23:22 - Jun 25 by Drizzy

Compared Muslim women to "letterboxes."
Labeled black Africans "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles" in a newspaper column.
He suggested that Malaysian women only go to university "to find men to marry."

That's just the stuff he published.

It's a game he likes to play Drizz. He'll ask what has Trump, Tommy Robinson etc. have ever said that is racist. People tell him then he'll ask again in a few months.

Looks like he's moved onto Johnson.
Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 791 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have just read the Profs twitter and if what she has posted are typical of the abuse that she recieved, it is an utter disgrace.
My problem is why do Twitter allow it, twitter remove content for far less outrageous stuff than that.
Has racial abuse, verbal abuse and disgusting language become the norm for the rules of "freedom of speech"?
I know the youngsters of today use profanity as part of their everyday speech, but it should not be put in writing and repeated.
I know I am a prude, it was the way my mother brought me up, but I can still be shocked by what I hear and read.
Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 782 viewslondonlisa2001

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 12:33 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I have just read the Profs twitter and if what she has posted are typical of the abuse that she recieved, it is an utter disgrace.
My problem is why do Twitter allow it, twitter remove content for far less outrageous stuff than that.
Has racial abuse, verbal abuse and disgusting language become the norm for the rules of "freedom of speech"?
I know the youngsters of today use profanity as part of their everyday speech, but it should not be put in writing and repeated.
I know I am a prude, it was the way my mother brought me up, but I can still be shocked by what I hear and read.

The hate she’s received is almost unbearable.

Unfortunately, anonymity means that thugs can send stuff with little fear of reprisals. And the pile ons are actively encouraged by people like Hopkins, that Watson bloke from info wars and others (there’s a reason why when announcing the sacking of that girl in Burnley, the employer, who is his mother, gave the social media account that had reported her - I’d charge them with that to be honest).

It’s a decency thing. I will probably swear more than you (it’s an age thing and those younger than me swear more than I do) but I think the language used online, particularly towards women, and even more particularly towards women of colour is sickening. It’s genuine hate speech.

The stuff Diane Abbott gets on a daily basis would make most crumble (and I’m not a fan politically - I am a fan of her stoicism in the face of such relentless hate).
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 17:26 - Jun 29 with 723 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Edit: I think this warrants a new thread.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 17:49]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 17:42 - Jun 29 with 704 viewsFlashberryjack

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 17:26 - Jun 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Nice

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 17:49 - Jun 29 with 693 viewsDrizzy

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 17:26 - Jun 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Clearly taking the piss.

It's had the desired effect as it's riled up the alt-right virgins who don't see the irony in their own anger.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 20:26 - Jun 29 with 649 viewsNotLoyal

Cambridge University Defends (then promotes) Racist Member of Staff on 12:33 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

An eye for an eye many would say, especially whilst waving the 'Good book'

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024