Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People being held to account 18:02 - Jun 26 with 11353 viewsDarran

The video of the SSN presenter just popped up on my twitter timeline again and I was wondering why people aren’t being pulled for saying some of the things they are saying.
In the video he says that black people are being killed in the UK by the authorities just like in America and that’s just not true.
How is he allowed to get away with that?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

People being held to account on 18:24 - Jun 27 with 1437 viewsDarran

People being held to account on 18:08 - Jun 27 by Jango

And here’s Lisa’s lap dog without fail.

None of those threads are me making it about race. The articles already do that.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 18:10]

He’s a Mod mind Jang perhaps he deleted all your other threads.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

People being held to account on 18:32 - Jun 27 with 1419 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 18:18 - Jun 27 by Jango

Sorry considering they were over the space of 3 years I forgot. In what way so they suggest I make things about race? I’m having my opinion on articles about things I deem racist towards white people. People like you will always make sure there’s never equality.

Right. So things you deem racist against white people:

- an internship at ITV aimed at getting black people into the creative industries as they’re very underrepresented
- a bloke being told he can’t wear a union jack waistcoat
- gang violence (the video showed a group of largely black thugs attacking a pizza delivery bloke)
- Stormzy having a scholarship at Cambridge to encourage black people to better themselves through education

Things you don’t deem racist against black people:

- two police officers taking selfies alongside two black murder victims (when the police had previously refused to try to find them), posting the selfies on line for the lolz and it not being on the front pages of every paper up and down the country .

You’re right about the equality bit.
People being held to account on 18:38 - Jun 27 with 1409 viewsmajorraglan

People being held to account on 16:59 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Wouldn’t be surprised if they got the boot?

That’s a joke ?

They should be in prison.

Of course it’s because they were black. They thought they were black and poor - from the council estate. They thought they weren’t important. You think that the police are routinely taking selfies with murder victims, showing the faces of those murder victims and posting them on social media for a laugh?

The only reason this has come to light is because the Mum of the women is a senior Church of England cleric, unbeknownst to the horrific scum that took the selfies.

What’s happened is disgusting, completely out of order and totally reprehensible and the 2 police officers deserve everything they get. I just can’t understand why people would want to take pictures in such circumstances, who would do that? Mrs Smallman who has just gone through every parents worst nightmare and should be fully supported by the Met who should leave no stone unturned to bring the offender to justice for the murder of her daughters.

In addition, the IOPC and the Met should deal with the 2 police officers to the best of their ability and they should feel the full force of the law. What they have done is completely unacceptable and disgusting. In the reports I have read, I haven’t seen anything to say the photos were motivated by racism, but equally nor have I seen anything to say it wasn’t. That said, if Mrs Smallman believes the actions of the murderer or the police officers were motivated by racism then they should be treated as such.
People being held to account on 18:50 - Jun 27 with 1393 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 18:38 - Jun 27 by majorraglan

What’s happened is disgusting, completely out of order and totally reprehensible and the 2 police officers deserve everything they get. I just can’t understand why people would want to take pictures in such circumstances, who would do that? Mrs Smallman who has just gone through every parents worst nightmare and should be fully supported by the Met who should leave no stone unturned to bring the offender to justice for the murder of her daughters.

In addition, the IOPC and the Met should deal with the 2 police officers to the best of their ability and they should feel the full force of the law. What they have done is completely unacceptable and disgusting. In the reports I have read, I haven’t seen anything to say the photos were motivated by racism, but equally nor have I seen anything to say it wasn’t. That said, if Mrs Smallman believes the actions of the murderer or the police officers were motivated by racism then they should be treated as such.

I don’t think anyone has commented on whether the murders were racist.

They could be, but it’s just as likely that they were nothing to do with race. It could be opportunistic, misogynistic, religious, who knows until the murderer is caught.

My point is also not solely about the police (I believe that the callous contempt that they showed was racist, but also again likely to be in part misogynistic, in part to do with them being ‘women from the council estate’), but about the relative silence of the media. Yes, there are reports (now, there were hardly any reports a few days ago until the Mum’s position came to light), but this would be all over every news outlet if the women had been white and the police officers black.

It’s the reinforcement of the claim that black lives don’t matter as much as white lives.

As an aside - the leave no stone unturned bit would be easier if they (the Met) also hadn’t made huge mistakes / not given much of a crap, with the crime scene, which was cleared out before being properly investigated according to reports.
People being held to account on 19:28 - Jun 27 with 1353 viewsFlashberryjack

People being held to account on 18:50 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think anyone has commented on whether the murders were racist.

They could be, but it’s just as likely that they were nothing to do with race. It could be opportunistic, misogynistic, religious, who knows until the murderer is caught.

My point is also not solely about the police (I believe that the callous contempt that they showed was racist, but also again likely to be in part misogynistic, in part to do with them being ‘women from the council estate’), but about the relative silence of the media. Yes, there are reports (now, there were hardly any reports a few days ago until the Mum’s position came to light), but this would be all over every news outlet if the women had been white and the police officers black.

It’s the reinforcement of the claim that black lives don’t matter as much as white lives.

As an aside - the leave no stone unturned bit would be easier if they (the Met) also hadn’t made huge mistakes / not given much of a crap, with the crime scene, which was cleared out before being properly investigated according to reports.

You must have missed the reporting of the murders earlier Lisa, I saw it reported several times on tv and news papers.

Anyway I totally agree with you regarding the police officers that took the disgusting photos (and I was prior to your posting on here) they both will undoubtedly be sacked and they should face the courts for any other laws (moral or legal) they've broken.

Do I think they took the photos for racial reasons, I don't know for sure, and neither do you, do I think they are vile horrible c*nts, most definitely.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

People being held to account on 19:29 - Jun 27 with 1350 viewsJango

People being held to account on 18:32 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Right. So things you deem racist against white people:

- an internship at ITV aimed at getting black people into the creative industries as they’re very underrepresented
- a bloke being told he can’t wear a union jack waistcoat
- gang violence (the video showed a group of largely black thugs attacking a pizza delivery bloke)
- Stormzy having a scholarship at Cambridge to encourage black people to better themselves through education

Things you don’t deem racist against black people:

- two police officers taking selfies alongside two black murder victims (when the police had previously refused to try to find them), posting the selfies on line for the lolz and it not being on the front pages of every paper up and down the country .

You’re right about the equality bit.

All the things I’ve commented on are deliberately biased towards black people in a way that would be frowned upon the other way around. I’m just pointing out that I don’t believe that’s the way to get an equal society.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that those coppers took those photos in a racist manner.

People like are the biggest problem. You look for racism when it’s not there.
People being held to account on 19:30 - Jun 27 with 1341 viewsJango

People being held to account on 18:24 - Jun 27 by Darran

He’s a Mod mind Jang perhaps he deleted all your other threads.

I wouldn’t put it past him. When Lisa is involved he’s an absolute melt of a man.
People being held to account on 19:31 - Jun 27 with 1339 viewsJango

People being held to account on 19:28 - Jun 27 by Flashberryjack

You must have missed the reporting of the murders earlier Lisa, I saw it reported several times on tv and news papers.

Anyway I totally agree with you regarding the police officers that took the disgusting photos (and I was prior to your posting on here) they both will undoubtedly be sacked and they should face the courts for any other laws (moral or legal) they've broken.

Do I think they took the photos for racial reasons, I don't know for sure, and neither do you, do I think they are vile horrible c*nts, most definitely.

Spot on.
Login to get fewer ads

People being held to account on 19:33 - Jun 27 with 1332 viewsTreforys_Jack

People being held to account on 19:30 - Jun 27 by Jango

I wouldn’t put it past him. When Lisa is involved he’s an absolute melt of a man.

People being held to account on 19:58 - Jun 27 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 19:28 - Jun 27 by Flashberryjack

No one has said it hasn’t been mentioned.

But it’s at a completely different level to the reporting that should be out there.

The Home Secretary tweeted incessantly about the horrific stabbing of 3 men in Reading. She retweeted the Prime Minster, who said how appalled he was. She retweeted the police. She posted a long article about it. They all tweeted about the bravery of the police who responded. That’s all absolutely right.

Not a peep about the double stabbing of these two black women. Not a peep about the fact that the murder weapon was found 36 hours later by the family as the police refused to shift themselves. Not a peep about the fact that the two officers that were supposed to be protecting the bodies instead took selfies and shared them online. Not a peep about the fact that that other police received the messages and didn’t report them. A few articles after the event because they’ve realised the Mum is more high profile than they thought is not what would have happened if the sisters had been white.

The whole thing is absolutely sickening.
People being held to account on 20:20 - Jun 27 with 1272 viewsFlashberryjack

People being held to account on 19:58 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

But it’s at a completely different level to the reporting that should be out there.

The Home Secretary tweeted incessantly about the horrific stabbing of 3 men in Reading. She retweeted the Prime Minster, who said how appalled he was. She retweeted the police. She posted a long article about it. They all tweeted about the bravery of the police who responded. That’s all absolutely right.

Not a peep about the double stabbing of these two black women. Not a peep about the fact that the murder weapon was found 36 hours later by the family as the police refused to shift themselves. Not a peep about the fact that the two officers that were supposed to be protecting the bodies instead took selfies and shared them online. Not a peep about the fact that that other police received the messages and didn’t report them. A few articles after the event because they’ve realised the Mum is more high profile than they thought is not what would have happened if the sisters had been white.

The media can be very selective in what they publish, all I'm saying I saw the media reports of these murders, and didn't think they were under reported, maybe not as much as some, and maybe a little more than others, but there has been a lot happening in the country lately).

You obviously think differently
"which has still received virtually no media attention (even though all lives matter obvs)"

Anyway! let's hope they catch the b*stard or ba*tards that murdered them, and the police officers get what they deserve.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

People being held to account on 20:26 - Jun 27 with 1261 viewsJango

People being held to account on 19:58 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Did she tweet about the 7 year old brutally murdered in the park? No. Did the prime minister say he was appalled? No. Did Lisa make a big issue of it? Of course not. She was white.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 20:26]
People being held to account on 23:02 - Jun 27 with 1177 viewsNotLoyal

People being held to account on 16:59 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Wouldn’t be surprised if they got the boot?

That’s a joke ?

They should be in prison.

Of course it’s because they were black. They thought they were black and poor - from the council estate. They thought they weren’t important. You think that the police are routinely taking selfies with murder victims, showing the faces of those murder victims and posting them on social media for a laugh?

The only reason this has come to light is because the Mum of the women is a senior Church of England cleric, unbeknownst to the horrific scum that took the selfies.

They may well go to prison, and if they do, neither of us will care.
However, it’s a shame that every issue the coppers create is hi-lighted more than the many good things that happen.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

People being held to account on 23:03 - Jun 27 with 1174 viewsNotLoyal

People being held to account on 17:09 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

The police didn’t pose for selfies with Sala’s body and post them on social media did they.

What part of ‘the police who were supposed to be investigating a horrible crime instead posed for selfies with murder victims and posted the pictures on social media for a joke’ do you not understand?

I’m unsure if these so called police posted them on social media, in fact I’m pretty sure they didn’t.

OK I've changed it.

People being held to account on 23:17 - Jun 27 with 1149 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 23:03 - Jun 27 by NotLoyal

I’m unsure if these so called police posted them on social media, in fact I’m pretty sure they didn’t.

“The IOPC said the pictures were allegedly "shared with a small number of others", adding the Met was "handling matters involving those members of the public who may have received those images".”
People being held to account on 23:20 - Jun 27 with 1144 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 20:26 - Jun 27 by Jango

Did she tweet about the 7 year old brutally murdered in the park? No. Did the prime minister say he was appalled? No. Did Lisa make a big issue of it? Of course not. She was white.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 20:26]

The point is not the murder. It’s the conduct of the police and then the media.

As I’ve made quite clear.

So it’s a completely nonsensical parallel. Again.

Did the police ignore what had happened, refuse to investigate, destroy evidence, take selfies and post them to others? Of course not.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 23:24]
People being held to account on 23:22 - Jun 27 with 1142 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 20:20 - Jun 27 by Flashberryjack

The media can be very selective in what they publish, all I'm saying I saw the media reports of these murders, and didn't think they were under reported, maybe not as much as some, and maybe a little more than others, but there has been a lot happening in the country lately).

You obviously think differently
"which has still received virtually no media attention (even though all lives matter obvs)"

Anyway! let's hope they catch the b*stard or ba*tards that murdered them, and the police officers get what they deserve.

I’ve never ever seen a case where the police have done this.

The only reason there’s any reporting now is because they’ve realised who the Mum is.

This happened days and indeed weeks ago. No reporting at all until the Mum’s position was known.
People being held to account on 23:24 - Jun 27 with 1140 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 23:02 - Jun 27 by NotLoyal

They may well go to prison, and if they do, neither of us will care.
However, it’s a shame that every issue the coppers create is hi-lighted more than the many good things that happen.

The Home Secretary and media have made any number of positive statements about the brave police officers in Reading and in Scotland. So has everyone else.
People being held to account on 23:30 - Jun 27 with 1129 viewsNotLoyal

People being held to account on 23:24 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

The Home Secretary and media have made any number of positive statements about the brave police officers in Reading and in Scotland. So has everyone else.

The country is being forced to choose sides, this will get worse.
Oh, and next weekend the pubs open.
Chaos.

OK I've changed it.

People being held to account on 23:31 - Jun 27 with 1123 viewsNotLoyal

People being held to account on 23:20 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Did the police ignore what had happened, refuse to investigate, destroy evidence, take selfies and post them to others? Of course not.

Ah, Post them to others, not on social media, which you said, this is the problem.
Context.

OK I've changed it.

People being held to account on 23:45 - Jun 27 with 1100 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 23:31 - Jun 27 by NotLoyal

Ah, Post them to others, not on social media, which you said, this is the problem.
Context.

A report said they used WhatsApp to share the messages with a group including members of the public.

Which is social media.

Yeah, that’s definitely the problem. It could be snapchat they used (which is also social media). Mixing those up is definitely the burning issue in all this.
People being held to account on 08:52 - Jun 28 with 1005 viewsNotLoyal

People being held to account on 23:45 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

A report said they used WhatsApp to share the messages with a group including members of the public.

Which is social media.

Yeah, that’s definitely the problem. It could be snapchat they used (which is also social media). Mixing those up is definitely the burning issue in all this.

But Lisa, posting them on social media implies the mediums we all know.
What’s app isn’t for posting it’s for sending. You can’t post on what’s app.

OK I've changed it.

People being held to account on 10:39 - Jun 28 with 969 viewsJango

People being held to account on 23:20 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a nonsensical parallel with the media. What’s nonsensical is you making it about racism with no evidence whatsoever. Behave.
People being held to account on 11:24 - Jun 28 with 941 viewsdameedna

Could have been any race. Does not matter. Hopefully the muderers get caught.

I hung round Mile End nick for a few years and hope that the culture has improved since the 80s, which I am sure it has.

I cant see the police thinking about race in this instance and it looks like reaching to say they were at the time. However there is a problem in the UK and the community needs to also look at itself.
People being held to account on 12:14 - Jun 28 with 917 viewslondonlisa2001

People being held to account on 08:52 - Jun 28 by NotLoyal

But Lisa, posting them on social media implies the mediums we all know.
What’s app isn’t for posting it’s for sending. You can’t post on what’s app.

I used the word post. The IOOc used the word shared.

It makes no difference.

But carry on arguing about the particular platform used. That’s definitely the crucial bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024