Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men 17:50 - Jun 29 with 36158 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Truly awful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 17:15 - Jul 4 with 1299 viewsCatullus

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 13:08 - Jul 4 by Drizzy

Raising the retirement age was a controversial policy to alleviate the increasing pension burden. Surely that's evidence that it's becoming more difficult to support our elderly population.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/popul

The proportion of working age people has declined over the last 10 years. The proportion of people over 65 is increasing every year.

How do we solve this problem without an influx of working age people? EU immigration is ideal in that working age people would arrive and many would leave before reaching retirement.

If we try and stop immigration we'll have a smaller population in absolute size but we'll have an even larger proportion of elderly people that need to be supported. How do we solve this?

We can't keep raising the pension age and rely on people in their 60s to fill gaps in the workforce. Even if we had a baby boom we'd still need immigration in the medium term until the babies get to working age. Not to mention those babies would need to be supported themselves at some point, leading to an ever increasing population.

Immigration's not going to stop, Jang. It's the best way of alleviating this demographic problem. The only other solution is to stop people living as long.

The probelm there is, if we take younger, working age people from other countries, who supports the elderly in those countries? We might be helping ourselves but we aren't helping others, we are just taking from them.

Then, some other countries have shrinking populations, taking working age people from them is a biiger issue for them again.

Immigration has always happened and always will but it can't be the only answer. Sadly to get a real solution needs grown up thinking across the whole world, not something we can trust politicians to do, specially in these troubled times.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 17:28 - Jul 4 with 1280 viewsGaryjack

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 06:47 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fûcking hell Gar, not you as well.

You should know better than to trust Darrans interpretation of posts. He has the longest record on PS of getting things completely wrong.

You should know i take very little seriously on here. It's all about the wind up mun!
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 17:42 - Jul 4 with 1263 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 14:58 - Jul 4 by londonlisa2001

Increase is driven by people living longer is what he said.

Our population living longer and requiring a pension to be paid for longer drives the need for immigration as our birth rate has not been high enough to support our ageing population. That means we need immigrants to work to pay your pension.

As has been explained to you before.

Right, so birth rates have nothing to do with it then OK.
You are just so clever, I should bow down.
I feel so guilty for living so long.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.statista.com%2Fstatistics%
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:59]
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 20:45 - Jul 4 with 1216 viewsCatullus

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 17:42 - Jul 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Right, so birth rates have nothing to do with it then OK.
You are just so clever, I should bow down.
I feel so guilty for living so long.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.statista.com%2Fstatistics%
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:59]

The falling birth rate is part of the problem, not enough people of working age to pay the pensions of the retired.

Anyway, wouldn't the answer be a radical rethink of our working lives, full time hours for people over 50, then 60 should be lowered so people can still amange to work and pay in without their health going down the pan. Then seniority shoild be taken into account so that physically easier jobs go to older people enabling them to work longer.

People will scream discrimination at the idea but if we don't make changes it's todays young and future generations who will suffer.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:33 - Jul 4 with 1181 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 17:15 - Jul 4 by Catullus

The probelm there is, if we take younger, working age people from other countries, who supports the elderly in those countries? We might be helping ourselves but we aren't helping others, we are just taking from them.

Then, some other countries have shrinking populations, taking working age people from them is a biiger issue for them again.

Immigration has always happened and always will but it can't be the only answer. Sadly to get a real solution needs grown up thinking across the whole world, not something we can trust politicians to do, specially in these troubled times.

Recently, the influx of working age people comes from countries with high youth unemployment (Italy, Spain) or where the discrepancies in earnings allow them to send a lot of money back (Poland, Romania). Not every country has as severe a demographic problem as we do.

You make a good point about changing employment habits. Sad reality is that most don't have the luxury of rolling back their working hours as they age. Culture and general health is a big problem in the UK too. We don't value our elderly as other cultures do. People are living longer but the care burden is increased by unhealthy lifestyles.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:39 - Jul 4 with 1173 viewsGaryjack

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:33 - Jul 4 by Drizzy

Recently, the influx of working age people comes from countries with high youth unemployment (Italy, Spain) or where the discrepancies in earnings allow them to send a lot of money back (Poland, Romania). Not every country has as severe a demographic problem as we do.

You make a good point about changing employment habits. Sad reality is that most don't have the luxury of rolling back their working hours as they age. Culture and general health is a big problem in the UK too. We don't value our elderly as other cultures do. People are living longer but the care burden is increased by unhealthy lifestyles.

Yeah whatever, can you get back to your 'Antifa, i hate myself for being white bit'? It's much more 'you'.
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:52 - Jul 4 with 1143 viewsDrizzy

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:39 - Jul 4 by Garyjack

Yeah whatever, can you get back to your 'Antifa, i hate myself for being white bit'? It's much more 'you'.

I'm not white.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:58 - Jul 4 with 1140 viewsGaryjack

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:52 - Jul 4 by Drizzy

I'm not white.

Neither am i. I'm purple.
Login to get fewer ads

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 22:50 - Jul 4 with 1110 viewsTreforys_Jack

Its a beautiful world out there guys, even when its raining like today.
Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 10:08 - Jul 5 with 1058 viewsCatullus

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 21:33 - Jul 4 by Drizzy

That sad reality is what needs changing though, isn't it? Reducing the full time hours is the best way (in my head) but it should still attract the same financial reward but should also include higher pension contributions.

It was in the Guardian that I read about the mistake that freezing the pension triple lock would be, ultimately the people who would lose out the most would be todays young workers.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/03/scrapping-pensions-triple-

That is the big reality, we do need to level up society but that includes people saving more for their own retirement. The time is coming that the state pension is unsustainable in it's current form, that means that the government (and we all have to buy into the idea) must force change in employment so that jobs are secure, that people can afford to live AND to save for their own future and that the only people getting Welfare are those who truly need it.
It won't happen though. It means a wealth tax, the tories would never do it and while Corbyn would have done it he'd possibly have gone too far and scared the money away. Starmer, I doubt he'll do a wealth tax. Annelise Dodds was on Marr this morning talking about it but I wasn't really listening.

Notorious Racist Priyamvada Gopal Has Urges to Kneecap White Men on 12:07 - Jul 5 with 1022 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Something that we can agree on.
Although the "sending money back" is not good for our economy, fortunately there are not that many of them to cause a massive drain.
Germany welcomes Imigrants for the same reasons as us, the average age here is a bit lower than many EU countries and they nearly all show the same "ageing" problem.
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-eurostat-news/-/DDN-20191105-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024