Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 127099 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:19 - Jul 3 with 1406 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:23 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

I genuinely believe if there was a vote today Wales would vote to close the Welsh assembly.

Complete waste of money, Drakeford has helped people realise how woeful they it/they are.

100% agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 1385 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:19 - Jul 3 by raynor94

100% agree

This would happen if the Welsh media was not so fawning towards the WAG.

You have to remember the little "scrutiny" that there is come from people who have a stake in the Welsh Assembly increasing its powers.

Notice the difference in scrutiny whenever even a junior reporter from say LBC asks questions.

The Welsh media treat the WAG like a Trade Union protecting us against the English.

But one thing this debacle has shown is that the WAG do have a lot of power now and maybe, just maybe people are starting to wake up to this and not blaming the UK Government for everything. I remember going back to the New Labour years how Blair would get the blame for everything and the WAG would talk about "clear red water" - i.e. even though we're crap it's not our fault guv.

If and when the Economic hit is catastrophic and the NHS buckles under the weight of delayed medical procedures once again you know where the blame will be shifted. I just hope that this period may have finally shone the light on devolution and that might in the end be good for democracy.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:42 - Jul 3 with 1348 viewsrockinjac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53263649

Well there's a shock, I'm sure there's no politics in this happening once again a few weeks after England.

Following again...... It's utterly pathetic.

What has changed? What difference has delaying this made?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 3 with 1345 viewsrockinjac

"Normally enjoy a holiday in Wales. For the first time in many years we're going to Cornwall instead. I cant take the risk that life will be far more restricted in Wales. I'm sorry welsh tourism and small hotels and pubs have to suffer."

There'll be a lot of this. Well done Drakeford, this compounded will mean the end of many businesses.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:52 - Jul 3 with 1340 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 3 by rockinjac

"Normally enjoy a holiday in Wales. For the first time in many years we're going to Cornwall instead. I cant take the risk that life will be far more restricted in Wales. I'm sorry welsh tourism and small hotels and pubs have to suffer."

There'll be a lot of this. Well done Drakeford, this compounded will mean the end of many businesses.

Last weekend & this weekend 2 couples who live in my street have gone to Ross on Wye instead of West Wales in their caravans.

It’s a travesty that money that could be spent in Wales is going across the bridge.

Has he opened garages yet or are people (as I did) buying cars from England?

Wales is closed for business.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:07 - Jul 3 with 1330 viewsEbo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:23 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

I genuinely believe if there was a vote today Wales would vote to close the Welsh assembly.

Complete waste of money, Drakeford has helped people realise how woeful they it/they are.

Shows how deluded you are then.

Recent polling states a majority wants to keep the welsh parliament.

Shows how out of touch you are as it’s no longer an assembly but a parliament.

The types who want to abolish it are quite nasty right wing types like Rowan Powell and that North Wales Tory MP with the polish name. They are so dense they named the party “Abolish the assembly” so popular they have 172 followers on twitter vs the 30k yes cymru has and the thousands labour, Lib Dem and Plaid has.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:08 - Jul 3 with 1327 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:52 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

Last weekend & this weekend 2 couples who live in my street have gone to Ross on Wye instead of West Wales in their caravans.

It’s a travesty that money that could be spent in Wales is going across the bridge.

Funnily enough booked a weekend in Devon from next Friday. Not a patch on Pembs but it's open.

I won't be going inside anywhere but at least the outside aras are open as ours should be now.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:11 - Jul 3 with 1322 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:08 - Jul 3 by Scotia

Funnily enough booked a weekend in Devon from next Friday. Not a patch on Pembs but it's open.

I won't be going inside anywhere but at least the outside aras are open as ours should be now.

Same, going to Dorset.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:12 - Jul 3 with 1321 viewsEbo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 3 by rockinjac

Well at least they are alive and able to go places.

If you think this is bad, wait until no deal hits. This will be f uck all compared to the chaos that will bring. No doubt Westminster will blame it on Covid-19.

Sorry but people’s well being and health over economy. You can recover economies but not dead people.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:13 - Jul 3 with 1319 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:12 - Jul 3 by Ebo

If you think this is bad, wait until no deal hits. This will be f uck all compared to the chaos that will bring. No doubt Westminster will blame it on Covid-19.

Sorry but people’s well being and health over economy. You can recover economies but not dead people.

Where to go with this... sigh
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:16 - Jul 3 with 1314 viewsBillyChong

Is that within 5 miles?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:17 - Jul 3 with 1311 viewsBillyChong

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:08 - Jul 3 by Scotia

What you going to do if it lashes down all weekend?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:21 - Jul 3 with 1307 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:17 - Jul 3 by BillyChong

Get wet?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:27 - Jul 3 with 1300 viewsEbo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:13 - Jul 3 by rockinjac

Where to go with this... sigh

You can always give your head a wobble. Maybe some common sense might appear.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:32 - Jul 3 with 1290 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:12 - Jul 3 by Ebo

Try telling that to the thousands in the hospitality and leisure industries, who have and are about to lose their jobs, and drippy Drakeford enforces a ban on hospitality for another week to spite Boris.

You just can't make it up!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:37 - Jul 3 with 1284 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:17 - Jul 3 by BillyChong

Same as I would do here, but at least there's the option.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:38 - Jul 3 with 1283 viewsEbo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:32 - Jul 3 by raynor94

Try telling that to the thousands in the hospitality and leisure industries, who have and are about to lose their jobs, and drippy Drakeford enforces a ban on hospitality for another week to spite Boris.

You just can't make it up!

Try telling it to those who have lost loved ones or those on the nhs frontline bracing themselves for yet more cases.

There’s no easy answer but to be patient. Going back too early without the correct measures in place will bring us back to square one which will be ten times worse. Look at Florida and Texas - went back early and it’s carnage.

I see that Bojo the clown hasn’t contacted Drakeford since May as announced today. How can nations work together when the chief idiot doesn’t bother replying to anyone?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:49 - Jul 3 with 1276 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:07 - Jul 3 by Ebo

Shows how deluded you are then.

Recent polling states a majority wants to keep the welsh parliament.

Shows how out of touch you are as it’s no longer an assembly but a parliament.

The types who want to abolish it are quite nasty right wing types like Rowan Powell and that North Wales Tory MP with the polish name. They are so dense they named the party “Abolish the assembly” so popular they have 172 followers on twitter vs the 30k yes cymru has and the thousands labour, Lib Dem and Plaid has.

Ah 1 of the nationalist chuckle brothers arrives.

Maybe the polls are conducted by your types to keep you on board.

Not a snowflakes chance in hell people would vote to be governed by the idiots in the Welsh assembly, it maybe a parliament in name buts it a talking shop for civil servants who are doing nothing to move Wales forward.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:49 - Jul 3 with 1274 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:16 - Jul 3 by BillyChong

Is that within 5 miles?

Oh look the stasi are here
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:51 - Jul 3 with 1272 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:27 - Jul 3 by Ebo

You can always give your head a wobble. Maybe some common sense might appear.

Okay Ebo, ever considered this is someone from England who was going spend their money in Wales and now will be doing it in England?

Oh but as a Nationalist having the saes here is not to your taste I forget.

I'm sure we'll get by though aye
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:53 - Jul 3 with 1266 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:49 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

Not a snowflakes chance in hell people would vote to be governed by the idiots in the Welsh assembly, it maybe a parliament in name buts it a talking shop for civil servants who are doing nothing to move Wales forward.

As I've said previously they've taken the line that we must be very, very cautious because this is policy from the WAG

If the WAG had taken an approach more like Sweden they would have lauded this as trusting the Welsh people, as opposed to the awful Authoritarian English Parliament.

It's all about difference, it has nothing to do with safety. I bloody hate this type of politics.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:07 - Jul 3 with 1250 viewsEbo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:49 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

How many more times. It’s not an Assembly.

The poll was conducted by yougov not a twitter poll. The poll said that a tiny minority voted to abolish and an overwhelming one to keep it.

There will never be a vote to abolish it and you know that as well. We voted democratically to be a devolved nation. You can always waste your vote and cast it for the deluded abolish party which is polling worse than UKIP right now at next years election

If there was a vote to keep / scrap it then there should be a another Brexit vote. But you wouldn’t like that would you?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:08 - Jul 3 with 1249 viewslifelong

The garages in Wales are open, travel restrictions are being lifted on Monday, Caravan sites are to be opened on the 13th July.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:10 - Jul 3 with 1245 viewsEbo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:51 - Jul 3 by rockinjac

Okay Ebo, ever considered this is someone from England who was going spend their money in Wales and now will be doing it in England?

Oh but as a Nationalist having the saes here is not to your taste I forget.

I'm sure we'll get by though aye

If Drakeford said “sod it let’s open it all up” and we end up in a scenario where cases accelerate and we end up back to square one then you’ll all be saying he ended it too early.

He’s dammed if he doesn’t and dammed if he does.

When the shit hits the fan over the border during the coming months, you’ll say he was right.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:18 - Jul 3 with 1236 viewsrockinjac

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:10 - Jul 3 by Ebo

If Drakeford said “sod it let’s open it all up” and we end up in a scenario where cases accelerate and we end up back to square one then you’ll all be saying he ended it too early.

He’s dammed if he doesn’t and dammed if he does.

When the shit hits the fan over the border during the coming months, you’ll say he was right.

You said sh1t would hit the fan when Boris announced the restrictions first being lifted.

Where is the dire consequences you and others predicted?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 18:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024