Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solar panels 10:32 - Jul 2 with 9101 viewsAguycalledJack

I posted on the new site, but as that appears to be currently down, does anybody have them? Pros and cons?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 10:33]
Solar panels on 12:06 - Jul 2 with 3592 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I have solar panels bought them at the very beginning when they were expensive but the government feed in tariff was high.

Had them nearly 8 years and they have paid for themselves.

Not sure about the current scheme if there is one. The solar panels are a lot cheaper now but I dont know what the payback period is.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Solar panels on 13:10 - Jul 2 with 3571 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 12:06 - Jul 2 by felixstowe_jack

I have solar panels bought them at the very beginning when they were expensive but the government feed in tariff was high.

Had them nearly 8 years and they have paid for themselves.

Not sure about the current scheme if there is one. The solar panels are a lot cheaper now but I dont know what the payback period is.

Parasites on the tax & energy bill paying public.
Solar panels (n/t) on 13:22 - Jul 2 with 3568 viewsWarwickHunt

Solar panels on 13:10 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

You really don’t help yourself, do you?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 13:23]
Solar panels on 13:32 - Jul 2 with 3552 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Solar panels on 13:10 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Just keep driving around in your polluting car and getting your energy from fossil fuels it is people like you who killing the planet.

Solar panels on 13:37 - Jul 2 with 3544 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 13:32 - Jul 2 by felixstowe_jack

Just keep driving around in your polluting car and getting your energy from fossil fuels it is people like you who killing the planet.

I suggest that you actually investigate the pollution involved with the manufacture and disposal of your so called green solar panels.
Without tax payer subsidies would you have invested in them, an honest answer please?

https://sciencing.com/toxic-chemicals-solar-panels-18393.html
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 13:39]
Solar panels on 13:47 - Jul 2 with 3537 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Solar panels on 13:37 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I suggest that you actually investigate the pollution involved with the manufacture and disposal of your so called green solar panels.
Without tax payer subsidies would you have invested in them, an honest answer please?

https://sciencing.com/toxic-chemicals-solar-panels-18393.html
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 13:39]

Modern panel yes they are cost effective. There is very little pollution in making solar panel they are only strips of plastic and metal. Their manufacture creates less pollution than home insulation.

Solar panels on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 3519 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 13:47 - Jul 2 by felixstowe_jack

Modern panel yes they are cost effective. There is very little pollution in making solar panel they are only strips of plastic and metal. Their manufacture creates less pollution than home insulation.

Well, that is not what the Science says, but if you want to believe it salve to your conscience that is fine by me.
Solar panels on 14:18 - Jul 2 with 3515 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 13:32 - Jul 2 by felixstowe_jack

So, what is your mode of transport that is saving the planet?

Mine is a 6 year old 997cc Kia Picanto that does around 45mpg.
I cover about 1200 miles a year.
If that is killing the planet then the planet is in really bad shape.

So you are one of the brainwashed millions that believe that fossil fuels are evil?
Login to get fewer ads

Solar panels on 15:05 - Jul 2 with 3503 viewsProfessor

Solar panels on 14:15 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, that is not what the Science says, but if you want to believe it salve to your conscience that is fine by me.

You know what-is actually not what science says. Solar is a remarkably efficient renewable energy source. There are some toxic chemicals-as there are in your Picanto, but a whole lot less than burning fossil fuels or nuclear waste. 'The Science" is a bought piece trying to discredit renewables.

One of my closest friends is an electrical engineer. He works in the National Grid control room. He is the biggest supporter of renewables including solar and wave tech-very annoyed about the barrage. That suggests to me where we need to look. Stop reading rubbish on the internet and actually read the proper science for once.

At Felixtowe gets some sun too!
Solar panels on 15:26 - Jul 2 with 3488 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 15:05 - Jul 2 by Professor

You know what-is actually not what science says. Solar is a remarkably efficient renewable energy source. There are some toxic chemicals-as there are in your Picanto, but a whole lot less than burning fossil fuels or nuclear waste. 'The Science" is a bought piece trying to discredit renewables.

One of my closest friends is an electrical engineer. He works in the National Grid control room. He is the biggest supporter of renewables including solar and wave tech-very annoyed about the barrage. That suggests to me where we need to look. Stop reading rubbish on the internet and actually read the proper science for once.

I know bullshit when I read it and that is what you have just written.
Without subsidies there would be no renewable anything.
No Wind, no Solar and no EVs, fortunes are being made off of the backs of Tax payers and Energy users all over the world.
Your closest friend must be a green nut to believe that any kind of non baseload renewables is good a thing for the grid.
Only hydro & pumped hydro back up is any use what so ever.

Where we need to look is at SMRs and especially MSRs which burn nuclear waste. Baseload has 2 to 3 times the life of Wind & Solar, so they are all going to have to be replaced at enormous costs in both cash and polution.

But you believe what you want and I will believe what I want.
Solar panels on 15:28 - Jul 2 with 3483 viewskarnataka

Solar panels on 15:05 - Jul 2 by Professor

Who on earth would want to discredit renewables? Oh yes, silly me, of course, those who are already wealthy beyond sanity but still want to make more millions derived either directly or indirectly from the global use of fossil fuels.
Solar panels on 15:34 - Jul 2 with 3479 viewsProfessor

Solar panels on 15:26 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

No Wind, no Solar and no EVs, fortunes are being made off of the backs of Tax payers and Energy users all over the world.
Your closest friend must be a green nut to believe that any kind of non baseload renewables is good a thing for the grid.

Where we need to look is at SMRs and especially MSRs which burn nuclear waste. Baseload has 2 to 3 times the life of Wind & Solar, so they are all going to have to be replaced at enormous costs in both cash and polution.

He controls your power supply. You are an absolute prat if you cannot see the contribution greenhouse gas pollution is making to global heating. You are believing the propaganda of a very nasty 2% of scientific thought. I will give you nuclear power is very efficient and green, once we know how to deal with the waste and overcome things going wrong like Fukushima beyond our control, Chernobyl or Three Mile Island (controllable). Get off these Neo-fascist, claptrap websites and read real science, produced by scientists not some idiot's blog.
Solar panels on 15:36 - Jul 2 with 3477 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 15:28 - Jul 2 by karnataka

Who on earth would want to discredit renewables? Oh yes, silly me, of course, those who are already wealthy beyond sanity but still want to make more millions derived either directly or indirectly from the global use of fossil fuels.

Wrong, who do you think is actually making the money on renewables, it certainly isn't you and me.
No it is the rich landowners and those that have shares in the businesses producing renewables and the likes of chancers like Dale Vince.
Just because it is "green" you actually think that it it is not the same players in action.
Your naivety is staggering.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 16:18]
Solar panels on 15:40 - Jul 2 with 3474 viewsWarwickHunt

Solar panels on 15:26 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

"Wind & Solar"

Are they an offshoot of Earth, Wind & Fire?
Solar panels on 15:43 - Jul 2 with 3471 viewsProfessor

Solar panels on 15:40 - Jul 2 by WarwickHunt

"Wind & Solar"

You left a member out- geothermal
Solar panels on 15:51 - Jul 2 with 3469 viewsWarwickHunt

Solar panels on 15:43 - Jul 2 by Professor

Downsizing.
Solar panels on 15:52 - Jul 2 with 3467 viewsHighjack

Solar panels on 15:43 - Jul 2 by Professor

That's where I get my pants from in the winter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Solar panels on 16:01 - Jul 2 with 3455 viewslondonlisa2001

Solar panels on 15:40 - Jul 2 by WarwickHunt

"Wind & Solar"

“ No Wind, no Solar and no EVs,
No money back no guarantees,“
Solar panels on 17:13 - Jul 2 with 3422 viewsWxmJax

Solar panels on 14:18 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

So, what is your mode of transport that is saving the planet?

Mine is a 6 year old 997cc Kia Picanto that does around 45mpg.
I cover about 1200 miles a year.
If that is killing the planet then the planet is in really bad shape.

So you are one of the brainwashed millions that believe that fossil fuels are evil?

1200 miles, I can believe that with all the reading you do. I can also believe that you have a Picanto.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Solar panels on 17:55 - Jul 2 with 3403 viewsProfessor

Solar panels on 17:13 - Jul 2 by WxmJax

1200 miles, I can believe that with all the reading you do. I can also believe that you have a Picanto.

The poor man’s Hyundai i10
Solar panels on 18:11 - Jul 2 with 3394 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 17:13 - Jul 2 by WxmJax

I cut my cloth to suit.
I have had the fast cars and the gas guzzlers many years ago, they no longer fit my lifestyle, which is to drive to Tescos once a month and run my Son and Grandchildren around if required.
I walk to the local shops for day to day living, although in the lockdown I have been driving once a week to them to avoid contact.
Solar panels on 18:14 - Jul 2 with 3389 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 17:55 - Jul 2 by Professor

The poor man’s Hyundai i10

Yes from the same factory as the i10, except mine happens to be the special VR7 version, so not quite as poor as some. It meets my needs OK.
Solar panels on 18:21 - Jul 2 with 3384 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Solar panels on 15:34 - Jul 2 by Professor

He controls your power supply. You are an absolute prat if you cannot see the contribution greenhouse gas pollution is making to global heating. You are believing the propaganda of a very nasty 2% of scientific thought. I will give you nuclear power is very efficient and green, once we know how to deal with the waste and overcome things going wrong like Fukushima beyond our control, Chernobyl or Three Mile Island (controllable). Get off these Neo-fascist, claptrap websites and read real science, produced by scientists not some idiot's blog.

More total Climate Change Bullshit, but you carry on believing it and St Greta.
I have read the "real science" as you call it, when it in actual fact is the propaganda coming out of the UN and IPCC.
You actually believe the 98% of scientists crap which shows how brainwashed you are.
You of all people should know that science is not conducted by consensus.
I am truly sorry for you.
Solar panels on 19:09 - Jul 2 with 3362 viewsProfessor

Solar panels on 18:14 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes from the same factory as the i10, except mine happens to be the special VR7 version, so not quite as poor as some. It meets my needs OK.

I've had both the more recent sporty Picanto and the I!0 as courtesy cars-really good little cars, especially the pokey Picanto. I have a VW Up! which is a bit more sure on the road for my mind. Great for my use-we have a Mini Countryman as a family car, but I rarely drive the 'big' car.
Solar panels on 19:27 - Jul 2 with 3350 viewsCatullus

Solar panels on 15:36 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Wrong, who do you think is actually making the money on renewables, it certainly isn't you and me.
No it is the rich landowners and those that have shares in the businesses producing renewables and the likes of chancers like Dale Vince.
Just because it is "green" you actually think that it it is not the same players in action.
Your naivety is staggering.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 16:18]

That is down to government policy though. The government has looked after it';s rich friends. That is just my opinion of course.
I think all utilities should be nationalised and that includes renewables, the government should pay for all of it not give money to private business that costs tax payers a fortune. Then, when the renewables have paid for themselves the profits should be used to keep taxes down OR the utility should be run as not for profit.

If you can't agree that fossil fuels are destroying the planet then think about the recent lockdown, UK air pollution more than halved in many areas because most vehicles weren't being used. There was an increase in pollution is some areas caused by fossil fuel using power stations ramping up production.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024