Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. 13:35 - Jul 26 with 10469 viewsItchySphincter

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 14:03 - Jul 26 with 7125 viewschad

Surely you mean the Swansea City fansnetwork forum. Planet Swans is the other sight ;)
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:02 - Jul 26 with 7081 viewsBLAZE

The new forum is superior in just about every way from a technical perspective, but people don't like change and for as long as this place remains open and bookmarks keep pointing in this direction, the switch over is going to be slow

In the mean time we have two quiet messageboards
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 15:03]
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:05 - Jul 26 with 7069 viewsswancity

This one is much better imo Especially now that Prosser has gone

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:07 - Jul 26 with 7066 viewsNeath_Jack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:02 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

The new forum is superior in just about every way from a technical perspective, but people don't like change and for as long as this place remains open and bookmarks keep pointing in this direction, the switch over is going to be slow

When you say superior from a technical perspective, for us plebs who just post words on a screen, what do you mean? You're correct about change mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:51 - Jul 26 with 7002 viewsItchySphincter

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:02 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

Too right.

The other site needs a poll function though.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:29 - Jul 26 with 6970 viewsGroo

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 15:51 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

Too right.

The other site needs a poll function though.

It has one

Groo does what Groo does best

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:37 - Jul 26 with 6965 viewsItchySphincter

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:29 - Jul 26 by Groo

It has one

I know that now.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 16:52 - Jul 26 with 6943 viewslifelong

What is the point in having two forums?

It seems to be splitting the fan base.

At the moment I prefer this site because I am used to it, but I am moving over to the new site and will soon get used to that.
Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:11 - Jul 26 with 6911 viewsAndyCole

This one seems to have more football focus, less politics, less angsty and bitchy.

Is there a thread for today's game ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:16 - Jul 26 with 6903 viewsJackinexile1

Technical waw, no-one cares except Phil who makes more money on that one.

We have a nice message board here now.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 17:24 - Jul 26 with 6892 viewsJackinexile1

This is always going to be open, not sure why you seem upset about that? Its not a monopoly... people prefer it without Darran and the goons.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 19:34 - Jul 26 with 6824 viewsLeonWasGod

It may well be better technically, but this one is a lot easier to interact with, especially on a small screen. Quicker to use too.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 19:53 - Jul 26 with 6807 viewsBLAZE

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 19:34 - Jul 26 by LeonWasGod

It may well be better technically, but this one is a lot easier to interact with, especially on a small screen. Quicker to use too.

The other site is fully adaptable to mobile devices, this one is anything but. In fact it would've been considered limited back in the 90s. I'm not here to change opinions though - contrary to what that strange fella above seems to think, I have no vested interest and couldn't care less where you guys go. If you prefer this place then crack on with it 👍
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:00 - Jul 26 with 6792 viewsJackinexile1

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 19:53 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

The other site is fully adaptable to mobile devices, this one is anything but. In fact it would've been considered limited back in the 90s. I'm not here to change opinions though - contrary to what that strange fella above seems to think, I have no vested interest and couldn't care less where you guys go. If you prefer this place then crack on with it 👍

Cool, stop trying to convince us then.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:06 - Jul 26 with 6784 viewsBLAZE

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:00 - Jul 26 by Jackinexile1

Cool, stop trying to convince us then.

Stop looking for an argument, you don't want another telling off from the site owner 😂
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:38 - Jul 26 with 6739 viewschad

I would have to disagree given the technology is the servant of the user experience

Also there are issues of impartiality of control
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:53 - Jul 26 with 6710 viewsandrewcalo

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 14:03 - Jul 26 by chad

Surely you mean the Swansea City fansnetwork forum. Planet Swans is the other sight ;)

Where is the other site?
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:05 - Jul 26 with 6692 viewsBLAZE

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:38 - Jul 26 by chad

I would have to disagree given the technology is the servant of the user experience

Also there are issues of impartiality of control

No, it's definitely a statement of fact to claim the new place utilises newer technology, much of which intended to improve user experience. The big thing this forum has going for it, is that people are used to it. Resistance to change and all that

I'm not getting into an argument though, you're as monotonous as Lisa when it comes to those! Have a nice evening Chad 🙂
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:09 - Jul 26 with 6680 viewsBLAZE

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 20:53 - Jul 26 by andrewcalo

Where is the other site?

Not entirely sure if we're allowed to share links, but I'll risk a ban considering this place is dead anyway (you wouldn't think we'd just won a play off semi final!)

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:15 - Jul 26 with 6657 viewsNeath_Jack

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:05 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

No, it's definitely a statement of fact to claim the new place utilises newer technology, much of which intended to improve user experience. The big thing this forum has going for it, is that people are used to it. Resistance to change and all that

I'm not getting into an argument though, you're as monotonous as Lisa when it comes to those! Have a nice evening Chad 🙂

I asked you nicely Blaze, how is it better for the end user?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 6638 viewsItchySphincter

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:05 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

You are of course correct in every way.

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:36 - Jul 26 with 6611 viewsJackinexile1

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:09 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

Not entirely sure if we're allowed to share links, but I'll risk a ban considering this place is dead anyway (you wouldn't think we'd just won a play off semi final!)

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/

Please stop begging us.

You done that logo up the top, poor... I remember you from back in the day with a swans fake taxi on your car but left a couple of boys on their own.
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:38 - Jul 26 with 6608 viewsBLAZE

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:15 - Jul 26 by Neath_Jack

I asked you nicely Blaze, how is it better for the end user?

A lot of the smaller details I've noticed are hard to explain, but a few things

- Far more control and options over post formatting
- Notification if someone has replied to a post in the time you were writing your own
- Notification section informing you if you've been quoted or liked
- The search function is on a different planet to the one on this site
- The forum adapts to whether you're holding your phone horizontally or vertically
- Has a dark mode for those who like that sort of thing
- You can customise the site settings under Board Preferences
- Clearer thread marker system informing you whether a thread has received new replies since you last viewed it
- You can message multiple recipients in one message (so it's kinda like comparing WhatsApp with SMS)
- An Active Topics view which means you can view posts made across all forums in one list - saves you jumping between the Football Talk section and Just Not Football section

Small things but they add up
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:40 - Jul 26 with 6600 viewsJackinexile1

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:38 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

A lot of the smaller details I've noticed are hard to explain, but a few things

- Far more control and options over post formatting
- Notification if someone has replied to a post in the time you were writing your own
- Notification section informing you if you've been quoted or liked
- The search function is on a different planet to the one on this site
- The forum adapts to whether you're holding your phone horizontally or vertically
- Has a dark mode for those who like that sort of thing
- You can customise the site settings under Board Preferences
- Clearer thread marker system informing you whether a thread has received new replies since you last viewed it
- You can message multiple recipients in one message (so it's kinda like comparing WhatsApp with SMS)
- An Active Topics view which means you can view posts made across all forums in one list - saves you jumping between the Football Talk section and Just Not Football section

Small things but they add up

PMSL

why you on here?
Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 6593 viewsBLAZE

Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite. on 21:36 - Jul 26 by Jackinexile1

Please stop begging us.

You done that logo up the top, poor... I remember you from back in the day with a swans fake taxi on your car but left a couple of boys on their own.

I'd love for you to expand on that because I don't have the first clue what the d*ck you're talking about (I'd highlight the part of your quote I'm referring to but this forum doesn't allow me to do that!)

And short of signing up and posting a few times I have absolutely no ties to the new place nor have I made any banners for it. I'm just speaking the truth. This place is ancient. Not opinion, fact. It would've been outdated in the 90s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024