Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. 23:36 - Sep 22 with 7266 viewsNotLoyal

WYCOMBE WANDERERS V SWANSEA CITY
ADAMS PARK, HIGH WYCOMBE
SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2020
KICK OFF 12.30PM
SKY SPORTS LIVE

REFEREE : A bloke called Geoff.

This is Geoff, he is from County Durham and is quite an ugly man.

This is Gareth Ainsworth coming off stage at Reading last year
This is Steve Cooper, unrivalled in the facial stakes. He is non negotiable.

History. The name Wycombe appears to come from the river Wye and the old English word for a wooded valley, combe, but... Modern-day High Wycombe. High Wycombe comprises a number of suburbs including Booker, Bowerdean, Castlefield, Cressex,... Demography. High Wycombe's population figure differs with the varying definitions of the town's area

Already you can see the whole area is a confusion of words, in the above passage the author clearly wrote all the words they know but in no particular order. The town itself is described by its locals as a chav town, my understanding of this term is - generic dressed young people who don't wash, talk like they are from Jamaica or Barnsley and eat chips and sewerage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fat bloke James Corden supports local side West Ham, Corden was raised in Wycombe but born in Hillingdon which was at the time the closest hospital for fat babies. Corden is married to Julian Clarey and they have numerous children.
Other famous people from Wycombe are Terry Pratchet, the drummer from Pentangle, Ian Dury and Matt Dawson the oblong chasing cooking bloke who has been booted off a question of sport.

Memories from 26 years ago are rekindled as Swansea City beat Wycombe over two legs in the 1994 Autoglass semi finals. Here we see Swansea Independent columnist Roger Freestone lifting the trophy at that Wembley. Swansea City are the only team to win a trophy at the old Wembley, the new Wembley and at Leckwith when the FA played their major finals there. Swansea are good at winning. Well done.
**As a footnote you will see some local MP in the background, he supports whatever team he wants to so as to improve his overall cock rating with whichever constituency he represents"" I think it's Michael Howard MP who along with Leon Briton MP went on to play for Swansea City **

And now for some football
Swansea have won 6 of their games against Wycombe. Wycombe have also won 6, with 2 being a draw.

Did you know?
Swansea and Wycombe have met in the Autoglass Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Auto windscreens Trophy and the Johnstone Paints Trophy. It is genuinely possible had Swansea not become Wales greatest ever football side winning a major trophy and going on a European journey with internationals in World Cup Finals playing for six of the top ten countries in the world they would have also met in the Checkatrade Trophy as well. But Swansea at the time were shit hot. Wycombe were not..

The Wycombe Wanderers squad is now somewhat depleted since their return to action this season. During lockdown they took the opportunity to grow old and eat Mars bars. The game is LIVE on SKY and Wycombe Wanderers should be ashamed of themselves.

MORE TO FOLLOW.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:48]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 10:10 - Sep 23 with 2954 viewsKGriz16

I didnt realize we were on Sky beforehand, I've just paid for Folly Farm tickets for me and my toddler! I would have gone Sunday instead, never mind. I'm hoping for some change for this game, or at least for us to get a couple goals under our belt. Let's do some experimenting here Steve.

I'd love a 4-3-3, but doubt that I'll see it. Another 5-3-2. 1-0 win.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 11:21 - Sep 23 with 2934 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Agreed. Would like to see Cullen as out and out fox in the box (or atleast something consistently in the box) and Fulton for Smith. Give Ayew and Lowe the chance to stretch their defence away from Cullen.

(and a pic of Geoff's big house in Co Durham)
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:42 - Sep 23 with 2836 views1983

I think it's Michael Howard MP who along with Leon Briton MP went on to play for Swansea City **

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:31 - Sep 25 with 2440 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Does anyone know if English teams will be allowed to travel to Wales to play Swansea,Cardiff and Newport after the new travel restrictions are introduced on Sunday. Likewise are Welsh teams allowed to leave lockdown areas to travel to England?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:51 - Sep 25 with 2424 viewsNWSwans

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:31 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

Does anyone know if English teams will be allowed to travel to Wales to play Swansea,Cardiff and Newport after the new travel restrictions are introduced on Sunday. Likewise are Welsh teams allowed to leave lockdown areas to travel to England?

I’m fairly certain, professional sport is exempt from all travel restrictions
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 18:06 - Sep 25 with 2372 viewsjasper_T

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:31 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

Working is allowed, pleasure is banned.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:24 - Sep 25 with 2350 viewsBadlands

Anyone know if viewing this can be bought for a one off payment?
thanks

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:41 - Sep 25 with 2346 viewscockneyswan

My mrs wants me take her shopping at Trostre Park tomorrow lunch time, I don’t know that area very well, does anyone know any pubs will be showing tomorrow’s game in that area? I know I’m a wimp, thanks in advance🤞
Login to get fewer ads

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:48 - Sep 25 with 2341 viewsjasper_T

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:41 - Sep 25 by cockneyswan

My mrs wants me take her shopping at Trostre Park tomorrow lunch time, I don’t know that area very well, does anyone know any pubs will be showing tomorrow’s game in that area? I know I’m a wimp, thanks in advance🤞

Llanelli's in lockdown, isn't it?
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 20:09 - Sep 25 with 2331 viewscockneyswan

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:48 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

Llanelli's in lockdown, isn't it?

18:00 lockdown commences.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 20:11]
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 20:15 - Sep 25 with 2320 viewsjasper_T

Better rush while it's still safe, then.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 20:33 - Sep 25 with 2310 viewscsf

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:24 - Sep 25 by Badlands

Anyone know if viewing this can be bought for a one off payment?
thanks

It can't as it is on sky.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 21:15 - Sep 25 with 2289 viewsChief

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 19:41 - Sep 25 by cockneyswan

Best closest bet is the halfway hotel near Parc Y Starlets lights. Not 100% that they have sky but I think they do. The football club at Stebonheath Park is only an extra 5 minutes drive and they have sky.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 02:44 - Sep 26 with 2229 viewscockneyswan

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 21:15 - Sep 25 by Chief

Best closest bet is the halfway hotel near Parc Y Starlets lights. Not 100% that they have sky but I think they do. The football club at Stebonheath Park is only an extra 5 minutes drive and they have sky.

👍
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 09:33 - Sep 26 with 2175 viewsNotLoyal

Looking forward to this one, there will be goals.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 10:39 - Sep 26 with 2161 viewsFireboy2

They havent won, lost 5 nil last time out, we look solid at the back but with little cutting edge in attack but play well with the wing backs away from home.

They should attack being at home so touch wood it will suit our 3-5-2 system but ainsworth is a canny manager so watch out boys.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 2117 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Unchanged team.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:21 - Sep 26 with 2048 views34dfgdf54

Come on you beauties

I’m fancying MGW to put on a show
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:28 - Sep 26 with 2024 viewsNotLoyal

Just minutes to kick off, here are today's match facts.

Wycombe and Swansea haven’t faced each other in any competition since October 2007, when the Swans won 2-0 in a Football League Trophy match.
Swansea’s last away league visit to Wycombe was back in September 2004, winning 1-0 in League Two thanks to an Andy Robinson goal.
Wycombe have lost their opening two matches in the second tier — the last team to lose their first three games at this level were Colchester United back in 2006.
Swansea are looking to keep clean sheets in their opening three league matches of a season for the first time in their league history.
Wycombe Wanderers have completed just 185 successful passes in their opening two Championship games, 190 fewer than any other side.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:36 - Sep 26 with 1989 viewsNotLoyal

Teams

I'll get the hang of it one day.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 12:41]

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:40 - Sep 26 with 1966 viewsNotLoyal

Lazy start from us, errors and misplaced passes.

OK I've changed it.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:44 - Sep 26 with 1949 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Good goal.

We’re cutting them apart.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:47 - Sep 26 with 1923 viewsjasper_T

Smith's a far better pushing forward box to box than whatever holding role we were trying to shoehorn him into.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:52 - Sep 26 with 1905 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wycombe are horrific. We are doing a very professional job. Gibbs White oozes class.

It’s on terrestrial television over here which is a bonus.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:52 - Sep 26 with 1902 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 12:44 - Sep 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Good goal.

We’re cutting them apart.

Another fantastic cross from Bidwell. Started the season on fire

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024