Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has happened to the Left? 09:26 - Sep 27 with 3311 viewsLohengrin

How have they arrived at this optimal level idiocy? By what road did they travel and why do they now traverse it by skateboard? Why in God’s name do so many of them seem to be running around the place with skateboards tucked under their arms? If somebody knows the answer I’d love to hear it. Is it perhaps a means of carrying a weapon they think they can get away with?

In living memory the Left has gone from this:

Men and women who looked like you, spoke in language you could understand and identify with, to this:

The sort of ideological carrion any self-respecting crow would turn its beak up at. How has it come to this? Answers on a postcard please...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What has happened to the Left? on 09:35 - Sep 27 with 1917 viewsHighjack

Some of the comments on that are so beautifully Irish.

“She needs a good kick up the hole”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What has happened to the Left? on 09:37 - Sep 27 with 1911 viewsLohengrin

What has happened to the Left? on 09:35 - Sep 27 by Highjack

Some of the comments on that are so beautifully Irish.

“She needs a good kick up the hole”

In that case my Father must be part-Irish, he always used to say that’s what I needed...

What has happened to the Left? on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 1899 viewsonehunglow

I was brought up to believe the Labour part /socilaism was all about tolerance ,freedom of expression and speech.Looking around their ranks,I dont see much evidence of that.

Anyone not voting for them is abused/insulted and pigeon holed as vile.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What has happened to the Left? on 09:55 - Sep 27 with 1892 viewsLohengrin

What has happened to the Left? on 09:46 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

I was brought up to believe the Labour part /socilaism was all about tolerance ,freedom of expression and speech.Looking around their ranks,I dont see much evidence of that.

Anyone not voting for them is abused/insulted and pigeon holed as vile.

‘Vile’ and ‘Rancid.’ Those are the two must-have adjectives they preface every attack on those unlike them; which, let’s be honest, is everybody who washes, shaves and works for a living.

Those two crop up endlessly, relentlessly. It’s either a case of monkey-see-monkey-do or rigid adherence to NUJ guidelines. Probably a bit of both.

What has happened to the Left? on 10:11 - Sep 27 with 1878 viewsNotLoyal

Living in a country where torys and labour are the last thing on people’s minds when it comes to the polls I’ve always found these discussions interesting. Mind you we do have versions of left and right here, just more extreme sadly.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What has happened to the Left? on 10:17 - Sep 27 with 1873 viewsonehunglow

Vile ...Better not get me started on the word.

This country has free elections and we can vote as we wish.If somebody wants to vote Plaid ,Green or Loony,then I'll respect their right to do exactly that. I wont use perjoratives as a result when in discourse.

Labour under Corbyn shed any semblance of equality and free expression.He sent the party back 60 years.

Ive been reading Lloyd George Diaries and also about his financial dealings. These days he would be described as a bent Tory b@stard . Great prime minister but devious like few others and corrupt to boot.

What has happened to the Left? on 11:00 - Sep 27 with 1851 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 09:37 - Sep 27 by Lohengrin

In that case my Father must be part-Irish, he always used to say that’s what I needed...

Perhaps I’ve just been watching too much Father Ted. Anything regarding up the hole or kicked up the arse transforms into an Irish accent in my head.

As for the question of the sort of person in the bottom photo, my guess would be too much oestrogen in the water supply.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

What has happened to the Left? on 11:21 - Sep 27 with 1828 viewsonehunglow

Think Father Ted is now rather dated.

Login to get fewer ads

What has happened to the Left? on 11:33 - Sep 27 with 1815 viewsKilkennyjack

What has happened to the Left? on 10:17 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Vile ...Better not get me started on the word.

This country has free elections and we can vote as we wish.If somebody wants to vote Plaid ,Green or Loony,then I'll respect their right to do exactly that. I wont use perjoratives as a result when in discourse.

Labour under Corbyn shed any semblance of equality and free expression.He sent the party back 60 years.

Ive been reading Lloyd George Diaries and also about his financial dealings. These days he would be described as a bent Tory b@stard . Great prime minister but devious like few others and corrupt to boot.

Corbyn useless.

But only 5 years.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 11:36]

Beware of the Risen People

What has happened to the Left? on 11:42 - Sep 27 with 1802 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 11:21 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

I think it’s hilarious, and Graham Linehan has made it his life’s work to annoy all the oddballs on twitter so he’s ok with me.

What has happened to the Left? on 11:58 - Sep 27 with 1795 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What has happened to the Left? on 11:33 - Sep 27 by Kilkennyjack

Corbyn useless.

But only 5 years.

Somebody needs to do some maths
2019 General election

Conservatives 43.6
Labour 32.2
If labour has gained 3% and the conservatives lost 3% the figures would be
Conservatives 40.3
Labour 35.2

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What has happened to the Left? on 12:14 - Sep 27 with 1781 viewsonehunglow

Glad you enjoy it all. I do have a problem over the Irish and Catholicism and the abuse of many for decades .I admit I’m jaundiced.

Had an Irish girlfriend once though.

What has happened to the Left? on 12:25 - Sep 27 with 1771 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 12:14 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Glad you enjoy it all. I do have a problem over the Irish and Catholicism and the abuse of many for decades .I admit I’m jaundiced.

Had an Irish girlfriend once though.

Come on now, be fair. If there are 200 million catholic priests in the world and 5% are paedophiles that’s only ten million.

What has happened to the Left? on 12:30 - Sep 27 with 1765 viewsonehunglow

Hmm.

In fairness I’ve the same contempt for C of E clergy.

It’s just me ...

Out to lunch now.

Have super afternoon

What has happened to the Left? on 13:55 - Sep 27 with 1736 viewsTreforys_Jack

What has happened to the Left? on 11:21 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Nooooooo, still hilarious.
What has happened to the Left? on 13:57 - Sep 27 with 1734 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 11:42 - Sep 27 by Highjack

I think it’s hilarious, and Graham Linehan has made it his life’s work to annoy all the oddballs on twitter so he’s ok with me.

Ahh a quick googling shows that he has been cancelled from social media for tweeting that men aren’t women. Looks like the oddballs have won.

What has happened to the Left? on 13:59 - Sep 27 with 1733 viewsCatullus

What has happened to the Left? on 11:33 - Sep 27 by Kilkennyjack

Corbyn useless.

But only 5 years.

Lets ignore that the polls have often been very inaccurate, just plain wrong quite recently and just remeber one simple thing, whatever the polls say is subject to change from poll to poll. It's not a fixed point or a direction that can't or won't change.

In another 2 years the polls could point in the other direction. In 4 yars the country could be massively tory. Everything is possible.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What has happened to the Left? on 14:03 - Sep 27 with 1729 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 13:59 - Sep 27 by Catullus

Lets ignore that the polls have often been very inaccurate, just plain wrong quite recently and just remeber one simple thing, whatever the polls say is subject to change from poll to poll. It's not a fixed point or a direction that can't or won't change.

In another 2 years the polls could point in the other direction. In 4 yars the country could be massively tory. Everything is possible.

Opinium only uses samples of about 2000 people. How anybody can extrapolate that to an electorate of nearly fifty million and claim to be anywhere near accurate is beyond me.

What has happened to the Left? on 14:07 - Sep 27 with 1724 viewsDr_Winston

Given how badly Boris has been managing things lately, only now going a couple of points ahead in the polls is hardly a ringing endorsement for Starmer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What has happened to the Left? on 14:27 - Sep 27 with 1714 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What has happened to the Left? on 11:58 - Sep 27 by felixstowe_jack

Somebody needs to do some maths
2019 General election

Conservatives 43.6
Labour 32.2
If labour has gained 3% and the conservatives lost 3% the figures would be
Conservatives 40.3
Labour 35.2

The +3 and -3 are the change from the last poll by this company a month ago.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What has happened to the Left? on 14:27 - Sep 27 with 1714 viewsLohengrin

What has happened to the Left? on 14:07 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

Given how badly Boris has been managing things lately, only now going a couple of points ahead in the polls is hardly a ringing endorsement for Starmer.

I’ve been leafing through Owen Jones’ latest book this morning, Doc. Now I don’t really know what his intentions were in putting pen to paper but all he’s really succeeded in doing is emptying a bucket of slop over the heads of Labour’s leading members. If even half of it is true then they’re unfit to run a bath unsupervised much less the nation.

I was laughing out loud reading the part about Ian Lavery shaping up to fill Starmer in. On reflection though it’s not really a laughing matter, Boris and co. form what is without doubt one of the most inept shambles it’s been my lot to witness; the realisation that there is no effective, viable opposition remotely capable of stepping up is as chastening a realisation as I can recall.

Read it and weep...

[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 14:30]

What has happened to the Left? on 14:28 - Sep 27 with 1713 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 14:07 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

He’s hardly inspiring a nation to his cause. His biggest problem apart from the raging civil war in the party is the fact that he’s a remarkably boring chap.

What has happened to the Left? on 14:32 - Sep 27 with 1701 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What has happened to the Left? on 14:28 - Sep 27 by Highjack

He’s hardly inspiring a nation to his cause. His biggest problem apart from the raging civil war in the party is the fact that he’s a remarkably boring chap.

This is absolutely true.

Having said that, the way Boris is performing being staggeringly boring will look like a breath of fresh air soon.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What has happened to the Left? on 14:51 - Sep 27 with 1683 viewsDr_Winston

What has happened to the Left? on 14:27 - Sep 27 by Lohengrin

I’ve been leafing through Owen Jones’ latest book this morning, Doc. Now I don’t really know what his intentions were in putting pen to paper but all he’s really succeeded in doing is emptying a bucket of slop over the heads of Labour’s leading members. If even half of it is true then they’re unfit to run a bath unsupervised much less the nation.

I was laughing out loud reading the part about Ian Lavery shaping up to fill Starmer in. On reflection though it’s not really a laughing matter, Boris and co. form what is without doubt one of the most inept shambles it’s been my lot to witness; the realisation that there is no effective, viable opposition remotely capable of stepping up is as chastening a realisation as I can recall.

Read it and weep...

I doubt enough people take Owen Jones seriously for anything he publishes to be more than a fringe irritant. Even on the left he's becoming a bit of a joke for his shifting positions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What has happened to the Left? on 14:57 - Sep 27 with 1677 viewsHighjack

What has happened to the Left? on 14:27 - Sep 27 by Lohengrin

Read it and weep...

Yes I picked up a copy too. Not to read but Asda had run out of bog roll.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024