Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170488 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:07 - Oct 4 with 1263 viewsDJack

Any comments?

https://www.businessinsider.com/chris-wallace-warns-fox-news-viewers-wear-the-da

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:14 - Oct 4 with 1253 viewsDJack

So Trump downplays a pandemic then eventually gets hospitalised by it and is supporters in the UK go silent...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:15 - Oct 4 with 1252 viewsDJack

Trump goes into the first debate with him and his team knowing he is ill and they say nought - you all stay silent.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:19 - Oct 4 with 1246 viewsDJack

The President is stated to be on a trial drug (and not hydroxychloroquine) that is not available to the rest of the poulation and no cries of "elites"...I'm shocked I tell you!

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:46 - Oct 4 with 1227 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:07 - Oct 4 by DJack

Any comments?

https://www.businessinsider.com/chris-wallace-warns-fox-news-viewers-wear-the-da

About Chris Wallace telling people to wear a mask?

Not really. Why?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:48 - Oct 4 with 1223 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:46 - Oct 4 by Dr_Parnassus

About Chris Wallace telling people to wear a mask?

Not really. Why?

You know why he did it, yes/no.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:49 - Oct 4 with 1215 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:14 - Oct 4 by DJack

So Trump downplays a pandemic then eventually gets hospitalised by it and is supporters in the UK go silent...

You are making strange comments here and expecting people to respond to them with insight?

It’s a virus with a 99.5% survival rate. I downplay the flu and have got it before, not sure what point you are making? I will still downplay the flu and say regardless of the 650,000 flu or flu related deaths per year life shouldn’t come to a halt.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 0:50]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:50 - Oct 4 with 1211 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:48 - Oct 4 by DJack

You know why he did it, yes/no.

Know why he did what?

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:53 - Oct 4 with 1208 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:50 - Oct 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Know why he did what?

Dont play dumb.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:54 - Oct 4 with 1204 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:53 - Oct 4 by DJack

Dont play dumb.

Djack, if you want to ask me a question ask me, don’t talk in riddles please.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:41 - Oct 4 with 1181 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:42 - Oct 1 by Dr_Parnassus

None, what he said was spot on.

Tucker Carlson is one of the most effective people in political media. His analysis of situations is outstanding time and time again.

If you haven’t listened to it then I highly recommend it. By all means of you think his political allegiances have caused him to say something inaccurate then stick it on here, but I’m sure you will find it as accurate as I do.

The only thing he didn’t touch upon was Wallace, but that may be because they are colleagues.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 11:56]

"Tucker Carlson is one of the most effective people in political media. His analysis of situations is outstanding time and time again. "

Oh really...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tucker-carlson-compares-trump-to-sex-assa

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:22 - Oct 4 with 1150 viewsGlyn1

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:06 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

The best President I can remember in my life time.

Without question.

Since Joe Biden is in every way a superior human being then I guess that that the election will be good for you whoever wins.

Biden is the equivalent of David Cameron, i.e. a slightly left of centre Conservative. I'd never vote for him in our elections but he's the best choice for the US right now. I've never heard anything bad about him personally, unlike the sleazeball, women molesting, tax avoiding prick that is Trump.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:42 - Oct 4 with 1140 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:49 - Oct 4 by Dr_Parnassus

You are making strange comments here and expecting people to respond to them with insight?

It’s a virus with a 99.5% survival rate. I downplay the flu and have got it before, not sure what point you are making? I will still downplay the flu and say regardless of the 650,000 flu or flu related deaths per year life shouldn’t come to a halt.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 0:50]

There's prevantative and medical treatment for flu.

Groo does what Groo does best

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:59 - Oct 4 with 1140 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:42 - Oct 4 by Groo

And yet up to 650,000 people still die.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:52 - Oct 4 with 1092 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:22 - Oct 4 by Glyn1

Since Joe Biden is in every way a superior human being then I guess that that the election will be good for you whoever wins.

Biden is the equivalent of David Cameron, i.e. a slightly left of centre Conservative. I'd never vote for him in our elections but he's the best choice for the US right now. I've never heard anything bad about him personally, unlike the sleazeball, women molesting, tax avoiding prick that is Trump.

You obviously know nothing about Mr Biden then.
Or his son, or the rest of his family.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 1091 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:42 - Oct 4 by Groo

As there is for COVID-19.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:55 - Oct 4 with 1090 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:15 - Oct 4 by DJack

Trump goes into the first debate with him and his team knowing he is ill and they say nought - you all stay silent.

Did you read the in NYT?
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:55 - Oct 4 with 1089 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Doc, this explains a lot about the attitudes to the mass media.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:53 - Oct 4 with 1065 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:19 - Oct 4 by DJack

The President is stated to be on a trial drug (and not hydroxychloroquine) that is not available to the rest of the poulation and no cries of "elites"...I'm shocked I tell you!

Why would anyone cry "elites", so he elected and they elected him to be included in the trial.
I would say a braver man than many, taking a completely untested antibody concoction, in combination with a drug that has known adverse side affects.
A combination of 2 treatments that could combine their side affects to kill him.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:54 - Oct 4 with 1061 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:41 - Oct 4 by DJack

"Tucker Carlson is one of the most effective people in political media. His analysis of situations is outstanding time and time again. "

Oh really...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tucker-carlson-compares-trump-to-sex-assa

Why lefties hate Tucker Carlson.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/10/why-establishment-media-hates-tucker-ca
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:04 - Oct 4 with 1040 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:54 - Oct 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Why lefties hate Tucker Carlson.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/10/why-establishment-media-hates-tucker-ca

I missed that comment.

Yes DJack, really. By quite some distance.

What he says is absolutely spot on, the left are victim blaming by saying he deserves it. I’m unsure why you felt that link suggests anything otherwise than what I stated.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:06]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:06 - Oct 4 with 1038 viewsJoe_bradshaw

How far right do people have to be to consider the Democratic Party of America to be “lefties”?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:09 - Oct 4 with 1031 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tucker is a juggernaut.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-most-powerful-pe

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:31 - Oct 4 with 1020 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:06 - Oct 4 by Joe_bradshaw

How far right do people have to be to consider the Democratic Party of America to be “lefties”?

About 1" to the right of centre.
Perhaps you do not recognise the "Green New Deal" for what it is?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:42]
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:24 - Oct 4 with 996 viewsBoundy

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:22 - Oct 4 by Glyn1

Its hard to believe that a long standing political system in one of the most consistent democracies in the world and Joe Biden is the best candidate that the Democratic party can offer to lead .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024