Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170608 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:26 - Oct 1 with 3222 viewsNotLoyal

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:49 - Oct 1 by Dr_Parnassus

It really was a bad watch. I feared as much in my OP that it would turn into a Social Media slagging match as opposed to a decent political debate. Unfortunately that transpired to be accurate.

I do wonder however if this lack of ability to exchange ideas has stemmed from the modern University's which has then shaped our modern culture of intolerance and fear of the oppositions opinion. Unfortunately those normal kids going into these campuses seem to be coming out the other side hardened lefties.

These Universities are now sanitised from diverse thought, full of safe spaces and group think. Ideas aren’t allowed to be aired and many don’t even allow certain speakers at the campus, if they are booked then they are blocked by the far left students... and sometimes even the lecturers.

Universities should be a hotbed if discussion, diverse thought and open discussion - currently they are the opposite and it’s having an affect on society as a whole. Again I point to this board as a prime example, those debates weren’t anything wildly different to what we see on here.

Refusal to debate, preference to abuse or attack character, the other side must be the enemy or evil. I was called a racist for not supporting a Marxist organisation the other day and explaining why I didn’t in great detail (which had nothing to do with race). These cheap attacks and lack of willing to discuss politics is exactly what we saw.

The Democrats and media have probably spent more time in the last 6 months trying to dig any kind of dirt in order to make it into something it isn’t or completely fabricate all together than actually working on their policies and improving their goals.

Was Biden medicated because he looked like someone on a one hour buzz.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:01 - Oct 2 with 3164 viewsKerouac

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:26 - Oct 1 by NotLoyal

Was Biden medicated because he looked like someone on a one hour buzz.

To me he looked broken.
Watch it again with the sound turned down, just pay attention to the body language...Biden's head goes down, he appears sorry for himself, sad even and he really loses his shit when Trump goes for his son.
He is made to look weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:51 - Oct 2 with 3128 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:01 - Oct 2 by Kerouac

To me he looked broken.
Watch it again with the sound turned down, just pay attention to the body language...Biden's head goes down, he appears sorry for himself, sad even and he really loses his shit when Trump goes for his son.
He is made to look weak.

The two times he looked most under pressure is the part you mention about his son, and where he was refusing to answer whether he would pack the court - he even snapped telling Trump to “Shut the hell up!”, shame he wasn’t made to answer.

It was amazing the nonsense questions Trump had regarding the riots when Biden’s running mate was publicly asking for donations to a fund that would act to bail out rioters that were burning down people’s homes.

Can you imagine the furore if Trump or Pence were doing the same for far right groups burning down people’s homes and business? Threatening politicians, intimidating then by standing outside their homes and screaming threats at them, intimidating and attacking the public if they don’t match their views to theirs.

Horrific.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:18 - Oct 2 with 3096 viewsBest_loser

Trump mocked Biden for wearing a mask
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:22 - Oct 2 with 3091 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:18 - Oct 2 by Best_loser

Trump mocked Biden for wearing a mask

No he didn’t, he mocked him for wearing a big one. He said he has no issues with masks and wears them himself.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:26 - Oct 2 with 3072 viewsKilkennyjack

Food for thought ?

Get well soon so Joe can show you up again and again.

Worst President ever.

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:29 - Oct 2 with 3069 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:26 - Oct 2 by Kilkennyjack

Food for thought ?

Get well soon so Joe can show you up again and again.

Worst President ever.

Yes food for thought, the thought that the depths people on the modern left go to is now in unchartered territory.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:32 - Oct 2 with 3068 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:22 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

No he didn’t, he mocked him for wearing a big one. He said he has no issues with masks and wears them himself.

Fake news.

The Donald is mocking Joe.
The big mask comment is a part of it, but clearly not the main part.

Its all very clear.

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:36 - Oct 2 with 3065 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:29 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes food for thought, the thought that the depths people on the modern left go to is now in unchartered territory.

Some people might say the timing is very convenient .... having lost the recent debate so heavily.

I wish him a full recovery, i enjoy seeing Joe smashing him at every turn.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:40 - Oct 2 with 3058 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:36 - Oct 2 by Kilkennyjack

Some people might say the timing is very convenient .... having lost the recent debate so heavily.

I wish him a full recovery, i enjoy seeing Joe smashing him at every turn.

You must have watched a different debate to me then.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:45 - Oct 2 with 3057 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:32 - Oct 2 by Kilkennyjack

Fake news.

The Donald is mocking Joe.
The big mask comment is a part of it, but clearly not the main part.

Its all very clear.

Yes it is clear.

He goes on to show his mask and says he wears a mask and has no problems with masks. Before the edited clip you showed, he says Biden wears one when nobody is around, that was the main point of what he said before then saying how massive his mask was. At no point did he mock Biden for the concept of wearing a mask.

But you would know that if you watched it instead of listening to consistently dishonest media.

Masks are largely to help stop you giving it to others (stopping saliva and mucus of coughs and sneezes) as opposed to stopping you getting it, especially the masks that the vast majority of people wear, cloth can’t stop virus particles. If they could then respirators would never have been invented
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 8:56]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:47 - Oct 2 with 3025 viewsKerouac

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:51 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

The two times he looked most under pressure is the part you mention about his son, and where he was refusing to answer whether he would pack the court - he even snapped telling Trump to “Shut the hell up!”, shame he wasn’t made to answer.

It was amazing the nonsense questions Trump had regarding the riots when Biden’s running mate was publicly asking for donations to a fund that would act to bail out rioters that were burning down people’s homes.

Can you imagine the furore if Trump or Pence were doing the same for far right groups burning down people’s homes and business? Threatening politicians, intimidating then by standing outside their homes and screaming threats at them, intimidating and attacking the public if they don’t match their views to theirs.

Horrific.

Well, exactly.

This is why the media is so obviously biased and this is why I largely Ignore pundits, articles in the mainstream media and polls (which are inherently tilted towards a certain kind of voter)
All that matters is what the American general public think and I am betting on them not being hoodwinked by the "threat of the far-right" when they have watched what BLM and Antifa have done in their cities for the last 6 months, cheered on by the Democrats.
The lying machine is in overdrive right now as the elites (who hate Trump) implicitly understand this reality.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 9:53]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:50 - Oct 2 with 3024 viewsKerouac

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:45 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes it is clear.

He goes on to show his mask and says he wears a mask and has no problems with masks. Before the edited clip you showed, he says Biden wears one when nobody is around, that was the main point of what he said before then saying how massive his mask was. At no point did he mock Biden for the concept of wearing a mask.

But you would know that if you watched it instead of listening to consistently dishonest media.

Masks are largely to help stop you giving it to others (stopping saliva and mucus of coughs and sneezes) as opposed to stopping you getting it, especially the masks that the vast majority of people wear, cloth can’t stop virus particles. If they could then respirators would never have been invented

Ha Ha!

You have a lot of patience Dr. P.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:49 - Oct 2 with 2977 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Did you realise that the President was using Biden's own debating technique against him?

He interrupted Ryan 82 times in 2012.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:46 - Oct 2 with 2938 viewsCatullus

Trump v Biden, Bojo v Corbyn....it's the same across the world these days, the right v the left. If you don't choose a side they both hate you but they really hate each other. The right though tend to be the better off in society while the left tend to be the poorer, less educated and so when the right use words and influence the left turn to protests and violence. It's a massive simplification generalisation I know but still, isn't it a symptom of how the world has started tearing itself apart?
We are losing the art/will/desire to talk and find a way, to find common ground and agree to disagree. These days you either agree or you're scum. you capitulate or you face threats. There's brinkmanship everywhere. The EU v Uk, USA v pretty much everyone, same for China, Russia.

Has the global breakdown of society started? Are we at the beginning of the decline of humanity?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:06 - Oct 2 with 2932 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:46 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Trump v Biden, Bojo v Corbyn....it's the same across the world these days, the right v the left. If you don't choose a side they both hate you but they really hate each other. The right though tend to be the better off in society while the left tend to be the poorer, less educated and so when the right use words and influence the left turn to protests and violence. It's a massive simplification generalisation I know but still, isn't it a symptom of how the world has started tearing itself apart?
We are losing the art/will/desire to talk and find a way, to find common ground and agree to disagree. These days you either agree or you're scum. you capitulate or you face threats. There's brinkmanship everywhere. The EU v Uk, USA v pretty much everyone, same for China, Russia.

Has the global breakdown of society started? Are we at the beginning of the decline of humanity?

Hmmm there is something there but not sure I entirely agree.

The modern left seem to be incredibly privileged. They come from the modern Universities that are almost like leftist training grounds. The prominent professors are leftists, critical thought is seen as dangerous, ideas are frowned upon and being offended is an obsession.

The right don’t hate the left. The left hate the right and anyone else that doesn’t fit in with their very strict and narrow view of the world which is based on fantasy and fairy tales. They are like a religion and even turn on their own if they aren’t woke enough or fail their woke standards. See JK Rowling.

The right value logic, discussion and common sense. The left hate all of that, they prefer violence, shutting down of any other view and put their political opposition into false and offensive boxes to avoid having to discuss their political points that they have no faith in when stood against fact and logic - they are based on emotion and fall apart instantly.

I saw a 20 odd year old girl ranting about capitalism with a Starbucks coffee in her hand the other week. They are embarrassing. They don’t know what they believe and tend to lack any sort of depth of thought to debate even what they claim to believe without resorting to insults, walking off or shutting down the conversation.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:19 - Oct 2 with 2922 viewsCatullus

Those at the top of the modern left are priviliged, agreed. But they lead the so called great unwashed. Even most of those at Uni aren't all that priviliged, they leave under a pile of debt that hangs Albatross like around their necks, of course the "water all around" is money but they can't get enough to satidsfy their thirst.

The upper echelons of the far left depend upon the anger and desperation of the young, they need them to feel abandoned and let down so they can channel that anger. and desperation.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:23 - Oct 2 with 2874 viewstrampie

Is Trump fit to be President ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 2857 viewstrampie

https://mobile.twitter.com/mayaharris_/status/1310370983514124288

Hillary warned people years ago.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 2808 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:45 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes it is clear.

Here is Cadet Bonespurs mocking another person.

Worst.President.Ever.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:51 - Oct 2 with 2779 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:15 - Oct 2 by Kilkennyjack

Here is Cadet Bonespurs mocking another person.

Worst.President.Ever.

At least he hasn't been impeached.....yet!

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:04 - Oct 2 with 2765 viewstrampie

Trump comes across as despicable, his conduct is disgraceful.
Having Trump in the Whitehouse and Bojo in #10 is an embarrassment for both countries.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 2748 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:04 - Oct 2 by trampie

Having Trump in the Whitehouse and Bojo in #10 is an embarrassment for both countries.

Yes but we wouldn't have been any better off with Clinton and Corbyn, it's the devil or the deep blue sea, one side the rock, the other side the hard place.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:41 - Oct 2 with 2738 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:27 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Yes but we wouldn't have been any better off with Clinton and Corbyn, it's the devil or the deep blue sea, one side the rock, the other side the hard place.

I think we would have been better off with Corbyn and Hillary, that's if Hillary did not start any wars, she would not be Putin's puppet unlike Trump.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:50 - Oct 2 with 2736 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:04 - Oct 2 by trampie

👏👏👏👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024