Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170481 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:20 - Oct 7 with 1258 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:15 - Oct 7 by DJack

I'm not saying it is wrong but it ain't a verifiable fact.

You've linked to a forum who have a link to an opinion piece behind a paywall in the Wall Street Journal.

Of course it’s a fact, the mayor of New York confirmed it.

6500 more aborted than born. The data is from the NYCHOH (department of health).

Don’t tell me you have to hear it on CNN or vanity fair before you believe it? It’s a huge huge problem. Especially in the black community.

Do you know much about Planned Parenthood and their financial gain for abortion and where they set up their clinics?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 23:22]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:27 - Oct 7 with 1242 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:13 - Oct 7 by A_Fans_Dad

You forgot the "Green New Deal" which would bankcrupt the country.
When will the "peaceful protests" end?
Is she sorry for keeping people in prison too long?

Shapiro actually has posted 25 questions the Green New deal is on the list.

It will be funny to see them contradict each other.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:42 - Oct 7 with 1228 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:20 - Oct 7 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it’s a fact, the mayor of New York confirmed it.

6500 more aborted than born. The data is from the NYCHOH (department of health).

Don’t tell me you have to hear it on CNN or vanity fair before you believe it? It’s a huge huge problem. Especially in the black community.

Do you know much about Planned Parenthood and their financial gain for abortion and where they set up their clinics?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 23:22]

Well if the Mayor of New York confirmed it you can provide the link?

I've posted links to Daily Mail articles before now as they contained their story and a link the the facts that they were repoerting. Without that it's "fake news".

I know nothing about "Planned Parenthood" other than I have heard the name.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:53 - Oct 7 with 1216 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:42 - Oct 7 by DJack

Well if the Mayor of New York confirmed it you can provide the link?

I've posted links to Daily Mail articles before now as they contained their story and a link the the facts that they were repoerting. Without that it's "fake news".

I know nothing about "Planned Parenthood" other than I have heard the name.

That’s not the definition of fake news. Fake news is news that is inherently false, news without a link does not mean it’s fake news.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/nyc-more-black-babies-kil

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/corner/more-black-babies-

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/lets-talk-about-the-bla

In order to fully understand the pushback in the Roe vs Wade subject you really need to understand the role of Planned Parenthood and their founding, profits and locations.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:58 - Oct 7 with 1212 viewsDr_Parnassus

So as you may now understand, it’s a complex issue and things have developed since Roe vs Wade that calls for a review.

There should never EVER be a situation where more children are being killed than being born. Nobody can make a case for otherwise, surely?

Huge problem and people using death and a way to escape inconvenience. That shouldn’t be legal., especially repeated cases of such.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:13 - Oct 8 with 1203 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:53 - Oct 7 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not the definition of fake news. Fake news is news that is inherently false, news without a link does not mean it’s fake news.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/nyc-more-black-babies-kil

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/corner/more-black-babies-

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/lets-talk-about-the-bla

In order to fully understand the pushback in the Roe vs Wade subject you really need to understand the role of Planned Parenthood and their founding, profits and locations.

OK...

so the pdf link in CNS News does not exist (anymore at least) and they are reportd as low on factual articles by mediabiasfactcheck

National review links to a 2010 CDC report which does not show your claim (and therefore cannot support nor deny it).

As I said earlier the Wallstreet Journal Opinion Piece is behind a paywall.

Another time I might look into your Planned Parenthood claims but I suspect that what I will find will be quite contradictory (dependent upon source) and therefore not something I will have the time (or patience) for currently.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:21 - Oct 8 with 1194 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:13 - Oct 8 by DJack

OK...

so the pdf link in CNS News does not exist (anymore at least) and they are reportd as low on factual articles by mediabiasfactcheck

National review links to a 2010 CDC report which does not show your claim (and therefore cannot support nor deny it).

As I said earlier the Wallstreet Journal Opinion Piece is behind a paywall.

Another time I might look into your Planned Parenthood claims but I suspect that what I will find will be quite contradictory (dependent upon source) and therefore not something I will have the time (or patience) for currently.

So you don’t believe the widely recognised fact based on the Department of Health report?

Really?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2015/nov/25/cynthia-meyer/cynthia-meyer-sa

Do you have any link at all disputing it? As it seems links are the currency in this exchange. I will be amazed if there is anyone else other than you disputing it to be honest.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 0:27]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:34 - Oct 8 with 1180 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:21 - Oct 8 by Dr_Parnassus

So you don’t believe the widely recognised fact based on the Department of Health report?

Really?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2015/nov/25/cynthia-meyer/cynthia-meyer-sa

Do you have any link at all disputing it? As it seems links are the currency in this exchange. I will be amazed if there is anyone else other than you disputing it to be honest.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 0:27]

I didn't say that at all, I merely asked for something to back up "what you heard"

You now have (even if it was 2013 it is a startling fact), thank you.

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:36 - Oct 8 with 1177 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:34 - Oct 8 by DJack

I didn't say that at all, I merely asked for something to back up "what you heard"

You now have (even if it was 2013 it is a startling fact), thank you.

I did at the time, you just wouldn’t accept the sources even though they were clearly quoting the data from the Department of Health.

It was in 2013 because that is what brought to light the discussion as it was brought up in the Hillary Debates. Black abortion such as this has been an issue for decades and the data is clear and consistent on that.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 0:37]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:42 - Oct 8 with 1170 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:36 - Oct 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I did at the time, you just wouldn’t accept the sources even though they were clearly quoting the data from the Department of Health.

It was in 2013 because that is what brought to light the discussion as it was brought up in the Hillary Debates. Black abortion such as this has been an issue for decades and the data is clear and consistent on that.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 0:37]

You are partly correct as they weren't "clearly quoting the data from the Department of Health" as the link no longer exists. This is also true for the Politifact article but they are rated high on factual reporting so I accepted this, as this is important in reporting.

Let's not ruin the conclusion of this exchange with ankle biting.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:44 - Oct 8 with 1167 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is from 2016.

Considering black people make up 13% of the population. They made up the following amount of abortions.

Truly shocking as I’m sure you will agree.

Now we could go into why this is the case (which I’m happy to do) but be warned it will then blow apart the systemic racism myth peddled by liberals.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:28 - Oct 8 with 1082 viewsDr_Parnassus

VP debate over.

Pence absolutely destroyed Kamala who comes across as one of the most unlikeable women, not just in politics but any public figure I can think of. No doubt CNN poll will side with Kamala as per usual, but if anyone thinks she won that then they need their heads read.

Seriously impressive from Pence, reduced Kamala to a flustered, smirking, mess.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:24 - Oct 8 with 1058 viewsKerouac

For those interested, full debate Pence Vs Harris, is here (starts around 19/20mins in)...

[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 9:25]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:40 - Oct 8 with 1036 viewsHighjack

Only saw bits of it but bugger me, they are two thoroughly unlikeable individuals. I would vote for the fly, seriously.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:20 - Oct 8 with 965 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No more Presidential debates, the Debate Commission wanted to help Biden by doing video only.
The Pres say's No Way.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:24 - Oct 8 with 962 viewsA_Fans_Dad

According to a telemundo poll Pence only won 74% to 26%.
A close run thing.
The twitter poll has now been deleted, I can't think why.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:07 - Oct 8 with 943 viewsKilkennyjack

Trump has runaway for the debate. 🐓.

Super spreader is a baby.

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:08 - Oct 8 with 942 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:24 - Oct 8 by A_Fans_Dad

A close run thing.

Pence was useless.

The lady bossed him big time.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:22 - Oct 8 with 934 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:07 - Oct 8 by Kilkennyjack

Trump has runaway for the debate. 🐓.

Super spreader is a baby.

You fail to understand a "virtual" debate is not a debate between just 2 people, Biden can have a whole host of advisors helping answer the questions.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:58 - Oct 8 with 898 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:22 - Oct 8 by A_Fans_Dad

You fail to understand a "virtual" debate is not a debate between just 2 people, Biden can have a whole host of advisors helping answer the questions.

Trump shite out. The end.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:00 - Oct 8 with 894 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:44 - Oct 8 by Dr_Parnassus

This is from 2016.

Considering black people make up 13% of the population. They made up the following amount of abortions.

Truly shocking as I’m sure you will agree.

Now we could go into why this is the case (which I’m happy to do) but be warned it will then blow apart the systemic racism myth peddled by liberals.

What is the matter with you ?

Go see a shrink.

You are not well.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:06 - Oct 8 with 857 viewsDJack

Moscow Mitch has the right idea so why doesn't Trump? This exemplifies the problem with Trump, it's all about him. He doesn't even listen to the most senior Republican...Why not???

"Speaking to reporters in Kentucky, Mr McConnell said he steered clear of the White House in the last two months "because my impression was their approach to how to handle this was different from mine".

He later also noted that he "personally didn't feel that they were approaching the protection from this illness" in the way he felt "was appropriate for the Senate"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54472053

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:25 - Oct 8 with 856 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:00 - Oct 8 by Kilkennyjack

What is the matter with you ?

Go see a shrink.

You are not well.

Which part to do you disagree with

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:33 - Oct 8 with 854 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:24 - Oct 8 by A_Fans_Dad

A close run thing.

Even that was an understatement. You would have had to have had a lobotomy to think anything else.

She was horrendous. Caught out lying and didn’t know what to do so just smirked and laughed, asked about packing the court and avoided the question like Biden did, for asked again and pulled the race card.

She is vile. Women don’t seem to like her, black community clearly doesn’t... who is her base? Last time she ran for President she saw a 14% backing slip to 5%. It’s not difficult to see why.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:58 - Oct 9 with 829 viewsDJack

What do you call a countries leader who wants his opposition locked up?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8819875/Donald-Trump-says-told-Bill-Bar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024