Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170500 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:45 - Oct 26 with 997 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Another video has been dug up, this time it is Kerry talking about the Ukraine prosecutor that Biden say's he didn't get fired after saying on film that he did get him fired.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:48 - Oct 26 with 994 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Last night on 60 minutes Biden called President Trump "George" as in George Bush.
He hasn't got a clue what is going on, where he is, what he is running for and can't keep it together for more than 30 minutes.

And the Democrats are prepared to vote for this senile person to run the most powerful country in the world.
Truly frightening what TDS is doing to them.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:49 - Oct 26 with 994 viewsonehunglow

Hillary and Trump were a bad enough choice but thee two worse.

USA is in a shocking state to have these two fighting it out for President.

Let' s be honest,Trump is detested becaue of his arrogance,lack of grace ,and duplicity- a man that uses God like a crutch ,a man of dubious morality ,a man of straw.

Biden is 78 .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:04 - Oct 26 with 990 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:49 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Hillary and Trump were a bad enough choice but thee two worse.

USA is in a shocking state to have these two fighting it out for President.

Let' s be honest,Trump is detested becaue of his arrogance,lack of grace ,and duplicity- a man that uses God like a crutch ,a man of dubious morality ,a man of straw.

Biden is 78 .

"Let' s be honest,Trump is detested becaue of his arrogance,lack of grace ,and duplicity- a man that uses God like a crutch ,a man of dubious morality ,a man of straw. "

Who is truly patriotic and has done more for the people of the USA and for world peace than any recent president.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:09 - Oct 26 with 971 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:45 - Oct 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Another video has been dug up, this time it is Kerry talking about the Ukraine prosecutor that Biden say's he didn't get fired after saying on film that he did get him fired.

More rubbish from you.

I posted this a while ago

"The firing of Shokin was official US policy, in keeping with a broad international consensus - including the IMF and European nations. Shokin was fired because he didn't/wouldn't investigate Burisma...how would sacking Shokin for NOT investigating Burisma help Hunter Biden at Burisma! "

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 964 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:09 - Oct 26 by DJack

More rubbish from you.

I posted this a while ago

"The firing of Shokin was official US policy, in keeping with a broad international consensus - including the IMF and European nations. Shokin was fired because he didn't/wouldn't investigate Burisma...how would sacking Shokin for NOT investigating Burisma help Hunter Biden at Burisma! "

Doesn’t matter who posted it, it’s not true.

Burisma themselves wrote the email to Hunter weeks before Biden flew out to Ukraine and threatened them with withholding $1bn in aid unless they fired him.

In the email it clearly states that they wanted Hunter to close down any investigations. If he wasn’t investigating them then there would be no need to contract him to do it.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:53 - Oct 26 with 946 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yet more meltdowns on the other site I see because I said some home truths in reply to their attacks on the posters of this site.

It’s funny how they are so petrified to post here yet more than happy to peddle their lies and bile in the safety of their own groupthink bubble-wrapped echo chamber. Cannot put a coherent and sensible argument for Biden or against Trump so they call us names, lie about me as I am delivering the facts in spades and have absolutely no fear of backing my views against their best defence - which is personal attack and lies.

Now then, some pre pandemic stats.

- lowest unemployment rate in history
- lowest female unemployment in 65 years
- lowest black unemployment in history
- highest median family income ever recorded
- undercut big pharma to make drugs more attainable and affordable than ever before
- first President in decades to not send troops to a new conflict
- 2 historic Middle East peace deals that was said to be impossible to achieve
- police reform signed
- defeated ISIS and dismantled the caliphate

Should I go on?

But he did say “pussy” once so anyone who praises or recognises those achievements is a.... racist? Or something.

Get your big boy pants on and have a chat lads. You know where I am... I don’t bite
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 12:58]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:14 - Oct 26 with 925 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wonder what odds are on offer for Harris to be contesting the 2024 election as the incumbent president?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:29 - Oct 26 with 918 viewsBoundy

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:14 - Oct 26 by Joe_bradshaw

I wonder what odds are on offer for Harris to be contesting the 2024 election as the incumbent president?

I would say quite high and way before 2024 imo .Bidens a liability and Harris has her enemies and perhaps not so attractive to electorate, although any one whos a voting Democrat won't cares much as long as their oust Trump .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:45 - Oct 26 with 914 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:14 - Oct 26 by Joe_bradshaw

A distinct possibility I reckon and very possibly why Democrats are willing to back Biden for now in the knowledge he may not last the course.

The age of the candidates could be an issue for both. For context, Trump (the younger candidate) is the same age as Bill Clinton who was elected in 1993!
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:18 - Oct 26 with 897 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:53 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Yet more meltdowns on the other site I see because I said some home truths in reply to their attacks on the posters of this site.

It’s funny how they are so petrified to post here yet more than happy to peddle their lies and bile in the safety of their own groupthink bubble-wrapped echo chamber. Cannot put a coherent and sensible argument for Biden or against Trump so they call us names, lie about me as I am delivering the facts in spades and have absolutely no fear of backing my views against their best defence - which is personal attack and lies.

Now then, some pre pandemic stats.

- lowest unemployment rate in history
- lowest female unemployment in 65 years
- lowest black unemployment in history
- highest median family income ever recorded
- undercut big pharma to make drugs more attainable and affordable than ever before
- first President in decades to not send troops to a new conflict
- 2 historic Middle East peace deals that was said to be impossible to achieve
- police reform signed
- defeated ISIS and dismantled the caliphate

Should I go on?

But he did say “pussy” once so anyone who praises or recognises those achievements is a.... racist? Or something.

Get your big boy pants on and have a chat lads. You know where I am... I don’t bite
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 12:58]

Why don't you go on there?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:26 - Oct 26 with 888 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:48 - Oct 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Last night on 60 minutes Biden called President Trump "George" as in George Bush.
He hasn't got a clue what is going on, where he is, what he is running for and can't keep it together for more than 30 minutes.

And the Democrats are prepared to vote for this senile person to run the most powerful country in the world.
Truly frightening what TDS is doing to them.

You can see his wife correcting him under her breath.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:15 - Oct 26 with 859 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:26 - Oct 26 by Highjack

You can see his wife correcting him under her breath.

I’m assuming it was his wife, it could have been his carer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:40 - Oct 26 with 854 viewsshingle

If Biden wins, , he will no doubt become completely senile or even die in the not to distant future, and then you will have that Harries woman becoming president, are the Americans going to end up in a far worse pickle with these headers running things.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 18:41]
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:51 - Oct 26 with 827 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:18 - Oct 26 by ItchySphincter

Why don't you go on there?

Because it’s a horrendous site. They are already active members of this site.

Makes sense doesn’t it.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:54 - Oct 26 with 822 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:15 - Oct 26 by Highjack

I’m assuming it was his wife, it could have been his carer.

yeah his wife.

How someone can lead the most powerful country in the world then they don’t even know what they are running for or who against is terrifying and shows that this is all just media narrative because they don’t like Trump.

The pretence that goes on regarding Biden is amazing. Everyone just turns a blind eye.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:09 - Oct 26 with 818 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:54 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

yeah his wife.

How someone can lead the most powerful country in the world then they don’t even know what they are running for or who against is terrifying and shows that this is all just media narrative because they don’t like Trump.

The pretence that goes on regarding Biden is amazing. Everyone just turns a blind eye.

Shows how much some don’t like Trump though, doesn’t it?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:13 - Oct 26 with 813 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:09 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

They always have, it’s the same people just even louder this time around.

They wanted him to destroy the country when he took office, the fact he has done the opposite has enraged them. That’s what you are seeing on the street today.

“If he didn’t mess the country up then we will and claim it happened on his watch”. It’s as transparent as clingfilm.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:18 - Oct 26 with 809 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:09 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

If they put up a decent candidate with actual attractive policies and a bit of charisma they would win easily. Instead they’re going down the route of “vote for this guy because he ain’t Trump”. It might not be enough. There’s probably millions of Americans who would vote Democrat no matter who the candidate is, the same for the republicans. It’s the massive, relatively silent majority in the middle who aren’t particularly partisan that Biden has to attract. They asked him the other day what his policy was on some issue (I can’t remember what the issue was). He responded “you’ll find out when I’m elected”. That’s not how you run a campaign. That’s not democracy.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:21 - Oct 26 with 809 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:18 - Oct 26 by Highjack

If they put up a decent candidate with actual attractive policies and a bit of charisma they would win easily. Instead they’re going down the route of “vote for this guy because he ain’t Trump”. It might not be enough. There’s probably millions of Americans who would vote Democrat no matter who the candidate is, the same for the republicans. It’s the massive, relatively silent majority in the middle who aren’t particularly partisan that Biden has to attract. They asked him the other day what his policy was on some issue (I can’t remember what the issue was). He responded “you’ll find out when I’m elected”. That’s not how you run a campaign. That’s not democracy.

I reckon they thought they were playing safe by picking him.

Someone like Sanders would have been far more progressive and policy driven but may not have appealed to the moderates.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:37 - Oct 26 with 799 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:21 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

Someone like Sanders would have been far more progressive and policy driven but may not have appealed to the moderates.

Clinton fell into the same trap with a campaign that leant heavily on the fact that she is a woman and isn’t Trump. Nobody cares. Nobody outside that tiny little bubble of identity politics cares. Oh and calling millions of potential voters “deplorables” probably didn’t help either. They seem to think they are going to win without even trying. Just because he isn’t Trump. It’s the same complacency that shafted them last time and could yet shaft them again. They have not learned from their mistakes of 2016, just like labour in this country. The likes of Trump and Boris are clearly full of poop (I would have said full of shit but Keith asked us not to swear), but what they do offer at least is a facade of positivity whereas the Democrats and labour tend to be so negative, everything is terrible in their eyes. For right or wrong this sort of thing does rub off on the average voter who only takes an interest once every four years.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:40 - Oct 26 with 797 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:21 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

He also probably would not have allowed the Clintons, Obama and Pelosi to run his presidency either.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:46 - Oct 26 with 792 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:37 - Oct 26 by Highjack

Clinton fell into the same trap with a campaign that leant heavily on the fact that she is a woman and isn’t Trump. Nobody cares. Nobody outside that tiny little bubble of identity politics cares. Oh and calling millions of potential voters “deplorables” probably didn’t help either. They seem to think they are going to win without even trying. Just because he isn’t Trump. It’s the same complacency that shafted them last time and could yet shaft them again. They have not learned from their mistakes of 2016, just like labour in this country. The likes of Trump and Boris are clearly full of poop (I would have said full of shit but Keith asked us not to swear), but what they do offer at least is a facade of positivity whereas the Democrats and labour tend to be so negative, everything is terrible in their eyes. For right or wrong this sort of thing does rub off on the average voter who only takes an interest once every four years.

I take your point, but would say that lots of the positivity comes from rubbishing others. It’s an effective technique and I expect the Republicans to go full throttle up to Election Day.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:49 - Oct 26 with 790 viewsDr_Parnassus

What people find hard to accept is that people genuinely love Trump at the helm. This guy is not a politician, he’s a businessman, he breaks the mould and get things done and not hide behind bureaucracy.

Hillary didn’t win because she is thoroughly unlikabke, corrupt and a war monger... her biggest supporters came from people that liked her gender not her policy or personality. Biden doesn’t have the mental capacity to hold office and be “on” 24/7 for years, he just doesn’t.

They know their candidates or politics can’t hold a candle to DT which is why they made everything about emotive subjects like race. The scary thing is how many like minded idiots seem to have lapped it up without even looking into it or thinking for themselves to see through it. But as I say, they are the same lot as last time - just louder and more angry.

I have never seen a President get the level of love and adulation Donald Trump gets. It annoys people. I can’t think of a President in the last 30 years to have such a large partisan support.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 786 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:49 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

What people find hard to accept is that people genuinely love Trump at the helm. This guy is not a politician, he’s a businessman, he breaks the mould and get things done and not hide behind bureaucracy.

Hillary didn’t win because she is thoroughly unlikabke, corrupt and a war monger... her biggest supporters came from people that liked her gender not her policy or personality. Biden doesn’t have the mental capacity to hold office and be “on” 24/7 for years, he just doesn’t.

They know their candidates or politics can’t hold a candle to DT which is why they made everything about emotive subjects like race. The scary thing is how many like minded idiots seem to have lapped it up without even looking into it or thinking for themselves to see through it. But as I say, they are the same lot as last time - just louder and more angry.

I have never seen a President get the level of love and adulation Donald Trump gets. It annoys people. I can’t think of a President in the last 30 years to have such a large partisan support.

And it’s looking likely he’ll lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024