Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170318 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 1139 viewsJoe_bradshaw

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:46 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

I take your point, but would say that lots of the positivity comes from rubbishing others. It’s an effective technique and I expect the Republicans to go full throttle up to Election Day.

Indeed. It’s incredible the amount of negative campaigning that goes on on TV and now, no doubt, social media.
I’ve been in the US three times in the run up to an election and at first I couldn’t believe how much stuff rubbishing the opposition was on the box. I suppose it must be effective or they wouldn’t do it. It sometimes seems that people are more focused on voting against someone than for someone.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:04 - Oct 26 with 1125 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:58 - Oct 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed. It’s incredible the amount of negative campaigning that goes on on TV and now, no doubt, social media.
I’ve been in the US three times in the run up to an election and at first I couldn’t believe how much stuff rubbishing the opposition was on the box. I suppose it must be effective or they wouldn’t do it. It sometimes seems that people are more focused on voting against someone than for someone.

Spot on. Miserable way to be though, innit?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:07 - Oct 26 with 1123 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:46 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

I take your point, but would say that lots of the positivity comes from rubbishing others. It’s an effective technique and I expect the Republicans to go full throttle up to Election Day.

Nobody has ever been more rubbished by the opposition than President Trump.
It started before he won and has continued non stop for 3.5 years.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:07 - Oct 26 with 1123 viewsHighjack

Rubbishing others is par for the course, you’re never going to eradicate that from politics. It’s schoolyard stuff. Pantomime. But there is a genuine feeling, definitely in this country that the Labour Party and its senior officials really do not like this country, it’s history or what it’s always stood for.

Incidents like Emily Thornberry sneering at an England flag being flown in England by an English person, Abbott and Lammy making sweeping generalisations about white people. “Every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us”. Corbyn and McDonnell having a long and colourful history of standing in solidarity with all and any groups that would willingly harm Britain, it’s people or the west in general. Numerous others calling for the toppling of statues because we should be thoroughly ashamed of our past. Routinely referring to the country as systemically and institutionally racist. The term “straight white male” being introduced as a pejorative term on question time and even in Parliament itself. It goes on and on and on. Starmer and Raynor in their election campaigns spoke about bringing back quiet patriotism, but there’s no evidence of them doing so so far. The Democrats in America have fallen down the same rabbit hole. They’re so obsessed with attracting the votes of the minority groups they have forsaken the majority, and in many cases openly insulted them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:11 - Oct 26 with 1119 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:58 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

And it’s looking likely he’ll lose.

In whose eyes? The polls?

Did you learn nothing from 4 years ago? The polls are inaccurate because of the media driven social connotations now associated with supporting him.

This was a technique used in Nazi Germany of course, but the opposite. The media drive was against anyone who DIDN’T support the party.

Which means people often don’t say the truth when it’s time to talk to the pollsters. That’s why the polls were off by 14-16 points last year and no doubt will be again.

Of course there is a fair chance he will lose but to say it’s likely is wide of the mark.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 21:13]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:15 - Oct 26 with 1112 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:07 - Oct 26 by Highjack

Rubbishing others is par for the course, you’re never going to eradicate that from politics. It’s schoolyard stuff. Pantomime. But there is a genuine feeling, definitely in this country that the Labour Party and its senior officials really do not like this country, it’s history or what it’s always stood for.

Incidents like Emily Thornberry sneering at an England flag being flown in England by an English person, Abbott and Lammy making sweeping generalisations about white people. “Every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us”. Corbyn and McDonnell having a long and colourful history of standing in solidarity with all and any groups that would willingly harm Britain, it’s people or the west in general. Numerous others calling for the toppling of statues because we should be thoroughly ashamed of our past. Routinely referring to the country as systemically and institutionally racist. The term “straight white male” being introduced as a pejorative term on question time and even in Parliament itself. It goes on and on and on. Starmer and Raynor in their election campaigns spoke about bringing back quiet patriotism, but there’s no evidence of them doing so so far. The Democrats in America have fallen down the same rabbit hole. They’re so obsessed with attracting the votes of the minority groups they have forsaken the majority, and in many cases openly insulted them.

Defiantly agree about Labour.

I was positive about Starmer at the outset but it has been a slow turn at best. I’ve put it down to Covid dominating (as I’m an eternal optimist!)

I’ve voted for all three parties at time in the past and have been politically homeless for some time. There’s still not much out there that floats my boat.

Where I live now the Conservatives could put up a llama and it it would have a massive majority. Having said that I like the sitting MP and I think he does a pretty job.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:17 - Oct 26 with 1103 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:11 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Did you learn nothing from 4 years ago? The polls are inaccurate because of the media driven social connotations now associated with supporting him.

This was a technique used in Nazi Germany of course, but the opposite. The media drive was against anyone who DIDN’T support the party.

Which means people often don’t say the truth when it’s time to talk to the pollsters. That’s why the polls were off by 14-16 points last year and no doubt will be again.

Of course there is a fair chance he will lose but to say it’s likely is wide of the mark.

I may well be proved wrong. But as I’ve stated before I’ve read quite a lot around polling improvements particularly around weighting which seemed to impact heavily last time out.

If their miles out this time then it really is a cod science.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:21 - Oct 26 with 1091 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:11 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Defo going to lose.

And he can take Nepotism Barbie with him.

Jail time for Fatty. 🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:22 - Oct 26 with 1092 viewsDr_Parnassus

Also to clarify, as people also don’t understand on the other site and know they will be reading so will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

When I talk about the markets, I am talking about the fluctuations in financial confidence, it’s a direct window to how masses view an event when driven by money and not bias.

The markets themselves are completely inaccurate as a base level as they are often driven by inaccurate polling and companies mitigating losses of a potential candidate coming in meaning the company taking a hit (higher corporate tax for example).

So immediately after certain news stories break or events happen, the markets will tell you what people are thinking and how they are reacting as they will not be driven by polls or company hedging but by genuine reaction.

So I never look to the markets to determine likelihood of win, I look to them to see the reaction. After the suckers story came out there was zero movement, after the first debate there was a significant shift to Biden, after the Biden emails there was a significant move to Trump. Before the final debate there was an overnight gamble which went toward Biden (probably over concerns of the moderator) and after the final debate it shifted 10% towards Trump.

These fluctuations show the reaction of the masses and how they view things. But if you are using the markets to determine a winner then you are going to be extremely disappointed... or elated should you be taking advantage of the false Trump price of course.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:24 - Oct 26 with 1091 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:15 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

Defiantly agree about Labour.

I was positive about Starmer at the outset but it has been a slow turn at best. I’ve put it down to Covid dominating (as I’m an eternal optimist!)

I’ve voted for all three parties at time in the past and have been politically homeless for some time. There’s still not much out there that floats my boat.

Where I live now the Conservatives could put up a llama and it it would have a massive majority. Having said that I like the sitting MP and I think he does a pretty job.

I voted for the Lib Dem’s in 2005 on the back of the Iraq war and spoiled my ballot ever since because labour always win regardless until the last election where I voted Green simply because I knew the candidate through friends and she’s a good egg. There is nothing about any of the parties that remotely attracts me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:29 - Oct 26 with 1083 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:17 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

I may well be proved wrong. But as I’ve stated before I’ve read quite a lot around polling improvements particularly around weighting which seemed to impact heavily last time out.

It doesn’t matter what weighting you use or what you read. Polling does not take into consideration how people act.

Polling in a Trump campaign is not accurate, that’s just common sense. My partner pretended she didn’t support Trump when asked in work the other day, the reason being was that she didn’t want people to get the wrong idea.

They often don’t even ask why. The media has made it such that stating your political beliefs to someone if you support Trump is utterly a no go area. People who are seen at Trump events are being tracked down and having their identities revealed.

There was a black woman nodding behind trump at his Townhall and twitter went into overdrive demanding they know who she was. Same with the nuns that went to the Trump rally, they demanded they be tracked down and identified.

It really does have a hunting the Jews feel about it and I’ve never seen anything like it in my lifetime in the Western World.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:51 - Oct 26 with 1066 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:29 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

It doesn’t matter what weighting you use or what you read. Polling does not take into consideration how people act.

Polling in a Trump campaign is not accurate, that’s just common sense. My partner pretended she didn’t support Trump when asked in work the other day, the reason being was that she didn’t want people to get the wrong idea.

They often don’t even ask why. The media has made it such that stating your political beliefs to someone if you support Trump is utterly a no go area. People who are seen at Trump events are being tracked down and having their identities revealed.

There was a black woman nodding behind trump at his Townhall and twitter went into overdrive demanding they know who she was. Same with the nuns that went to the Trump rally, they demanded they be tracked down and identified.

It really does have a hunting the Jews feel about it and I’ve never seen anything like it in my lifetime in the Western World.

Nazis and ‘hunting of the Jews’ of the same page Dr. P?

You may be getting a bit carried away.

That’s me done on Trump till after Election Day. If he wins I‘all accept it, if he loses I won’t be rubbing it in people’s noses as I’m not an 8 year old.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:24 - Oct 26 with 1033 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:51 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

Nazis and ‘hunting of the Jews’ of the same page Dr. P?

You may be getting a bit carried away.

That’s me done on Trump till after Election Day. If he wins I‘all accept it, if he loses I won’t be rubbing it in people’s noses as I’m not an 8 year old.

I see huge similarities between this current movement and what happened in Germany and in China in 1930’s. I wasn’t making the comments flippantly.

From the Hitler youth and the young Chinese red brigade on the streets intimidating the public for their political beliefs, making them swear allegiance to their cause or face the consequences. A concerted effort to tear down the Government and its police force. A media campaign working in tandem with the party to silence one side of the argument in place of the other. The dehumanising of people and the promotion of identity politics.

It’s all there and we have seen it all before.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:24 - Oct 26 with 1033 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:51 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Because it’s a horrendous site. They are already active members of this site.

Makes sense doesn’t it.

Well no not really. You brought up the other site and invited them to debate so why don’t you go on there and do it, instead of on here? It’s a reasonable question.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:25 - Oct 26 with 1032 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:24 - Oct 26 by ItchySphincter

Well no not really. You brought up the other site and invited them to debate so why don’t you go on there and do it, instead of on here? It’s a reasonable question.

I answered you.

They started slagging off the posters on this site, they are members here - I am not a member there.

Instead of bitching about us then bring your comments here and see how they stand up against someone with the ability to tear them apart, as well as ask awkward questions they don’t want to answer in terms of their political allegiances.... hence why they peddle that rubbish in the safety of their own bubble. To coin my own phrase, it’s as transparent as clingfilm.

They know where to find me.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 0:01]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:52 - Oct 27 with 965 viewspikeypaul

The latest from JB

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:22 - Oct 27 with 954 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:25 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I answered you.

They started slagging off the posters on this site, they are members here - I am not a member there.

Instead of bitching about us then bring your comments here and see how they stand up against someone with the ability to tear them apart, as well as ask awkward questions they don’t want to answer in terms of their political allegiances.... hence why they peddle that rubbish in the safety of their own bubble. To coin my own phrase, it’s as transparent as clingfilm.

They know where to find me.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 0:01]

I haven't bitched about you on there. Seems this board thinks they're sitting on there talking about this board, whilst this board sits here talking about them. Why not get your big boy pants on and debate them on there? Surely you see that as a reasonable question being that is one you posed yourself in the other direction?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:17 - Oct 27 with 937 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:22 - Oct 27 by ItchySphincter

I haven't bitched about you on there. Seems this board thinks they're sitting on there talking about this board, whilst this board sits here talking about them. Why not get your big boy pants on and debate them on there? Surely you see that as a reasonable question being that is one you posed yourself in the other direction?

Why would anyone want to put up with continuous abuse like we used to get on here before the split?
I may be a lot of things but a masachist I am not.
I also know that it would not change their minds one iota.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:27 - Oct 27 with 932 viewsBoundy

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:17 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

I think that the polls for the last US election had Clinton miles in front with 72% against Trumps 28%. It's be much tighter this time again if the polls are to be believed .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:28 - Oct 27 with 932 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:22 - Oct 27 by ItchySphincter

I said “they”, I didn’t mention you.

The time stamps are there for all to see. Me mentioning them was a direct response to them having a meltdown over me and my completely sensible views and bitching about people on here, calling them racists with absolutely no foundation or basis (not for the first time).

I repeat. I’m not a member of that forum, they are a member of this one and post here infrequently. So if they are brave enough to start talking about us and people’s beliefs on here then be brave enough to come on here and say it to us.

But we both know they won’t do that because every time they are asked an awkward question they throw their toys out of the pram and run back to that board.

Now stop being silly Itch, there’s a good boy.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 10:30]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:44 - Oct 27 with 923 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:27 - Oct 27 by Boundy

I think that the polls for the last US election had Clinton miles in front with 72% against Trumps 28%. It's be much tighter this time again if the polls are to be believed .

Think going into it, it may have even been 90% Clinton according to many.

As touched upon, people aren’t honest when it comes to answering the pollsters because there is that false stigma attached to it. Anyone looking at the polls for guidance needs their heads checked, this one will be very tight indeed in my opinion.

But I’m starting to favour Trump again the more I look at it.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:37 - Oct 27 with 913 viewsDr_Parnassus

The difference between the modern day left and the modern day right. Perfectly summed up.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:53 - Oct 27 with 903 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:28 - Oct 27 by Dr_Parnassus

I said “they”, I didn’t mention you.

The time stamps are there for all to see. Me mentioning them was a direct response to them having a meltdown over me and my completely sensible views and bitching about people on here, calling them racists with absolutely no foundation or basis (not for the first time).

I repeat. I’m not a member of that forum, they are a member of this one and post here infrequently. So if they are brave enough to start talking about us and people’s beliefs on here then be brave enough to come on here and say it to us.

But we both know they won’t do that because every time they are asked an awkward question they throw their toys out of the pram and run back to that board.

Now stop being silly Itch, there’s a good boy.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 10:30]

Okay, I'll leave it there, it's a touchy subject.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:07 - Oct 27 with 893 viewsKilkennyjack

Its over.

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:13 - Oct 27 with 888 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:53 - Oct 27 by ItchySphincter

Okay, I'll leave it there, it's a touchy subject.

No need to be touchy about it.

It’s just common sense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024