Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D C UTD a few similarities 13:10 - Oct 9 with 4051 viewsCARDAN

Not that I care a bit about DC United but was just watching Sky Sports News, it was showing the league Tables for the US leagues, I see they are bottom.
So what? Well of course they are owned by the same dooshbags, Investment hedge funds do t make great football clubs custodians for they.
D C UTD a few similarities on 13:11 - Oct 9 with 2466 viewsCARDAN

Typo meant do they?
D C UTD a few similarities on 13:17 - Oct 9 with 2454 viewsChief

One of the MLS' s traditional heavyweights with a lot of success and honours in the 90s and 00s, but only one trophy since Levein got involved in 2012 - one open cup win in an otherwise awful season (just 3 league wins - a new record).

Not good reading.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 13:47]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

D C UTD a few similarities on 16:27 - Oct 9 with 2388 viewsReslovenSwan1

I wish DC United well. They have common owners to Swansea city and I see no reason to dislike them at all. They invested hard US cash in Wales protecting upto 400 local jobs and are employing the excact same stategy as those did before them. Tight financial book keeping selling players high and buying low. They are trying to keep the same football DNA established by Huw Jenkins and will continue to ensure local Welsh lads can develop in Swansea and not have to travel to Bath like they did in the bad old days. They have injected a significant sum into the club and will not ak for it back if certain conditions are met. This is good news. It is only bad news for shareholders that are not committed to the club who can go elsewhere.

They made some bad early mistakes (Sacking Guidoilin and the Bradley appointment) but appear to be learning on the job. They should have learned from the James sale. Potter who appeared a godsend actually lumbered the club with four players not considered good enough by Cooper costing £7m. Cooper and Scott appear to be more careful with their signings. Potter's compo fee might have covered his transfer losses.

Criticism of the US ownersusually comes attached with epithets of being 'hedge fund' owners etc. Although Kaplan ran a firm involved in hedgefunds he retired from that to concentrate on his sports investments. Levien has been at DC for 8 years so is not fly by night. There is no typical hedgefund owner. These can be good and bad. There is an element of secrecey but that applied to the old board as well.

The US and THEM approach has its roots deep in Welsh culture and is too be expected I suppose . I want to see the US poeple make money as that means Welsh people making money as well. If the US people get Swasnea back to the 'Proomier' league everyone is a winner. I expect swanse to exist comfortably in the Champioship and every team has a 15%
chance of promotion based on a random assessment.

Wise sage since Toshack era

D C UTD a few similarities on 18:04 - Oct 9 with 2370 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 16:27 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I wish DC United well. They have common owners to Swansea city and I see no reason to dislike them at all. They invested hard US cash in Wales protecting upto 400 local jobs and are employing the excact same stategy as those did before them. Tight financial book keeping selling players high and buying low. They are trying to keep the same football DNA established by Huw Jenkins and will continue to ensure local Welsh lads can develop in Swansea and not have to travel to Bath like they did in the bad old days. They have injected a significant sum into the club and will not ak for it back if certain conditions are met. This is good news. It is only bad news for shareholders that are not committed to the club who can go elsewhere.

They made some bad early mistakes (Sacking Guidoilin and the Bradley appointment) but appear to be learning on the job. They should have learned from the James sale. Potter who appeared a godsend actually lumbered the club with four players not considered good enough by Cooper costing £7m. Cooper and Scott appear to be more careful with their signings. Potter's compo fee might have covered his transfer losses.

Criticism of the US ownersusually comes attached with epithets of being 'hedge fund' owners etc. Although Kaplan ran a firm involved in hedgefunds he retired from that to concentrate on his sports investments. Levien has been at DC for 8 years so is not fly by night. There is no typical hedgefund owner. These can be good and bad. There is an element of secrecey but that applied to the old board as well.

The US and THEM approach has its roots deep in Welsh culture and is too be expected I suppose . I want to see the US poeple make money as that means Welsh people making money as well. If the US people get Swasnea back to the 'Proomier' league everyone is a winner. I expect swanse to exist comfortably in the Champioship and every team has a 15%

I don't think anyone dislikes D.C. United. I remember a few of their fans providing some warnings when the Americans bought their shares in US. The rappor with them is fine.

Pity they've gone terrible since Levein et al took them over. Confidence?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

D C UTD a few similarities on 18:44 - Oct 9 with 2348 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:19 - Oct 9 with 2326 viewsKilkennyjack

Local Welsh lads ?
Give it a rest.

In Jenkins Premiership days we produced nobody meaningful apart from super Ben. In 7 years.
Roberts played our last 6 games.
Nobody else even on the bench.

We do now have Rodon and Ben - which is great - but both after big nose fecked off.

We produced 1 player a year with far less investment before the Prem - Macca, Jazz, and Allen.
Thats without keeper Dai, Marley, and Gwion.

Trying to rebrand other people's hard work as our own is shocking.

Beware of the Risen People

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:24 - Oct 9 with 2321 viewsjasper_T

Josh Sheehan and Liam Shephard both played cup matches for us.
D C UTD a few similarities on 19:42 - Oct 9 with 2306 viewsGroo

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:24 - Oct 9 by jasper_T

and against us :)

Groo does what Groo does best

Login to get fewer ads

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:21 - Oct 9 with 2282 viewsBillyChong

Cooper pleading for investment in the playing side of things is hardly ‘being more careful’.
D C UTD a few similarities on 20:22 - Oct 9 with 2289 viewsKilkennyjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:24 - Oct 9 by jasper_T

How we released Sheehan and kept others i will never know.

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:59 - Oct 9 with 2270 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:21 - Oct 9 by BillyChong

Cooper pleading for investment in the playing side of things is hardly ‘being more careful’.

He's off his Donald Trumpet!
D C UTD a few similarities on 21:04 - Oct 9 with 2260 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper knew that the club was sorting itself out financially when he took the job. Unless he's a complete moron, the additional problems caused by Covid can't have escaped him.

Whilst the method of informing him that a player he had no inclination to use or idea of how to do so effectively could have been better, he's doing himself few favours by continually daring the club to spend more than they can afford.

He can resign if he likes, but I doubt there will be many takers afterwards. Otherwise he can just shut the f*ck up and get on with the job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:16 - Oct 9 with 2249 views34dfgdf54

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:04 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

Cooper knew that the club was sorting itself out financially when he took the job. Unless he's a complete moron, the additional problems caused by Covid can't have escaped him.

Whilst the method of informing him that a player he had no inclination to use or idea of how to do so effectively could have been better, he's doing himself few favours by continually daring the club to spend more than they can afford.

He can resign if he likes, but I doubt there will be many takers afterwards. Otherwise he can just shut the f*ck up and get on with the job.

I think there’ll be loads of takers for Cooper. They’ve seen what we have done in the loan market and it’s down to him.
D C UTD a few similarities on 21:19 - Oct 9 with 2244 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:04 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

Not like you to completely miss the point Jobs?
D C UTD a few similarities on 21:44 - Oct 9 with 2217 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:19 - Oct 9 by Garyjack

Not like you to completely miss the point Jobs?

It is complete revionism not to give credit for the past owners of the cub 2002-2016 for Championship quality players or above. Swansea city FC

Local players in the HJ era
Jazz R, Ben Davies, Joey Allen, Cabango, Rodon, Roberts, Dan James*, Cullen.
To come Cooper B, Lewis J, Webb, Evans J and C. Cooper O.

Honourable mentions released Hedges*, Sheenan, Shepherd, M Watkins*.

1988-2002 Jason Bowen. No one else of Championship quality I can remember. Apologies if I have forgotten.

* Welsh qualified international

One wonders what jewels were missed in the bad old days who simple gave up football and became welders.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 21:51]

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:53 - Oct 9 with 2208 viewsReslovenSwan1

He could pick up Neil Warnock type 'pick and mix' signing straight away on low wages. Omar Bogle, Niasse, Abert Adomah, Gestede, Gary Madine, etc. even Jazz Richards, Ashley Williams and Danny Graham could still do a job.

D C UTD a few similarities on 22:04 - Oct 9 with 2186 viewsBillyChong

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:53 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

He could pick up Neil Warnock type 'pick and mix' signing straight away on low wages. Omar Bogle, Niasse, Abert Adomah, Gestede, Gary Madine, etc. even Jazz Richards, Ashley Williams and Danny Graham could still do a job.

Jesus. Give up and watch Cardiff if you want any of those at the club this season.
D C UTD a few similarities on 22:09 - Oct 9 with 2190 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:44 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

It is complete revionism not to give credit for the past owners of the cub 2002-2016 for Championship quality players or above. Swansea city FC

1988-2002 Jason Bowen. No one else of Championship quality I can remember. Apologies if I have forgotten.

One wonders what jewels were missed in the bad old days who simple gave up football and became welders.

Cool story bro. Though i have no idea as to why you aimed that post at me!

Thinking about it though, i wonder how much we would get today for Chris Coleman other than the £1.245m fee we got when we sold him almost 30 years ago as a tier 3 player?

Special mentions to Andrew Melville and Colin Pascoe. And we didn't have a pot to piss in on any academy! Your memory is pretty poor at best isn't it?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 23:12]
D C UTD a few similarities on 23:20 - Oct 9 with 2138 viewsKilkennyjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:44 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Lets be clear

After we got our Prem millions and put 10s of millions into the Academy.
We only produced Ben Davies.
And the Roberts 6 games.

All the others came before we had the money, or after big nose had left.

Thats the facts.

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:25 - Oct 10 with 2069 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 22:04 - Oct 9 by BillyChong

Jesus. Give up and watch Cardiff if you want any of those at the club this season.

Obviously I do not. I pointed out that Cooper was being very careful in signing players and has not shown any interest in readily available players out of contract.

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:27 - Oct 10 with 2066 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 22:09 - Oct 9 by Garyjack

Cool story bro. Though i have no idea as to why you aimed that post at me!

Thinking about it though, i wonder how much we would get today for Chris Coleman other than the £1.245m fee we got when we sold him almost 30 years ago as a tier 3 player?

Special mentions to Andrew Melville and Colin Pascoe. And we didn't have a pot to piss in on any academy! Your memory is pretty poor at best isn't it?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 23:12]

Good shout Gary. Momory is not what it was. I can add shaun McDonald to the Jenkinista era.

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 2056 viewsCatullus

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:19 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Local Welsh lads ?
Give it a rest.

In Jenkins Premiership days we produced nobody meaningful apart from super Ben. In 7 years.
Roberts played our last 6 games.
Nobody else even on the bench.

We do now have Rodon and Ben - which is great - but both after big nose fecked off.

We produced 1 player a year with far less investment before the Prem - Macca, Jazz, and Allen.
Thats without keeper Dai, Marley, and Gwion.

Trying to rebrand other people's hard work as our own is shocking.

Cabango is from Cardiff, are we counting that as local?

That last line I entirely agree with.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:42 - Oct 10 with 2061 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 23:20 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Lets be clear

After we got our Prem millions and put 10s of millions into the Academy.
We only produced Ben Davies.
And the Roberts 6 games.

All the others came before we had the money, or after big nose had left.

Thats the facts.

Jenkins and his chums deserve credit for producing local Welsh lads good enough to play for Swansea, if not, turn out regularly at lower levels. Samuels another. Effectively a local job creation scheme. All of the players coming throuh the rank over 15 were signed in the Jenkinista era

Also the club has offered opprtunities to hundred of local Welsh kids to be footballers and responsible human beings as well. There is another very promising group coming through no who went to California three years ago as 13 year olds. I am a little surprised you as a Welsh patriot does not value these thing more highly to be honest,

Swansea city is a US Welsh consortium. This is good for Swansea and good for Wales. The people not interested in being part of this consortium should go and do something else.

D C UTD a few similarities on 04:39 - Oct 11 with 1984 viewsKilkennyjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 12:42 - Oct 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Jenkins and his chums deserve credit for producing local Welsh lads good enough to play for Swansea, if not, turn out regularly at lower levels. Samuels another. Effectively a local job creation scheme. All of the players coming throuh the rank over 15 were signed in the Jenkinista era

Also the club has offered opprtunities to hundred of local Welsh kids to be footballers and responsible human beings as well. There is another very promising group coming through no who went to California three years ago as 13 year olds. I am a little surprised you as a Welsh patriot does not value these thing more highly to be honest,

Swansea city is a US Welsh consortium. This is good for Swansea and good for Wales. The people not interested in being part of this consortium should go and do something else.

Is this a wind up ?

Samuels never joined our club until 16.
Had already played in the Welsh Prem for Aberystwyth.

And he was never going to be good enough to play first team for Swansea City.

We are a business.
Producing players to play at a lower level is a failure, its for the birds.

Our Academy is judged on producing first team players for Swansea City.
Thats it.

‘Missing in Action’ would be a great motto for our Academy.

And next the financial disaster cos we can no longer afford it.

Try speaking truth to power mate, be a change for you.

D C UTD a few similarities on 06:23 - Oct 11 with 1978 viewsbuilthjack

"They have injected a significant sum of money into the club and will not ask for it back if certain conditions are met".
What conditions are these ?
So they don't want their money back?
I don't believe that for one minute.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:54]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024