Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't trust the BBC 23:04 - Oct 13 with 14373 viewsKerouac

...it is merely a propaganda machine for Lefties.

Take this for an example.
The USA is being prevented from rolling out a $1.8 trillion COVID bailout package by Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats. This happened today. It is big news in America, even CNN is taking this story seriously, I just watched Wolf Blitzer giving Nancy Pelosi a good going over on the subject (imagine the Guardian were demanding answers from Corbyn for using the system to block a bailout in this country...that's what this is).

Now, the BBC has been taking a pretty keen interest in US politics lately, every day there is a multitude of anti-Trump articles.
How do they report this story?
Nothing on the main page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/
Nothing in the 'News' section: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
Nothing under 'World' (several attack jobs on Trump's Supreme Court Judge pick though): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world
Nothing under 'US and Canada': https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

...that last page is hilariously one sided.
If you want a laugh scroll down and check out the BBC's spin on what Biden said in the video under 'Did Joe Biden really say he was running for the Senate?'.

These people aren't journalists.
They are not reporting the news.
They have an agenda and are trying to confuse people with lies (see Biden video).
...and they are all paid very well indeed, paid by us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Don't trust the BBC on 18:11 - Oct 15 with 1196 viewsKeithHaynes

I've now issued final warnings.
Please, if you cannot embrace Phil's site as well as this one, or insist on embarking on individual spats that I've said time and time again should stop. Then there will be a ban.
If you haven't had a warning then it comes in the form of your posts being removed. Phil, agrees the same applies on his site.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Don't trust the BBC on 18:13 - Oct 15 with 1189 viewsItchySphincter

Don't trust the BBC on 18:11 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

I've now issued final warnings.
Please, if you cannot embrace Phil's site as well as this one, or insist on embarking on individual spats that I've said time and time again should stop. Then there will be a ban.
If you haven't had a warning then it comes in the form of your posts being removed. Phil, agrees the same applies on his site.

Good post.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Don't trust the BBC on 18:15 - Oct 15 with 1183 viewsonehunglow

No Dr P.That is your interpretation.Many see it as anything that questions Labour voters beliefs.

As for Alabama

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Don't trust the BBC on 18:20 - Oct 15 with 1173 viewsKeithHaynes

Don't trust the BBC on 18:15 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

No Dr P.That is your interpretation.Many see it as anything that questions Labour voters beliefs.

As for Alabama

Debate is the key, he does it very well, not many others do.

Don't trust the BBC on 18:57 - Oct 15 with 1148 viewsonehunglow

I like Neil Young .

With you having a punk background ,I'd be surprised Neil Percival Young was on your play list

Don't trust the BBC on 19:31 - Oct 15 with 1134 viewsKeithHaynes

Don't trust the BBC on 18:57 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

I like Neil Young .

With you having a punk background ,I'd be surprised Neil Percival Young was on your play list

Then you should be surprised.

Don't trust the BBC on 22:13 - Oct 15 with 1078 viewsonehunglow

Now you've gone up in my estimation.

Now ,do you read music and

what key is your favourite to "sing" in,

Don't trust the BBC on 23:57 - Oct 15 with 1049 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 15:19 - Oct 15 by FieryJack

Sly and slippery as ever, eh?

Or maybe just plain thick.

There is a big difference between asking who someone works for and where, exactly, they work.

I asked you who you work for, not where you work. But "you already know this, don't you", you tedious toad.

For example, I work for a global banking organisation (ironically), but that is not the same as divulging exactly where, or in what capacity.

Stop effing about, and play the game, lad.

Think about it thicko. Why do you insist on coming over onto this site and running your vile mouth at its users?

I have revealed what country I live in to you, because I’m a nice guy and didn’t want you confused when you kept telling me I was posting in the middle of the night when I wasn’t. So then I told you what my job title is because I’m a nice guy and you were clearly confused about why I am into American politics when you seemed annoyed about it.

That’s enough information to satisfy any normal persons curiosity. But you aren’t a normal person, you are a person that tries to justify murder just because the victim supported the President (a fine trait shared with myself and my family). So now you are trying to find out the company I work at in order to figure out where I work.

Do you see how sinister and deranged that sounds? I’m assuming not, which is a worry in itself.

I repeat. If you can combat what I say then great, do it. If you can’t, then there is a reason for that isn’t it. But what you won’t be doing is finding out where myself and my family earn a living. That’s the calling card of the unhinged and the deranged.

Now, which part of my views do you disagree with and why?

There is a saying “sh*t or get off the pot”. That applies here, stop crying.

Ta.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 0:08]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Don't trust the BBC on 00:04 - Oct 16 with 1045 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 18:15 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

As for Alabama

Then they are wrong.

That isn’t MY interpretation, that is the definition of right wing.

Labour doesn’t exist in most countries. The right isn’t a political party it’s a set of values and beliefs. People would describe me as on the right but I have values aligned with both the left and the right.

I would normally be described as a centrist - I am, have always been and always will be on the side of common sense. I have only been thought of as right wing in the last few years as the paradigm for the left has shrunk and if you don’t fit a certain set of wild beliefs mainly based on emotion rather than fact - then you are right wing, the centre has disappeared.

Don't trust the BBC on 00:34 - Oct 16 with 1038 viewsItchySphincter

Don't trust the BBC on 23:57 - Oct 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Think about it thicko. Why do you insist on coming over onto this site and running your vile mouth at its users?

I have revealed what country I live in to you, because I’m a nice guy and didn’t want you confused when you kept telling me I was posting in the middle of the night when I wasn’t. So then I told you what my job title is because I’m a nice guy and you were clearly confused about why I am into American politics when you seemed annoyed about it.

That’s enough information to satisfy any normal persons curiosity. But you aren’t a normal person, you are a person that tries to justify murder just because the victim supported the President (a fine trait shared with myself and my family). So now you are trying to find out the company I work at in order to figure out where I work.

Do you see how sinister and deranged that sounds? I’m assuming not, which is a worry in itself.

I repeat. If you can combat what I say then great, do it. If you can’t, then there is a reason for that isn’t it. But what you won’t be doing is finding out where myself and my family earn a living. That’s the calling card of the unhinged and the deranged.

Ta.

In the spirit of things, and I haven’t got a dog in the fight, your opening gambit there demonstrates everything that we are trying to curb on this site. There is no need to be so unpleasant.

Don't trust the BBC on 00:59 - Oct 16 with 1017 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 00:34 - Oct 16 by ItchySphincter

In the spirit of things, and I haven’t got a dog in the fight, your opening gambit there demonstrates everything that we are trying to curb on this site. There is no need to be so unpleasant.

You mean in response to someone saying:-

“Sly and slippery as ever, eh?

Or maybe just plain thick”

While displaying next level stupidity and trying to illicit personal information from me.

You think there is “no need to be so unpleasant” in calling that person a “thicko”? I’m afraid we both have vastly different ideas of what constitutes a fair reaction then.

If you speak to me nicely you get a nice reply, if you speak to me like this moron has then you get the reply in the same manner as you have given.

This won’t change.

Don't trust the BBC on 07:22 - Oct 16 with 994 viewsItchySphincter

Ta.

* edit - double post.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 7:25]

Don't trust the BBC on 07:23 - Oct 16 with 993 viewsItchySphincter

Don't trust the BBC on 00:59 - Oct 16 by Dr_Parnassus

You mean in response to someone saying:-

“Sly and slippery as ever, eh?

Or maybe just plain thick”

While displaying next level stupidity and trying to illicit personal information from me.

You think there is “no need to be so unpleasant” in calling that person a “thicko”? I’m afraid we both have vastly different ideas of what constitutes a fair reaction then.

If you speak to me nicely you get a nice reply, if you speak to me like this moron has then you get the reply in the same manner as you have given.

This won’t change.

Okay, fair enough.

Don't trust the BBC on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 970 viewsKilkennyjack

This is quality.

Fiona picks the English student to end the Scotland show, and it backfires completely.

The people of Scotland will decide on the future of Scotland - not Mogg, not Johnson and not Farage.

Feck the BBC 🤘

Beware of the Risen People

Don't trust the BBC on 10:06 - Oct 16 with 949 viewschad

Ah Neil Young one on my absolute all time favourites.

Sadly from reports, not always the very nicest of people, back in the day.
Don't trust the BBC on 10:07 - Oct 16 with 949 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Don't trust the BBC on 08:57 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

This is quality.

Fiona picks the English student to end the Scotland show, and it backfires completely.

The people of Scotland will decide on the future of Scotland - not Mogg, not Johnson and not Farage.

Feck the BBC 🤘

Just as the Welsh people decided they want to remain part of the UK.
interesting in one recent poll 58% of Scottish people want another independence referendum yet 30% of those who voted for a referendum think leaving the UK thing it will seriously damage the Scottish economy while only 15% think it will improve the Scottish economy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Don't trust the BBC on 10:28 - Oct 16 with 945 viewsonehunglow

Chad.
A true story.
Im pretty good chums with Ian Macnabb (icicle works).
Ian has been solo for many years and producing wonderful stuff still.

He opened for Neil Young at Liverpool Echo and he was OK,considering he was accused by NJ of stealing his Crazy Horse band to record some of his own stuff.

Young is rather scary and can be up his own arris at shows turning i back for overlong self indulgent solos.

His body of work however in my opinion is only exceeded by Dylan

Don't trust the BBC on 10:29 - Oct 16 with 944 viewsonehunglow

Dr P.
Allow my humble self to inform you that sometimes in life we are wrong to think we are right.

You,to me,are very wrong and I might be right.

Don't trust the BBC on 11:25 - Oct 16 with 938 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 10:29 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Dr P.
Allow my humble self to inform you that sometimes in life we are wrong to think we are right.

You,to me,are very wrong and I might be right.

Wrong about what? Do you even know what you are talking about half the time? You clearly haven’t read a word of what I posted.

You in short, you think I’m wrong that I’m refusing to tell someone where I work? Please explain.

I thought you saved me from your drivel by putting me on ignore? Or so you claimed.

Richard’s brain when he sees I have posted:- “Dr P has posted, he often makes points I can’t argue against, let’s tell him he’s wrong about whatever he’s posting about, if he asks me to explain I’ll just refuse or change the subject in order to get out of it.”

Don’t worry you aren’t the only one.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 11:34]

Don't trust the BBC on 11:53 - Oct 16 with 922 viewsProfessor

Don't trust the BBC on 10:28 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Chad.
A true story.
Im pretty good chums with Ian Macnabb (icicle works).
Ian has been solo for many years and producing wonderful stuff still.

He opened for Neil Young at Liverpool Echo and he was OK,considering he was accused by NJ of stealing his Crazy Horse band to record some of his own stuff.

Young is rather scary and can be up his own arris at shows turning i back for overlong self indulgent solos.

His body of work however in my opinion is only exceeded by Dylan

He was pretty good too Rich. As you know 'Up here in the North of England' is a particular favourite of mine.

I enjoyed Neil Young too-was the full raucous Crazy Horse set of course which left those expecting a' Harvest/Harvest Moon" type set rather bemused.
Don't trust the BBC on 13:30 - Oct 16 with 898 viewsonehunglow

The triplets Ian plays at the intro is striking

Don't trust the BBC on 13:32 - Oct 16 with 897 viewsonehunglow

Dr P.
If you want to engage with me then show some respect otherwise just do not bother.

You are going back on ignore

Don't trust the BBC on 14:48 - Oct 16 with 874 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don't trust the BBC on 13:32 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Dr P.
If you want to engage with me then show some respect otherwise just do not bother.

I have no axe to grind here, but you did say that the Dr was wrong, without saying what he was wrong about.
For clarification for the readers of these posts, which of his many posts was actually wrong and why?
ps I do not agree with everything he says.
Don't trust the BBC on 14:52 - Oct 16 with 870 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't trust the BBC on 13:32 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Dr P.

You said I was wrong, yet refused to elaborate on what it was you claimed I was wrong about.

If that’s the level of your contribution can you please stick to putting me on ignore.

Cheers.

Don't trust the BBC on 15:29 - Oct 16 with 859 viewsFieryJack

Ta.

More poppycock.

More half-truths.

More exaggerations.

I've been on this site for years. I haven't just come over here to abuse you.

You didn't reveal to me which country you lived in, you merely said you were 9 hours ahead of GMT. (I'd rather you were in a North Korean paddy field, to be honest.)

I have not tried to justify the murder of a Trump supporter.

Once again, (how many times do I have to repeat this?) I asked the name of the global organisation you claim to work for, not because I want to discover the exact location of the fly-blown, antiopdean town you dwell in (I honestly don't care a stuff about, whatever you may believe), but merely so that I could boycott any goods or services proffered by a company that would choose to employ you.

(Meanwhile, in the real world, I find it perfectly understandable why you wouldn't divulge such information - I wouldn't do so myself.)

Next, you have the temerity to refer to yourself as a "nice guy" (twice!)

You are not.

Decidedly not.

You sow division and enmity on this site like no other poster I can recall.

You proceed in a bullying and deeply unpleasant manner to humiliate those on here who cross swords with you, and who lack your articulacy. (I'll give you that: your brutal articulacy).

You have not converted anyone to your cause. You've hardened everyone's opinions, left or right.

And that is what I dislike about you the most.

I envisage you as a cold, relentless, humourless, reptilian control freak (that out-of-control combine harvester springs to mind again).

Having abused you thus, I will not be one of those calling for you to be banned. That's not my style. I'm too magnanimous and liberal-minded to want to seek to shut down the opinions - however vile I may find them - of someone I find so objectionable.

Besides which, you give me something to kick against.

I expect a reply from you around midnight - Greenwich Mean Time (that's 9am North Korea Time).

Ta 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024