Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£11m for Joe - 17:39 - Oct 16 with 3323 viewsBillyChong

Who was it that said Silverstein’s cash injection would allow us to play hardball when it came to selling Joe? Bollocks. Yanks, Winter, Sellouts - fack off.

This post has been edited by an administrator
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 17:41 - Oct 16 with 2500 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If that’s true it’s not only sickening because of the amount, it’s Moneybags spurs cheating us AND us rolling over again.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 17:45 - Oct 16 with 2482 viewsNortbankboy

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 17:41 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

If that’s true it’s not only sickening because of the amount, it’s Moneybags spurs cheating us AND us rolling over again.

Looking at the bigger picture a good bit of business today.
Only thing missing today was bringing a proper no 9
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 17:59 - Oct 16 with 2436 viewsAnotherJohn

Still a negative window overall for me. 11 million would be peanuts to a Championship club that isn't broke. I think we've gone well past the point where we had a core of players who would be good enough for the EPL if we got promoted. Clubs that have to build from zero come straight back down.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 18:15 - Oct 16 with 2403 viewsNortbankboy

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 17:59 - Oct 16 by AnotherJohn

Still a negative window overall for me. 11 million would be peanuts to a Championship club that isn't broke. I think we've gone well past the point where we had a core of players who would be good enough for the EPL if we got promoted. Clubs that have to build from zero come straight back down.

I would say the squad looks a lot stronger now
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 18:26 - Oct 16 with 2384 viewsNeath_Jack

Everyone thought we would come straight back down last time.

You never know in football.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 18:44 - Oct 16 with 2364 viewsPrivate_Partz

We have to get there first AJ :-)
I think the gap between the big boys and the rest has grown in the Premier League. Even since we dropped out.
I reckon we could give 5 out of the bottom six a good run even now.
It would be extremely tough no doubt but I would love to see us giving it a go.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 19:27 - Oct 16 with 2296 viewsKGriz16

Do people live in the real world? The squad is probably shelling out cash due to the pandemic. No crowds etc. disappointed at the Rodon fee, but a poor window? No chance! Sickening? No chance.

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 19:38 - Oct 16 with 2277 viewsNeath_Jack

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 19:27 - Oct 16 by KGriz16

Do people live in the real world? The squad is probably shelling out cash due to the pandemic. No crowds etc. disappointed at the Rodon fee, but a poor window? No chance! Sickening? No chance.

Been a very good window.

Nice to get Borini over the line as well mind.

I'm on record on this forum as saying if we got anywhere close to £10m for Joe, we would have done well.

Let's see how many games he plays for Spurs this season, and how long he stays fit for,

Huge potential, but potential is often not reached.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 20:03 - Oct 16 with 2216 viewsMartinSwan

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 19:38 - Oct 16 by Neath_Jack

Been a very good window.

Nice to get Borini over the line as well mind.

I'm on record on this forum as saying if we got anywhere close to £10m for Joe, we would have done well.

Let's see how many games he plays for Spurs this season, and how long he stays fit for,

Huge potential, but potential is often not reached.

I’m so glad the new loan allowed us to play hardball over Joe, otherwise Winter’s response to Levy’s £7m first bid would have been ‘ can you make it £5m, we wouldn’t want to inconvenience you’
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 20:24 - Oct 16 with 2192 viewsBillyChong

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 20:03 - Oct 16 by MartinSwan

I’m so glad the new loan allowed us to play hardball over Joe, otherwise Winter’s response to Levy’s £7m first bid would have been ‘ can you make it £5m, we wouldn’t want to inconvenience you’

Spot on.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 20:26 - Oct 16 with 2189 viewsnantywatcher

It's a free and open market place. In the real world with no interest or competition for his signature, Winter or whoever could only squeeze what the market dictates was Jo's true value (at this point in time.)I think Jo was worth more but that does me a fat lot of good if no-one with the funds available rates him more than £11mill..
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 20:50 - Oct 16 with 2175 viewsLuther27

That’s the last of the family silver sold then....in the pawn shop for peanuts.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:01 - Oct 16 with 2148 viewsBillyChong

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 20:26 - Oct 16 by nantywatcher

It's a free and open market place. In the real world with no interest or competition for his signature, Winter or whoever could only squeeze what the market dictates was Jo's true value (at this point in time.)I think Jo was worth more but that does me a fat lot of good if no-one with the funds available rates him more than £11mill..

He had two years left on his contract
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:12 - Oct 16 with 2124 viewshobo

It reminds me of the James to Leeds transfer. Only this time it went through. Amaterish
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:14 - Oct 16 with 2119 viewsBadlands

Good business.
Rodon was never going to attract offers above £15 million.
Anyone who claims otherwise is a bit deluded IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:15 - Oct 16 with 2119 viewsMartinSwan

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:12 - Oct 16 by hobo

It reminds me of the James to Leeds transfer. Only this time it went through. Amaterish

I think that is an insult to amateurs.

This is, at bes, incompetence and in any other business would result in Winter being sacked.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:24 - Oct 16 with 2105 viewsBillyChong

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:14 - Oct 16 by Badlands

Good business.
Rodon was never going to attract offers above £15 million.
Anyone who claims otherwise is a bit deluded IMO.

Home grown international centre back going for less then £15m?
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:54 - Oct 16 with 2064 viewsmajorraglan

My initial thoughts are that this a disappointing piece of business, £11m is in my opinion too low. Hopefully the initial fee will be mitigated by some clauses based on appearances, resale and Spurs future playing success - I hope Winter has linked that to PL position as opposed to trophies because I can’t see much silverware going to WHL.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 22:09 - Oct 16 with 2047 viewshobo

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 21:54 - Oct 16 by majorraglan

My initial thoughts are that this a disappointing piece of business, £11m is in my opinion too low. Hopefully the initial fee will be mitigated by some clauses based on appearances, resale and Spurs future playing success - I hope Winter has linked that to PL position as opposed to trophies because I can’t see much silverware going to WHL.

I imagine the add-ons will be player dependent. £1m after every 10 appearance for example
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 23:36 - Oct 16 with 2000 viewsTreforys_Jack

What was the alternative, keep a player whose head had been turned. It would only be natural that his performance would probably dip. Birch and Levy held all the cards.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 23:53 - Oct 16 with 1988 viewsKeithHaynes

For me, winter played a better game than Huw could only dream about.
He's got my 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 07:45 - Oct 17 with 1911 viewsNortbankboy

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 23:53 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

He's got my 👍

Yes he done well.
All he needs to do now is get us in the premiership for seven yrs and win a major trophy.
No pressure
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 08:47 - Oct 17 with 1877 viewsNeath_Jack

He's got my 👍

Mr Winter has had an excellent window in fairness.

Gone about his business with no fuss.

Long may it continue.

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 09:17 - Oct 17 with 1845 viewsBillyChong

He's got my 👍

The only thing I’ll give Huw credit for in his latter days was holding on for decent fees from sales and playing hardball. Needless to say he would have blown the monies on daft signings. Winter/the yanks have folded here big time. Expect some silly offers for others in January now our weakness is clear to all.
£11m for Joe - pisstake on 09:22 - Oct 17 with 1831 viewsKeithHaynes

£11m for Joe - pisstake on 07:45 - Oct 17 by Nortbankboy

Yes he done well.
All he needs to do now is get us in the premiership for seven yrs and win a major trophy.
No pressure

The future is unwritten.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024