Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction 18:36 - Nov 4 with 11322 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday 7th November 2020
Kick Off 3pm
Carrow Road, Norwich

AKA : Electric Avenue

Matchday Referee
DARREN ENGLAND

Assistant Referees
Peter Kirkup Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Gavin Ward

Here we see some intense almost military style training in the ‘how to hold a flag’ course at the FA. Some of these referees haven’t slept for three days, they’ve been deprived of food and water but still after all that they raise a smile. Thank you for your service. Ant Middleton was unavailable for comment but raised an eyebrow when we questioned such severe training methodology. He would only whisper ‘Don't mess with these guys, they are lethal, you never know when they will strike’

Darren John Herbert England : What do we know ?
Darren has four names, so he can choose which one he wants on any given day. Sometimes he calls himself Herbert and wears a smoking jacket whilst drinking port from a fine crystal glass. On other days he calls himself John. When he’s John he dances round his small bed sit in Cleethorpes to the song ‘ Hello John got a new Motor’ and imagines himself working in Arthur Daley’s car lot. When he is Darren he puts a wig on and talks in a Welsh dialect complaining about the smell in Port Talbot and the cost of oil for squeaky wheels. Mr England is an all round good bloke who has refereed more than 5 matches in his career but far less than a thousand. Some of them in the premier league. His favourite food is Kurdish soup, nobody knows why or even if that’s true. He is never far away from controversy and has regularly been criticised by many managers this season and last. He loves a strange decision. However we have had him under surveillance for the last three days and he has done nothing irregular at all except go shopping with his mum in Waitrose. The thing going in his favour is in all the games (3) he has refereed involving the swans, none have been lost.

What do we know about Norwich ?
I’ve been to Norwich, it was raining, I went a second time and it was still raining, those visits were four years apart but I was confidently told it had not stopped raining at all. The Normans and English fought battles in Norwich. That was pre Middle Ages and for so many people to get together and have a fight who are all called Norman was a feat in itself. Remember this was before social media, all inclusive holidays and McDonald’s. The Normans did really well against the English all of whom were related in some way to the Matchday referee. We love history here at Swansea Independent.

Here is a Norman, this is a flying Norman and most certainly one of the prime reasons the Normans are today revered in small villages south of Norwich.

This is another Norman, he is famous for being stupid, but don’t be fooled, he is believed to have led the charge of the Normans at one of the most famous Norwich battles, ‘The Normans having a charge’ Many Swans fans live or come from Norwich. Norwich Jack is one, Norwich Jack 2 is also rumoured to live there.

Electric Avenue
The owner of Norwich City is Eddy Grant, he once applied for some financial help to buy a guitar hence his surname. Eddie is famous for his home cooking and for standing on the pitch absolutely smashed off his face on red wine shouting ‘Electric Avenue’ dressed as a ridiculously attractive woman, but you would never admit it. Nobody could work out why he did this, the sales of the only song he ever wrote were very good and this type of advertising was frowned upon by many football fans and his mum. Eddy has never commented on why he did it other than to say, I don’t remember doing that. Course not Eddy, it was the four bottles of Malbec you necked before kick off.

The only other fact we can find on Norwich is that their accent is belittled by other areas of the country, we will make no comment on this as it’s a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Swans v Norwich head to head
Fifty six games played to date.
Both sides have won 23 with 10 being drawn.
Before being promoted to the premier league swans fans will recall a disastrous home game in which Norwich won 4-1 back in November 2018. Apart from that records show things are pretty equal but Norwich away is a pretty difficult trip and even now swans fans would accept a draw.

In History
Norwich City 2 Swansea City 3
Saturday 15th November 2008

Swansea recovered from an early Arturo Lupoli goal to stun struggling Norwich.
Mark Fotheringham set Lupoli up for a low 12-yard shot, before sweet build-up from Jordi Gomez and Angel Rangel saw Jason Scotland equalise from close in. Two quick goals after the break sealed Norwich's fate, Darren Pratley firmly heading in Gomez's corner. Gomez assisted again to set Ferrie Bodde up from six yards, before Mark Fotheringham made the consolation, his shot deflecting in off Angel Rangel.

Swansea manager Roberto Martinez
"In football everyone must have a dream and ours is to play in the Premier League. But it could take us five years or even 10 years to achieve. Expectation levels are always very high in south Wales, but at the moment all we are trying to do is to consolidate at this level. Obviously I am very happy with the number of points we have won so far but our aim this season is to stay in this division. There are six or seven players here who have the ability to play in the Premier League, but at the moment we have still got to prove that we can compete week in, week out at this level. It was a big thing for us to come to a place like Norwich and get a result like this. This is the first time we have come to a Premier League environment and been ourselves, played the way we can and picked up the three points we deserved. It's a big step forward for us, a big moment."

Bodde and Scotland celebrate

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Kennedy, Doherty, Bertrand, Bell, Clingan, Fotheringham (Hoolahan 62), Pattison, Lupoli (Cureton 66), Lita.
Subs Not Used: Nelson, Drury, Omozusi.
Goals: Lupoli 28, Rangel 61 og.

Swansea: Konstantopoulos, Rangel, Williams, Monk, Bessone, Gomez, Britton, Bodde, Pratley, Gower (Pintado 78), Scotland (Brandy 90).
Subs Not Used: Krysiak, Tate, Bauza.
Booked: Bodde.
Goals: Scotland 43, Pratley 47, Bodde 48.
Att: 24,262

Ref: Grant Hegley (Hertfordshire).

What the opposition think ?

Swansea City have enjoyed a great start to the new campaign and look to be one of the early favourites for promotion to the Premier League this season.
Prior to the Swans' Tuesday night game with Brentford, and Norwich’s fixture with Millwall, we spoke to Wales Online football reporter Ian Mitchelmore, who covers Steve Cooper's side, to talk about their chances this season and what he expects when they travel to Carrow Road. canaries.co.uk: Swansea City have enjoyed a very positive start to the season, losing just one of their opening nine games. Is there an expectation that the club can challenge for the top two places this season having finished last campaign in the play-offs?
All in all, it's been a hugely encouraging start, and after reaching the play-offs last time around, the Swans definitely feel they can mount another promotion challenge this season. Players like Matt Grimes, Connor Roberts, Freddie Woodman, Ben Cabango and Marc Guehi have far more Championship experience now and are much better for it. As for a top two spot, that will be incredibly difficult, particularly with the likes of Norwich City, Brentford and Bournemouth in the division. But Swansea’s squad is a balanced one now while Steve Cooper fully understands what it takes to deliver the goods in the second tier after an impressive debut campaign in senior management last time out.

Cooper quotes

“We know it will be a really tough test, they were in the Premier League last season and had a strong Championship campaign the year before,” he said.

“A lot of that structure and the coach are still in place, so a lot of that identity remains and they are a team that commit to that.

“So it will be a tough game, but I think it comes at a good time for us and we are really looking forward to going there and committing to the game.

“We will be ready for it, as these are the games you have got to look forward to.

“We don’t fear anybody. We embrace the challenges in front of us, even at the end of this really busy period.

“We are really looking forward to it. We will be looking to attack it with everything we have got, because that is always our idea.”

TEAM NEWS

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Jake Bidwell; Kasey Palmer; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Matt Grimes, Viktor Gyokeres, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere.

Referee: Darren England

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:11 - Nov 7 with 1732 viewsLuther27

We are looking a good side consistently and unfortunate not to get all 3 points today never mind a point. Converting Lowe to a center forward type role will take time but he’s getting into the right areas and I’m sure his finishing will improve with every game he plays.
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:12 - Nov 7 with 1730 viewssP7qupUf

We are in a good position after a run of 5 tough games, three away at very good sides. We are right in it with a break and very winnable matches coming next. Before anyone says it.... I appreciate our historical record against weaker teams after an international break, but I think that this squad will kick on from here and we will be well placed in the top 4 by the time the derby comes up.
Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:18 - Nov 7 with 1693 viewsthornabyswan

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:08 - Nov 7 by Private_Partz

Yup. I hope he gets some composure as the season goes on because he lost us that game today.
Two excellent chances wasted.

Played well today again Lowe missrd a couple but they were not sitters if they jad fallen to Andre we would of won

Good performance though very unlucky I am optimistic for the rest of the season.

Personally I would be tempted to go for Piggot in January scored a few for Wimbledon this season
Victor is just not doing enough.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:56 - Nov 7 with 1568 viewsNortbankboy

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:18 - Nov 7 by thornabyswan

Played well today again Lowe missrd a couple but they were not sitters if they jad fallen to Andre we would of won

Good performance though very unlucky I am optimistic for the rest of the season.

Personally I would be tempted to go for Piggot in January scored a few for Wimbledon this season
Victor is just not doing enough.

How the feck did we lose that?
As soon as crimes came on we controlled the game.
Carry on playing like that and we will win more than we lose
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 18:38 - Nov 7 with 1504 viewsWxmJax

Hopefully someone will be giving Lowe some shooting tips and practice during the international break. Keep it low, Lowe should be the first tip.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 18:51 - Nov 7 with 1480 viewsjasper_T

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:06 - Nov 7 by TenbySwan

Lowe missed two sitters. That should have been burried.

Sadly Cullen no longer worth a place on the bench and hasn't been given a proper chance in the first team.

He has been scoring for fun at all levels for Swansea and Wales. People saying we need to bring a striker in but we already have one we don't use.

Very good performance though and we should have easily won

If he were English he'd be looking completely out of his depth at Sheff Utd by now.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 18:54 - Nov 7 with 1474 viewsBadlands

A lot saying Lowe needs time and practice ... won't make any difference.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 18:58 - Nov 7 with 1467 viewsmahoss

Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS Cabango out on 17:56 - Nov 7 by Nortbankboy

How the feck did we lose that?
As soon as crimes came on we controlled the game.
Carry on playing like that and we will win more than we lose

We lost it because we didn’t take our chances .......
Could have been top tonight , that’s the difference about being in the top 2 and all the rest.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 19:33 - Nov 7 with 1416 viewsKeithHaynes

Glad folk are enjoying the forum, news and reports. The stats are improving thanks to you all. however a gentle reminder regards pointless swearing. Thanks again. 👍⚽️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 23:35 - Nov 7 with 1257 viewsBadlands

Sturbridge until January (linked to Prem return but could use us to get match fit) Free agent
Bony pay as he plays

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 23:55 - Nov 7 with 1248 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 23:35 - Nov 7 by Badlands

Sturbridge until January (linked to Prem return but could use us to get match fit) Free agent
Bony pay as he plays

Bony hasn’t got the legs to play the type of game we’re playing now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 06:44 - Nov 8 with 1193 viewsangryjack

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 18:54 - Nov 7 by Badlands

A lot saying Lowe needs time and practice ... won't make any difference.

Your either natural or not a d he's not got no composure in front goal and it wasn't just yesterday..his all round play not good enough for me either..yes he huffs and puffs but don't anticipate anything waits for ball to go before moving when that half a yard is often too late and the defender there first...good back up player but if we got serious intentions of promotion we need a goalscorer
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 07:49 - Nov 8 with 1178 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 06:44 - Nov 8 by angryjack

Your either natural or not a d he's not got no composure in front goal and it wasn't just yesterday..his all round play not good enough for me either..yes he huffs and puffs but don't anticipate anything waits for ball to go before moving when that half a yard is often too late and the defender there first...good back up player but if we got serious intentions of promotion we need a goalscorer

I’ve never seen a player so good as Lowe pressing up high for us. His physicality and pace are vital to us at the moment . He was played in second half with a defender either side of him and he smashed the ball which brought an excellent save out of Krul. Not many are mentioning his effort in the first half when once again he got himself in position cleverly and hit another hard shot through a defenders legs and Krul, who saw it late pulled off another top drawer save.

Let’s get behind him FFS, he swears blood for the cause.

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 08:59 - Nov 8 with 1160 views34dfgdf54

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 07:49 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

I’ve never seen a player so good as Lowe pressing up high for us. His physicality and pace are vital to us at the moment . He was played in second half with a defender either side of him and he smashed the ball which brought an excellent save out of Krul. Not many are mentioning his effort in the first half when once again he got himself in position cleverly and hit another hard shot through a defenders legs and Krul, who saw it late pulled off another top drawer save.

Let’s get behind him FFS, he swears blood for the cause.

Him and Ayew’s movement and mobility is making mockery of defences of the leagues top sides. Lowe missed two sitters yesterday and Ayew one. Someone’s due a hammering.

From the little I have seen of Cullen, he would of probably have put away atleast two of the three chances we bottled yesterday but we’d lose to much in terms of our general play if we dropped Lowe.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 09:42 - Nov 8 with 1142 viewsFireboy2

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 08:59 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

Him and Ayew’s movement and mobility is making mockery of defences of the leagues top sides. Lowe missed two sitters yesterday and Ayew one. Someone’s due a hammering.

From the little I have seen of Cullen, he would of probably have put away atleast two of the three chances we bottled yesterday but we’d lose to much in terms of our general play if we dropped Lowe.

Well put risc.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 10:05 - Nov 8 with 1125 viewsAnotherJohn

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 23:35 - Nov 7 by Badlands

Bony pay as he plays

I wondered about a pay as you play deal for Wilf as well. People may be right to say he hasn't got the legs for our usual game, but I wouldn't rule out a plan B playing off a target man who can hold up the ball with his back to goal. I'll get caned on here for saying that I know, but for me it would come down to price. If there were no silly agents' fee and a realistic offer I'd be tempted. Wilf was actually quite good in the dressing room too.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 14:17 - Nov 8 with 1026 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 10:05 - Nov 8 by AnotherJohn

I wondered about a pay as you play deal for Wilf as well. People may be right to say he hasn't got the legs for our usual game, but I wouldn't rule out a plan B playing off a target man who can hold up the ball with his back to goal. I'll get caned on here for saying that I know, but for me it would come down to price. If there were no silly agents' fee and a realistic offer I'd be tempted. Wilf was actually quite good in the dressing room too.

He’s 45 ffs!

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 15:29 - Nov 8 with 1003 viewsNortbankboy

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 08:59 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

But would Cullen be physical and strong enough to at in positions Lowe gets into.
Lowe has got good movement he's a handful
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 20:34 - Nov 8 with 922 views34dfgdf54

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 15:29 - Nov 8 by Nortbankboy

But would Cullen be physical and strong enough to at in positions Lowe gets into.
Lowe has got good movement he's a handful

That’s exactly my point, he wouldn’t in my opinion.

Lowe is pretty much undroppable for Cooper at the moment in my opinion.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 911 viewsBadlands

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 20:34 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

That’s exactly my point, he wouldn’t in my opinion.

Lowe is pretty much undroppable for Cooper at the moment in my opinion.

If Lowe is up droppable we're not toiling the promotion places this season,

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 22:07 - Nov 8 with 909 viewsKeithHaynes

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 14:17 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s 45 ffs!

At least 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 08:50 - Nov 9 with 828 views34dfgdf54

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 22:06 - Nov 8 by Badlands

If Lowe is up droppable we're not toiling the promotion places this season,

We'll see

Bit of luck needed with keeping squad fit, but I've seen nothing to suggest we can't atleast challenge for top 6.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 12:31 - Nov 9 with 775 viewsjasper_T

We did alright last season (in this system) with Brewster not offering anything but finishing ability.
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 14:10 - Nov 10 with 693 viewsAnotherJohn

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 22:07 - Nov 8 by KeithHaynes

At least 😂

Well Tommy H did okay!
Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 15:06 - Nov 10 with 680 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Norwich City 1 Swansea City 0 : Matchday Thread and reaction on 12:31 - Nov 9 by jasper_T

We did alright last season (in this system) with Brewster not offering anything but finishing ability.

We haven’t got Brewster now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024