Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli 08:36 - Nov 7 with 4338 viewswestisbest

who will hopefully gain a full wales cap

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54846732
Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 21:06 - Nov 7 with 1055 viewsChief

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 20:36 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

Well a judge will decide if the Trust have a case.
Surely nobody is suggesting the law should not apply...?

Lets be honest, the local lads factory was lost when Alan Curtis was replaced by David Moss.

Jazz, Joey, Macca, and Ben all came through in rapid order without Cat 2. Also Grimes.
Roberts and Rodon were in the then CoE system already.

The value for money for the Academy may well have cost us our Premier League staus.
Produced nobody that helped in the Prem, save Roberts last 6 games.

Credit for the James and McBurnie ‘steals’ is due.

However, why would you build a split site Academy with no way of sustaining its funding if relegation ever happened.
Relegation was as inevitable as it could be.

****RANDOM UNJUSTIFIED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli (n/t) on 05:20 - Nov 8 with 1026 viewswestisbest

[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 5:27]
Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 05:24 - Nov 8 with 1026 viewswestisbest

Pembrey is in the llanelli borough
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 5:28]
Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 06:44 - Nov 8 with 1017 viewsKilkennyjack

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 21:06 - Nov 7 by Chief

****RANDOM UNJUSTIFIED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

No - i support the Trust.

Read it again dumbo.

Beware of the Risen People

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 07:30 - Nov 8 with 1011 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 11:51 - Nov 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea s record in producing players is actually very poor snce 1960-70s. This was because the club was a shambles.

Credit must be given to the so called 'sellouts' for setting up the academy and developing players again. Long may it continue. Holistically their contribution greatly outstips any percieved snub to the Trust who actual achievement are extremly modest dare I say a burden on the club in terms of culture and spirit.

The Toshack in the late 1970s and early 1980s era produced Dudley Lewis Nigel Stevenson and Chris Marustik, Defenders. Later came Coleman another defender, Pascoe and Jason Bowen.

If I was winter I would call in the academy chief and want an explanation for why Swansea academy is a centra half factory. Big strong 6 ft 2 in centre backs abound. No local centre forwards even to challenge the standard of Bioti Biabbi or Courtney Baker Richardsson. Could Brandon Cooper, Cameron Evans, Ben Erikson , Joe Rodon, Ben Cabango been trained as big number 9s from the age of 10?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 11:54]

Yes, because any centre half is capable of playing at centre forward aren’t they?

Fair play you really do talk some absolute rubbish

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 07:39 - Nov 8 with 1006 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 05:24 - Nov 8 by westisbest

Pembrey is in the llanelli borough
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 5:28]

If that is true then Llanelli is part of greater Swansea yes??

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 08:14 - Nov 8 with 1003 viewsChief

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 06:44 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

No - i support the Trust.

Read it again dumbo.

Apologies quoted wrong post

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 10:03 - Nov 8 with 986 viewsSPboy

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 13:14 - Nov 7 by ReslovenSwan1

My recollections start with Tosahack era. James and Curtis were already experienced pros by then having played in all four divisions. No disrespect to them obviously. I hold then in very high regard. The club at that time was not in a good state before Stuel and Toshack. Producing James and Curtis and Charles over two decades it that so great? Marustik and Dudley Lewis wee good pros. Stevenson had a good career.

After that there was very barren period, Coleman, Melville, Pascoe and Jason Bowen until the HJ era. In the same peirod the Wrexham Flint era had a golden age of Hughes, Rush, Blackmore, Speed, Ratcliffe, Southall not to mention Mickey Thomas. It could be argued Rob Jones and Michael Owen came from that crop.

The HJ era has produced Jazz Richards, Ben Davies, Connor Roberts, Joe Allen and now Rodon. Cabango is from further afield but then Curtis and Bowen were from Rhondda. I am proud of the club for actually being an holistic benefit to the city by giving 100 s of teenagers a shot at the big time. The people trashed by the fans built the acamedy and spent money on sending young talents on tours to South Africa and more recently California with the u13 s to help them deveop as good players and people. They had no obligation to do this and could have put that money in their pockets.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 13:16]

I thought Clayton Blackmore was from Neath ?
Login to get fewer ads

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 11:53 - Nov 8 with 965 viewstheloneranger

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 13:14 - Nov 7 by ReslovenSwan1

My recollections start with Tosahack era. James and Curtis were already experienced pros by then having played in all four divisions. No disrespect to them obviously. I hold then in very high regard. The club at that time was not in a good state before Stuel and Toshack. Producing James and Curtis and Charles over two decades it that so great? Marustik and Dudley Lewis wee good pros. Stevenson had a good career.

After that there was very barren period, Coleman, Melville, Pascoe and Jason Bowen until the HJ era. In the same peirod the Wrexham Flint era had a golden age of Hughes, Rush, Blackmore, Speed, Ratcliffe, Southall not to mention Mickey Thomas. It could be argued Rob Jones and Michael Owen came from that crop.

The HJ era has produced Jazz Richards, Ben Davies, Connor Roberts, Joe Allen and now Rodon. Cabango is from further afield but then Curtis and Bowen were from Rhondda. I am proud of the club for actually being an holistic benefit to the city by giving 100 s of teenagers a shot at the big time. The people trashed by the fans built the acamedy and spent money on sending young talents on tours to South Africa and more recently California with the u13 s to help them deveop as good players and people. They had no obligation to do this and could have put that money in their pockets.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 13:16]

Your recollections are not very good!! ...

"The club at that time was not in a good state before Stuel and Toshack"

Malcolm Struel became chairman in 1972 and we had to seek re-election back into the football league at the end of the 1974/75 season.

"James and Curtis were already experienced pros by then having played in all four divisions"

Robbie and Curt had only played in the 3rd and 4th divisions when Tosh arrived!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 14:55 - Nov 8 with 939 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 11:53 - Nov 8 by theloneranger

Your recollections are not very good!! ...

"The club at that time was not in a good state before Stuel and Toshack"

Malcolm Struel became chairman in 1972 and we had to seek re-election back into the football league at the end of the 1974/75 season.

"James and Curtis were already experienced pros by then having played in all four divisions"

Robbie and Curt had only played in the 3rd and 4th divisions when Tosh arrived!!

They’re not recollections . They’re badly researched wiki snippets

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 16:35 - Nov 8 with 927 viewsonehunglow

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 07:39 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

If that is true then Llanelli is part of greater Swansea yes??

I remember crossing the Loughor bridge was like going back 20 years.

They detested anything Swansea at all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 17:37 - Nov 8 with 915 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 07:30 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes, because any centre half is capable of playing at centre forward aren’t they?

Fair play you really do talk some absolute rubbish

Swansea city have not produced a stapping 6ft plus Hartson type centre forward for years or decades. Not even to the standard of Courtney Baker Richardson. Why?

I named 7 or 8 strapping centre backs from the big invetment made in the academy. £12-15m over the years. Of course they coud be converted but they are not are they? They
could not push out the likes of Botti Biabbi or Courtney Baker Richardson. I was hoping for a technical answer but go you instead.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 22:25 - Nov 8 with 888 viewsKilkennyjack

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 17:37 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea city have not produced a stapping 6ft plus Hartson type centre forward for years or decades. Not even to the standard of Courtney Baker Richardson. Why?

I named 7 or 8 strapping centre backs from the big invetment made in the academy. £12-15m over the years. Of course they coud be converted but they are not are they? They
could not push out the likes of Botti Biabbi or Courtney Baker Richardson. I was hoping for a technical answer but go you instead.

I agree with you.

You can add keeper to the missing list as well.
And wingers.
And centre mids (Save Super Joey Allen and Macca).

Back four looking better ...

Roberts/Jazz
Rodon
Ben cabango
Ben Davies

Its a pretty poor show.

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 22:46 - Nov 8 with 884 viewsNotLoyal

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 22:25 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

I agree with you.

You can add keeper to the missing list as well.
And wingers.
And centre mids (Save Super Joey Allen and Macca).

Back four looking better ...

Roberts/Jazz
Rodon
Ben cabango
Ben Davies

Its a pretty poor show.

It depends what you class as produced though.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 22:59 - Nov 8 with 881 viewsKilkennyjack

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 22:46 - Nov 8 by NotLoyal

It depends what you class as produced though.

I think we would all agree that ...

A. Its job is to produce first team players for Swansea City
B. The player development path should start at the younger ages, not at 16, 18, or 21.
C. Our ability to bring in products from other Academies hard work, like Dan James and McBurnie, has ended until we get promotion back to the Prem
D. Coaches need to produce the players we need, or other coaches need to brought in to takeover.

Sheehan - Another ex swansea city player who hails from llanelli on 12:25 - Nov 9 with 845 viewsjasper_T

Some very good players in the u16s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024