Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter of Discontent 23:21 - Dec 7 with 4046 viewsAndyCole

Is our CEO a malcontent like some of our fans, unhappy with Cooper's progress and modus operandi ?

Or has he seen enough in Cooper and his accomplishments to back him in the winter transfer window ?

Early season murmurings were the former with rumours and bitter forum threads (elsewhere) urging 'Cooper Out'. In the absence of fans at matches, Winter's team will be trawling the various fans' forums to gauge fans' sentiment. Cooper got resounding support on this forum.

We need an out-and-out striker to give us the chance of promotion. We need Ayew, Grimes and Connor to stay. Let's hope Winter is more than content to back Cooper.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Winter of Discontent on 08:34 - Dec 8 with 2897 viewsBadlands

A striker will only be of use if he's given support to play his game not end up on the wing while a winger is played as a centre forward. One who could actually hit the target more than one time in 10 would also be handy.
But more importantly, we need a manager who can get the best from our talented squad, Cooper doesn't.
We are appalling to watch and reliant on the huge talent of our youngsters in defence and Ayew.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Winter of Discontent on 12:58 - Dec 8 with 2855 viewsCatullus

Winter of Discontent on 08:34 - Dec 8 by Badlands

A striker will only be of use if he's given support to play his game not end up on the wing while a winger is played as a centre forward. One who could actually hit the target more than one time in 10 would also be handy.
But more importantly, we need a manager who can get the best from our talented squad, Cooper doesn't.
We are appalling to watch and reliant on the huge talent of our youngsters in defence and Ayew.

We are appalling to watch because we are scared to take risks, scared to shoot enough. If there's a chancey pass forward but a safe pass backwards, it's backwards nearly every time.

A team that doesn't take risks is slowly throttling itself, A team that is scared is a team heading the wrong way.

WE have good enough players, we are a good enough team we just need to grow a pair and take the game to the oppo more often.

We were doing that for a while and it was good to watch but now we have reverted. I want to go back to the team that wasn't scared.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Winter of Discontent on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 2776 viewsAndyCole

We are looking far more like the play-off team's ambition and drive - against an accomplished outfit.

Brewster in this team would give us the best chance. He wants to come back, allegedly.

Latibeaudiere seems another shrewd signing. Clever player.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Winter of Discontent on 22:16 - Dec 8 with 2752 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Winter of Discontent on 08:34 - Dec 8 by Badlands

Is that why we are fourth behind the three teams who were relegated from the Pl last year and who managed to keep nearly all the PL.players.

Cooper is getting the best out of our limited squad and has certainly improved our defending especially at corners.

Last season we averaged 1.5 points per match at home. This season we are averaging 2 points per match at home. Another improvement by cooper and the team
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:40]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Winter of Discontent on 22:30 - Dec 8 with 2741 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 20:47 - Dec 8 by AndyCole

We are looking far more like the play-off team's ambition and drive - against an accomplished outfit.

Brewster in this team would give us the best chance. He wants to come back, allegedly.

Latibeaudiere seems another shrewd signing. Clever player.

Where have you heard that about Brewster!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Winter of Discontent on 08:35 - Dec 9 with 2658 views34dfgdf54

Winter of Discontent on 22:30 - Dec 8 by Chief

Where have you heard that about Brewster!?

He wanted to come back here in the summer instead of going to Sheff Utd on a permanent, he most likely wanted another good season here and break into Liverpool's side similar to what Tammy did at Chelsea after another successful Championship spell.

No chance now though, I think Sheff Utd are probably regretting the outlay they put on him now, but there's zero chance he ends up leaving their on loan, Wilder, and the club itself would be burnt to the ground by the fans, you can't sign a player for over £20m and then loan him out the January after, wouldn't happen.
Winter of Discontent on 08:54 - Dec 9 with 2647 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Winter of Discontent on 08:35 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

He wanted to come back here in the summer instead of going to Sheff Utd on a permanent, he most likely wanted another good season here and break into Liverpool's side similar to what Tammy did at Chelsea after another successful Championship spell.

No chance now though, I think Sheff Utd are probably regretting the outlay they put on him now, but there's zero chance he ends up leaving their on loan, Wilder, and the club itself would be burnt to the ground by the fans, you can't sign a player for over £20m and then loan him out the January after, wouldn't happen.

Exactly. This was so predictable. He’s getting 15 minutes at the end of games and trying to make something out of nothing. I said when the transfer happened that he would be living off scraps in a team that creates very little but I didn’t realise just how paltry those scraps would be.

Maybe he’ll be better off in the Championship next season. He’s not a Wilder type of player though. It’s a marriage made in hell.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 8:55]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Winter of Discontent on 09:02 - Dec 9 with 2635 viewsThornburyswan

Winter of Discontent on 08:54 - Dec 9 by Joe_bradshaw

Exactly. This was so predictable. He’s getting 15 minutes at the end of games and trying to make something out of nothing. I said when the transfer happened that he would be living off scraps in a team that creates very little but I didn’t realise just how paltry those scraps would be.

Maybe he’ll be better off in the Championship next season. He’s not a Wilder type of player though. It’s a marriage made in hell.

Once they come back down a top 2 of Brewster & McBurnie would rip this league up but that assumes they don’t have to be sacrificed for the £££s.
Login to get fewer ads

Winter of Discontent on 09:23 - Dec 9 with 2623 views34dfgdf54

Winter of Discontent on 08:54 - Dec 9 by Joe_bradshaw

From day one it seemed a shocker of a signing for the money being banded around, how managers, recruitment staff at football clubs couldn't see that is beyond me.
Winter of Discontent on 10:14 - Dec 9 with 2602 viewsAndyCole

No doubt will get pelters for asking this, but : FINANCIALS :

- Is there anyone from the Trust who posts here who knows if Winter can support Cooper in the winter transfer window ?

Winter of Discontent on 10:15 - Dec 9 with 2601 views34dfgdf54

Winter of Discontent on 10:14 - Dec 9 by AndyCole

No doubt will get pelters for asking this, but : FINANCIALS :

- Is there anyone from the Trust who posts here who knows if Winter can support Cooper in the winter transfer window ?

I thought they have already confirmed there would be no money to spend?
Winter of Discontent on 16:58 - Dec 9 with 2540 viewsReslovenSwan1

Winter of Discontent on 10:15 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

Why spend money when you can get the like of Bennett, Manning and Latibeaudirere for next to nothing. £2m sounds like nothing for a transfer fee but it is a £40 per week footballer in wages.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Winter of Discontent on 17:11 - Dec 9 with 2531 views34dfgdf54

Winter of Discontent on 16:58 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Why spend money when you can get the like of Bennett, Manning and Latibeaudirere for next to nothing. £2m sounds like nothing for a transfer fee but it is a £40 per week footballer in wages.

I agree!
Winter of Discontent on 07:16 - Dec 10 with 2462 viewsAndyCole

Winter of Discontent on 10:15 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

I may have missed it but not heard anything that categorically rules out investing / loaning wisely in the transfer window. Key thing is:

a) has Cooper earned the right for Winter to support him in the transfer window = YES

b) to what extent - how much is available (after some creative accounting) : can someone from the Trust shed some light on the wiggle room for clever investment

So can we look forward to another loan deal for a Brewster-esque ? If so, who ?
(Kerouac would normally have a list of candidates)

Winter of Discontent on 07:49 - Dec 10 with 2447 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 07:16 - Dec 10 by AndyCole

I may have missed it but not heard anything that categorically rules out investing / loaning wisely in the transfer window. Key thing is:

a) has Cooper earned the right for Winter to support him in the transfer window = YES

b) to what extent - how much is available (after some creative accounting) : can someone from the Trust shed some light on the wiggle room for clever investment

So can we look forward to another loan deal for a Brewster-esque ? If so, who ?
(Kerouac would normally have a list of candidates)

I know our loan quota is full so someone would have to go back to their club before we get someone else in

Winter of Discontent on 10:03 - Dec 10 with 2425 viewsNotLoyal

Winter of Discontent on 16:58 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Down to solid research by Scott, worth so much to a club like ours.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Winter of Discontent on 18:10 - Oct 2 with 2145 viewsAndyCole

It's approaching Autumn, and the wintry westerlies are picking up force from the US. The swell is up in Swansea Bay. The tide is surely turning.

Let's hope Martin has his hand somewhere near the tiller soon, else we may well capsize.

Winter is under High Pressure, for sure. Sweating it out on the side lines as Martin fluffs his slick lines with every passing game.

This time, the spotlight is firmly on Winter, mark my words.

He dismally failed to support Cooper in January - he cost US promotion.

He now seems to have dismally fallen for Martin's slick powerpoint - will he cost US relegation. The omens ain't good.........

In Winter, we cannot possibly Trust ;-(

Winter of Discontent on 19:23 - Oct 2 with 2084 viewsQJumpingJack

I would re-watch the first press conference with Russell Martin when he was appointed.
Winter clearly stated that he put a short list together of candidates and that is was the Americans who appointed Martin so I doubt he will be under that much pressure.
Winter of Discontent on 20:08 - Oct 2 with 2050 viewsAndyCole

Oh dear, some jumping Quickly to erroneous conclusions already. Think, more clearly, objectively is the mantra, for so many.

This time around, it's not just the CEO who is possibly a malcontent.

It's The Winter of our Malcontent. A shambles of a dithering, flaky CEO. Uncomfortably out his depth under shrewd, now unforgiving investors.

Honestly, I've yet to find but 4 or 5 proper, decent, thinking, rational Swansea fans who are capable of thinking and speaking rationally on these forums.

Winter of Discontent on 20:32 - Oct 2 with 2033 viewsTreforys_Jack

Winter of Discontent on 20:08 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Oh dear, some jumping Quickly to erroneous conclusions already. Think, more clearly, objectively is the mantra, for so many.

It's The Winter of our Malcontent. A shambles of a dithering, flaky CEO. Uncomfortably out his depth under shrewd, now unforgiving investors.

Honestly, I've yet to find but 4 or 5 proper, decent, thinking, rational Swansea fans who are capable of thinking and speaking rationally on these forums.

Re - your last paragraph, why do you bother then ?
Winter of Discontent on 20:43 - Oct 2 with 2015 viewsCatullus

Winter of Discontent on 20:08 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Those 4 or 5 would be the little group that's constantly criticisng Martin i suppose?

WUM.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Winter of Discontent on 20:56 - Oct 2 with 2005 viewsReslovenSwan1

Winter has assembled an strong backroom team of:-

Winter, Allen, Scott, Martin and hopefully can keep them on board for some time. This for the first time has no weak links.

a) The long standing recruitment problems are sorted. (Piroe gives evidence of this)

b) The football philosophy is fixed. ( Cooper had no track record and got past the vetting process of Birch, Britton and Curtis - who all resigned)

c) There has been and will be the possibility of fresh US capital.

d) The manager is on good terms with the rest of the team and will where required accept players soley on their judgement. Swansea has always worked like this.

Silverstein is hands on as he said he would be. This can be explained in the fact that he has sold is interests in the Houston Dynamos and notionally has more time. He is also more integrated in the Levien, Kaplan team by investing in DC United.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 20:56]

Winter of Discontent on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 1960 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 20:56 - Oct 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Winter has assembled an strong backroom team of:-

Winter, Allen, Scott, Martin and hopefully can keep them on board for some time. This for the first time has no weak links.

a) The long standing recruitment problems are sorted. (Piroe gives evidence of this)

b) The football philosophy is fixed. ( Cooper had no track record and got past the vetting process of Birch, Britton and Curtis - who all resigned)

c) There has been and will be the possibility of fresh US capital.

d) The manager is on good terms with the rest of the team and will where required accept players soley on their judgement. Swansea has always worked like this.

Silverstein is hands on as he said he would be. This can be explained in the fact that he has sold is interests in the Houston Dynamos and notionally has more time. He is also more integrated in the Levien, Kaplan team by investing in DC United.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 20:56]

So the other day you said you know Silverstein....

Now you're saying he's 'hands on'. Is there any public evidence or information to confirm that hunch then?

How's he got more time for us then if he's just swapped his shares in Houston Dynamos for some in DC United?

Winter of Discontent on 15:19 - Oct 3 with 1839 viewsReslovenSwan1

Winter of Discontent on 22:19 - Oct 2 by Chief

So the other day you said you know Silverstein....

Now you're saying he's 'hands on'. Is there any public evidence or information to confirm that hunch then?

How's he got more time for us then if he's just swapped his shares in Houston Dynamos for some in DC United?

All in here. I said 'notionally' he has more time on his hands after the sale of Houston Dynamos. I have not read anywhere he was hands on at DC Untied.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-levien-jake-sil

Winter of Discontent on 15:36 - Oct 3 with 1824 viewsChief

Winter of Discontent on 15:19 - Oct 3 by ReslovenSwan1

All in here. I said 'notionally' he has more time on his hands after the sale of Houston Dynamos. I have not read anywhere he was hands on at DC Untied.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-levien-jake-sil

But you said he'd invested in DC United?

But haven't read it anywhere?

The layperson would say you're either making things up or you have inside knowledge of Silverstein's business ventures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024