Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS 16:49 - Jan 3 with 14570 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday January 9th
Lamex Stadium
Stevenage
Kick off 3pm

Date: Saturday, 9 January Venue: Lamex Stadium Kick-off: 15:00 GMT Coverage: Watch live on the BBC Sport website/BBC iPlayer; BET365 media. Listen on BBC Radio Wales; BBC Radio Cymru & text commentary on the BBC Sport website. Also on ESPN+USA and Watch ESPN Australia. Saturday's Third Round 3pm kick-off will be broadcasted in full across BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport Website/App. Live video updates will also be shown on BBC Final Score throughout the afternoon

LIVE ON ESPN+ USA

LIVE ON WATCH ESPN Australia

Match Officials
Referee Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referees Nigel Lugg & David Hunt
Fourth Official Charles Breakspear

Here's Mike, a mayonnaising referee

Michael Salisbury will be the man in the middle when Swansea City take on Stevenage in the third round of the FA Cup this weekend. This will be the Lancashire official’s second Swans match, having previously taken charge of the Carabao Cup clash against Cambridge United last season. Michael is an avid collector of empty salad cream bottles from 1974-1976. He has refereed in the Football League since the 2016-17 season, while his father Graham is also an EFL official. He will be assisted by Nigel Lugg and David Hunt, while Charles Breakspear will be the fourth official.

Stevenage hasn't been built yet but as soon as it is we will offer you an insightful look at its location, people and fruit shops.

Stevenage yesterday

The story of the FA Cup and Stevenage v Swansea City

The clubs have met before In the FA Cup, Swansea won 2-1, they had a defender at the club at the time called Nathan Bunce who someone I know arrested once for being horrible and fighting. He’s probably lopping the tops of trees now instead of peoples heads. It wasn’t a pretty game to watch, all those years back. Rog was in goal, Martinez on the bench, they had a few booked because they couldn’t deal with our play. Thats about it really. There are two other games which we will talk about later. They’ve bored me already.

Actually if you are a supporter of Stevenage, welcome to you both. Our Matchday threads are a little bit, I’m unsure how to describe them, let’s say a bit of a grin. No malice is intended, unless of course you support Stevenage. We would of course now like to congratulate you on the building of your town, it didn’t take long did it ? Obviously used quick drying cement from Lafarge Aggregates, a wonderful company who do a great price on hardcore landscaping.

So what do we know about Stevensvillage
Well, here’s some hard facts on this club from Hertfordshire, near that London.

Stevenage Football Club Ltd
Stevenage Football Club, The Lamex Stadium, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 8RH
Registered Company Number: 2901467
VAT Registration Number: 396 873 483

That’s one hell of a trophy cabinet you have there lads and lasses, that VAT number slams our close friends and neighbours ‘Caaaaaaaardfiff’ in to the ground, just spend, spend, spend, we did up until 2002 then it only cost us 5p in the pound. They don’t like that at all, apparently we should have all been shot at Dawn, or Ruth, depending on the state of her granites.

We also notice you are looking for a sports turf and grounds operative In your vacancy section, we’ve narrowed that down to someone to cut the grass and fling a bit of weedol around on a Sunday morning. Got to be honest though folks, don’t ask our lot at The Liberty. It will turn to dust in minutes. Hey, all good fun. Maybe ...

He looks like a young inoffensive chap, mowing your lawn

We’ve got a new pitch to play on, so if you don’t beat us we can have a go on it in a replay. Is there a replay, god knows ? I haven’t looked to be honest. You see this fixture isn’t grabbing our ball sacks if the truth be known. It’s not as if you are going to win the cup, we nearly did a few years ago but got diddled by the ref, had they let us use our VAR Man City would have been done good and proper. Have you got VAR ? Well, we know the answer it’s no, because you are a smaller club than Cardiff and their u23’s, but don’t worry there’s time for you yet.

We will do a bit of facts and figures a bit later, until then regards to you both, Keep smiling, at least the Covid thingy means you are all safe at home fiddling with Stevens Village.

Stevenage club crest.

Wasnt that a pathetic entry to the thread, you know the Luton Town thingy,

Here's some news.
Clubs may automatically have to forfeit a game if they are hit by coronavirus, with each case to be assessed by the FA on its individual circumstances.

Substitutions
Clubs can name a maximum of nine substitutes for their ties, with teams permitted a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the match. However, if a player suffers a concussion (or potential concussion), clubs shall be permitted to use an additional two substitutions.

Replays

There will be no replays in this season's competition. The FA introduced the measure "to assist in easing pressure on the football schedule and to ensure that domestic competitions can still be delivered". That means if the scores are level after 90 minutes, a period of 30 minutes extra time will be played. If the sides still cannot be separated, the outcome will be determined by a penalty shoot-out.

VAR

Video Assistant Referees (VAR) will only be used in nine of the 32 third round ties. They are the ones taking place at Premier League stadiums.

TV and live streaming

Fans in the UK will be able to watch all 32 ties, either on BBC and BT Sport and their digital channels or through The FA Player. Eight fixtures will be live across the BBC's platforms, 16 across BT Sport's digital channels and the remaining eight fixtures broadcast free to supporters on the FA Player.

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21
Payments made from The FA's prize fund
Extra preliminary round (184) £1,125 Losers receive £375
Preliminary round (160) £1,444 Losers receive £481
First round qualifying (116) £2,250 Losers receive £750
Second Round Qualifying (80) £3,375 Losers receive £1,125
Third Round Qualifying (40) £5,625 Losers receive £1,875
Fourth Round Qualifying (32) £9,375 Losers receive £3,125
First Round Proper (40) £16,972 Losers receive £5,657
Second Round Proper (20) £25,500 Losers receive £8500
Third Round Proper winners (32) £61,500 Losers receive £20,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £360,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

Matchday programme download or read.

https://issuu.com/hashtagdigitalmedia/docs/sfc_v_swansea_09-01-21

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Cameron Evans; Jordon Garrick, George Byers, Jay Fulton, Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Wayne Routledge (captain), Viktor Gyokeres.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Marc Guehi, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes, Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen, Jake Bidwell, Oli Cooper, Dan Williams.

More Later.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:42 - Jan 9 with 1243 viewsJohnw102

We have been under the hammer last 20 mins. Where is Garrick? Gyro looks out of his depth even against these.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:48 - Jan 9 with 1208 viewsNotLoyal

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:42 - Jan 9 by Johnw102

We have been under the hammer last 20 mins. Where is Garrick? Gyro looks out of his depth even against these.

Reminds me of a Torpey.
This guy Wildin is causing us a lot of problems. Routledge and Viktor need to get a lot tighter on their back four they are spraying passes about with no pressure.

Full name Luther Ash James-Wildin
Date of birth 3 December 1997 (age 23)
Place of birth Leicester, England[
Playing position(s) Right-back
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 15:51]

OK I've changed it.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:51 - Jan 9 with 1179 viewsHighjack

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:48 - Jan 9 by NotLoyal

Reminds me of a Torpey.
This guy Wildin is causing us a lot of problems. Routledge and Viktor need to get a lot tighter on their back four they are spraying passes about with no pressure.

Full name Luther Ash James-Wildin
Date of birth 3 December 1997 (age 23)
Place of birth Leicester, England[
Playing position(s) Right-back
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 15:51]

I know it’s been a good few years since we’ve been at that level but they do play a lot more football now. You’d very rarely get a league two team trying to play it out back then.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:51 - Jan 9 with 1174 viewsAnotherJohn

Seem likely to grind out a result, but with very little quality on display in midfield or attack. VG looks toothless even against L2 relegation candidates.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:51 - Jan 9 with 1172 viewstrampie

H-T Swans 1-0 up, 36 year old Wayne Routledge MOTM so far.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:52 - Jan 9 with 1163 viewsSheffieldjack

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:42 - Jan 9 by Johnw102

We need to play balls to Garrick to run onto behind their full-back, but he's had very little service so far. On one occasion he showed that he has pace to burn if the right ball is played.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:54 - Jan 9 with 1148 viewsFireboy2

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:41 - Jan 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Our defence is totally disorganised and bordering on panic.

I'd say it's our midfield that is unorganised, if the defence was were would be losing.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:55 - Jan 9 with 1137 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nice brave save from our usless cowardly GK.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:57 - Jan 9 with 1115 viewsHighjack

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:51 - Jan 9 by AnotherJohn

Seem likely to grind out a result, but with very little quality on display in midfield or attack. VG looks toothless even against L2 relegation candidates.

Typical fa cup away game. Get in, get the win, get out, don’t look back. We used to put higher league teams under pressure when we were down there. And we were awful.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:58 - Jan 9 with 1101 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:54 - Jan 9 by Fireboy2

I'd say it's our midfield that is unorganised, if the defence was were would be losing.

I call just kicking the ball anywhere against a League 2 side disorganised.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 1086 viewsBadlands

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:54 - Jan 9 by Fireboy2

I'd say our midfield isn't interested.
Hard for the defence to provide any quality with nothing in front of them and not hope of our attack getting going with no support from behind.
After going a goal p we should have just passed them off the park until they ran out of steam but with so many changes there's no cohesion.
1 - 0 no injuries and move on will be good enough score wise but the performance is very poor.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:05 - Jan 9 with 1054 viewsCatullus

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:01 - Jan 9 by Badlands

I'd say our midfield isn't interested.
Hard for the defence to provide any quality with nothing in front of them and not hope of our attack getting going with no support from behind.
After going a goal p we should have just passed them off the park until they ran out of steam but with so many changes there's no cohesion.
1 - 0 no injuries and move on will be good enough score wise but the performance is very poor.

I think Fulton is interested, Byers, unless it's just my default position, is kicking the ball anywhere.
Gyokeres, not much good, Routledge trying hard and went in where it can hurt to score the goal.
Like HJ said, a typical cup match. Get in, win, get out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:08 - Jan 9 with 1043 viewsNotLoyal

I genuinely didn't think we could start the second half worse, but somehow we have.

OK I've changed it.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:08 - Jan 9 with 1035 viewsCatullus

Carter is a cheating, diving twunt!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:09 - Jan 9 with 1030 viewsThornburyswan

Smith on for Fulton & we go 2 up!
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:10 - Jan 9 with 1025 viewsNotLoyal

That Gyorkeres is some player mind.

OK I've changed it.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:12 - Jan 9 with 1012 viewsThornburyswan

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:10 - Jan 9 by NotLoyal

That Gyorkeres is some player mind.

Solid header from decent Garrick cross.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:12 - Jan 9 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Pleased for him. But what a run and cross.Hope Garrick stays with us as there is real potential there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:13 - Jan 9 with 1001 viewsSheffieldjack

That's much better. Keep possession; wear them out; play the ball to Garrick when he's one on one with their full-back.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:13 - Jan 9 with 997 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:52 - Jan 9 by Sheffieldjack

We need to play balls to Garrick to run onto behind their full-back, but he's had very little service so far. On one occasion he showed that he has pace to burn if the right ball is played.

Absolutely spot on.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:13 - Jan 9 with 996 viewstrampie

Just sat back in front of the box and it's 0-2 Swans, what have I missed ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:16 - Jan 9 with 971 viewsonehunglow

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 15:55 - Jan 9 by Treforys_Jack

Nice brave save from our usless cowardly GK.

It was Tref. Fred might have read my drivel

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:18 - Jan 9 with 954 viewsTreforys_Jack

I know I've prob jinxed him but Manning is looking really good.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 16:33]
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:19 - Jan 9 with 935 viewsonehunglow

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:18 - Jan 9 by Treforys_Jack

I know I've prob jinxed him but Manning is looking really good.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 16:33]

He is . I’m pleased VG scored a goal but he s really not Championship standard for me.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 16:21 - Jan 9 with 922 viewsCatullus

Have I got cataracts or is the fog getting much worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024