Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face masks 10:37 - Jan 13 with 3802 viewsWhiterockin

Should people who are exempt from wearing face masks on medical grounds be made to shield, for their own safety and the safety of others. IMO opinion it makes no sense for people to be allowed into confined spaces without a face mask. It certainly would simplify matters, no face mask no entry 100%.
Face masks on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1899 viewsDr_Winston

Does a suitable support network exist to maintain the existence of people shut up at home? Notwithstanding the moral implications of basically putting people under house arrest just for having health problems.

Ultimately, if everyone else is masked up and taking proper precautions then what are the risks?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Face masks on 10:46 - Jan 13 with 1908 viewsWhiterockin

Face masks on 10:43 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

Does a suitable support network exist to maintain the existence of people shut up at home? Notwithstanding the moral implications of basically putting people under house arrest just for having health problems.

Ultimately, if everyone else is masked up and taking proper precautions then what are the risks?

Fair enough but many are not masking up and using medical grounds as an unwarranted excuse.
Face masks on 10:48 - Jan 13 with 1903 viewscontroversial_jack

If ppl are too too ill to wear masks, they shouldn't be mixing with others, however we don't have the support structure or the infrastructure to deliver food etc to those who need it.It wasn't always possible to get a slot for delivery during the last lockdown, so i'm assuming it's the same now
Face masks on 10:50 - Jan 13 with 1880 viewsDr_Winston

Face masks on 10:46 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

Fair enough but many are not masking up and using medical grounds as an unwarranted excuse.

Can't say I've ever seen that many not masked up anywhere I've gone shopping since they became mandatory. Tiny percentage.

Masks can only do so much anyway. If people aren't properly sanitising their hands before handling things in a supermarket that others may then follow straight afterwards, or touching their faces before cleaning their hands again, then masks are pretty pointless.

In fact, you could probably make a pretty good case for mask wearing lulling people into a false sense of security. If it was investigated, I'd happily wager that there was a far greater number of people incorrectly wiping down trolley handles and such than going into Tesco unmasked.

Maybe the focus is on the wrong thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Face masks on 10:53 - Jan 13 with 1892 viewsWhiterockin

Face masks on 10:50 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

Can't say I've ever seen that many not masked up anywhere I've gone shopping since they became mandatory. Tiny percentage.

Masks can only do so much anyway. If people aren't properly sanitising their hands before handling things in a supermarket that others may then follow straight afterwards, or touching their faces before cleaning their hands again, then masks are pretty pointless.

In fact, you could probably make a pretty good case for mask wearing lulling people into a false sense of security. If it was investigated, I'd happily wager that there was a far greater number of people incorrectly wiping down trolley handles and such than going into Tesco unmasked.

Maybe the focus is on the wrong thing.

After the first lock down all shops had somebody on the door to make sure of sanitation, not the case now.
Face masks on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 1857 viewsDr_Winston

Face masks on 10:53 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

After the first lock down all shops had somebody on the door to make sure of sanitation, not the case now.

To me that's a far bigger issue. Policing of the fomites matters more.

And I'd like to thank Steven Soderbergh for teaching me what fomites are.

Face masks on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 1863 viewscontroversial_jack

Supermarket staff are told by head office not to confront customers over non mask wearing, and i had that direct from the council covid enforcement.That's where the blame lies, with head offices.
Face masks on 11:30 - Jan 13 with 1852 viewsScotia

Face masks on 10:53 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

Standards have definitely dropped, I haven't had to queue to get in to a supermarket since the spring. The sanitiser stations are often empty now too.

It's not good enough really.

I don't see why anyone who is exempt from wearing a mask can't wear a face shield. There is an argument to say that if you can't wear either perhaps you need to get someone else to shop for you.
Login to get fewer ads

Face masks on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 1839 viewsProfessor

Face masks on 11:30 - Jan 13 by Scotia

Standards have definitely dropped, I haven't had to queue to get in to a supermarket since the spring. The sanitiser stations are often empty now too.

It's not good enough really.

I don't see why anyone who is exempt from wearing a mask can't wear a face shield. There is an argument to say that if you can't wear either perhaps you need to get someone else to shop for you.

All true-but fomite transmission is nowhere near as important as direct contact. I suspect the real number of people who cannot wear a mask for medical or disability grounds is very low (well under 5%). My son would be exempt but wears one. A possibility is a badge or lanyard (like the autism sunflower) which has worked well for us in airports (fast track for security and boarding for example.
Face masks on 11:57 - Jan 13 with 1822 viewsexhmrc1

There are some people who cannot wear masks. Deaf people who communicate through lip reading. My sister was telling me the other night that she had gone to the hospital and met a woman whilst there who wasnt wearing a mask. The woman had lung cancer and couldnt breath. It isnt that simple. When I go to shops I rarely see people without masks. The odd one maybe.

The figures have gone up since people starting wearing masks which suggests the wearing of masks leads to people ignoring social distancing which is the absolute key. It was the reason WG didnt introduce them in the first place. Whitty and Vallance were never convinced on them along with Atherton. They were brought in against their advice by Johnson to justify moving away from the 2 metre rule.

Interestingly for the period shops were open and really full the virus has become less prevalent in Wales. What does that tell you.
Face masks on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 1808 viewsCatullus

Maybe supermarkets and GP's could coordinate and give slots for people who can't wear masks. No referral from your GP, no entry?

We had slots for the elderly, for key workers, why not for non mask wearers?

Then again, some people don't wear masks because of facial hair. I've seen a shelf stacker in Tesco Neath Abbey with a full beard and no mask. Shouldn't he be taken off a customer facing role, put out in the warehouse to work, for his own safety as well as others?

All it needs is some thought and a willingness to do something for the greater good, possibly?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Face masks on 13:49 - Jan 13 with 1781 viewsonehunglow

Face masks on 12:10 - Jan 13 by Catullus

Maybe supermarkets and GP's could coordinate and give slots for people who can't wear masks. No referral from your GP, no entry?

We had slots for the elderly, for key workers, why not for non mask wearers?

Then again, some people don't wear masks because of facial hair. I've seen a shelf stacker in Tesco Neath Abbey with a full beard and no mask. Shouldn't he be taken off a customer facing role, put out in the warehouse to work, for his own safety as well as others?

All it needs is some thought and a willingness to do something for the greater good, possibly?

Being exempt should be no reason to enter a store.Chances of covid transmision much higher than somebody starving to death.

People are taking the puss and we need to do what we should have done 9 month ago and hammer them ;isolate them and make them feel the scum they are for spreading this curse with no thought for front line workers/the old/supermarket staff.

We have messed around for too long and Boris's legacy will be one of a weak PM afraid to make unpopular decisions.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Face masks on 15:45 - Jan 13 with 1738 viewsHighjack

Face masks on 13:49 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

Being exempt should be no reason to enter a store.Chances of covid transmision much higher than somebody starving to death.

People are taking the puss and we need to do what we should have done 9 month ago and hammer them ;isolate them and make them feel the scum they are for spreading this curse with no thought for front line workers/the old/supermarket staff.

We have messed around for too long and Boris's legacy will be one of a weak PM afraid to make unpopular decisions.

Supermarkets should be made to severely limit the amount of people allowed in. Then people should be told on entry just grab what you need quickly and get out. Anyone found lingering or browsing too long should be strapped up by their ankles and thoroughly flogged. I made the mistake of popping into a supermarket for a few bits and pieces a few weeks ago. It was carnage in there. Must have been at least 500 people. Nobody distancing, whole extended families stopping to chat with people they knew. I just walked straight out of there and went to the local shop for local people instead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Face masks on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 1733 viewsonehunglow

Face masks on 15:45 - Jan 13 by Highjack

Supermarkets should be made to severely limit the amount of people allowed in. Then people should be told on entry just grab what you need quickly and get out. Anyone found lingering or browsing too long should be strapped up by their ankles and thoroughly flogged. I made the mistake of popping into a supermarket for a few bits and pieces a few weeks ago. It was carnage in there. Must have been at least 500 people. Nobody distancing, whole extended families stopping to chat with people they knew. I just walked straight out of there and went to the local shop for local people instead.

You did well.
Worst experience for us was going to Asda in Wallasey-purely for turkey crown which was rated highly.
It truly upset me to see so many utterly not a feck giving .

Make no mistake high.Thousands have died because of this attitude.

We are only now,9 months later,waking up to this horror show.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Face masks on 16:41 - Jan 13 with 1718 viewsHighjack

Face masks on 16:12 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

You did well.
Worst experience for us was going to Asda in Wallasey-purely for turkey crown which was rated highly.
It truly upset me to see so many utterly not a feck giving .

Make no mistake high.Thousands have died because of this attitude.

We are only now,9 months later,waking up to this horror show.

It’s the behaviour of people in supermarkets that is keeping this virus well fed. It’s the only thing open so people are taking their family to the supermarket for a day out. There was a poor girl on the reduced to clear bit reducing stuff and she must have had thirty people all swarming round her, pawing at her and trying to get at the cheap stuff. It was like dawn of the dead. They had put up plastic sheeting over the “non essential” goods but people were just ripping it apart to get at what was beneath. That was just what I saw in ten minutes of being in there. God knows what they’ve had to put up with for the last year or so of this.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Face masks on 16:55 - Jan 13 with 1710 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Face masks on 13:49 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

You can add Drakeford's name even weaker and a bigger ditherer.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Face masks on 16:56 - Jan 13 with 1714 viewsKeithHaynes

Face masks on 15:45 - Jan 13 by Highjack

So there’s no regulated amount of people entering shops ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Face masks on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 1704 viewsHighjack

Face masks on 16:56 - Jan 13 by KeithHaynes

So there’s no regulated amount of people entering shops ?

I’ve no idea but there didn’t seem to be. It was a free for all in there.

Face masks on 17:30 - Jan 13 with 1696 viewsSPboy

Face masks on 16:41 - Jan 13 by Highjack

It’s the behaviour of people in supermarkets that is keeping this virus well fed. It’s the only thing open so people are taking their family to the supermarket for a day out. There was a poor girl on the reduced to clear bit reducing stuff and she must have had thirty people all swarming round her, pawing at her and trying to get at the cheap stuff. It was like dawn of the dead. They had put up plastic sheeting over the “non essential” goods but people were just ripping it apart to get at what was beneath. That was just what I saw in ten minutes of being in there. God knows what they’ve had to put up with for the last year or so of this.

It’s not just the supermarkets though is it ? What about the weekly student parties on Glanmor Road & the Uplands- Brynmill areas .. police have been there every weekend for the last month or more with reports in WOL seemingly failing to deter
Face masks on 17:52 - Jan 13 with 1686 viewsKeithHaynes

Face masks on 17:12 - Jan 13 by Highjack

I’ve no idea but there didn’t seem to be. It was a free for all in there.

Sorry mate, my question is in supermarkets and shops ( regardless of size ) now is there a restricted amount of people allowed in ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Face masks on 17:54 - Jan 13 with 1667 viewsNeath_Jack

Stop people shopping in couples.

Stop people shopping wearing gloves.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Face masks on 18:03 - Jan 13 with 1672 viewsHighjack

Face masks on 17:52 - Jan 13 by KeithHaynes

Sorry mate, my question is in supermarkets and shops ( regardless of size ) now is there a restricted amount of people allowed in ?

There must be some sort of limit I assume but either they aren’t sticking to it or the limit should be set an awful lot lower. They probably want as many people in as possible to boost profits.

Face masks on 18:35 - Jan 13 with 1670 viewscontroversial_jack

No!
Face masks on 18:41 - Jan 13 with 1660 viewsraynor94

Yes, Sainsbury and Morrison in Swansea both have security on the door with clickers, counting the ins and outs

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Face masks on 19:12 - Jan 13 with 1654 viewsexhmrc1

Face masks on 17:30 - Jan 13 by SPboy

It’s not just the supermarkets though is it ? What about the weekly student parties on Glanmor Road & the Uplands- Brynmill areas .. police have been there every weekend for the last month or more with reports in WOL seemingly failing to deter

As far as student parties they are not majorly impacting on the figures. Brynmill has had 27 new cases in the last 7 days and Uplands 35. They are down from 67 and 85 on 22 Dec.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 19:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024