Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Views on this? 11:07 - Jan 26 with 1532 views1983

Very sad reading on here when another Swansea Jack as been taken away from their family & friends and the love of their club for whatever reason especially more so in tragic circumstances or the younger generation.

So I was just wondering could we not have supporters day on a mid season game where we remember OUR own. Minutes applause, photos of fans who are no longer with us on the screens half time...etc? Is there anybody on here that can push this? I'm sure it would mean a lot to some families & friends
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 11:07]

Views on this? on 11:15 - Jan 26 with 1506 viewsCatullus

Good idea. We all say STID when maybe we should make it Swansea forever?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Views on this? on 11:30 - Jan 26 with 1486 viewsThornburyswan

Gets my vote, great idea.
Views on this? on 11:39 - Jan 26 with 1464 viewsWhiterockin

First game we are allowed back in should be TWO minutes silence.
Views on this? on 13:02 - Jan 26 with 1399 viewsKeithHaynes

The club will do this I’m sure, when they do it is a matter of when we get back to watching football at the Liberty, which for me is an unanswerable question. Good work op.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Views on this? on 13:48 - Jan 26 with 1339 viewsLohengrin

Views on this? on 13:02 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

The club will do this I’m sure, when they do it is a matter of when we get back to watching football at the Liberty, which for me is an unanswerable question. Good work op.

Agree on the OP.

When will we get back to watching football live? Honestly, can you see it this season at all, Keith?

We were talking in work last night about the FA Cup and wouldn’t it just be absolutely typical if this was the year we actually reached the final and none of us could go!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Views on this? on 14:27 - Jan 26 with 1298 viewsHighjack

Views on this? on 11:15 - Jan 26 by Catullus

Yes I don’t want to limit it up to when I snuff it. I could be an angry poltergeist throwing hot dogs at incompetent refs for all eternity.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Views on this? on 15:02 - Jan 26 with 1259 views1983

Views on this? on 13:02 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Keith you are in the know with certain people could this be pushed through by the trust?

Views on this? on 16:34 - Jan 26 with 1192 viewsNotLoyal

Views on this? on 15:02 - Jan 26 by 1983

Keith you are in the know with certain people could this be pushed through by the trust?

Great idea, I'm sure they will 👍

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Views on this? on 17:36 - Jan 26 with 1141 viewsGixerJack

Got my vote, great idea
Views on this? on 19:37 - Jan 26 with 1075 viewsTenbySwan

Views on this? on 11:39 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

Absolutely. At the very least.
Views on this? on 19:54 - Jan 26 with 1055 viewsFireboy2

Views on this? on 11:39 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

Or a two minutes applause.
Views on this? on 23:40 - Jan 26 with 956 viewsKilkennyjack

Great idea.

Well played OP.

Beware of the Risen People

Views on this? on 13:41 - Jan 27 with 869 viewsKeithHaynes

Views on this? on 15:02 - Jan 26 by 1983

I can speak to a contact or two at the club as we look like a potential return for sure 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Views on this? on 14:10 - Jan 27 with 855 viewsjacabertawe

Whilst of course looking forward to our return to matches, I am dreading seeing empty seats of those nice people around us who have held them, along with us, since the Liberty opened. In fact, fingers crossed that we will be there.
Sorry if this is too much of a downer.
But, back to the OP and a good post.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Views on this? on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 832 views1983

Views on this? on 14:10 - Jan 27 by jacabertawe

Whilst of course looking forward to our return to matches, I am dreading seeing empty seats of those nice people around us who have held them, along with us, since the Liberty opened. In fact, fingers crossed that we will be there.
Sorry if this is too much of a downer.
But, back to the OP and a good post.

Totally agree about the empty seats thing wouldn't like to see this done until we are back to "normal" it's never been done before so no hurry and plenty of time to get it just right. Also I would like to see it as an applause thing not a silence, I think we should clap,sing,chant whatever you want to do just like you would have done with your loved ones and friends.
Personally I can't think of nothing more fitting than singing to myself YJB's when I would see photos of my old mates on a big screen knowing that they would be laughing wherever they are.

Views on this? on 21:45 - Jan 27 with 754 viewsJackUlation

Views on this? on 11:15 - Jan 26 by Catullus

Good Idea, because STID implies after demise you no longer suppoort.,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024