Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player 12:18 - Feb 17 with 3716 viewsswan85

Anyone else see this? It’s on the bbc, the still photo shows it. But looking at it in normal time doesn’t look so bad.

Not sure what the player said and it is probably the correct thing to say that in his position he shouldn’t have done it. But players may think twice about gobbing off at him. Then again, I’d like to see refs sending off for dissent more than they do.

I hope nothing is done about it and he is allowed to get on with refereeing.
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:26 - Feb 17 with 3072 viewsBoundy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/02/17/referees-fight-back-darren-drysd

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:30 - Feb 17 with 3066 viewsswancity

Storm in a tea cup

Remind him he can’t be doing these things and move on.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:46 - Feb 17 with 3042 viewsswan85

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:26 - Feb 17 by Boundy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/02/17/referees-fight-back-darren-drysd

Thanks for link. I agree bit of a storm, but players have too much to say these days.
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:49 - Feb 17 with 3038 viewsmax936

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:26 - Feb 17 by Boundy

Won't let me read the full article, box comes up saying to register and start a trial. Ain't doing that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:22 - Feb 17 with 2998 viewsCatullus

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 12:49 - Feb 17 by max936

Won't let me read the full article, box comes up saying to register and start a trial. Ain't doing that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55373546

Refs should definitely send more players off for verbal abuse. If they did maybe we wouldn't see such things. Refs have made a rod for their own backs and the authorities don't help by not insisting on the rules being enforced because of player power. I mean, send off an Ipswich payer and probably not much said but send off someone like DeBruyne or someone just as high profile, Pogba, Salah and there's probably ructions. It's not as bad as when Fergie was at the red mancs though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:46 - Feb 17 with 2971 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:57 - Feb 17 with 2951 viewsKeithHaynes

Absolute nonsense, he did nothing of the sort.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:06 - Feb 17 with 2938 viewsCatullus

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:57 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

It didn't look like a butt, there was no contact. In real time it looks more like he just looked down at him.

The media making a meal of it?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:08 - Feb 17 with 2938 viewsswan85

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:57 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

I agree, the still picture makes it look bad. Seeing the actual clip nothing to see.
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:45 - Feb 17 with 2905 viewsHighjack

Am I the only one who would like to see more of this?

Member Collina?

I Member.

He didn't take any crap off anybody and was hugely respected as a result.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:51 - Feb 17 with 2901 viewsNotLoyal

The referee was clearly being hounded by the little peasant footballer, nobody knows what was said. The ref turned and due to his height towered over him. If players were booked for approaching the officials every time they did it that would change behaviour. Rugby regulations should be applied. The player is a knob.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:57 - Feb 17 with 2885 viewsHighjack

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:51 - Feb 17 by NotLoyal

The referee was clearly being hounded by the little peasant footballer, nobody knows what was said. The ref turned and due to his height towered over him. If players were booked for approaching the officials every time they did it that would change behaviour. Rugby regulations should be applied. The player is a knob.

That Judge fella was linked with us for several transfer windows. Pinocchio was a fan.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 16:17 - Feb 17 with 2820 viewsmax936

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:46 - Feb 17 by theloneranger

What a load of garbage, precious bloody players ref did naff all wrong there, ridiculous.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 16:42 - Feb 17 with 2804 viewsswancity

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 14:51 - Feb 17 by NotLoyal

Couldn’t really blaming him for sticking his head in to the little coont

About time the players started respecting the refs properly as they do in rugby. That’s a good point, there’s much to be learned from our rugby friends on this.

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:02 - Feb 17 with 2794 viewsraynor94

If a player did that it's a red card, why should the ref be different, 3 game ban please

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:05 - Feb 17 with 2790 viewsKeithHaynes

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:02 - Feb 17 by raynor94

If a player did that it's a red card, why should the ref be different, 3 game ban please

Just standing over him for me, no offence.

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:10 - Feb 17 with 2783 viewsKeithHaynes

More of this
🤔

Edit, no offence towards any person is meant in this post.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 2755 viewsKeithHaynes

Now charged with an offence by the FA.

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 2739 viewsBillyChong

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 13:22 - Feb 17 by Catullus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55373546

Refs should definitely send more players off for verbal abuse. If they did maybe we wouldn't see such things. Refs have made a rod for their own backs and the authorities don't help by not insisting on the rules being enforced because of player power. I mean, send off an Ipswich payer and probably not much said but send off someone like DeBruyne or someone just as high profile, Pogba, Salah and there's probably ructions. It's not as bad as when Fergie was at the red mancs though.

Rooney wouldn’t have lasted a half in every game he ever played
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 2739 viewsNotLoyal

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:44 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

Now charged with an offence by the FA.

Seriously ? That's pathetic.

OK I've changed it.

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 18:03 - Feb 17 with 2729 viewsswan85

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:58 - Feb 17 by NotLoyal

Seriously ? That's pathetic.

Absolutely, FA charge for this is pathetic.
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 18:21 - Feb 17 with 2710 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Not much social distancing by the players was there? I thought players were not allowed to surround the referee.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 18:27 - Feb 17 with 2703 viewsNotLoyal

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 18:21 - Feb 17 by felixstowe_jack

Not much social distancing by the players was there? I thought players were not allowed to surround the referee.

It's pathetic mate, seriously poor.

OK I've changed it.

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 18:55 - Feb 17 with 2679 viewsQuincy999

I agree the picture makes it look bad but in real time it was absolutely nothing.
Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 19:06 - Feb 17 with 2665 viewsswancity

Ref Darren Drysdale - squares up to Ipswich player on 17:02 - Feb 17 by raynor94

What did the ref do apart from stand over him albeit closely he didn’t touch him . You’d send a player off for that ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024