Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent drill? 22:05 - Feb 27 with 754 viewsJack123

I need a drill pretty soon, preferably cordless any decent recommendations? Thanks.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 22:07]

libera nos a malo

Decent drill? on 22:59 - Feb 27 with 728 viewsmajorraglan

What do you want the drill to do? If it’s just putting screws in and drilling into softer material a drill driver will do; if you are going to be drilling in to stuff like concrete and heavy denser material you are going to need something with a hammer action. The latter usually need a chuck to secure the drill in place and they are much more expensive.

I looked at Which to see what their Best Buys are, but they don’t currently test drills. I have a Bosch mains drill with hammer action and a cordless drill driver (JCB from B&Q) which is tidy enough for my needs, it has 2 x batteries and a hammer action. If you already have cordless tools, I’d look to go with the same range as you may be able to interchange the batteries which means you won’t have to wait for the battery to recharge, failing that get one that comes with 2 or more batteries or from a company who sell additional batteries because they can run down quickly.
Decent drill? on 23:17 - Feb 27 with 720 viewsJack123

Decent drill? on 22:59 - Feb 27 by majorraglan

What do you want the drill to do? If it’s just putting screws in and drilling into softer material a drill driver will do; if you are going to be drilling in to stuff like concrete and heavy denser material you are going to need something with a hammer action. The latter usually need a chuck to secure the drill in place and they are much more expensive.

I looked at Which to see what their Best Buys are, but they don’t currently test drills. I have a Bosch mains drill with hammer action and a cordless drill driver (JCB from B&Q) which is tidy enough for my needs, it has 2 x batteries and a hammer action. If you already have cordless tools, I’d look to go with the same range as you may be able to interchange the batteries which means you won’t have to wait for the battery to recharge, failing that get one that comes with 2 or more batteries or from a company who sell additional batteries because they can run down quickly.

Thanks, yes I would think just for drilling wood and light materials, I have been looking on Amazon for the last few days, but sometimes the reviews makes no sense.

libera nos a malo

Decent drill? on 23:43 - Feb 27 with 701 viewsmajorraglan

Decent drill? on 23:17 - Feb 27 by Jack123

Thanks, yes I would think just for drilling wood and light materials, I have been looking on Amazon for the last few days, but sometimes the reviews makes no sense.

Do a google search best cordless search and it will throw up a number of reviews, have a look, make a list and see which ones come up more than once and match your price range. That’s what I usually do.
Decent drill? on 00:00 - Feb 28 with 699 viewstheloneranger

I've always found Bosch cordless drills to be excellent.

There's 2 colours ...

Green for DIYers

Blue for professionals

Bosch Green batteries have lower amperage, so don't last long on big jobs, hence Bosch Blue have higher.amperage batteries.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Decent drill? on 09:49 - Feb 28 with 643 viewsWhiterockin

I bought this 18 months ago and use it often. Works well. From screwfix

DeWalt
DEWALT DCD778D2T-SFGB 18V 2.0AH LI-ION XR BRUSHLESS CORDLESS COMBI DRILL
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:51]
Decent drill? on 10:34 - Feb 28 with 622 viewsbuilthjack

Makita or Dewalt. With average home use you will get 10 + years out of them.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 10:35]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Decent drill? on 11:38 - Feb 28 with 601 viewsmax936

18volt Milwaukee I've got and its superb, I'd be looking on the Screwfix site, they always have deals on.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decent drill? on 11:39 - Feb 28 with 601 viewspikeypaul

It’s a shame that Warwick(bedsit boy) has gone he would have bored anything for you.

OUT

AFLI🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 11:39]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Decent drill? on 15:24 - Feb 28 with 541 viewsLohengrin

Very decent drill...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Decent drill? on 15:34 - Feb 28 with 532 viewsJack123

Thanks for the replies. Gives me a bit to think about, and hadn't considered other places, I have just been looking on amazon and argos.

libera nos a malo

Decent drill? on 15:44 - Feb 28 with 525 viewspencoedjack

Decent drill? on 09:49 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

I bought this 18 months ago and use it often. Works well. From screwfix

DeWalt
DEWALT DCD778D2T-SFGB 18V 2.0AH LI-ION XR BRUSHLESS CORDLESS COMBI DRILL
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:51]

Yep I bought a Dewalt last year from screwfix good bit of kit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024