Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK 21:01 - Mar 28 with 9056 viewspikeypaul

Thank god we are out of the shambles,but still we look after them😂😂😂

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:14 - Mar 28 with 2820 viewspencoedjack

I wonder if the Germans would give it to us if it was the other way around.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:29 - Mar 28 with 2805 viewsCatullus

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:14 - Mar 28 by pencoedjack

I wonder if the Germans would give it to us if it was the other way around.

Not just the Germans, the whole EU.

What would they be saying if the situation was reversed?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:42 - Mar 28 with 2797 viewspencoedjack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:29 - Mar 28 by Catullus

Not just the Germans, the whole EU.

What would they be saying if the situation was reversed?

They’d laugh at us.

Feck em I’d rather look after poorer countries than vaccine get wasted due to the there bloody tedious paperwork.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:45 - Mar 28 with 2794 viewsCatullus

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 21:42 - Mar 28 by pencoedjack

They’d laugh at us.

Feck em I’d rather look after poorer countries than vaccine get wasted due to the there bloody tedious paperwork.

Totally agree, if they aren't going to use those 28 million AZ doses then send them to Africa, or somewhere in the third world that's badly hit.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 23:02 - Mar 28 with 2754 viewsbuilthjack

Have you forgotten about the (so far), 13 million Pfizer jabs that we have imported from the EU ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 01:18 - Mar 29 with 2721 viewsGroo

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 23:02 - Mar 28 by builthjack

Have you forgotten about the (so far), 13 million Pfizer jabs that we have imported from the EU ?

You talking about the supply of vaccine that the UK purchased and signed contracts for, the contracts agreed and signed by private companies (not the EU by the way).

Groo does what Groo does best

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 08:55 - Mar 29 with 2663 viewsonehunglow

I voted to remain. I was concerned about this country being isolated.
I am less so now.
It really does show how pitifully divided and aggressive we are about everything.

We need a good slap

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 09:54 - Mar 29 with 2648 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They have nearly 24 million doses unused in their fridges. Why do they want more?

🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 09:56 - Mar 29 with 2621 viewscontroversial_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 01:18 - Mar 29 by Groo

You talking about the supply of vaccine that the UK purchased and signed contracts for, the contracts agreed and signed by private companies (not the EU by the way).

I believe we agreed to supply the EU too, but haven't. Private companies that are operating under licence in EU countries
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 11:04 - Mar 29 with 2611 viewsraynor94

Dress it up anyway you want to, but the EU vaccinations roll out has been disastrous, no doubt costing lives.

Whilst the UK has been nothing short of superb.

I voted remain, but going on the behaviour of the EU since we left, thank god we have.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 11:33 - Mar 29 with 2585 viewsWhiterockin

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 11:04 - Mar 29 by raynor94

Dress it up anyway you want to, but the EU vaccinations roll out has been disastrous, no doubt costing lives.

Whilst the UK has been nothing short of superb.

I voted remain, but going on the behaviour of the EU since we left, thank god we have.

Without a doubt if we were still in the EU and not having the vaccination rate that we have, we would be facing a third wave and not coming out of lockdown.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 11:42 - Mar 29 with 2567 viewsCatullus

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 23:02 - Mar 28 by builthjack

We bought them from Pfizer, not the EU.

The EU doesn't actually produce any vaccines you know. It's private businesses in EU member states that produce the vaccines.

It was the all powerful, politically brilliant EU that failed to negotiate good enough contracts with suppliers that has been the root of their problem.

Maybe they're not that great after all. Their current attitude to big business may just cause them even more trouble.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 15:44 - Mar 29 with 2487 viewscontroversial_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 11:42 - Mar 29 by Catullus

We bought them from Pfizer, not the EU.

The EU doesn't actually produce any vaccines you know. It's private businesses in EU member states that produce the vaccines.

It was the all powerful, politically brilliant EU that failed to negotiate good enough contracts with suppliers that has been the root of their problem.

Maybe they're not that great after all. Their current attitude to big business may just cause them even more trouble.

By that logic, Britain doesn't produce any either.

Trade and cooperation works both ways. Their member countries have exported to the Uk, but we haven't exported any to them

Companies have to operate under licences of the particular country ,and private firms are not a special case.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 16:07 - Mar 29 with 2486 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 09:56 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

I believe we agreed to supply the EU too, but haven't. Private companies that are operating under licence in EU countries

No the UK did not promise to the supply the EU. The EU ordered vaccines from private companies and as is normal business practice the companies gave then a rough delivery date based on orders they received first and projected production volumes. They companies Pfizer and AstraZeneca both contained best endeavours in their contacts.

The EU also placed a large order with a French vaccines company who failed to produce a safe vaccine.

The uk had promised to donate any surplus vaccines after everyone who wishes to be vaccinated in the UK had had two doses.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 16:10]

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:01 - Mar 29 with 2466 viewsGroo

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 15:44 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

By that logic, Britain doesn't produce any either.

Trade and cooperation works both ways. Their member countries have exported to the Uk, but we haven't exported any to them

Companies have to operate under licences of the particular country ,and private firms are not a special case.

Your quite right, Britain does not produce any. private companies in the UK does.

The UK had the presence of mind to negotiate binding contracts, the EU negotiated contracts where the suppliers promised to do their best.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK (n/t) on 17:06 - Mar 29 with 2435 viewscontroversial_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 16:07 - Mar 29 by felixstowe_jack

No the UK did not promise to the supply the EU. The EU ordered vaccines from private companies and as is normal business practice the companies gave then a rough delivery date based on orders they received first and projected production volumes. They companies Pfizer and AstraZeneca both contained best endeavours in their contacts.

The EU also placed a large order with a French vaccines company who failed to produce a safe vaccine.

The uk had promised to donate any surplus vaccines after everyone who wishes to be vaccinated in the UK had had two doses.

[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 17:10]
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:09 - Mar 29 with 2433 viewscontroversial_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 16:07 - Mar 29 by felixstowe_jack

The EU have said differently. The Uk has not fulfilled it's contract to supply EU countries , and that the Uk already has enough vaccines for it's own population. It already has a surplus ordered. There is also no such contractual obligation to supply first come first served either - best endeavour is meaningless in terms of contracts.

The EU has given AZ monetary grants to raise it's production so it could produce enough for the EU as well as the UK, but has failed to do so

The Uk has surged ahead with it's first dose regime using up lots of the vaccines and delaying the second dose as it hasn't followed the manufacturers recommendations that the EU countries have

The British govt is playing a nationalistic political game with the vaccines, as if trying to justify it's doing better because of Brexit, when it should be cooperating to fight the disease rather than the EU

I'm afraid the UK is being very arrogant and is clearly in the wrong here.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:12 - Mar 29 with 2446 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK (n/t) on 17:06 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 17:10]

Oh do grow up. It is perfect sound to give doses of vaccines more than three weeks apart. That is the way most double doses vaccines are administered.

The EU failed to order vaccines soon enough.
The EU ordered French vaccines that did not work.

The uk has offered any surplus vaccines to the third world either free or on a non profit basis.

Meanwhile Pfizer is making billions of pounds of profit on their expensive vsccine.

Well done the UK 🇬🇧 for getting it right.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:25 - Mar 29 with 2412 viewscontroversial_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:12 - Mar 29 by felixstowe_jack

Oh do grow up. It is perfect sound to give doses of vaccines more than three weeks apart. That is the way most double doses vaccines are administered.

The EU failed to order vaccines soon enough.
The EU ordered French vaccines that did not work.

The uk has offered any surplus vaccines to the third world either free or on a non profit basis.

Meanwhile Pfizer is making billions of pounds of profit on their expensive vsccine.

Well done the UK 🇬🇧 for getting it right.

I think it's you who needs to grow up. You think you know better than the manufacturers - do you know how stupid that makes you seem?

According to the latest study from the US, it's important to get the second shot on time. Nothing about waiting 12 weeks to get the second as we are doing. Let's hope for this country that we have not got it wrong.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:28 - Mar 29 with 2432 viewsGroo

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:09 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

The EU have said differently. The Uk has not fulfilled it's contract to supply EU countries , and that the Uk already has enough vaccines for it's own population. It already has a surplus ordered. There is also no such contractual obligation to supply first come first served either - best endeavour is meaningless in terms of contracts.

The EU has given AZ monetary grants to raise it's production so it could produce enough for the EU as well as the UK, but has failed to do so

The Uk has surged ahead with it's first dose regime using up lots of the vaccines and delaying the second dose as it hasn't followed the manufacturers recommendations that the EU countries have

The British govt is playing a nationalistic political game with the vaccines, as if trying to justify it's doing better because of Brexit, when it should be cooperating to fight the disease rather than the EU

I'm afraid the UK is being very arrogant and is clearly in the wrong here.

The wording in a contract is very important, its not first come first serve, the EU made their contract a day before the UK.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:34 - Mar 29 with 2428 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:25 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

I think it's you who needs to grow up. You think you know better than the manufacturers - do you know how stupid that makes you seem?

According to the latest study from the US, it's important to get the second shot on time. Nothing about waiting 12 weeks to get the second as we are doing. Let's hope for this country that we have not got it wrong.

The reason the manufacturers recommend 3 weeks was because 3 weeks is the shortest interval they could use trial .

Clearly after 3 weeks immunity is still increasing and keeps increasing for many weeks. Giving the second does later increases immunity and for longer.

You may have missed one of the results of the tests of the AstraZeneca trials. Where they found those who were accidentally give a half doses followed by a full dose had a greater immunity than those given two correct doses . The reason was simple after they had discovered their error in the first dose they took a while to decide if these patients could continue in the trial. They eventually decided they could but that decision took time and they all received their second dose a lot later than the 3 weeks.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:36 - Mar 29 with 2427 viewsProfessor

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:25 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

Given the level of protection from a single dose, it would appear to be the right thing. From an immunological perspective 12 weeks is fine. My worry was low levels of immunity driving variant evolution, but thankfully the decision makers on the JCVI were clearly privy to data that showed this not be the case.

Both we and the EU gambled on a vaccine to make up the bulk of its supply. Fortunately the Oxford AZ was the right horse, though the Sanofi vaccine may yet be used -its in a second trial.
EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:39 - Mar 29 with 2420 viewsGroo

I've had my AZ jab in Canada, the second dose is planned for 4 months later.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:40 - Mar 29 with 2419 viewsfelixstowe_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:28 - Mar 29 by Groo

The wording in a contract is very important, its not first come first serve, the EU made their contract a day before the UK.

Maybe with Pfizer but certainly not AstraZeneca.

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:41 - Mar 29 with 2477 viewscontroversial_jack

EU countries begging the vaccine off the UK on 17:34 - Mar 29 by felixstowe_jack

The reason the manufacturers recommend 3 weeks was because 3 weeks is the shortest interval they could use trial .

Clearly after 3 weeks immunity is still increasing and keeps increasing for many weeks. Giving the second does later increases immunity and for longer.

You may have missed one of the results of the tests of the AstraZeneca trials. Where they found those who were accidentally give a half doses followed by a full dose had a greater immunity than those given two correct doses . The reason was simple after they had discovered their error in the first dose they took a while to decide if these patients could continue in the trial. They eventually decided they could but that decision took time and they all received their second dose a lot later than the 3 weeks.

We are not giving half doses and then a full doses, we are making it up as we go along and not following scientific advice as has been the case for most of this pandemic

There is lot's of data coming out about Pfijer and Moderna in the real world, but very little about AZ.

Full immunity is reached after about 3 weeks, it doesn't increase after that, it's why the next shot is so important. The UK is the only country that has extended the second dose to 12 weeks, let's hope we know better than the manufacturers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024