Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper 00:35 - Apr 21 with 641 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper 21st Apr 2021 00:33
Frustrated Swansea City fans watched a nonplussed and wretched performance by Steve Cooper’s swans at the Liberty on Tuesday. So much so, even the most ardent of Cooper admirers were beginning to think this was some sort of sick joke as his players started in a defensive formation against a QPR side who had no reason or need to win, lose or draw this game. 0

Go on then, have a click.
Subscribe to us on Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 01:19 - Apr 21 with 605 viewsNotLoyal

Harsh but very fair.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 01:23 - Apr 21 with 603 viewsTreforys_Jack

Brutal but bang on the money.
Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 02:12 - Apr 21 with 583 viewsDJack

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 05:54 - Apr 21 with 508 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge did fluff his lines in front of goal and he will be hurting over that. Yes Cullen should have partnered Lowe at the very least (it would have been a brave call playing him with Whittaker and brave isn’t Coopers MO) but Routs should have been played as the CAM . He would have brought the wing backs much more into the game and as a result the crosses would have been raining in to the strikers. 5 at the back is only defensive when you have nothing creative in midfield. Routledge (like in the Millwall and Wednesday games.

Our midfield three were shockingly bad as a collective with Fulton uncharacteristically have a rare bad game but was that because of the safety first tactics? Grimes , with his one footedness slowed the game down with easy safe passes (again maybe under orders) and Smith not an awful lot better.

I hope the layers gave him what for in the changing room afterwards - after being in and around the top 2 all season it must be heartbreaking to see it taken away from them .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 08:10 - Apr 21 with 445 views34dfgdf54

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 05:54 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Routledge did fluff his lines in front of goal and he will be hurting over that. Yes Cullen should have partnered Lowe at the very least (it would have been a brave call playing him with Whittaker and brave isn’t Coopers MO) but Routs should have been played as the CAM . He would have brought the wing backs much more into the game and as a result the crosses would have been raining in to the strikers. 5 at the back is only defensive when you have nothing creative in midfield. Routledge (like in the Millwall and Wednesday games.

Our midfield three were shockingly bad as a collective with Fulton uncharacteristically have a rare bad game but was that because of the safety first tactics? Grimes , with his one footedness slowed the game down with easy safe passes (again maybe under orders) and Smith not an awful lot better.

I hope the layers gave him what for in the changing room afterwards - after being in and around the top 2 all season it must be heartbreaking to see it taken away from them .

Cooper for me, has zero trust in playing any youngsters apart from the ones he was supplied with in the England U17 set up.

He got Cabango benched first opportunity, Whittaker was given to him, scored against Man City, most likely against Cardiff but has had 5 minutes here and there since. Cullen said felt fit but didn't get the nod yesterday, I'm not criticising Cooper for that as he needs to manage him, but half time he should have been on, no doubt about it. He's putting away the chances Routledge spurned. As O'Leary keep saying, he's the best finisher in the club by a distance.
Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 08:22 - Apr 21 with 431 viewsThornburyswan

Decent piece that & I suspect hits the spot where most of us are - time for change come the season end.
Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 09:04 - Apr 21 with 399 viewsnantywatcher

Cooper is just part of a much bigger problem. There is no structure or history within the current set up. From the top where we have a CE who is just passing through to an Academy that seems to be in serious decline. There seems to be little left to build on. And don't get me started on the woeful 'support' supplied by the Liberty crowd we can expect next season - gives me the shivers!
Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 09:06 - Apr 21 with 396 viewsonehunglow

A good read and I wished I had been given the opportunity to write a piece months ago about this charlatan in charge.

The article says it supported Cooper.It never should have. The club is what we support.
Cooper exudes negativity,not forum stuff ,but full on can't do;a lack of courage.
As with most cowards,his defence is stubbornish and pig headedness. His substitutions alone define his utter ineptness. We ve been chasing games and seen players brought on in the 92nd minute. Last night the sick joke of Routledge playing centre forward was fully evident after 10 minutes YET ,Cullen was brought on in the 75 th minute-as most subs are by him. Its subbing by numbers.

Im not picking on WR as such but the fact he is even in the squad is evidence of such incredible lunacy . He should never been given a 4 yr extended contract,same with the not so laughable Kyle Naughton . Yet we sign Freeman ,who has never figured.

The club is sinking ,make no mistake.We need new owners but somehow we need a canny experienced manager to guide us through thee troubled waters.

Bournemouth ,a tiny club,will go up along with Norwich and Watford,clubs that came down,kept their marbles,their structure,their mindset and players. We sold the silver ,we gave the rest away to the likes of Spurs.

Our state is not totally down to cooper but he has blown the chance to get back up big time. It is unforgivable.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 391 viewsCatullus

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 01:19 - Apr 21 by NotLoyal

Harsh but very fair.

I can't even call it harsh, it's the simple truth.

I have at various times wondered, can Cooper manage grown ups, can he see what's wrong and can he fix it, is he watching places like this forum and simply being a stubborn $%£$$(£&^?

Right now I'd back a NO, NO, YES reply. It is almost as if he is deliberately doing this. He's doubling down on a failing system, it's as if he cannot even begin to believe he's wrong when all the evidence is there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 09:56 - Apr 21 with 373 viewsonehunglow

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 09:24 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I can't even call it harsh, it's the simple truth.

I have at various times wondered, can Cooper manage grown ups, can he see what's wrong and can he fix it, is he watching places like this forum and simply being a stubborn $%£$$(£&^?

Right now I'd back a NO, NO, YES reply. It is almost as if he is deliberately doing this. He's doubling down on a failing system, it's as if he cannot even begin to believe he's wrong when all the evidence is there.

Ive done a few courses n my time.Although Ive not met Steve,I reckon he really is dumb but has been lucky.

He has been found out. It happen to many of us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 10:43 - Apr 21 with 351 viewsBadlands

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper on 05:54 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Routs did get one heavy touch that should have led to a goal but credit to the QPR defender for the other two efforts.
A player who had been used more might have done better and tbh Lowe, Ayew and other up front are starved of the ball and have to play so deep to get a look in they are left with far too much to do.
Failure to involve bench players or devise an effective midfield has been an obvious drawback

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024