Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent 12:25 - Apr 28 with 1752 viewsKeithHaynes

All manner of opinions which are most welcome, but also locations of our members.
Regardless of your relationship with Swansea City, Wales or link to the country or club.

I’ll start you off
Haverfordwest now Cadiz, Spain

Edit -
Ok full brief, as people have identified.
Cardiff, Haverfordwest, Northampton, London, West Calder, Grays, Haverfordwest, Cardiff, Gloucester, Cadiz 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:34 - Apr 29 with 784 views1983

Trallwn
Llansamlet
Sarf England

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 764 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 19:12 - Apr 28 by builthjack

You won't get to Rhodes now since the tories got us out of Europe.

We are still one of the 50 countries in Europe. We are not one of the 27 countries in the EU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:46 - Apr 29 with 742 viewsonehunglow

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:41 - Apr 29 by felixstowe_jack

We are still one of the 50 countries in Europe. We are not one of the 27 countries in the EU.

Who do so many Welsh people look inwardly.
Why the insecurity.
Does anyone hate the Welsh? Who cares if they do.

Is it endemic

Can Wales ever be honest with itself?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 07:21 - Apr 30 with 694 viewsGwyn737

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 20:01 - Apr 28 by Fireboy2

Bonymaen, Townhill, Plasmarl, Landore, Mount Pleasant.

Then Gt Harwood, Accrington, Clayton le moors, Rishton, Blackburn back to Accy, Bamber Bridge, finally Chorley.

Not as well travelled as some of you and more than others but what connects us all is we are all Jack B@stards 🦢

I know Euxton quite well, FB.

It’s been a while but used to frequent The Talbot quite a bit. Not sure ifs still there.
It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 07:23 - Apr 30 with 692 viewsGwyn737

Llanmorlais, Brynmill, Bexhill, Battle.
It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:18 - Apr 30 with 666 viewsKilkennyjack

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:16 - Apr 29 by onehunglow

Plus a wonderful mediterranean climate with grandiose historical old cities like Cordoba,Granada and Seville and a short drive to the Algarve.
You absolute/,.,x],you

Beats Builth Wells,Bangor,Bishopston and Birkenhead for sure.

Well it beats Birkenhead for sure ...

Beware of the Risen People

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 09:07 - Apr 30 with 650 viewsraynor94

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:18 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Well it beats Birkenhead for sure ...

Why spoil a good thread? Try contributing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 639 viewsCatullus

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 21:03 - Apr 28 by builthjack

Have you seen them throwing people out of Spain? They are.
I guess Keith has got his residency etc.

Throwing people out who haven't completed the correct paperwork.

PS, it wasn't the tories who took us out of the EU. Cameron and Osborne did their best to convince us to vote remain and as you seem to have forgotten, a lot of Labour voters chose leave too, unless Wales is 53% tory.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:54 - Apr 30 with 590 viewsKeithHaynes

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 08:16 - Apr 29 by onehunglow

Plus a wonderful mediterranean climate with grandiose historical old cities like Cordoba,Granada and Seville and a short drive to the Algarve.
You absolute/,.,x],you

Beats Builth Wells,Bangor,Bishopston and Birkenhead for sure.

There is loads wrong here mind. Corruption especially. It’s not what you know it’s who you know. Bureaucracy is mental, the Atlantic coast is wonderful mind, where we are it’s typical Spanish. Restaurant meal for two, four courses with a bottle of wine, 20 euros. I miss proper fish and chips, and the family. Nobody speaks English, so you have to learn Spanish quickly. If you don’t it’s hostile.
Racism is widespread, that’s why we have very few black people or immigrants here, once they land on the beach they run north, Muslims are not too welcome, there are a few mosques, it’s very parochial, The older generation yearn for Franco, the younger ones don’t care. Positives, no scrapping after too many beers, just a party, dancing in the street for no apparent reason. Family first every time. Very low crime rate as it brings the family in to disrepute. Grandmother rules the roost. However drugs are rife, but there seems to be very few addicts. This isn’t the costas.

Everywhere has issues, it’s about accepting them and smiling.

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 01:09 - May 1 with 562 viewsFireboy2

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:54 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

There is loads wrong here mind. Corruption especially. It’s not what you know it’s who you know. Bureaucracy is mental, the Atlantic coast is wonderful mind, where we are it’s typical Spanish. Restaurant meal for two, four courses with a bottle of wine, 20 euros. I miss proper fish and chips, and the family. Nobody speaks English, so you have to learn Spanish quickly. If you don’t it’s hostile.
Racism is widespread, that’s why we have very few black people or immigrants here, once they land on the beach they run north, Muslims are not too welcome, there are a few mosques, it’s very parochial, The older generation yearn for Franco, the younger ones don’t care. Positives, no scrapping after too many beers, just a party, dancing in the street for no apparent reason. Family first every time. Very low crime rate as it brings the family in to disrepute. Grandmother rules the roost. However drugs are rife, but there seems to be very few addicts. This isn’t the costas.

Question for you Keith, why did you choose cadiz?
It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 11:11 - May 1 with 522 viewsjack_lord

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:54 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

4 courses and a bottle of wine for 20 which is why it was our long term plan :)

Tonight it will be one course each for the two of us and a bottle of wine and it will cost 50 pounds.

Are the courses decent? One of the restaurants we use further north and a decent first course and poor choice for dessert and the main would be average. Probalby 25 euros

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 13:25 - May 1 with 496 viewsonehunglow

That still sounds very appealing to me.
I can get by in Spanish and am fluent in French -as an alternative.
I detest drunks especially fighting ones and I like cold water ocean swimming.

I have always ,like most Swansea people ,lived in an almost exclusively white town and that's fine by me. Looking at the large English towns, Im not sure the alternative I wahat we are looking for.
We had grandchildren late in life and no way would we leave them for another country. That is and always has been our issue. We had the funds to buy and came close to buying in the Limousin once but we ,or I,bottled it as the solitude would have been a struggle for a townie like me .

I envy you in a way but family are a huge joy bit also a tie.

In reality,I have to be honest and state I would have to be dragged away from the area I live,a apart from climate,it has it all.

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 16:00 - May 1 with 486 viewsCatullus

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 13:25 - May 1 by onehunglow

That still sounds very appealing to me.
I can get by in Spanish and am fluent in French -as an alternative.
I detest drunks especially fighting ones and I like cold water ocean swimming.

I have always ,like most Swansea people ,lived in an almost exclusively white town and that's fine by me. Looking at the large English towns, Im not sure the alternative I wahat we are looking for.
We had grandchildren late in life and no way would we leave them for another country. That is and always has been our issue. We had the funds to buy and came close to buying in the Limousin once but we ,or I,bottled it as the solitude would have been a struggle for a townie like me .

I envy you in a way but family are a huge joy bit also a tie.

In reality,I have to be honest and state I would have to be dragged away from the area I live,a apart from climate,it has it all.

That part of Spain appeals to me too, apart from the racism. I may feel differently if boats full of immigrants were regularlylanding though.

There is nothing much to hold me in South Wales. If we dropped the lottery the only arguemtn would be about where we went. I would choose somewhere warmer but my wife would prefer somewhere in the Arctic circle!

I'd be off to a mediterranean tomorrow if I could. The fewer the people and the more open countryside, the better.

Maybe it's covid fatigue or maybe it's because too many people are utter front bonnets. Give me a warm sea and a decent boat and open countryside and I could easily ditch the town.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 17:29 - May 1 with 467 viewsonehunglow

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 16:00 - May 1 by Catullus

That part of Spain appeals to me too, apart from the racism. I may feel differently if boats full of immigrants were regularlylanding though.

There is nothing much to hold me in South Wales. If we dropped the lottery the only arguemtn would be about where we went. I would choose somewhere warmer but my wife would prefer somewhere in the Arctic circle!

I'd be off to a mediterranean tomorrow if I could. The fewer the people and the more open countryside, the better.

Maybe it's covid fatigue or maybe it's because too many people are utter front bonnets. Give me a warm sea and a decent boat and open countryside and I could easily ditch the town.

Try looking at Aquitaine France.

The Landes region or the coast around Soulac.

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 18:56 - May 1 with 459 viewstrampie

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 16:00 - May 1 by Catullus

You could move to West Wales, beaches, countryside etc plus add in global warming heating things up.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 19:37 - May 1 with 429 viewsonehunglow

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 18:56 - May 1 by trampie

You could move to West Wales, beaches, countryside etc plus add in global warming heating things up.

and get drenched every time you go to the beach for a day out.
Wales ha nice beaches but horrible weather

Its why people die to get to the likes of the Algarve.

No comparison

Nothing pleasant about a beautiful beach when its pissssing down

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:21 - May 1 with 402 viewsReslovenSwan1

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 18:56 - May 1 by trampie

South west Wales or North west Wales?

Some one in the BBC started using the 'West Wales'moniker for Dyfed as they did not like the Welsh word in days gone by. It has caught on regrettibly and generally understood as South West Wales.

Wise sage since Toshack era

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:35 - May 1 with 396 viewsKeithHaynes

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:21 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

South west Wales or North west Wales?

Some one in the BBC started using the 'West Wales'moniker for Dyfed as they did not like the Welsh word in days gone by. It has caught on regrettibly and generally understood as South West Wales.

Pembrokeshire ? Little England, too far from everywhere for someone to spend a lifetime there.

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 21:47 - May 2 with 328 viewsLittleEnglandJack

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:35 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

Pembrokeshire ? Little England, too far from everywhere for someone to spend a lifetime there.

My family seem to have missed that memo. My parents have lived all their lives down here, as have my grandparents and all but one of my great grandparents.

A lovely place but like I said to the bloke from Porthcawl I was speaking to in work the other day who said it was 'one of the only places he'd move to'- we're miles from civilization. People from Swansea complain about distances from there, but christ, it takes us 2 hours on a train (or an hour in the car) just to get there!

And then there's the fact that large swathes of the county are overrun by an ever increasing number of holidaymakers for an ever increasing part of the year putting pressure on our poor infrastructure and services. And I say that as someone who works in the tourism industry.

Doesn't seem to have put anybody off mind. In the last few months the house prices down here have gone through the roof, even bang average properties flying off the market within days.
It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 22:18 - May 2 with 303 viewsJack123

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 21:47 - May 2 by LittleEnglandJack

My family seem to have missed that memo. My parents have lived all their lives down here, as have my grandparents and all but one of my great grandparents.

A lovely place but like I said to the bloke from Porthcawl I was speaking to in work the other day who said it was 'one of the only places he'd move to'- we're miles from civilization. People from Swansea complain about distances from there, but christ, it takes us 2 hours on a train (or an hour in the car) just to get there!

And then there's the fact that large swathes of the county are overrun by an ever increasing number of holidaymakers for an ever increasing part of the year putting pressure on our poor infrastructure and services. And I say that as someone who works in the tourism industry.

Doesn't seem to have put anybody off mind. In the last few months the house prices down here have gone through the roof, even bang average properties flying off the market within days.

I love it down that way, Tenby Saunderfoot, and quite partial to Fishguard.I have to go back there soon.

libera nos a malo

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 23:48 - May 2 with 280 viewsKeithHaynes

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 21:47 - May 2 by LittleEnglandJack

Lots of family still there mate, but it’s so far away as you say it’s soul destroying at times. Can’t fault the area, even the people seem relatively ok, happy and content. I still have lots of mates there but I have to say some of them from the age of 30 odd just settled for that lifestyle. Work, pub, chippy, home. That can happen anywhere I know, but some agree their location, family pressure etc just made them settle easier and be content with what they had, not what they could have had. I knew it was time for me to leave when it took six hours to get back from gigs in Cardiff via the milk train then a six mile walk from Clarbeston Road. 😂

It seems we have a very diverse mix on Swansea Independent on 10:38 - May 3 with 249 viewsonehunglow

Basically,do what you have to do to earn as good a living as possible.
Move away to free oneself from family you despise
Find a place that suit you and be happy.

And as we're noe back on track I urge you to listen to the lyrics on this

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024