Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ariolla Speaks 22:03 - Apr 29 with 5235 views34dfgdf54

<<Your loan to Swansea was cut short after you reinjured your quad; but even before that, you seemed a bit snakebitten. What did you take away from your time in the Championship? What were your impressions of the league and what did you learn there? >>

It was a good experience, right? You try to take the best out of everything. But it was also very frustrating. It was a frustrating situation. I went on loan obviously really wanting to play and stay in form and help the team get to the Premiership before coming back to D.C. My main goal was just to prove myself over there and get a run of games and try and keep a good form. But it was tough. I can’t lie.

The level was good, I don’t think it was anything different than what you see in MLS. The style of play was a little bit different, the pitches were awful. Every single one of the pitches was awful except Stoke; and I think it plays a huge factor into the Championship, and it’s why teams consistently play direct, and play with big center backs and big No. 9s and five at the back is because of the conditions of the fields – tight pitches. But Swansea itself was a great club. Everyone at the club was amazing, the players, the staff, a really young group of guys. It felt like a family-feel type club. The facilities were great, besides the field.

I think obviously in the end, looking back you want to go somewhere where you feel really wanted. And I’m not quite sure if the manager there really had great intentions of me helping the team or maybe he thought I’d just be an extra number just offering reinforcement at some position. When the opportunity came – as a player, especially one that hadn’t been to Europe, I wanted to go, I had to go, I had really high hopes to do great things over there for the club. And then when you get there and you realize and understand the situation you’re in, you can really only wait for your opportunity. And unfortunately I really didn’t get one. I got a couple of late features in a couple of games but besides that, it ended up being disappointing. I did make great relationships, though and I was able to see what it was like over there – now I know I can play at that level, obviously you see other young Americans doing it at that level and in the Premier League as well. It definitely wasn’t a setback for me and I don’t see it as a failure. Now I’m just focused on turning the page, going forward here and having a great season in D.C. and taking it from there.

<<Throughout your career you’ve expressed a desire to ply your trade in Europe. Did the month or so at Swansea satiate that desire? Or do you feel an even stronger pull to go back knowing that things didn’t work out like you’d have wanted them to?>>

After my experience at Swansea, my attitude is just “go where you’re wanted.” The next time I move, if I ever move from D.C. United, it will be somewhere where I’m truly valued and somewhere where I’m there to make a difference on the team, regardless of country or style of play or anything like that. What it comes down to is whether you’re going to get an opportunity – and then it’s on you. And I’ll always bet on myself to make the most of an opportunity.
Ariolla Speaks on 16:14 - May 9 with 673 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 15:18 - May 9 by Chief

I think you obviously being the disingenuous one by bizarrely bringing one of the worlds greatest ever players, struggling to see you point. Arriola nor Messi are available of selection against Barnsley.

Conversely Cooper obviously also realised for those 7 games that Arriola wasn't capable of contributing. Maybe if he'd not injured&got fully match fit he'd have players more. We'll never know.

A lot of is unfortunate circumstances. Arriola and Morris both got injured and had to leave. Could be bad luck, could be the result of rely on MLS players who hadn't had a decent pre-season. Ultimately that initiative from owners did not work.

Hourihane should be good, scored some important goals but hasn't quite worked out.

Whittaker brought in for the future and has featured plenty since hes bedded in, while Hamer and Freeman were obviously signed as squad fillers. They're aware of their place in the plan.

Signing the likes of Assombalonga would have cost a lot of money, do you think the owners should have sanctioned such an outlay to really bolster the squad then?

A lot of money correct. The question I am asking would 1 Britt be worth more than 2 Yanks a couple of kids and two or three squad fillers. January instead of making a difference achieved very little. How much did the 6 cost?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ariolla Speaks on 17:34 - May 9 with 655 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 16:14 - May 9 by ReslovenSwan1

A lot of money correct. The question I am asking would 1 Britt be worth more than 2 Yanks a couple of kids and two or three squad fillers. January instead of making a difference achieved very little. How much did the 6 cost?

In hindsight yes.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ariolla Speaks on 13:06 - May 13 with 568 viewsvetchonian

Ariolla Speaks on 22:27 - Apr 29 by 34dfgdf54

You can’t do anything about a snapped knee ligament, that happens. Morris had plenty more minutes in the tank than he was given.

Ariolla’s cardio fitness is apparently outstanding so not buying that with him either. Cooper looked for excuses from day one about not using him.

The guy may have outstanding cardio fitness but had hardly played any football in over a year. How many times have we heard pundits dicussing "match fitness"...well read below an excerpt from the recent Angel interview which has already been used in here to attack Cooper. In this he talks about his lack of match fitness despite having played 200 plus games in the PL ..but having had a season prior to joining QPR where he had hardly played re recognised he may not be ready ....having come a level..whilst Arriola who had hardly played during 2020 and at a lwer level is moaning he wasnt used as the manager didnt like him.....maybe just a McClaren looked at Rangel and assesed he would be ready to fit in Cooper et al looked at Arriola when he arrived and felt he wasnt ready. After all he did get some starts....25 mins in the cup,10 mins against Bristol City..
But no once again Cooper didnt want him so he didnt pick him.....but he did didnt he maybe just maybe when he arrived he was not up to speed and needed time..funny how a pro like Angel recognises how not having game time affects performance yet....Cooper is slated for not playing more someone who had had hardly any game time before arriving!
Yes Cooper may not have wanted either Yank preferring different players but he did play them..but realisitically do you think Arriolla was fit and ready for the Championship?

You’ve made a home in Swansea, you’re well loved there, a lot of charity work in the city, were you tempted to call it a day then at 34 rather than move away?

No. I wasn’t ready. The last two-and-a-half-years at Swansea I hadn’t played enough, and I wanted to get that game time back. I felt still fit. My aim was always to play to 38 and I would do anything possible to achieve it. I ended up back in Spain with a friend of mine who was managing an Indian team in Bangalore, they were doing pre-season in Spain and he invited me over to train with them with the option of a deal there. I had nothing else, I got rejected by Championship clubs, even some League One clubs told me I was too old. I couldn’t believe it, I’d just played almost 200 games in the Premier League and now nobody wanted me. How was it possible? Anyway, I was in Spain with the Indian team and Steve McClaren rang me. He told me QPR needed a bit of experience at the time, it was a talented young team that needed experience. That sounded great to me. We spoke on Tuesday, I flew over Wednesday, there was a game on Saturday he wanted me to play in straight away, the first game of the season at Preston. I said ‘Steve, I am not fit at all. I’ve been training, but I have no match fitness you have to understand’. Then he kind of doubted it a little bit so I said let me come over, I’ll train with you guys, you can assess me and see what you think. After two days he said you’re staying.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ariolla Speaks on 13:34 - May 13 with 562 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 13:06 - May 13 by vetchonian

The guy may have outstanding cardio fitness but had hardly played any football in over a year. How many times have we heard pundits dicussing "match fitness"...well read below an excerpt from the recent Angel interview which has already been used in here to attack Cooper. In this he talks about his lack of match fitness despite having played 200 plus games in the PL ..but having had a season prior to joining QPR where he had hardly played re recognised he may not be ready ....having come a level..whilst Arriola who had hardly played during 2020 and at a lwer level is moaning he wasnt used as the manager didnt like him.....maybe just a McClaren looked at Rangel and assesed he would be ready to fit in Cooper et al looked at Arriola when he arrived and felt he wasnt ready. After all he did get some starts....25 mins in the cup,10 mins against Bristol City..
But no once again Cooper didnt want him so he didnt pick him.....but he did didnt he maybe just maybe when he arrived he was not up to speed and needed time..funny how a pro like Angel recognises how not having game time affects performance yet....Cooper is slated for not playing more someone who had had hardly any game time before arriving!
Yes Cooper may not have wanted either Yank preferring different players but he did play them..but realisitically do you think Arriolla was fit and ready for the Championship?

You’ve made a home in Swansea, you’re well loved there, a lot of charity work in the city, were you tempted to call it a day then at 34 rather than move away?

No. I wasn’t ready. The last two-and-a-half-years at Swansea I hadn’t played enough, and I wanted to get that game time back. I felt still fit. My aim was always to play to 38 and I would do anything possible to achieve it. I ended up back in Spain with a friend of mine who was managing an Indian team in Bangalore, they were doing pre-season in Spain and he invited me over to train with them with the option of a deal there. I had nothing else, I got rejected by Championship clubs, even some League One clubs told me I was too old. I couldn’t believe it, I’d just played almost 200 games in the Premier League and now nobody wanted me. How was it possible? Anyway, I was in Spain with the Indian team and Steve McClaren rang me. He told me QPR needed a bit of experience at the time, it was a talented young team that needed experience. That sounded great to me. We spoke on Tuesday, I flew over Wednesday, there was a game on Saturday he wanted me to play in straight away, the first game of the season at Preston. I said ‘Steve, I am not fit at all. I’ve been training, but I have no match fitness you have to understand’. Then he kind of doubted it a little bit so I said let me come over, I’ll train with you guys, you can assess me and see what you think. After two days he said you’re staying.

Arriola joined Peterson in the "17 minuite club". Two players not propertly utilised by the manager. The big difference in Arriola and Rangel was Rangel was 36 and Arriola 27.

Arriola had been training before two USA games and was fully fit. Both Peterson and Arriola were good enough to play regularly for Swansea but were simply pretty much ignored. One player Cooper wanted and another he apparently did not want. Arriola covered a number of positions and gave Cooper an option theoretically to rest his star players. Arriola might have been seen as a replacement for Peterson.

Peterson took matters into his own hands and has played 25 or so games for Fortuna Dusseldorf with 5 goals and 4 assists in Budesliga 2.

Coopers methods of using a very restricted core group will be teted in the play offs. If Barnsley over run Swansea through great eneregy and sharpness questions will need to ba asked. Swansea will have to match this. Can they do it though?

Ariolla Speaks on 13:42 - May 13 with 553 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 13:34 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Arriola joined Peterson in the "17 minuite club". Two players not propertly utilised by the manager. The big difference in Arriola and Rangel was Rangel was 36 and Arriola 27.

Arriola had been training before two USA games and was fully fit. Both Peterson and Arriola were good enough to play regularly for Swansea but were simply pretty much ignored. One player Cooper wanted and another he apparently did not want. Arriola covered a number of positions and gave Cooper an option theoretically to rest his star players. Arriola might have been seen as a replacement for Peterson.

Peterson took matters into his own hands and has played 25 or so games for Fortuna Dusseldorf with 5 goals and 4 assists in Budesliga 2.

Coopers methods of using a very restricted core group will be teted in the play offs. If Barnsley over run Swansea through great eneregy and sharpness questions will need to ba asked. Swansea will have to match this. Can they do it though?

And yet no one can tell me in what games Arriola should have actually played any extra minutes in.

Seem oblivious to the fact he was only available for 7 games.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 13:44]

Ariolla Speaks on 14:15 - May 13 with 540 viewsvetchonian

Ariolla Speaks on 13:34 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

More smoke from the Neath Valley

Rangel talks about MAtch fitness.....pundits regularly discuss match fitness this is different to "physical" fitness.

I am sure that the whole management team had assesed Arriolla.
This continued crusade to find anything , anything which can be used to criticise Cooper is getting tedious.

Managers are measured by results.....how they are measured dictates their behaviour.
Cooper has for the second succesive season got us to the play offs....you could say we should have made the automatics...but we are where we are.

Dont get me started on the fatigue malarky and rotation the human body has proven over the years it can withstand far more exertion and stress expereinced by any pro footballer in 90 mins which is actually 2 x 45 min burts with 15 mins rest between.People who work hard physical graft for 8 hours or more then go back and do it again 12 hours ( or less) later for 5 days a week.

Todays pros are conditioned from an early age and given proper diet regimes training regimes and care.

The promotion winning sqaud of 1981 had none of that only 1 sub no matchday squad of 16 ...played also with two games per week, on heavier pitches etc.

Cooper has his faults as did Potter, Carlos, Clement,Bradley, Guido, MOnk,Laudrup, Rodgers , Sousa and Martinez..but the constant digging of "any " dirt to sling at him is tedious. We are in the playoffs we should all be united behind the team I tell you what 35 years ago all those Swans fans...who attended games would have been delighted with this season and last...
Peterson and Arriola are not the first or will they be the last players to be "sidelined" ,overlooked or used "sparingly" at a club it has happened here before and has and is still going on at other clubs

Ariolla Speaks on 14:20 - May 13 with 539 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 13:42 - May 13 by Chief

And yet no one can tell me in what games Arriola should have actually played any extra minutes in.

Seem oblivious to the fact he was only available for 7 games.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 13:44]

You work on a failed concept. If you win then no subs are required. This is not sports science. Players still need protection and nuturing as elite athletes.

He could have played the whole of the Man city game not 25 minuites. He had the same time as Freeman who has not had a second on grass since.

He clearly could have had more than 7m v Nottingham forest (H) in a tight match.

Huddesfield town ideal for rotation a 1-4 beating. Not used. Cooper used up all his subs 5 leaving the team short after Morris was crocked. Not used .

Coventry (H).Not used. He could have been used with his energy to help close down the game 20-30mins

Bristol City (H) 1-3 Used for 10 mins. Could have had 20-30 mins

Stoke city (A) 2-1 Not used . Could have had 20 mins. Only one sub used.

Boro (H) 2-1 not used. Could have had 20 mins. Two subs used.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:21]

Ariolla Speaks on 14:29 - May 13 with 535 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 14:15 - May 13 by vetchonian

More smoke from the Neath Valley

Rangel talks about MAtch fitness.....pundits regularly discuss match fitness this is different to "physical" fitness.

I am sure that the whole management team had assesed Arriolla.
This continued crusade to find anything , anything which can be used to criticise Cooper is getting tedious.

Managers are measured by results.....how they are measured dictates their behaviour.
Cooper has for the second succesive season got us to the play offs....you could say we should have made the automatics...but we are where we are.

Dont get me started on the fatigue malarky and rotation the human body has proven over the years it can withstand far more exertion and stress expereinced by any pro footballer in 90 mins which is actually 2 x 45 min burts with 15 mins rest between.People who work hard physical graft for 8 hours or more then go back and do it again 12 hours ( or less) later for 5 days a week.

Todays pros are conditioned from an early age and given proper diet regimes training regimes and care.

The promotion winning sqaud of 1981 had none of that only 1 sub no matchday squad of 16 ...played also with two games per week, on heavier pitches etc.

Cooper has his faults as did Potter, Carlos, Clement,Bradley, Guido, MOnk,Laudrup, Rodgers , Sousa and Martinez..but the constant digging of "any " dirt to sling at him is tedious. We are in the playoffs we should all be united behind the team I tell you what 35 years ago all those Swans fans...who attended games would have been delighted with this season and last...
Peterson and Arriola are not the first or will they be the last players to be "sidelined" ,overlooked or used "sparingly" at a club it has happened here before and has and is still going on at other clubs

I will agree with you when I see a super energetic team match Barnsley. The championship is a marathon not a sprint. Copper having got to the play off last season knows the ropes.

His team must be in top physical condition for the final 2 or 3 games. It his job to manage the team through 49 games and cup matches. The most important ones are now.

I have simply expressed concern about the manager talking about fatigue 3/4 the way of the journey with 6 or 7 of his squad barely getting a kick.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Ariolla Speaks on 14:38 - May 13 with 530 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 14:20 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

You work on a failed concept. If you win then no subs are required. This is not sports science. Players still need protection and nuturing as elite athletes.

He could have played the whole of the Man city game not 25 minuites. He had the same time as Freeman who has not had a second on grass since.

He clearly could have had more than 7m v Nottingham forest (H) in a tight match.

Huddesfield town ideal for rotation a 1-4 beating. Not used. Cooper used up all his subs 5 leaving the team short after Morris was crocked. Not used .

Coventry (H).Not used. He could have been used with his energy to help close down the game 20-30mins

Bristol City (H) 1-3 Used for 10 mins. Could have had 20-30 mins

Stoke city (A) 2-1 Not used . Could have had 20 mins. Only one sub used.

Boro (H) 2-1 not used. Could have had 20 mins. Two subs used.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:21]

Well that concept is failed, but it's not one I'm working from. Indeed, I'm all for resting players, you're deliberately conflating this into something it isn't again now. I've never said rotation can't occur.

- Haha start a guy who's never played outside North America and no league football since 2019 against Man City in the FA cup. You'd have probably twisted it that he'd been hung out to dry if he'd destroyed by City's players. Ridiculous.

- Forest - tight match is exactly the point. You don't throw people in for great periods of time in really tight games who aren't used to the intensity and short on game time. Ridiculous. We won that game.

- Yes because Cooper did try and get us back into the Huddersfield game, it didn't work out but he went with players who'd been performing for us all season. As you say he made 5 subs - plenty of rotation and players rested there. So you shouldn't have any complaints.

- Coventry again - tight game, and you're advocating bringing on a guy in centre midfield?? Who's barely played in a year and a half!? Ridiculous. We won that game.

Bristol City - haha ok I'll concede and say he could have come on 15minutes earlier than he did. Lol.

Stoke City - shouldn't have got on. Too tight. Hourihane came off the bench in that game and played well. Ridiculous. We won that game.

Middlesbrough - shouldn't have got on. Too tight. Ridiculous. We won that game.

We do have other squad players mind! Not just Arriola! Ones more proven and integrated into the squad like Fulton.

Who was he meant to have replaced as sub in these games then? Hourihane? Really?

Is it dawning on you yet? Way to simplistic to say he should have played more. Especially a guy who you have never seen play before, in the middle of his pre-season and had a long injury lay off.

Cooper's job is to get performances and results. Not to make sure Arriola gets appearance bonuses.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:39]

Ariolla Speaks on 14:47 - May 13 with 524 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 14:38 - May 13 by Chief

Well that concept is failed, but it's not one I'm working from. Indeed, I'm all for resting players, you're deliberately conflating this into something it isn't again now. I've never said rotation can't occur.

- Haha start a guy who's never played outside North America and no league football since 2019 against Man City in the FA cup. You'd have probably twisted it that he'd been hung out to dry if he'd destroyed by City's players. Ridiculous.

- Forest - tight match is exactly the point. You don't throw people in for great periods of time in really tight games who aren't used to the intensity and short on game time. Ridiculous. We won that game.

- Yes because Cooper did try and get us back into the Huddersfield game, it didn't work out but he went with players who'd been performing for us all season. As you say he made 5 subs - plenty of rotation and players rested there. So you shouldn't have any complaints.

- Coventry again - tight game, and you're advocating bringing on a guy in centre midfield?? Who's barely played in a year and a half!? Ridiculous. We won that game.

Bristol City - haha ok I'll concede and say he could have come on 15minutes earlier than he did. Lol.

Stoke City - shouldn't have got on. Too tight. Hourihane came off the bench in that game and played well. Ridiculous. We won that game.

Middlesbrough - shouldn't have got on. Too tight. Ridiculous. We won that game.

We do have other squad players mind! Not just Arriola! Ones more proven and integrated into the squad like Fulton.

Who was he meant to have replaced as sub in these games then? Hourihane? Really?

Is it dawning on you yet? Way to simplistic to say he should have played more. Especially a guy who you have never seen play before, in the middle of his pre-season and had a long injury lay off.

Cooper's job is to get performances and results. Not to make sure Arriola gets appearance bonuses.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:39]

The season is up to 49 games. Cooper has used a very restricted small group with a number of players not used. I fear Swansea will turn out low energy lack lustre displays from over worked athletes. Ayew, Lowe Roberts and Guehi are Swansea s best players and need to be at their best for a sucessfull end to the season.

Ariolla Speaks on 14:52 - May 13 with 521 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 14:47 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

The season is up to 49 games. Cooper has used a very restricted small group with a number of players not used. I fear Swansea will turn out low energy lack lustre displays from over worked athletes. Ayew, Lowe Roberts and Guehi are Swansea s best players and need to be at their best for a sucessfull end to the season.

Our opponents have also played players in lots of games.

Ayew, Lowe, Roberts have all had rests over the last month. You're just lining yourself up for if we lose to blame Cooper again. No doubt the reason will be because he didn't bring on Arriola against Bristol City ten mins earlier and not that our opponents will have played better than us.

Cooper has rotated in players who have proved that they are capable of contributing right throughout the season.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:26 - May 13 with 510 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 14:52 - May 13 by Chief

Our opponents have also played players in lots of games.

Ayew, Lowe, Roberts have all had rests over the last month. You're just lining yourself up for if we lose to blame Cooper again. No doubt the reason will be because he didn't bring on Arriola against Bristol City ten mins earlier and not that our opponents will have played better than us.

Cooper has rotated in players who have proved that they are capable of contributing right throughout the season.

Absolutely. It is Coopers job to have his players fit and firing on all cylinders. If they lose with a whimper Cooper will be held accountable. It is a 49 games season at this level. Assessing the club after 35 games is meaningless.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 15:33]

Ariolla Speaks on 15:37 - May 13 with 504 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 15:26 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Absolutely. It is Coopers job to have his players fit and firing on all cylinders. If they lose with a whimper Cooper will be held accountable. It is a 49 games season at this level. Assessing the club after 35 games is meaningless.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 15:33]

Don't disagree which is besides the point anyway.

I'm all for rotation if it involves bringing in players of similar standard and fitness, which from all the evidence available to us, probably wasn't the case with Arriola.

Ariolla Speaks on 16:17 - May 13 with 492 viewsvetchonian

Ariolla Speaks on 14:47 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Ayew and lowe had rests in January...Ayew more than Lowe who was acalled into aCTION in the Forest game following Cullens injury..but despite the "frantic" pace of this season those two enjoyed a rest of 8 days bewtween games on average more than enough time to recover!

Ariolla Speaks on 19:13 - May 14 with 432 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 16:17 - May 13 by vetchonian

Ayew and lowe had rests in January...Ayew more than Lowe who was acalled into aCTION in the Forest game following Cullens injury..but despite the "frantic" pace of this season those two enjoyed a rest of 8 days bewtween games on average more than enough time to recover!

Arrioila doubled his 2021 time on grass this afternoon 14 may 2021. A 1-0 shut out of road team Chigao Fire. 15 mins plus overtime. He would have been available for the play offs. Perhaps he still is?
[Post edited 14 May 2021 19:15]

Ariolla Speaks on 19:32 - May 14 with 414 viewsvetchonian

Ariolla Speaks on 19:13 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Arrioila doubled his 2021 time on grass this afternoon 14 may 2021. A 1-0 shut out of road team Chigao Fire. 15 mins plus overtime. He would have been available for the play offs. Perhaps he still is?

what about rhe 25 mins he played in the cup..seens even othet managers will only gove him 15 mibs of game

Ariolla Speaks on 19:35 - May 14 with 413 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 19:32 - May 14 by vetchonian

what about rhe 25 mins he played in the cup..seens even othet managers will only gove him 15 mibs of game

I use league data only. The Man city game everyone got a run out and Cooper did not try to win it. He got 10mins plus 7 mins in the league . Peterson got 17mins v Newport.

I want to see synergies and Swansea players turning out in MLS. Latibeaudire, Whittaker Dhanda and Byers need game time. These could be big players out there when compared to Arriola apparently.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 19:39]

Ariolla Speaks on 19:46 - May 14 with 407 viewsvetchonian

Ariolla Speaks on 19:35 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I use league data only. The Man city game everyone got a run out and Cooper did not try to win it. He got 10mins plus 7 mins in the league . Peterson got 17mins v Newport.

I want to see synergies and Swansea players turning out in MLS. Latibeaudire, Whittaker Dhanda and Byers need game time. These could be big players out there when compared to Arriola apparently.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 19:39]

selective data ...and dont you think then that that game was a way to assess Arriola....how you can keep using him as a stick to beat Cooper when you or I have no idea on Arriola's readiness to be a first team regular...as you say he gas just doubled his 2021 mins in fact he has played 55mins last year he managed maybe 3 hours in total so avareage mins per month 2020 = 180÷12 =15 mins per month..this season 17 +25+15=57÷4.5=12.67 mins..maybe thats all he can play at this stage of his recovert

Ariolla Speaks on 19:52 - May 14 with 405 viewsChief

Having returned to his parent club, are you now suggesting that:
1. It would be possible for us to re-loan him outside of a transfer window?
2. We'd want to recall a guy who couldn't get in our team during his spell earlier in the season, but now following another injury and him moaning to the press, that we'd now want to in time for the plsy offs!?
[Post edited 14 May 2021 20:05]

Ariolla Speaks on 20:10 - May 14 with 397 viewsChief

Hold on....

You mean to tell me he didn't start for DC United? That bloody Hernan Losado. There's obviously a disconnect with him and his fringe players. It's disgusting the way he picks his favourites. His man management skills leave a lot to be desired. Doesn't he realise Arriola is an American International? Looks like Arriola has joined the '15 minute club' alongside Ola Kamara.

Ariolla Speaks on 22:19 - May 14 with 375 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 20:10 - May 14 by Chief

Hold on....

You mean to tell me he didn't start for DC United? That bloody Hernan Losado. There's obviously a disconnect with him and his fringe players. It's disgusting the way he picks his favourites. His man management skills leave a lot to be desired. Doesn't he realise Arriola is an American International? Looks like Arriola has joined the '15 minute club' alongside Ola Kamara.

I expect him to be given plenty of time on the field in Washington and road gmaes in the next 6-7 weeks. More than 17 miniutes league action for sure.

He was possibly sent back Stateside because he was not playing combined with getting injured. He could have recovered at Swansea and been available for Barnsley. (theoretically).

Ariolla Speaks on 22:22 - May 14 with 372 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 22:19 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I expect him to be given plenty of time on the field in Washington and road gmaes in the next 6-7 weeks. More than 17 miniutes league action for sure.

He was possibly sent back Stateside because he was not playing combined with getting injured. He could have recovered at Swansea and been available for Barnsley. (theoretically).

Ah so it's ok for DC Utd to ease him in back from injury but when Cooper does it he apparently doesn't know how handle his squad......

Interesting.

Ariolla Speaks on 22:31 - May 14 with 370 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 22:22 - May 14 by Chief

Ah so it's ok for DC Utd to ease him in back from injury but when Cooper does it he apparently doesn't know how handle his squad......

Interesting.

I consider him a good player. In his last games as a starter he started and Dikes replaced him. The US coach therefore must rate him too. We will never konw if he could have cut it in the Championship by the looks of it. I expect him to be a starter in the next few games.

Ariolla Speaks on 22:48 - May 14 with 367 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 22:31 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I consider him a good player. In his last games as a starter he started and Dikes replaced him. The US coach therefore must rate him too. We will never konw if he could have cut it in the Championship by the looks of it. I expect him to be a starter in the next few games.

Well that's unfortunate for you.

To consider a player good purely because they play occasionally for their international side is slightly strange but there we are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024